which album names has ayu copied?? - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 5th January 2009, 06:59 AM
glitter Initiate

which album names has ayu copied??

well guys... apparenly I'm that dumb that I have noo clue about this subject!!! at first I thought that her album names were pretty original (specially Duty, I am... and RAINBOW)

but, did she copied any of her album names??? I know about (miss)understood of course, P!nk had an album called like that too (yeah, Pink the american female singer).... soo, lets list those album names:

-A Song For XX
-LOVEppears
-Duty
-I am...
-RAINBOW
-A BALLADS (I'll include this one anyway )
-Memorial address
-MY STORY
-(miss)understood
-Secret
-GUILTY

soo guys!! anything would help!! thanks!!
Old 5th January 2009, 07:11 AM
Real me Initiate

Ayu didn't "copy" anything lol. I'm sure she didn't see P!nk's album and take the name. P!nk's is also spelled completely different. "M!ssundaztood"

tumblr

Old 5th January 2009, 07:14 AM
glitter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYV*izm View Post
Ayu didn't "copy" anything lol. I'm sure she didn't see P!nk's album and take the name. P!nk's is also spelled completely different. "M!ssundaztood"
i know right?
i dont think that ayu actually copied any of her album names... but people was saying that she did!

so i dont get it....

someone else had an album called missunderstood too xDD i cant remember who thou...
Old 5th January 2009, 07:23 AM
Far away Initiate

ROFL. If I'm not mistaken Ayu actually listens to Pink no? So it's quite possible she could have known. In the end she's original and gives that feel to all her works. I think it's against her policy to do something someone else is doing/has done. Ayu is her own creation. She's always been the type of person to take charge, and do something new. Even if it happened that her album names were the same as an album from elsewhere, I'm sure she didn't intend to copy. It's just that maybe the certain name conveys the ideas of her album the best, so she'll use it.

She hasn't copied anything and I firmly believe this, but if you want a list of albums with the same names as Ayu's (off the top of my head):

Koda Kumi - Secret (2005)

I am, GUILTY, My Story, Duty, and RAINBOW are all commonplace words/expressions so it's most likely...no I'd say there are definitely albums out there with the same names as these.

I know for sure there's no way in hell someone else has ASFXX; that is unique only to Ayu in every aspect. The same goes for LOVEppears, which isn't even a word; it's something she coined to reflect the theme of lost love in the album.
Old 5th January 2009, 07:30 AM
glitter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimex289 View Post
ROFL. If I'm not mistaken Ayu actually listens to Pink no? So it's quite possible she could have known. In the end she's original and gives that feel to all her works. I think it's against her policy to do something someone else is doing/has done. Ayu is her own creation. She's always been the type of person to take charge, and do something new. Even if it happened that her album names were the same as an album from elsewhere, I'm sure she didn't intend to copy. It's just that maybe the certain name conveys the ideas of her album the best, so she'll use it.

She hasn't copied anything and I firmly believe this, but if you want a list of albums with the same names as Ayu's (off the top of my head):

Koda Kumi - Secret (2005)

I am, GUILTY, My Story, Duty, and RAINBOW are all commonplace words/expressions so it's most likely...no I'd say there are definitely albums out there with the same names as these.

I know for sure there's no way in hell someone else has ASFXX; that is unique only to Ayu in every aspect. The same goes for LOVEppears, which isn't even a word; it's something she coined to reflect the theme of lost love in the album.

wow thanks!! xDD
I actually think the same thing about ayu and all that...

and I had no idea about that koda's album. ^^
Old 5th January 2009, 07:34 AM
Far away Initiate

Lolol I remember there was a stupid fuss about that back when. Kuu fans accusing Ayu of copying her just to add more fuel to some stupid war where the two are compared. In the end Ayu had a beautiful track in the album, namely Secret. It would then be the logical thing to call the album that if you were to convey the idea of the album/song.
Old 5th January 2009, 07:36 AM
glitter Initiate

Quote:
Lolol I remember there was a stupid fuss about that back when. Kuu fans accusing Ayu of copying her just to add more fuel to some stupid war where the two are compared. In the end Ayu had a beautiful track in the album, namely Secret. It would then be the logical thing to call the album that if you were to convey the idea of the album/song.
yea... personally I love the song xDD Secret is such a beautiful song after all...

what about the similarities between her own album names?? like Duty and GUILTY?? LOL I found it interesting, bringing back those times in her new albums
Old 5th January 2009, 07:43 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
that's really silly

it's not like Koda has exclusive copyright to the word Secret . The same thing goes for GUILTY too .

