[Charts+sales] A BEST 2 -- THREAD II - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 18th March 2007, 05:14 AM
Dolls Initiate

if ppl didnt know the single was limited, and judging from her previous singles especially the first week sales, this is very low sales then. Maybe her sales are still hurt from cherry girl/unmei just like b&d/pride and this but/ashio will be like startin/born to be....will sell a little bit more than the previous single.

Last edited by Ayumiko; 18th March 2007 at 05:17 AM.
Old 18th March 2007, 05:17 AM
Because of You Initiate

It will be in the lower end in terms of sales post ~first things~. But it will probably debut a bit under the you/No Regret numbers (72k).
Old 18th March 2007, 05:22 AM
Dolls Initiate

This makes me wonder if this year, other female artists whose been on a decline will do better in their own sales....like namie and utada...their sales increased for their singles.

I wonder how well ayus new single will do (please release one around may!)....she havent released one since bluebird.
Old 18th March 2007, 05:46 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofpop View Post
I bet her A BEST 2 asia sales would be much bigger than her first one.
yep, i think so too
plus with ayu's asia tour for the first time, it's gonna be the greatest year for ayu's overseas fans!!!

set created by CREAtivITO
THE GREATEST TOUR
ayumi hamasaki ASIA TOUR 2007 A ~Tour of Secret~
NEXT STOP IS TAIWAN ON MARCH 24TH !!!!
LET'S SUPPORT AYU

Old 18th March 2007, 06:47 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker View Post
Being able to keep on a solid position, with little variation, instead of ridiculously dropping several positions in the second week could be a sign.
It'd probably be hard to stay too high on a chart when in the next week, and after that there's:
EXILE
Mr. Children
Mika Nakashima
Ai Otsuka best album
and so on..

And she did not effing drop to no.12. That was on the worldwide sales chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu_fan929 View Post
^Isn't it 7th on HMV and not charting in the TOP 20 for CDJapan?
HMV changes as time passes [it's in realtime] and for CDJapan she's on the "Upcoming albums" chart.

Last edited by truehappiness; 18th March 2007 at 06:52 AM.
Old 18th March 2007, 09:00 AM
YOU Initiate

OMFGQ!!!!!!!
A BEST DROPPED ONE SPOT!
OMG!!11!!1111111!

it went from #1 to #2, how do i suppose to live now?!
i! mean! one! spot!

chart-run : #1-#2 -- THIS IS SUCH A FAILURE!

¬_¬'

5/31 Osaka Jo-Hall! AMAZING!
http://www.myspace.com/_takao_

Last edited by atomicguy; 18th March 2007 at 09:04 AM.
Old 18th March 2007, 12:04 PM
The Judgement Day Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumiko View Post
second week position is just one position down....exile took the #1 spot.
white: 1 to 2 black 2 to 3. (If you just look at the first post carefully, that #12 spot is for world united chart)

Looking based on the daily indicators, Im very surprised b&l and but/ashio sold so low even though they are limited. Shouldnt the sales be closer to the limited number than it is now? since knowing that they are limited...fans would try to get it before they think will run out right? For someone like kumi who is one of the popular female artists right now still sell so low and so far not at the middle point of the limited number?
Sorry that I mentioned position, but it's pretty obvious the overall sales declined greatly after this album was released. From 475,284 to 101,894, that's one HUGE drop in sales. Anybody who releases an album these next weeks will drop this BESt album to the bottom.
Some people here think we're talking about some common album. This is a best release, it has gotten a lot of promotion, it is expected to sell a lot better than that. You guys must be in serious denial to think this album is doing amazingly great. ayu was a lazy bum with this release, she should have resung or have some of the tracks rearranged and it should have been a double CD (WHITE + BLACK) instead. Also, this release is bland and unoriginal. I'm a hardcore ayu fan and I didn't feel excited to listening to this A BEST 2 at all. I was just like, ok all the same old songs I've overplayed, sounding exactly the same again? (I know, there's the remastering crap, but for real, what a huge difference!!!! ) A BALLADS was definitely much better and interesting to listen to. It had a grand ballad like RAINBOW, which is one of her most memorable songs. Part of Me was a bogus track, cliche and forgettable with yet another recycled H/\L melody. I guess ayu's BEST covers do indeed show how her mood was when they decided she would have to release the compilation. This is why she looked so extremely bored in all the 4 covers, she's almost yawning in some of them.

About BUT/Aisho and BBL, maybe it has to do with how the cds were distributed? Maybe avex didn't put all albums/singles for sale all at once, I dunno, could be totally mistaken about it. Maybe people were not interested in those releases either.

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Last edited by ImpactBreaker; 18th March 2007 at 12:10 PM.
Old 18th March 2007, 12:06 PM
Trauma Initiate

Of course she's not gonna sell 4 million again, 2001 is over, so stop the overly-high expectations.

