Where can i get L'arc-en-ciels 20th L'anniversary day 2? - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat

Notices

Old 4th January 2013, 11:21 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Where can i get L'arc-en-ciels 20th L'anniversary day 2?

Hey, hope this is the right spot to ask this. I wanna buy L'Arc~en~Ciel's "20th L'Anniversay Live -Day 2-" concert DVD. However, I didn't wanna spend almost $100 on it for the Japan Version. YesAsia had the HK Version, but it's now listed as being Out Of Print there. I'm living in Canada so I don't have many options in terms of buying it from a local store or anything. Can someone help me out please?
Old 4th January 2013, 11:52 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Pacific mall at steeles and kennedy would be a good place to check i think. there's a cd store that may sell it. they sell all kinds of j-music concert dvds, all in HK press with the odd JP press.
Old 4th January 2013, 11:53 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

^where is that? downtown toronto?
Old 5th January 2013, 02:21 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

HMV HK still has stock on the 20th L’Anniversary LIVE -Day2- DVD (same thing goes for 20th L’Anniversary LIVE -Day1-)

http://www.hmv.com.hk/product/dvd.asp?sku=377990

It's the HK press & they only accept credit card for overseas orders . Shipping method wise , they only use registered airmail but unlike YesAsia , HMV HK is more reliable & faster

And it's ironic since both of them are stationed in Hong Kong itself but yeah whatever on that

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 5th January 2013, 02:29 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

^I dont have a credit card.

Also i've never had any real problems with YA over the years.

Any chance you could grab it for me and mail it over? I can give you the money for it via paypal.

Last edited by ILoveGeniuses; 5th January 2013 at 02:36 AM.
Old 5th January 2013, 02:32 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

That's northern Toronto lol
It's so far from downtown
Your best bet would be to drive down
Old 5th January 2013, 02:33 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold View Post
That's northern Toronto lol
It's so far from downtown
Your best bet would be to drive down
Nobody in my household has a license or car. We rely on public transportation for EVERYTHING.
Old 5th January 2013, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierofSilence View Post
^I dont have a credit card.

Also i've never had any real problems with YA over the years.
oh dear I'm sorry to hear that . 5music which's an online Taiwan shop (but it has physical stores in Taiwan itself) also is selling the Taiwan presses for both DVDs too

And my problem with YesAsia is that they're way too slow for me which's ironic since I live about a 4 hours airplane ride away from them

But my most recent YesAsia order I placed with them , I had to wait almost a month before I receive the parcel on behalf of my younger sister ~_~

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Last edited by KarenPang; 5th January 2013 at 02:41 AM.
Old 5th January 2013, 02:40 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
oh dear I'm sorry to hear that . 5music which's an online Taiwan shop (but it has physical stores in Taiwan itself) also is selling the Taiwan presses for both DVDs too

And my problem with YesAsia is that they're way too slow for me which's ironic since I live about a 4 hours airplane ride away from them

But my most recent YesAsia order I placed with them , I had to wait almost a month before I receive the parcel on behalf of my younger sister ~_~
Wow! I've only had parcels take a bit longer around major holidays like Christmas but that seems to happen no matter who or where I buy from during December.
Old 5th January 2013, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Wow! I've only had parcels take a bit longer around major holidays like Christmas but that seems to happen no matter who or where I buy from during December.
It happens to me almost all the time whenever I order with YesAsia . That's why YesAsia is seriously my super last resort in getting OS presses

I prefer to buy from 5music as they sell Taiwan presses which have a much better quality . If not , I go with HMV HK . Both of them only accept credit card for payment which's ok since I find both of them to be more reliable if not quicker/faster (both uses only registered airmail which's great imo) unlike YesAsia

Anyway with regards to the 20th L’Anniversary LIVE -Day2- DVD , there's also Ebay since they only take PayPal

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/LArc-en-C...item43adc65117

But I can tell you that the cost being charged for the DVD (it's Taiwan press from where the seller's residing from since I bought from him/her before) via Ebay is much higher if not more costly as compared to what HMV HK and/or 5music is charging D:

Old 5th January 2013, 02:46 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
It happens to me almost all the time whenever I order with YesAsia . That's why YesAsia is seriously my super last resort in getting OS presses

I prefer to buy from 5music as they sell Taiwan presses which have a much better quality . If not , I go with HMV HK . Both of them only accept credit card for payment which's ok since I find both of them to be more reliable if not quicker/faster (both uses only registered airmail which's great imo) unlike YesAsia

Anyway with regards to the 20th L’Anniversary LIVE -Day2- DVD , there's also Ebay since they only take PayPal

But I can tell you that the cost being charged for the DVD (it's Taiwan press from where the seller's residing from since I bought from him/her before) via Ebay is much higher if not more costly as compared to what HMV HK and/or 5music is charging D:
Problem is the credit card though...

