[Charts & Rankings] Official Sales & Positions Thread III ~NEXT LEVEL~ - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10th April 2009, 10:15 AM
Greatful days Initiate

I still haven't listened to this Album yet. I should so that I may be better informed on why such Low Sales and so many unsold Album Tickets. Hopefully I at least like it better than I did GUILTY.

I Have Never Tried On PERFUME Before, But There Is A First Time For Everything.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolce View Post
Man, CoriKaru's posts are gold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtka-chan View Post
^Hell no, Ayu is not that pretty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^ There's nothig wrong on being a slut...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
I saw Ayu's dress and realized where the budget for the whole video went. On the dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoriKaru View Post
ayumistans I swear fo' gawd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelosama View Post
For some things you have Mastercard, for others you have Nakata Yasutaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle ! View Post
Kuu Like a Sick And His midecin is near She should use it before it's gonna expire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klauser_Bateson View Post
So this is the girl who said her favorite Playstation game was Super Mario Bros. and held the PS Vita upside down at a press conference.

That aside, how's her music? Is it good?
Old 10th April 2009, 10:18 AM
glitter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Cuz it's AVEX and this could be the first year Ayu's cd sales most likely won't reach a million (total), so since they can't release another compilation, another album might sadly make more sense
exactly

something like (miss)understood - Secret

but in this case NEXT LEVEL wasn't release at the very beginning of the year

but still...

maybe this time a mini-album??
Old 10th April 2009, 10:19 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
I still haven't listened to this Album yet. I should so that I may be better informed on why such Low Sales and so many unsold Album Tickets. Hopefully I at least like it better than I did GUILTY.
The quality of music/songs doesn't necessarilly reflect the album's sales, if it did, Shimatani's HEART&SYMPHONY would sell millions And a solid number of boybands would be selling close to nothing (KAT-TUN and EXILE would be selling coffee and pancakes ^^), in my opinion.

@SURREAL_RAINBOW - even if they release it in January/Feb. 2010 it would still count as fiscal 2009, I really doubt they'll wait more than 1 year to release it. I am just hoping that she will still release 2 singles prior to it.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 10th April 2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10th April 2009, 10:22 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SURREAL__RAINBOW View Post
just wondering

because they always come up with the craziest things
I know & you think that J-Storm/J-one & Johnny's Entertainment are bad -_-

Quote:
Cuz it's AVEX and this could be the first year Ayu's cd sales most likely won't reach a million (total), so since they can't release another compilation, another album might sadly make more sense
I believe so but it's still not a valid reason/occasion to ask ayumi to put out another album at the end of the year

it wouldn't be fair for everyone at all , let alone to ask ayumi to overwork like crap

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 10th April 2009, 10:23 AM
glitter Initiate

Quote:
The quality of music/songs doesn't necessarilly reflect the album's sales, if it did, Shimatani's HEART&SYMPHONY would sell millions
that is so true!

what about Utada's English album.

I really enjoyed it, it was a pretty good album and it didn't sell as many of us expected!

and they can't say that it was because it was in English. Many overseas artists release in Japan and they sell pretty good!

EDIT: I think that we will have to wait and see how other female idols do with their albums this year... like namie for example

then we will be able to tell if the low sales are because of the economy or something else (NEXT LEVEL wasn't a very strong album after all )

Last edited by SURREAL__RAINBOW; 10th April 2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 10th April 2009, 10:31 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
I know & you think that J-Storm/J-one & Johnny's Entertainment are bad -_-

I believe so but it's still not a valid reason/occasion to ask ayumi to put out another album at the end of the year

it wouldn't be fair for everyone at all , let alone to ask ayumi to overwork like crap
Yeah I don't really want a rushed album to make the sales look better. So yeah, it's not a valid reason to ask her to do another album, but sadly the list of people who care about that in AVEX is blank.

We can only hope that it won't happen.

@SURREAL_RAINBOW - well so far WILD/Dr. isn't doing really well physically, as it barely broke 100k on it's 3rd week. Chances are it will barely outsell Rule/Sparkle and considering Namie was in her 2nd peak in 2008 it could either mean that she's already lost it or that the economy is affecting the sales too much, but than again there are examples that can prove that wrong..

