Max Matsuura leaves Avex - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 1st August 2004, 06:41 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

I really hope she leaves Avex *evil snicker*

And I don't think that Max has control over the back up singers. I highly doubt that Ayu would let someone pick her own back-up singers, then dress them, even more so since she has nearly all control over her look and the look of things related to her.
Old 1st August 2004, 06:49 AM
independent+ Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREA
Hopefully this would give ayu a chance to produce herself. Several other artists do it, I don't know why she couldn't.
She doesn't even write her own songs anymore. There's no way she'd do that.
Old 1st August 2004, 07:04 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Maybe this will be the kick in the ass she needs to start composing again. Here's for hoping...
Old 1st August 2004, 07:04 AM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantith
Not all artists who compose self-produce, anyway. Oni, until she was kicked by melody star, was produced by Haketa Takefumi and Nishiumi Takeshi. Hikki only started producing after "DISTANCE", and Ringo produced "karuki zaamen kuri no hana".
Maybe she's just saving them all for her next album, although I doubt that'd be likely.

Hmm... this is indeed a big problem indeed. If anything, I can foresee avex collapsing if all of Max's children were to up and leave with him. This is sad.
Old 1st August 2004, 07:07 AM
girlish H-Initiate

Quote:
Max already says she is pretty much producing herself (others have pointed that out in here), so there wouldn't be much change except she'd be taking the credit for it.

This could end up being a big deal, we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminaire
If anything, I can foresee avex collapsing if all of Max's children were to up and leave with him. This is sad.
What would be so bad about Avex collapsing anyway? If everyone good at Avex that was produced by Max up and left it's not like no one else would sign them or that they'd just stop making music.

Much of Avex's pratices as of late have been paticularly bothersome anyway. How many times can you put the same songs on a CD and try to sell it to us? We know for a fact that Ayu did NOT want to release a best album, yet was forced into it by the company. Not to mention they took away all the money that was being paid to remixes to provide 10 track singles for Ayu. Which makes sense for their company, but screws the fans over, who had grown accostumed to it.

I realize they are a company out to make a profit, but seriously, how many times can they market the same crap? They know Ayu worshippers are going to go out an buy it even though it's the SAME THING (H Special Edition, anyone? 4 different covers?). I don't feel that's a good business practice, myself, seems really rather greedy and makes me think less of them as a company.
Old 1st August 2004, 07:43 AM
Initiate

the end of AVEX ^_^

ayu should move with SONY
Old 1st August 2004, 07:46 AM
Cavi

Whoa, this is some huge news. Best of luck to Max in his future endeavors.
Old 1st August 2004, 08:03 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:

Just because she doesn't compose the music doesn't mean she can't produce. Tomoko Kawase produces all of her solo artist works (Tommy heavenly6 + february6), another female artist under avex, and a group (Tommy angels) and all she does is write the lyrics in the musical aspect. Just because someone doesn't compose doesn't mean they can't produce.
Old 1st August 2004, 08:09 AM
Banned

Breakup at Avex with Max Matsuura resignation

Mr. Matsuura is leaving as one of the founder and producer for the company.
Possible effect on Ayu and other artiste, possible following for those raised by him.

translation by kawai for
AHSforum.com

It was revealed that one of the founder of Avex Trax record company (located at Tokyo Bay area), officer Max Matsuura (39), whom was also the active producer with the company, has resigned on the 31st of July.

Mr.Matsuura has been highly regarded in the listed group for bringing up the company for the past 10 years, and is also the producer for Amuro Namie (26), Hamasaki Ayumi (25) and group ELT of the same company. A chao is unavoidable with many artist's producing duties under his hand.

His move has created a shock in the company, which has many artistes like TRF, globe, Namie and Hamasaki under the compnay.

According source that is related to this, there was a discussion on the future direction of the company during the executive's meeting, which was held on the 30th. Mr Matsurra was in difference with Chairman of the board Mr. Tatsumi Yoda's opinion. The scene was tense with the notion to dismiss the chairman being raised.

With a view that the relationship is impossible to restore, a decision to resign was made. Also resigning is Chiba Ryuhei (40) who was in charge of the production subsidary "Akushivu".

The other paragraphs was a brief history of avex's founding and on Max Matsurra, and commented about the singificant this might made towards the music industry with the possibility that those raised by him might be poached away from Avex also.

Last edited by kawai; 1st August 2004 at 08:28 AM.
Old 1st August 2004, 08:30 AM
Banned

More info on Mr. Tatsumi

http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6788
Old 1st August 2004, 08:40 AM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuRocks

What would be so bad about Avex collapsing anyway? If everyone good at Avex that was produced by Max up and left it's not like no one else would sign them or that they'd just stop making music.
Nonono, you misread me. I was lamenting the resignation of Matsuura and the possible effects of it on Ayu and the others, not the collapsing of Avex. In fact, I think I'd pretty much want to see how Avex struggles if Ayu leaves. I'm not fond of them as a recording company given their business tactics like you mentioned, especially when making money via Ayu is concerned.
Old 1st August 2004, 09:35 AM
girlish H-Initiate

Haha! Oh, ok, good. Sorry about that!
Old 1st August 2004, 02:13 PM
Wishing Guardian

There is a press release about the resignations at the avex site:
http://www.avex.co.jp/j_site/press/index.html
It merely announces that Matsuura and Chiba Ryuuhei have resigned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminaire
I'm not fond of them as a recording company given their business tactics like you mentioned, especially when making money via Ayu is concerned.
How would things be different if Ayu was at any other label?
Old 1st August 2004, 03:18 PM
SCAR Initiate

max is responsible for A BALLADS and A Best, 'nuff said. He hasn't been so greedy with other artists, but he's been milking hamasaki for all she's got for some time now.
Old 1st August 2004, 06:47 PM
fairyland Initiate

i wonder who's gonna produce ayu's stuff now.

ごめんNOT TAKING GFX REQUESTS.
{ T W I T T E R T U M B L R }
l l M O M E N T S l l × G O T

Old 1st August 2004, 09:05 PM
Banned

From what I could gather from this link from Yomiuri, I think Max will try and start his own label soon.
Old 1st August 2004, 09:13 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

That should be interesting, i wonder if Ayu will leave avex for his new label? she seems extremely loyal to him. Maybe we'll get some decent singles from her if she does, -by decent i mean with at least a few remixes not just the song and and instrmental-, Then again maybe Max is the one who's been cutting off the extra tracks.

Old 1st August 2004, 09:18 PM
Banned

A little bit of reading into the Yomiuri article seems to state that him and Mr. Chiba will both be joining up for the new label company, although I'm not sure what Ayu (and the other people on Avex's list) will be doing once those two set up their new business.
Old 1st August 2004, 09:20 PM
monochrome Initiate

MOVE! MOVE! MOVE! Avex is the root of all evil.
Old 1st August 2004, 09:23 PM
Dolls Initiate

This is going to be interesting, one of Avex top men going to create his own lable. ~Will ayu follow or stay If must of top singer leave and follow him it going have a very hard impact on the avex n

Tags
max matsuura