TROUBLE TOUR 2020 A ~サイゴノトラブル~ III - Page 32 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 14th May 2020, 11:49 PM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 View Post
It's surprising to me that avex hasn't "learned their lesson" with ayu. You would think they would (properly) record all final dates, just to be safe. There have been many instances where she sounded fine on the first day but then she doesn't sound great on the following date(s). If they had started doing that, they could have just used for the first day of A^3, for example. They did a great job with the editing but you get it.
Weird thing is that they film from 2 different dates and put different cuts onto the DVD (ex. My name's WOMEN from AT08, A song for xx/Mad World from AT18). It should not be that difficult to use the vocal recordings from 2 different recordings unless she's ad-libbing?
Old 15th May 2020, 12:28 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^Yeah, that makes a lot of sense... Postponing the recording would also cost a lot of money, but it curious all of them got sick dates recorded on DVD.
Yes. Lol I always found it curious how Namie and Ayu's tour arrangements kind of mimic each other, perhaps unintentionally or Avex trying to combine things to lower costs. Such as Namie and Ayu both having a tour that went from late 2003-early 2004, and having their 2008 concerts end up being filmed for dvd in Taiwan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuinh.k? View Post
Weird thing is that they film from 2 different dates and put different cuts onto the DVD (ex. My name's WOMEN from AT08, A song for xx/Mad World from AT18). It should not be that difficult to use the vocal recordings from 2 different recordings unless she's ad-libbing?
Do you mean match up the audio of a different day to video of the actual day or just using a different day's video of that performance? There are many problems matching video and audio, I'm sure they have done this for some of her dvds, but it could look like she was lip syncing when she actually wasn't. Unless the liner notes specify that it was filmed on a single specific day (such as power of A^3), it's usually a combination of the best performances from the tour. I could be wrong, but I think they only use footage from the same venue so the show looks cohesive, but they use footages of 2 or 3 days from that venue. If you film at multiple venues, people can tell if the arena looks different.

Quote:
It's surprising to me that avex hasn't "learned their lesson" with ayu. You would think they would (properly) record all final dates, just to be safe. There have been many instances where she sounded fine on the first day but then she doesn't sound great on the following date(s). If they had started doing that, they could have just used for the first day of A^3, for example. They did a great job with the editing but you get it.
Theoretically, yes it would be a good idea to record everything just in case, but the recording crew usually uses people from tv networks such as wowow, tv Asahi or MON or other big professional recording companies to record. They're not always available and also it would be expensive to have the full professional film crews there for every show and not only just for one or two days at one venue.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 15th May 2020 at 12:40 AM.
Old 15th May 2020, 01:02 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

I was mainly talking about properly recording all final dates (as in, only the shows at the venue they want to use for the DVD), not the whole tour. They filmed the 2nd day of A^3 and the first day was filmed too but with less cameras (at least that's what I was told). The TV crew would be there on the following day so I'm sure they could have done something there to set up things properly for both days and just go with the better one.

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 15th May 2020 at 01:06 AM.
Old 15th May 2020, 01:39 AM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFmzk View Post
Yes. Lol I always found it curious how Namie and Ayu's tour arrangements kind of mimic each other, perhaps unintentionally or Avex trying to combine things to lower costs. Such as Namie and Ayu both having a tour that went from late 2003-early 2004, and having their 2008 concerts end up being filmed for dvd in Taiwan.

Do you mean match up the audio of a different day to video of the actual day or just using a different day's video of that performance? There are many problems matching video and audio, I'm sure they have done this for some of her dvds, but it could look like she was lip syncing when she actually wasn't. Unless the liner notes specify that it was filmed on a single specific day (such as power of A^3), it's usually a combination of the best performances from the tour. I could be wrong, but I think they only use footage from the same venue so the show looks cohesive, but they use footages of 2 or 3 days from that venue. If you film at multiple venues, people can tell if the arena looks different.