Other artistes like BREAKERZ , Anna Tsuchiya , The Rasmus also has a song titled GUILTY in their discography & then a while back people were making big hoo-ha over it for nothing

big deal

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 5th January 2009, 07:47 AM
glitter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
that's really silly

it's not like Koda has exclusive copyright to the word Secret . The same thing goes for GUILTY too .

Other artistes like BREAKERZ , Anna Tsuchiya , The Rasmus also has a song titled GUILTY in their discography & then a while back people were making big hoo-ha over it for nothing

big deal
omg yea!
xDD
I just remember now about The Rasmus xD
I love their songs xDD
Old 5th January 2009, 07:57 AM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
that's really silly

big deal
Exactly.
Old 5th January 2009, 07:59 AM
WE WISH Initiate

I think the RAINBOW album has the same title as Mariah Carey's album.
Pink has M!Sunderstood but thespelling makes a difference.

"From 2004 to 2011, thank you Ayu for sharing your wonderful music to my life..."

Old 5th January 2009, 08:11 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SURREAL__RAINBOW View Post
omg yea!
xDD
I just remember now about The Rasmus xD
I love their songs xDD
lol

yeah I think they're good , I like In The Shadows (the album) & the video for their song GUILTY is scary

scared the hell outta me & I swear after seeing the video , my perception on photos have changed drastically since then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanz16 View Post
I think the RAINBOW album has the same title as Mariah Carey's album.
Pink has M!Sunderstood but thespelling makes a difference.
yup

except for ayumi's case , the A in RAINBOW has her symbol

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 5th January 2009, 08:24 AM
WE WISH Initiate

^Yup!
Without the "rainbow" top and background.

"From 2004 to 2011, thank you Ayu for sharing your wonderful music to my life..."

Old 5th January 2009, 08:32 AM
glitter Initiate

Quote:
lol

yeah I think they're good , I like In The Shadows (the album) & the video for their song GUILTY is scary

scared the hell outta me & I swear after seeing the video , my perception on photos have changed drastically since then
omg thats my favourite album of them xDD and the video of Guilty was awesomeeee xDDD
Old 5th January 2009, 08:33 AM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

hmm speaking of mariah carey, didn't she have a promo picture similar to one of ayu's pic in RAINBOW's booklet?
Old 5th January 2009, 08:39 AM
WE WISH Initiate

Like on Mariah's advertisment for "Butterfly" fragrance?
OH! speaking of butterflies, one of Mariah's compilation albm has similar to Ayu's MW?

Old 5th January 2009, 10:35 AM
Secret Initiate

I know Beyonce recently had an album named "I am... Sasha Fierce"
The only album titles exclusive to Ayu are probably "A Song for XX," LOVEppears (it's made up after all xD) and "Memorial address."
Old 5th January 2009, 04:24 PM
still alone Initiate

Location: Uruguay (little south american country, have you heard of it??)
I am... (with the ...) was used in 1999 by rapper Nas, and many times without the ..., like Earth, Wind & Fire and other bands

RAINBOW was used million times, by Mariah Carey, Dolly Parton, Johnny Cash and on...

I think My Story was used as a title after Ayu's album by a metal band and a rapper in 2005, and was the name of some autobiographies including Marilyn Monroe's one

Secret was used by Koda Kumi before her

GUILTY is also a 1980 album by Barbra Streisand and I guess many other artists have albums named Guilty
Old 5th January 2009, 08:08 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
You will be surprised to know that A Song for XX is not unique to Ayumi.
There is an Osaka band (I forget their name) who also has a song named that.
Ahaha I laughed a little.
But Ayu's A Song For XX came out first~
Old 5th January 2009, 09:05 PM
Far away Initiate

Wow really. Well I'll be lol. Maybe I should stop assuming things but I don't think it's on the same level of deepness as Ayu's ASFXX, which has many things working behind it.