"bump" - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Board Forums > FAQ, Tech Support, and Guidelines

Notices

Old 21st February 2008, 09:44 AM
YOU Initiate

"bump"

Some recent replies I have made to posts in the enquiries section have been renegaded to the 'trash can' with no explanation aside from 'bump'.
I am annoyed because I am not 'bumping' I am genuinely registering my oppinion in response to a topic. I don't get a chance to visit AHS and enjoy the enquiries section and I reply regardless of how old a topic is. Why would I bump a topic I didn't even start, especially when I am adding something new to it? And why store topics from years ago if you don't want people to reply to them? Locking them would prevent people like me...'bumping'.
I have looked through the rules section and couldn't see ay guidelines on bumping but perhaps I need to look again?
Please let me know and if you would be so kind, please restore my replies as I feel they were of value.
Old 21st February 2008, 06:23 PM
Banned

Well, that's because those threads are old. Like, if someone hadn't replied in that thread for like 3 years or something and you just posted in there...that's considered a "bump". lol I hope I'm making sense. There was spree of bump threads late last year and it annoyed a lot of people even the mods. So, just stay in update old threads. lol
Old 21st February 2008, 07:38 PM
HONEY Protector

Location: Oxford, UK (originally from Vancouver Island, Canada)
There have been complaints of too many old threads being bumped. Some members have gotten annoyed.

[edit] Some bumping is okay, if there is a relevant post to add etc, and not all of your bumped thread posts were trashed. It aggrivates some members when they go to 'new posts' and all it is is threads from three years ago with one new comment added to the end. We don't lock old thread so that they CAN be bumped. It's just a case of quantity and necessity.

Check out my shop with handmade book jewellery!
Shop: www.coryographies.etsy.com --- Blog: www.coryographies.blogspot.com
Other blog: www.palaeolinguist.blogspot.com --- Other forum: www.linguistforum.com

Last edited by Corybobory; 21st February 2008 at 07:42 PM.
Old 22nd February 2008, 03:32 PM
YOU Initiate

I see, well, if members get annoyed then I suppose that's the main issue.
Still, the idea of a moderator capriciously deciding what is and isn't important on my behalf is insulting.

But I suppose on a forum this size you can't really spend time communicating with individual members about what posts they'd rather were left and which they'd agree to have deleted etc. Its just all part of the process I guess.
I'll just have to think of it like a reply-Russian Roulette

Thanks for your help Cory

Last edited by Nicolas; 22nd February 2008 at 03:34 PM.
Old 22nd February 2008, 03:40 PM
HONEY Protector

Location: Oxford, UK (originally from Vancouver Island, Canada)
In this case it wasn't the moderators who decided, it was the members. And the moderators having the ability to choose how to run the forum sounds pretty fine and non insulting to me! :p

Check out my shop with handmade book jewellery!
Shop: www.coryographies.etsy.com --- Blog: www.coryographies.blogspot.com
Other blog: www.palaeolinguist.blogspot.com --- Other forum: www.linguistforum.com