New album 'Colours' out July 2nd - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 8th June 2014, 01:18 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Judging from the tour reports, XOXO will probably have choreography as will Lelio. Angel will probably focus on her aerial stunts.

From hayasaki:
Quote:
LELIO is probably one of my personal favorites in this era. The stage and the screens are being illuminated with lines in different sizes and colors. And gosh, the choreography is sick! I really love how ayu danced. I wonder if she'd been taking dance lessons more these days 'cause she really moved so well.

Anyway, she was singing with sitting standing and dancing on a circular silver platform with a pole in the middle while being dragged in the left and right sides of the main stage. XOXO was really fun live! I kinda didn't like the song the first time i heard it but it suddenly has grown on me after i saw it live.

Last edited by truehappiness; 8th June 2014 at 01:20 AM.
Old 8th June 2014, 03:34 AM
SAKURA Initiate

I've listened to the album tracks & I absolutely love all of them.

I think it was a fantastic idea for ayu to work with these well known producers, because they've created such incredible songs! It's not easy to choose just one favorite song, lol. They're all just so amazing in their own ways! I'd have to say, though, my three most favorites would be: "Lelio", "XOXO", and "What is forever love". I think "Lelio" is such a cool song, and incredibly catchy! "XOXO" is so cute & fun to listen to. "What is forever love" is absolutely lovely. I enjoy listening to "Terminal", "Angel" & "NOW & 4EVA" as well & I think they're really great songs, too.

I'm so happy that we have these songs, along with the other songs that we've already heard (which are amazing songs as well, but I'd say "Merry-go-round" is my most favorite. I don't think I'll ever get tired of listening to it, lol. I just love that song!) It all makes for such an incredible album. "Colours" is totally one of ayu's best albums & I'm very happy with it.

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Last edited by Beauty4123; 8th June 2014 at 03:46 AM.
Old 8th June 2014, 03:37 AM
Don't look back Initiate

im gonna be leaving the PVs for the album

Honestly she can easily insert interludes to segment Hello new me, Pray, NOW & 4EVA lol.
And her naming of interludes are beautiful HAHA

Angel feels like the Marionette of the album. She's bringing the PV to the audience. I like that. haha
Old 8th June 2014, 04:27 AM
æternal Initiate

Ayu's gone to the quality over quantity direction this time IMO. I'm loving all tracks except maybe WTFL. I'd still give it a chance to grow on me.

I was just walking on the streets earlier while listening to Terminal. It felt like walking on runway for a fashion show. OMG

facebook | instagram | twitter

Old 8th June 2014, 06:53 AM
Initiate

Really excited how the pvs will all turn out to be after looking at the photos~!

Namie-Fans.net
Old 8th June 2014, 07:45 AM
Don't look back Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayasaki View Post
Ayu's gone to the quality over quantity direction this time IMO. I'm loving all tracks except maybe WTFL. I'd still give it a chance to grow on me.

I was just walking on the streets earlier while listening to Terminal. It felt like walking on runway for a fashion show. OMG
I KNOW RIGHT?! And when I listen to Lelio, I just want to dance and bob to the beat o gosh.. >< Infectious music

edit: just heard the album songs in order, I actually it flows pretty well! I think Pray and Hello new me should have swapped places hahha

Last edited by freedreamer; 8th June 2014 at 08:36 AM.
Old 8th June 2014, 02:30 PM
winding road H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeakira View Post
These are the total track numbers for her non-mini studio albums including bonus and hidden tracks

A Song for XX: 16
LOVEppears: 17
Duty: 12
I am...: 16
RAINBOW: 16
MY STORY: 17
(miss)understood: 16
Secret:14
GUILTY: 14
NEXT LEVEL: 14
Rock 'n' Roll Circus: 15
Love Songs: 16
Party Queen: 14
Love again: 15
Colours: 10

Well damn. It's the shortest studio album she has, and it doesn't even have intros/outros/interludes. You're right, that is pretty odd.
If you take out the interludes NEXT LEVEL has also 10 songs, GUILTY has 10 and a half (because Mirror is not a full song), Duty, Secret and Party Queen have 11 each, R'n'C has 12, and so on...

If you look that way it's not much different than some of her other albums, just that this time she decided to not put interludes in it. I'm ok with it, I like the interludes of her albums, but I don't think we need interludes just to make the tracklist look bigger...

Old 8th June 2014, 04:31 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

I'm one of those who doesn't care about interludes. Not at all.
So I'm really happy about an album without them.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 8th June 2014, 05:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimenta View Post
If you take out the interludes NEXT LEVEL has also 10 songs, GUILTY has 10 and a half (because Mirror is not a full song), Duty, Secret and Party Queen have 11 each, R'n'C has 12, and so on...