But well, I was hoping at least 2 million combined. It's kind of sad, but it's not a FAILURE NOR A FLOP. It's just doing not so well. Especially not a 'pathetic failure'
Old 18th March 2007, 12:15 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Sorry that I mentioned position, but it's pretty obvious the overall sales declined greatly after this album was released. From 475,284 to 101,894, that's one HUGE drop in sales. Anybody who releases an album these next weeks will drop this BESt album to the bottom.
Some people here think we're talking about some common album. This is a best release, it has gotten a lot of promotion, it is expected to sell a lot better than that. You guys must be in serious denial to think this album is doing amazingly great. ayu was a lazy bum with this release, she should have resung or have some of the tracks rearranged and it should have been a double CD (WHITE + BLACK) instead. Also, this release is bland and unoriginal. I'm a hardcore ayu fan and I didn't feel excited to listening to this A BEST 2 at all. I was just like, ok all the same old songs I've overplayed, sounding exactly the same again? (I know, there's the remastering crap, but for real, what a huge difference!!!! ) A BALLADS was definitely much better and interesting to listen to. It had a grand ballad like RAINBOW, which is one of her most memorable songs. Part of Me was a bogus track, cliche and forgettable with yet another recycled H/\L melody. I guess ayu's BEST covers do indeed show how her mood was when they decided she would have to release the compilation. This is why she looked so extremely bored in all the 4 covers, she's almost yawning in some of them.

About BUT/Aisho and BBL, maybe it has to do with how the cds were distributed? Maybe avex didn't put all albums/singles for sale all at once, I dunno, could be totally mistaken about it. Maybe people were not interested in those releases either.
I'm a hardcore ayu fan and I didn't feel excited to listening to this A BEST 2 at all.
That's probably the reason why you are so "disappointed" with everything. Most, if not all hardcore/omg longtime Ayu fans are like picky about every little thing she does. D:

Last edited by truehappiness; 18th March 2007 at 12:20 PM.
Old 18th March 2007, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal View Post
Of course she's not gonna sell 4 million again, 2001 is over, so stop the overly-high expectations.

But well, I was hoping at least 2 million combined. It's kind of sad, but it's not a FAILURE NOR A FLOP. It's just doing not so well. Especially not a 'pathetic failure'
Ok maybe my words were too harsh, but I'm glad you admit this is not being a "OMG what succesful album, this is so incredible!!11ug1iu16111" and not making use of silly excuses to try to justify these "not so good" sales.

kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 18th March 2007, 12:19 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I really think you're making too much of a big deal out of the sales of this album.

Obviously people are buying the album, but not as many people as we might've liked. So what? Does that mean Ayu failed? Does that mean that those 1.1 million units of A BEST 2 spell "not so good sales?"

I really think that by being Ayu fans, we were continually spoiled by high sales, and now that she's got semi-above-average sales, people are freaking out about it saying that she's "doomed." Many artists would kill to sell 400k+ of their albums..
Old 18th March 2007, 12:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enfluerage View Post
It'll be interesting to see how Ai am best turns out... I am very disappointed they took out Friends. Surely they could have made it a 14 track album instead. Hopefully, they'll re-do some tracks, though I think that will be unlikely.
THEY DID WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why did those bakas do that!!! omfg AVEX is full of retards A-BEST 2 alone didnt sell one million per copy but 60 some thousand. Avex is gonna do somthing to boost the sales but the album was so not a flop!

I thought Ai am best was already released. Ai would have been a baka desu if she didnt promote it but i think that album is gonna flop worst than any best album it still feels so soon you know and isnt making any sense that she released 4 singles already and no new album... what is wrong with AVEX this year?
Old 18th March 2007, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I really think you're making too much of a big deal out of the sales of this album.

Obviously people are buying the album, but not as many people as we might've liked. So what? Does that mean Ayu failed? Does that mean that those 1.1 million units of A BEST 2 spell "not so good sales?"
LOL I think some of you guys are making a big deal about me not agreeing with the people who are saying these sales are great and making use of made up bogus excuses to justify something that isn't doing well. This release didn't feel like ayu has really any independence over her work at all. In the covers ayu looks bored like hell as if she is "WHATEVER", it just shows how much inspired she was with this. Basically, she just stood bored for the photoshoots, made a rushed song and that's it, leave the rest to avex. Knowing that she has a large fanbase, she should have put more efforts in this release.

kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Last edited by ImpactBreaker; 18th March 2007 at 12:35 PM.
Old 18th March 2007, 12:35 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

And.. how do you know that?

I seriously think you're doing a little too much "assuming" and not enough "actually knowing." :|

She also looked very bored in the A BEST and Memorial address booklets.. does that mean there was no effort in their creation?

Last edited by truehappiness; 18th March 2007 at 12:39 PM.
Old 18th March 2007, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
And.. how do you know that?