Do you know what the shipping cost to canada would be like?
Btw, if you live in Singapore, dont stores carry Jpop & Jrock releases?
Old 5th January 2013, 02:51 AM

Quote:

Do you know what the shipping cost to canada would be like?
Btw, if you live in Singapore, dont stores carry Jpop & Jrock releases?
The Ebay seller already stated that US$49.68 is inclusive of registered airmail shipping if you read his/her terms & conditions

And yes even though I live in S'pore , the CD stores here are not as reliable as say Taiwan since there's this whole DVD censorship board which really irks me & I'm not in the KPop fandom wagon either

That's why nowadays I prefer to buy online . Even the local HMV here don't sell BREAKERZ's material , other than the fact that they imported the CD only of Overwrite / Nounai Survivor to be sold here at a really high mark up price

Old 5th January 2013, 02:56 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
The Ebay seller already stated that US$49.68 is inclusive of registered airmail shipping if you read his/her terms & conditions

And yes even though I live in S'pore , the CD stores here are not as reliable as say Taiwan since there's this whole DVD censorship board which really irks me & I'm not in the KPop fandom wagon either

That's why nowadays I prefer to buy online . Even the local HMV here don't sell BREAKERZ's material , other than the fact that they imported the CD only of Overwrite / Nounai Survivor to be sold here at a really high mark up price
oh wow. that really sucks. i didnt realize Singapore had such strict censorship laws. We get anything and everything out over here. Heck, even on TV without it being edited or parental blocked. Anyways, when i asked about shipping i meant the shipping cost for the dvd on HMV HK. Sorry about the confusion.
Also, Im not much into KPOP either. Especially the more recent loads of girlgroups and boybands. Only Korean ones i do like is BoA & 2ne1. Plus i liked some of Chae Yeon and Ivy, but their most recent stuff isnt as appealing. Do they play kpop over the radio a lot there?
Old 5th January 2013, 02:59 AM

Quote:
oh wow. that really sucks. i didnt realize Singapore had such strict censorship laws. We get anything and everything out over here. Heck, even on TV without it being edited or parental blocked. Anyways, when i asked about shipping i meant the shipping cost for the dvd on HMV HK. Sorry about the confusion.

Also, Im not much into KPOP either. Especially the more recent loads of girlgroups and boybands. Only Korean ones i do like is BoA & 2ne1. Plus i liked some of Chae Yeon and Ivy, but their most recent stuff isnt as appealing. Do they play kpop over the radio a lot there?
HMV HK & 5music charge the price of any item + registered airmail shipping fee separately

And KPop is everywhere in my country which's really annoying cos it feels like the media shovering it down my throat & for me being not interested in it , I get annoyed easily

Luckily I learnt to block all of this & focus on listening to JPop/JRock which has worked for me well

Old 5th January 2013, 03:02 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
HMV HK & 5music charge the price of any item + registered airmail shipping fee separately

And KPop is everywhere in my country which's really annoying cos it feels like the media shovering it down my throat & for me being not interested in it , I get annoyed easily

Luckily I learnt to block all of this & focus on listening to JPop/JRock which has worked for me well
Thanks. And wow, that must be annoying. I've been getting super annoyed just hearing Gangnam Style everywhere i go around here. Personally i listen to a mix of American and Japanese music along with like 1 or 2 British singers. Well I'm going to ask my friend if she could order the Laruku DVD for me. Hopefully she says yes. *keeps fingers crossed*

oh and thanks again.
Old 5th January 2013, 03:22 AM

No worries I tried my best to help in anyway I can possible

Also apologises if I might sound rude but I wonder how come you're able to order things online using PayPal but yet you don't have a credit card ? o_O

For my case , my PayPal account is directly linked with my debit card so :O

Old 5th January 2013, 03:25 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
No worries I tried my best to help in anyway I can possible

Also apologises if I might sound rude but I wonder how come you're able to order things online using PayPal but yet you don't have a credit card ? o_O

For my case , my PayPal account is directly linked with my debit card so :O
A debit card and credit card arent necessarily the same thing over here. I have a debit card. However mine doesnt have anything like VISA or MasterCard attached onto it. All it can do is let me access my bank account at the bank and use it in stores to pay for items by swiping it and entering my pin number which then removes the money from my account. I have a paypal account but its linked to my bank account. When i choose paypal as my payment option online paypal takes the money from my bank account. I hope i explained that well enough. Seems things are different for different countries.