Is Ayumi just a big copycat? - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 29th June 2013, 02:48 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

^
Uh? I don't see similarities between You&Me and We Found Love... Now I'm going to watch them again!XD

Hello new me...

Old 29th June 2013, 04:10 PM
forgiveness Initiate

^You & Me really reminds me of We Found Love even the musical direction albeit different but the two has sort of a similarity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki-7 View Post

Just because she has pigtails -_-'
Ayu has used a similar outfit to that silver one Kylie is wearing, it's for Greatful days~evolution on A MUSEUM

credits from eneabba.net

And I believe two costumes from Kylie's Showgirl Tour are similar with two costumes in AT07
Spoiler:

and

Love all of them though it was nice I think for Ayu to adapted Kylie's because Kylie always wear nice elegant things for her concerts lol
Old 30th June 2013, 12:24 AM
Secret Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatGirl View Post
I'm surprised that You & Me/We Found Love hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet >_> That's Ayu's worst offense when it comes to ~*inspiration from other artists*~ imo
There's nothing similar between the two...lol
Old 30th June 2013, 03:24 AM
Two of us Initiate

The world is full of similarities.. Just because she uses a motorcycle doesn't mean she's copying without shame to others... well, I guess all humans do "copy" others ideas from time to time. Ayu has a very own style and she's not an exact copy of Madonna or Britney, copying all the videos, the identical songs, even the lyrics without shame, if she was and did that i would hate her.

What about the Kanariya video? Britney appeared with diamonds all over her body on the Toxic video too, that was several years after Kanariya. Before I used to think she was copying Ayu but that's so immature to think.. and if that was the case, who cares? they're different singers anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra View Post

Love all of them though it was nice I think for Ayu to adapted Kylie's because Kylie always wear nice elegant things for her concerts lol

Yes it looks similar, but that's a costume. Costumes are for public use, they are not patented or exclusively of "X" singer.

10 years being an Ayumi fan

Last edited by ~.:*:.YaSuMi.:*:.~; 30th June 2013 at 03:27 AM.
Old 30th June 2013, 05:16 AM
forgiveness Initiate

^Yes I know that, it's not belong to someone in fact it belongs to showgirl performers like those in Moulin Rouge etc. I don't blame ayu, it's just that based on the evidence of previous use of costume adaptations, those costumes ayu wore could possibly inspired by Kylie's tour.
Old 30th June 2013, 05:54 AM
fairyland Initiate

While I don't put it past Ayu to take, uh... ~inspiration~ from other artists, I think some things, like the costumes, are just coincidence. If I'm not mistaken, Kana Nishino wore a flowly green dress in one of her concerts. I don't think she stole it from Ayu. Its just an unoriginal dress. I say again: nothing is original in music anymore. And it doesn't seem that people are trying to change that, just putting their personal touch on the ideas that already exist.

Old 30th June 2013, 01:39 PM
ever free Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NintendoHTF1242 View Post
There's nothing similar between the two...lol
OK lmao. The buildup to the choruses in both songs are very similar, as are the music videos (happy couple with the relationship eventually deteriorating). This was pretty much pointed out by everyone when You & Me was released.

Old 30th June 2013, 01:59 PM
forgiveness Initiate

^I remember in both videos there were scenes with the shopping trolley lol

^^I agree nothing is original anymore these days, it's just people improvising with the existing ideas or things.
The reason I point the green dress and the showgirl outfit is because both costumes appear in the same tour both for Kylie and Ayu; the green dress is for a ballad segment with a dancing/flauting male dancer like Ayu and Shuya. So it's not to the extent that Kana 'stole' a green flowy dress from Ayu, it's just that we know Ayu has Kylie as one of her inspirations.