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 10th April 2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 10th April 2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Yeah I don't really want a rushed album to make the sales look better. So yeah, it's not a valid reason to ask her to do another album, but sadly the list of people who care about that in AVEX is blank.

We can only hope that it won't happen.
I hope so man with the release of the PCDL DVD that will be out next month , should something else be released from avex , ugh that will be horrible

& I agree with you , I don't want another rushed album once again *point at Secret even though it's the 1st ayumi album that I listened/love/bought*

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 10th April 2009, 10:51 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
I hope so man with the release of the PCDL DVD that will be out next month , should something else be released from avex , ugh that will be horrible

& I agree with you , I don't want another rushed album once again *point at Secret even though it's the 1st ayumi album that I listened/love/bought*
What I would really like to hear from Ayu is another MY STORY - an album filled with well written lyrics and loads of new material. It doesn't really have to be anything new.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 10th April 2009, 11:01 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:

@SURREAL_RAINBOW - well so far WILD/Dr. isn't doing really well physically, as it barely broke 100k on it's 3rd week. Chances are it will barely outsell Rule/Sparkle and considering Namie was in her 2nd peak in 2008 it could either mean that she's already lost it or that the economy is affecting the sales too much, but than again there are examples that can prove that wrong..
So true... Ayu's singles have actually done really well compared to other top female singers. As for NEXT LEVEL not selling as well as expected, I think it has a lot to do with it being released so soon after Rule/Sparkle + some other promotional issues.
Old 10th April 2009, 11:28 AM
BRILLANTE Initiate

NL drop to #4 in Taiwan chart. it cant stay #1 that long like A BEST II
Old 10th April 2009, 11:42 AM
SCAR Initiate

Quote:
Not really she has been doing the same thing (kinda) since Memorial Address, NEXT LEVEL didn't really change her style much.
Um, yes it did. It's for the most part different from her previous albums, especially the album tracks. Ayu hasn't done an electronic song since STEP you, and that really wasn't that electro.

To me, there's nothing wrong with the album itself. I don't think thats why it didn't sell well. I think it was a lack of promotion - this is the first time Ayu hasn't really promoted her album well and it shows. We have seen her release singles with little promotion but never an album. She should have given herself more time to make the album and rehease for the arena tour. She's trying to do too much in too little time and there's only so much promotion that can be done without the singer. Even though the album to me is one of my favourite she's ever done, it's no secret that it's rushed and I think the 10 songs/4 interlude mix makes it show.
Old 10th April 2009, 11:42 AM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
The quality of music/songs doesn't necessarilly reflect the album's sales, if it did, Shimatani's HEART&SYMPHONY would sell millions And a solid number of boybands would be selling close to nothing (KAT-TUN and EXILE would be selling coffee and pancakes ^^), in my opinion.
This is Ayumi Hamasaki we're talking about where usually her name is all that's required to sell an Album so for one of her Albums to sell like this and with all of the versions on top of that, I'd bet a lot on the quality of the music strongly affecting sales. Not to mention I've seen how many of the Japanese have a problem with the music on this Album. After I listen to it, I'll have an idea of what others had a problem with.

And the Shimatani reference is completely subjective. I could say the music on that wasn't that good and that's why it didn't sell a certain way. That goes for the Boy Bands as well. I don't really like to make excuses for Artists. It is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenteadrinker View Post
So true... Ayu's singles have actually done really well compared to other top female singers. As for NEXT LEVEL not selling as well as expected, I think it has a lot to do with it being released so soon after Rule/Sparkle + some other promotional issues.
It's usually the Single that suffers, not the Album so I don't think people would not buy an Album with however many songs because they prefer a Single with 2 songs.

I Have Never Tried On PERFUME Before, But There Is A First Time For Everything.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolce View Post
Man, CoriKaru's posts are gold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtka-chan View Post
^Hell no, Ayu is not that pretty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^ There's nothig wrong on being a slut...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
I saw Ayu's dress and realized where the budget for the whole video went. On the dress.
Quote:
ayumistans I swear fo' gawd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelosama View Post
For some things you have Mastercard, for others you have Nakata Yasutaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle ! View Post
Kuu Like a Sick And His midecin is near She should use it before it's gonna expire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klauser_Bateson View Post
So this is the girl who said her favorite Playstation game was Super Mario Bros. and held the PS Vita upside down at a press conference.