I seriously think you're doing a little too much "assuming" and not enough "actually knowing." :|
You seriously don't think ayu worked very HARD into releasing this album do you? And sorry if you can't tell I'm somewhat joking with the cover stuff.

kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 18th March 2007, 12:41 PM
immature Initiate

dont say it is a flop
there is always ItUNe
im pretty sure she makes money out of that
Old 18th March 2007, 12:45 PM
Banned

I am sorry for all the intellegent people in here... But KUMI KODA's BOUNCE&LOVERS! is a limited album not suppose to sell over 350k so its not a flop at all the album wasnt even that serious to begin with and so is the "BUT" single. It was not on purpose to release it to hurt Ayu's sales!!

somehow had pmed that saying ABEST 2 flopped because of Kumi. I find it really incompentent that people blame this and that... i am still at a lost of words why people keep saying the album is doing bad.. because it definatly isnt.. people can sit here on this forum and cry and fuss but it aint doing anything.... If you feel so bad about it go out and promote the album yourself.... Ayu's prime is over but she is still doing well and on top... i dont hate ayu i will always be a fan because of her honest lyrics and she is not doing gimmicks anymore really she is just enjoying herself and making music..
Old 18th March 2007, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerrickRocks View Post
she is not doing gimmicks anymore really she is just enjoying herself and making music..
with A BEST 2? You sure?

Geez, we have to walk in the same line in order to be respected here in AHS. any different opinion and people will hunt you like hell. Ok, this album is amazing! It was great that they divided the release into 2, it makes you choose whether you prefer a happier album or a darker album, and that's so amazing, it is much better than if they had compiled both CDs in one album only. ayu put so much effort, I'm sure she was sweatimg buckets, specially into making her most original and amazing piece of work ever, part of Me! That song is so amazing, totally alternative with a very original melody. In the PV she had to wear a very heavy dress, poor ayu, all for the sake of her fans. These sales are fantastic and doing extremely well! I'm so impressed and proud of her!

kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Last edited by ImpactBreaker; 18th March 2007 at 12:57 PM.
Old 18th March 2007, 12:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
with A BEST 2? You sure?

Geez, we have to walk in the same line in order to be respected here in AHS. any different opinion and people will hunt you like hell. Ok, this album is amazing! It was great that they divided the release into 2, it makes you choose whether you prefer a happier album or a darker album. ayu put so much effort, specially into making her most original piece of work ever, part of Me! That song is so amazing, totally alternative with a very original melody. In the PV she had to wear a very heavy dress, poor ayu, all for the sake of her fans. These sales are fantastic and doing extremely well! I'm so impressed and proud of her!
i agree with you!! Ayu didnt work hard on this album and yeah i kind of forget the 2 albums were a concept thing lol and i sense the sarcasm lol your post is screaming with it lol. I didnt buy it or BEST Bounce and Lovers why because both suck!! they suck grapefruits! if more songs were added new ones and if they chose better songs yeah i would have bought it!! but no i am a rebel and going to get A-BEST 2 HONG KONG VERSION!!! BAM! 14.95 cd/dvd version in DC! LOL and yeah i know about the hunting thing lol i came name three who probally are going to respond to this lol
Old 18th March 2007, 01:12 PM
SCAR Initiate

Sorry, but HOW the fact that a BEST is limited can explain the low sales ??

If it can't sell the 2/3 of the stocks as a limited, how can it sell more as a non-limited ? O.o
Do you think that, NOW, if they change it to a non-limited BEST, it'll sell 10x more ?? I don't think so...
Do you think that the fact it's limited is a good reason for low sales ? That people will say "Oh, it's a limited I won't buy it" and "Oh, it's non-limited now, I'll surely buy it"??

I really don't get this point x___x
How would a LIMITED BEST sell more because it's just a BEST, and it haven't even reach the Limited stock ??

Please someone explain clearly because I REALLY don't get it v__v

01 HOME Mr.Children [37984]
02 YES 中島美嘉 [10028]
03 BEST~BOUNCE & LOVERS~(期間限定生産盤) 倖田來未 [8882]
04 EXILE EVOLUTION EXILE
05 ぶっ生き返す マキシマム ザ ホルモン
06 A BEST 2-WHITE- 浜崎あゆみ
07 A BEST 2-BLACK- 浜崎あゆみ

Mike Nakashima's original album would have sell more than BEST~BOUNCE & LOVERS~ =/
GO AYU GO GO!!!
Hope it won't be a huge drop for the 3rd week *-*

Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 - Chapter 2 ~sacrifice~ @ Chiba [2017/11/21]
Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 - Chapter 3 @ Nara [2017/12/03]
21st anniversary ~POWER of A^3~ @ Saitama [2019/04/06]
21st anniversary ~POWER of A^3~ @ Saitama [2019/04/07]
MUSIC for LIFE ~return~ @ mu-mo LIVE digital streaming [2021/07/01]
Closed Thread