Ayu and Religion - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11th October 2005, 02:05 AM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

maybe she doesn't just use religion as a fashion statement. who knows; maybe this is her way of standing up for her faith.

and ayumi is apparently a big influential figure in Japan, is she not? maybe she's even inspired a few people to pick up religion as well.

just my two cents x_x please don't kill me
Old 11th October 2005, 02:17 AM
Beyond the Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer
Of course it is just your opinion. I was simply pointing out some bad logic. Mostly that anyone singing a Christmas song, must be Christian.

Barbara S. has a christmas album
Old 11th October 2005, 05:43 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_nerd
Barbara S. has a christmas album
Exactly.
Old 4th July 2006, 10:46 AM
poker face Initiate

What is ayu religion

I want to know if ayu belive abaut god. M song show perhaps she is christian, isn`t she?
Old 4th July 2006, 11:47 AM
until that Day… Initiate

i think she's a catholic~
Old 4th July 2006, 12:24 PM
MY ALL Initiate

This has been discussed alot earlier, I don't know if it was in some random thread or if there's already a thread about this.

I find it most likely that she is shintoist. I don't think she is very religious.

When it comes to christianity she probably just think it's a nice religion, having a foreigners view of it she is using some of its concepts/designs in her own work.

martinstark.net - ayuready? episodes - facebook - twitter
Old 4th July 2006, 01:16 PM
Boys & Girls Initiate

I don't think she's religious, for M,I think it was special, she loves to show foreign stuff lol
Old 4th July 2006, 06:46 PM
no more words Initiate

I never bothered to dig into how the thing with religion and beliefs is like in Japan, but I think she follows the majority. Doesn't seem to me like she's Christian, despite she recognizes Christmas holiday (probably like majority of Japanese) and makes references to Christian symbols, themes.
Old 4th July 2006, 08:04 PM
HONEY Protector

Location: Oxford, UK (originally from Vancouver Island, Canada)
This thread is so funny. It stays dormant for about 6 months until someone goes "I think Ayu is Catholic/Christian" and then there is a explanation of how unlikely that is, sometimes followed by an arguement, then it is forgotten again only to be brought up in another 6 months

Check out my shop with handmade book jewellery!
Shop: www.coryographies.etsy.com --- Blog: www.coryographies.blogspot.com
Other blog: www.palaeolinguist.blogspot.com --- Other forum: www.linguistforum.com

Old 4th July 2006, 08:37 PM
devilayu

^ I agree. The topic has been hashed over dozens of times. Because of that, I will be closing this thread because the last thing we need is a cycle of the same thing for 6 more pages.

If anyone has any questions pertaining to speculation about her religion please read all the previous posts!.
Old 8th December 2006, 10:45 PM
I am... Initiate

Ayu: A Christian?

I was just wondering this cuz I just watched all the CNN interview and she said that her ideas come from God. And she does wear a lot of crucifixes and stuff and M was about Mary. So I was just wondering if she was or not

ROCK'N'ROLL

rock chick

Old 8th December 2006, 10:59 PM
forgiveness Initiate

Maybe; from the interview it seems like she believes in some sort of god, doesn't it? ^.^ She's never said if she practices a certain religion or not, though. We can only guess~
Old 8th December 2006, 11:03 PM
I am... Initiate

not only christians believe in "God" I think... i don't know if she's a christian, i've heard that before (that she's from that religion) but i'm not sure
Old 8th December 2006, 11:05 PM
Because of You Initiate

I've heard through various places that she is a Christian. I remember one was an article about how Ayu and hitomi are friends, and that they're both Christian.

Old 8th December 2006, 11:30 PM
Replace Initiate

But the ayu & hitomi being friends thing turned out not to be true (from what I heard), so I wouldn't trust that.

The Ayu being Christian or not thing has been a subject of SO much debate that I'm starting to think the question should be forbidden. X_x

Just because ayu wears crosses and sings about Christian stories & people doesn't mean she's Christian; doesn't mean she's not either. Likewise, there are various religions that believe in one God (besides "kamisama", and the translation ayu used when speaking english in the interview, "God", doesn't necessarily mean the God of Abraham. Then again, it might in this case. We don't know).

Until ayu says flat-out in an interview "I'm Christian", we'll never know for certain. She might just be into the thought of it; she may be KINDA christian but not practicing. Could be agnostic, using "my ideas come from God" as a way of saying they come from some unknown higher power or some mysterious force outside herself. Not necessarily the Christian God. Alot of people do that.

Until she says it flat-out one way or the other, there's no way to know and frankly no point in discussing it cuz none of the evidence is 100% conclusive either way. *shrug*

Besides, ayu's beliefs are her business. I'd hate for her to turn out to be one religion and have people here decide they don't like her anymore because they're not the same religion. I like not knowing, frankly.

Last edited by Delirium-Zer0; 8th December 2006 at 11:33 PM.
Old 9th December 2006, 01:12 AM
walking proud Initiate

I really don't think she has any religious affiliation. Until she says she believes in one religion, I'm not going to assume she does. Her mentioning God in the CNN interview could simply just mean that her ideas come out of nowhere, that she doesn't know when they will hit next and that's why she can't say what she will be doing in the future - that's how I interpretted that part of the interview anyways. So many Japanese incorporate the word "God" into when they speak English, such as saying "Oh my god" etc, yet they aren't Christian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium-Zer0 View Post
Could be agnostic, using "my ideas come from God" as a way of saying they come from some unknown higher power or some mysterious force outside herself. Not necessarily the Christian God. Alot of people do that.
[/color]
Yeah, that's kinda how it sounded to me, I thought.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 9th December 2006 at 01:14 AM.
Old 9th December 2006, 01:43 AM
immature Initiate

Im not christian but I believe in someone that controls everything
She can mean the same as she cannot
Nobody except Ayu can say if she is christian or not

Old 7th September 2007, 10:26 PM
still alone Initiate

Which religion is Ayu?

I know this question may be stupid...
But I often have wondered what religion is Ayu.
So does anyone knows?
Old 7th September 2007, 10:29 PM
winding road Initiate

Christian, I think?
Old 7th September 2007, 10:32 PM
Rule Protector

I believe christian too. She has the song M (for Mary), she did a lot of christian stuff in her concerts (like the crosses), and in the cnn interview she said she gets her inspiration from God.
Closed Thread