That aside, how's her music? Is it good?
Old 10th April 2009, 11:53 AM
WE WISH Initiate

NEXT LEVEL is @ #5 today.

"From 2004 to 2011, thank you Ayu for sharing your wonderful music to my life..."

Old 10th April 2009, 12:15 PM
independent Initiate

Oh, no... It is keep falling...

Koda Kumi Fan since 2003 * ~ * ~ * ~ * Instagram

Old 10th April 2009, 12:32 PM
WE WISH Initiate

^ Yup...

There's a new release just this week ago.

"From 2004 to 2011, thank you Ayu for sharing your wonderful music to my life..."

Old 10th April 2009, 12:55 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:

This is Ayumi Hamasaki we're talking about where usually her name is all that's required to sell an Album so for one of her Albums to sell like this and with all of the versions on top of that, I'd bet a lot on the quality of the music strongly affecting sales. Not to mention I've seen how many of the Japanese have a problem with the music on this Album. After I listen to it, I'll have an idea of what others had a problem with.

And the Shimatani reference is completely subjective. I could say the music on that wasn't that good and that's why it didn't sell a certain way. That goes for the Boy Bands as well. I don't really like to make excuses for Artists. It is what it is.

It's usually the Single that suffers, not the Album so I don't think people would not buy an Album with however many songs because they prefer a Single with 2 songs.
Everything is subjective, that's why I added the imo part Hmm and no I don't think the name's enough, god knows we've seen that it's not even enough to be Utada (Hikaru) and release an album which will sell with low promo and her albums usually sold good with no additional PVs (though HS had loads of TV perfs). I didn't try to make an excuse, just state that the quality of music doesn't really have to determine the sales, but it all depends on your standards and taste I guess.

Considering that both Days/GREEN and Rule/Sparkle were quite successful for female artist standards, I doubt it's the music that's preventing people from buying the album, the new PVs that were aired were a summer song and a ballad and didn't bring anything new to her music. But I guess it's all the matter of taste and it's pointless to argue about the quality of the songs as you said, cuz as usual the opinions will be mixed as we've already seen. Plus we do know that Ayu's sales keep declining with every new studio album, so there is nothing weird with NL selling less than GUILTY.

@tony g - Besides Sparkle and rollin' all the other tracks were pretty much what Ayu has done before, one way or another. So I disagree, NEXT LEVEL doesn't bring that many new things to Ayu's music.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 10th April 2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 10th April 2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
What I would really like to hear from Ayu is another MY STORY - an album filled with well written lyrics and loads of new material. It doesn't really have to be anything new.
that will be awesome if she come up with another MY STORY as that alongside with Secret were the 1st 2 albums that I heard of her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanz16 View Post
^ Yup...

There's a new release just this week ago.
& that's KinKi Kids's Domoto Tsuyoshi's new solo album which's released at the same time with his new solo single

it's out today instead of Wed cos of his 30th birthday

ugh if not for the fact that I support Johnny's , I would have sent him to the gallows

Old 10th April 2009, 05:49 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Hmm #5 today.... maybe they're counting both UBS shipment waves together later...? Or people really didn't order any lol.
Old 10th April 2009, 05:54 PM
I am... Initiate

^Oh yeah it's Endlicheri's birthday. Speaking of which, Kinki Kids has also halted their annual year end album for the first time like ayu.

Quote:
MY STORY really wowed me. It was a cohesive album and each song has a special place in my heart (except Liar and HAPPY ENDING). I would also like another album like that. Why do people keep demanding that ayu change her musical style? I don't think anyone ever told Schubert they were sick of his lieder 600 compositions down the road.
Old 10th April 2009, 06:04 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Am I the only one who didn't find MY STORY that special? >_<; Sometimes I think people only like it just because it had 10 new tracks <_<; But I could be wrong!

Anyway, I'm not sure if sales are going to go up anymore because we don't know if the USBs were counted yet. So I hope for longevity to the max for this album! I think with some performances and the tour, the album could at least stay on the chart for a decent amount of time... besides, it's about the end result not how it started, right?
Closed Thread