If you look that way it's not much different than some of her other albums, just that this time she decided to not put interludes in it. I'm ok with it, I like the interludes of her albums, but I don't think we need interludes just to make the tracklist look bigger...
I think in some cases interludes are indeed used to make the track list look bigger (NEXT LEVEL, GUILTY) but they can serve a really good purpose. See: RAINBOW and MY STORY. I would've loved an introduction track called Colours, 1-2 minutes long and "everlasting dream" x "Terminal" if that makes sense. A dreamy trance song then open with Feel the love. <33
Old 8th June 2014, 05:33 PM
Don't look back Initiate

Terminal and Angel sound like really long interludes to me LOL
and i think people just want more sounds so the album can be their money's worth (even if it means absolutely skipping the interludes one week after having the album)
Old 8th June 2014, 06:14 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Has anyone thought about the album's runtime yet?
Ayu's albums are usually bloated with 60-70 minutes worth of material.
This album is about 47 minutes, give or take. It's not that bad. I don't think the number of songs should be judged, but the runtime of the album.

And on the topic of interludes, maybe Ayu realized that most albums don't include interludes and she wants to advance musically, as much as I like her interludes.
I'm personally happy with the album. It's not bloated and half of it is non standard Ayu.
Old 8th June 2014, 06:28 PM
Banned

Hey, did anyone realize the album goes from happy to dark? Just an observation...

Feel the love / XOXO - super happy
What is forever love / Hello new me - happy
Pray / Angel - bittersweet
Terminal / Merry-go-round - dark
Lelio / NOW & 4EVA - darkest & loudest

I sooo wish she had a song called Colours now. She could get so creative with the lyrics, compare each color to an emotion or something. <3
Old 8th June 2014, 06:34 PM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedreamer View Post
Terminal and Angel sound like really long interludes to me LOL
and i think people just want more sounds so the album can be their money's worth (even if it means absolutely skipping the interludes one week after having the album)
Hey, I don't skip them! Though I realize I may be in a very small minority, I really enjoy Ayu's interludes and really think they fill out her albums very well in most cases. I still listen to interludes like "taskebab" and "The Judgement Day" just on their own, without having to play the album, "THE introduction" is one I occasionally play before rock songs come on (both Ayu and non-Ayu) and I always include interludes when I listen through a whole album.
So I am sad that there are no interludes for this album, but I still enjoy the album's full length songs enough so I will buy it if I have the money for it (which I'm not sure about yet).
Old 8th June 2014, 07:18 PM
Voyage Initiate

The interludes is something I associate a lot with Ayu so it is kinda sad for there not to be any on the album. Although we get an album every year anyway so it won't be long until we get another album (with interludes hopefully!)

Can't wait to listen to Colours!
Old 8th June 2014, 08:18 PM
P.S II Initiate

I'm one of those who love interludes to the point of putting them on playlists tbh~

But oh well.. I guess she really wanted something different under every aspect from the very beginning.

New music genres with western producers.
New title for her "usual" arena tour, though this year is shorter - isn't it?
No staple songs like evolution, SURREAL and Boys & Girls - so far, at least..
No encore..
No interludes/intros for the new album. 10 tracks is the way. lol

It does look like a let's-make-it-all-different-this-time plan to me haha~

眺めているだけじゃ いつまでも手に出来ない
眺めているだけじゃ 君の物にはならない

Old 8th June 2014, 09:00 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^The tour has +- the same number of songs she usually performs...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 8th June 2014, 09:09 PM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I think they were referring to the number of dates.

Anyway, I seriously hope Ayu's covers are nothing like that mess her competition is releasing. Sure, they may be colorful, but Itano Tomomi.... get some help.

Old 8th June 2014, 09:16 PM
P.S II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashen Twilight View Post
I think they were referring to the number of dates.

眺めているだけじゃ いつまでも手に出来ない
眺めているだけじゃ 君の物にはならない

Old 8th June 2014, 09:20 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Oh, ok!^^ It's just that some people were saying the show itself seemed shorter!

Yeap, she is performing +- 1/3 of the dates she does usually

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 8th June 2014, 09:32 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by November4 View Post
Hey, did anyone realize the album goes from happy to dark? Just an observation...

Feel the love / XOXO - super happy
What is forever love / Hello new me - happy
Pray / Angel - bittersweet
Terminal / Merry-go-round - dark
Lelio / NOW & 4EVA - darkest & loudest

I sooo wish she had a song called Colours now. She could get so creative with the lyrics, compare each color to an emotion or something. <3
I find What is forever love pretty depressing !

As for colours lyrics, have a look at Key, I think there's something like that !
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, colours