Ayu loves cabaret and showgirl concepts I guess, AT07 evolution is a proof she was inspired by Moulin Rouge
This reminds me of AT05 INSPIRE's head dress

And this reminds me of AT05 GAME / Kuu's TRICK Tour showgirl and maybe AT07 AUDIENCE-Boys & Girls as well

Anyways, I would love to see if she'll adapt to other films, especially by Baz Luhrmann. I can't imagine Ayu wearing things inspired by The Great Gatsby!

Last edited by terra; 30th June 2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 30th June 2013, 02:26 PM
ayu trance Initiate

^
Yes Cabaret style is taken back often by singer for their show !

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 30th June 2013, 03:37 PM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~.:*:.YaSuMi.:*:.~ View Post
I think you and the author of this thread should try to
get more information before accusing of the copy cat thing.
As the others already said, the rights to this song were purchased.
This guy
Old 30th June 2013, 05:13 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra View Post
Anyways, I would love to see if she'll adapt to other films, especially by Baz Luhrmann. I can't imagine Ayu wearing things inspired by The Great Gatsby!
God, I'd love that! Baz Luhrmann's sense of beauty in directing and choosing costumes, and creating images and stages is amazing!

Hello new me...

Old 30th June 2013, 10:54 PM
Because of You Initiate

i actually find this whole stuff rather entertaining lol

Old 1st July 2013, 04:46 AM
Two of us Initiate

^

The one where they compare her to Christina's video is not fair at all... just because of the black wig and dark costume... and also the one with the black dress that looks similar to Britney's.... i mean, seriously, nowadays one can't simply just put a black dress because people will find 1,000 comparisons of other people who wore a black dress and say you are a copycat.

The last one of the UNITE/Dune cover... that one is scary! I think it's more than a coincidence.

10 years being an Ayumi fan
Old 1st July 2013, 10:48 AM
MY STORY Initiate

Damn, I knew I had seen those ourselves scenes somewhere when I saw that PV for the first time! :O

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 1st July 2013, 11:42 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Sometimes is plain obvious, but sometimes people are really unbelievable... like, ok, for a summer song I'm on a beach in a summer suit, so I copied the millions of singers before me because they did it too? And that's only one example I remember I saw.
I mean, some things are copied or "inspired by", but a lot of things are cliches, and, most importantly, some things are nothing. Like, snow for a winter ballad or beach for a summer song, or two plain red t-shirts.
I'm not attacking anyone here, we're talking normally in this thread (and I love that), I'm just slowly remembering all I had to see in the past years... And some stuff was beyond crazy!XD

Hello new me...

Old 1st July 2013, 01:42 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolce View Post
Bold & Delicious, Ladies Night, In The Corner, Pride, Beautiful Day, rainy day and Memorial address are also covers.
Memorial address is not a cover, since its composer is Tetsuya Yukumi..
she sings cover ( with her original lyrics) in her "My story", her songs were originally written for Sweetbox, if I remember well ^^

Anyway.. I like more the original version of "Tell me why" than ayumi's try

Even if I'm born again to someone else
I'll start a journey to seek for you

Old 1st July 2013, 02:18 PM
forgiveness Initiate

^Memorial address is a cover from Tetsuya Yukumi's band, LOVER SOUND TRACK. The original song is titled 'kumo' and the lyric is totally different, so does the arrangement so it counts

There's no cover songs in MY STORY as far as I know, cover songs are in (miss)understood.

Last edited by terra; 1st July 2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old 1st July 2013, 10:38 PM
ourselves Initiate

Herp derp.
Old 2nd July 2013, 12:36 AM
End of the World Initiate

I'm surprised about that, but I don't think that ayu is a Copycat. I always thing when I listen this song that is so western, and an unusual song of ayu. But anyway some songs of kuu ayu and namie are composed by europeans composers.
Old 3rd July 2013, 02:03 AM
ayu trance Initiate

basically to everyone, ayu bought the music and wrote the lyrics like most of her songs, but this time the music she bought was used elsewhere, just like she did with (miss)understood, Bold and Delicious, Ladies Night etc, except ayu go (miss)understood out before sweetbox got there versions out