Theoretically, yes it would be a good idea to record everything just in case, but the recording crew usually uses people from tv networks such as wowow, tv Asahi or MON or other big professional recording companies to record. They're not always available and also it would be expensive to have the full professional film crews there for every show and not only just for one or two days at one venue.
Yes, I meant to say record the show from 2 dates at the same venue. If they did that, they could use the vocals from the better show and use video footage from both shows?
Old 15th May 2020, 04:02 AM
Initiate

Quote:
I was mainly talking about properly recording all final dates (as in, only the shows at the venue they want to use for the DVD), not the whole tour. They filmed the 2nd day of A^3 and the first day was filmed too but with less cameras (at least that's what I was told). The TV crew would be there on the following day so I'm sure they could have done something there to set up things properly for both days and just go with the better one.
Ah, yes that would probably work. Don't they already do that for countdown live? I think the dvd usually has some songs from dec 29 or 30 if it was a better performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuinh.k? View Post
Yes, I meant to say record the show from 2 dates at the same venue. If they did that, they could use the vocals from the better show and use video footage from both shows?
It can be tricky lining up vocals to a different video. If a performance from another day at the same venue is better, it's easier to use that recording, video & audio so her singing matches the video and doesn't look lip synced

Last edited by AJFmzk; 15th May 2020 at 04:04 AM.
Old 15th May 2020, 05:37 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

It's very usual to record several dates in the same venue for a release. Also recording a dressed reharsal to get good close ups or any takes that doesn't show the audience.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 15th May 2020, 10:49 AM
No way to say Initiate

Every show is filmed or recorded as Ayu watches every show for any mistakes or changes afterwards, or at least used to? That's also how some DVDs/BR includes MC edits from all the other dates. Though the concerts filmed for broadcast have more cameras and sophisticated camera directing/rehearsing.
Old 15th May 2020, 03:19 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
Every show is filmed or recorded as Ayu watches every show for any mistakes or changes afterwards, or at least used to? That's also how some DVDs/BR includes MC edits from all the other dates. Though the concerts filmed for broadcast have more cameras and sophisticated camera directing/rehearsing.
I think she still films every show, but as you said it’s less cameras and I think her staff operates the cameras, they wouldn’t have the big crane cameras and the flying cameras that get the really dynamic shots.
Old 15th May 2020, 04:36 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
I think she still films every show, but as you said it’s less cameras and I think her staff operates the cameras, they wouldn’t have the big crane cameras and the flying cameras that get the really dynamic shots.
Exactly—they need cameras at every show to record the feed that shows on the screens on stage but that’s a whole different ballgame from recording a show for TV/DVD.
Old 15th May 2020, 07:14 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocopockymaster View Post
Exactly—they need cameras at every show to record the feed that shows on the screens on stage but that’s a whole different ballgame from recording a show for TV/DVD.
Yes, I totally forgot about that! Of course they have those cameras there, but I don’t know if they’re actually recording the footage on them. They probably are so she can watch after, but they’re not the fancy tv cameras. It reminds me of the Power of music 2011 bonus songs...they did record them but the footage is kind of crappy because they were only supposed to be for the stage screens
Old 15th May 2020, 08:21 PM
Depend on you Initiate

I’m still dying for any recordings of the first few shows of AT08. Does anyone have them?
Old 15th May 2020, 09:13 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Yes, I totally forgot about that! Of course they have those cameras there, but I don’t know if they’re actually recording the footage on them. They probably are so she can watch after, but they’re not the fancy tv cameras. It reminds me of the Power of music 2011 bonus songs...they did record them but the footage is kind of crappy because they were only supposed to be for the stage screens
Ayu has stated before she usually always watches the concerts to go over what could be done better afterward after the show is over. However, those are pretty rough cuts and I think very rarely we see that feed in documentaries/credits footage. It's often really grainy or badly lit but it's good enough to see any staging issues or whatever else.
Old 15th May 2020, 11:13 PM
Initiate

^all of that is correct. I just meant I don’t know if they actually record the footage on all of the cameras or just one or 2. Some might be only for the screen. Because recording the show from 5 or 6 different angles is useful when she’s going over the shows, but it’s a lot of footage to watch, so some cameras may only be for the screens. It’s possible they’re recording to all of them though. They’ll just have a ton of video from different angles to watch through. They probably do record it all though, now that I think about it. Ayu probably would want to see how everything looks from different angles, so she can see what the dancers are doing, the band and how she was in the performance.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 15th May 2020 at 11:38 PM.
Old 20th May 2020, 07:23 AM
appears Initiate

Looks like Ayu just issued a statement on Instagram that the rest of the tour has been cancelled: https://www.instagram.com/p/CAXRxApHVfi/

-> <-
Old 20th May 2020, 09:47 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

This thread seriously need to close, we already have another thread on its third page:
http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124848
Closed Thread

Tags
trouble, trouble tour, trouble tour 2019-2020