[News] New album "Remember you" on sale 2023.01.25 - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 23rd December 2022, 04:30 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
I'm not going to say this is dissapointing, but it is underwhelming. I see maybe 2 (3 if lucky) new tracks on the whole album. And the covers look like they were just shot in her home conference room.
same. still the most put together thing we have seen in years.
Old 23rd December 2022, 04:48 PM
Because of You Initiate

I hate "Remember you" turns out to be the title of the album.....

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 23rd December 2022, 04:53 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by krtman2002 View Post
By the way... There are so many people complaning about the covers but, have you seen Party Queen's covers?
Now THAT’S a real hot mess LOL…

Old 23rd December 2022, 05:45 PM
Initiate

Wish we had trickstar as an interlude !

Well I read all of your comments, a lot complains about the tracklist, but what I find disappointing is the DVD content ! No new PV to promote this album (who cares about making clip ??) and the a-nation online 2020 feels outdated (we already saw it 2 years ago !).

So I'm keeping faith that the new songs will be nice as the previous ones
Old 23rd December 2022, 06:49 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Nonfiction (Yohanne Simon Remix)... sounds nice! Simon is very into deep house and fancy disco sound.
(I hope in the future ayumi decides to bring us some ayumix album too)

I love the covers. The dark/warm colors are beautiful and simple.
Old 23rd December 2022, 07:14 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

The only things that keeps amazinf me with people disapointment here is that there are always disapointed that a suprise miracle didn't happen. A month ago, it was revealed we would get a 12 tracks album, that includes the 6 previous tracks and the content of the 2 DVDs were revealed.

If you were expecting 6 new full tracks, then you can be midly deceived, but it was the most unexpected scenario.

I am not defending the album either, I think this is so far her worst album musically, but except for adding few interludes and a remix that bumps the tracklist to 14 tracks, this is exactly what they advertised.

People reacted the same way for ''A BALLADS 2''. They announced it would only be remastered versions of existing songs and when it was released people were mad it wasn't new recordings. Stop fooling yourself.
Old 23rd December 2022, 07:16 PM
SCAR Initiate

Covers are good I guess, very thankful it's something classy and not a disaster like what happened to (miss)understood back in 2006, even if I prefer by far the ones used for MASK...
We'll see how this albums turns out, not very high expectations in the first place so it should be ok...

Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 - Chapter 2 ~sacrifice~ @ Chiba [2017/11/21]
Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 - Chapter 3 @ Nara [2017/12/03]
21st anniversary ~POWER of A^3~ @ Saitama [2019/04/06]
21st anniversary ~POWER of A^3~ @ Saitama [2019/04/07]
MUSIC for LIFE ~return~ @ mu-mo LIVE digital streaming [2021/07/01]
Old 23rd December 2022, 07:19 PM
SEASONS Initiate

The covers feel really fresh to me. I really like them in that sense.
Of course it's another beauty shot with no meaning at all but, it almost feels like backstage photos (the really grainy low quality like it's shot on an iPhone 6, the awkward and thoughtless composition, the way she seems half-way gesturing on the dvd/bluray ver.). I really like all that. It reminds me of early photoshoots of her. And I'd personally take something like this over glossy / high processed / over dramatic / pop diva clichés shoots anytime. The thing is, I'm also quite confident everything I've listed as regards Remember you's covers wasn't really planned to feel that way and those aspects are due to a lack of engagement in a lot of aspects. But in the end it works as it is for me. If it wasn't for the expensive jewellery, the grand dress and the presidential suite, it could pass as an indie cover art. And no soft colors, no naive close ups with awkward expressions against a plain wall for our own sake.
Just quite sad with the heavy edit on her face (especially chin-neck) which badly contrasts with the noisy, amateurish quality of the photo remaining unedited. And she doesn't need it, like objectively, AT ALL. At least the edit is less obvious than Nonfiction's horrid one. And it's only really blatant on the TA cover.
And the font... really, there is so much I can say, placement, the never ending use of half opacity, the font in itself, its size... Like everything's wrong haha.

As regards the final setlist I'm quite happy I think. Even if she made... choices. Why a remix? Why not as a bonus track? Why there? Hoping for 2 interludes (ray of truth and taskinson) and no more. But I'm not sure about VIBEES. I fear we'll have a Sunrise / Sunset moment with (NOT)/ Remember you and would have gladly done without it. Hope I'm wrong. Can't wait to hear the new songs and hope she will keep on impress me like she did this year music wise. I don't want classic safe sounds, we already have a couple of them from 2020 to 2021.

The photobook cover looks hot. Same issue with the poor edit though. But the 8cm single photo crop and graphic design has to be a joke... It's less strange as a A4 size.
Old 23rd December 2022, 07:37 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

8cm single mock feature doesn't show up in mu-mo. Is it for Team Ayu only?

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 23rd December 2022, 07:42 PM
Initiate

I haven’t kept track. Is the photo book cover an original photo shoot or something from her concert?
Old 23rd December 2022, 08:45 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPL View Post
I haven’t kept track. Is the photo book cover an original photo shoot or something from her concert?
Original

Hey, the reason of this smile and the meaning of this word can't be understood
Because I don't even want to make them understood
— until that Day...

Old 23rd December 2022, 08:53 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Dang, the covers are really good. Usually she has at least one cover that is meh to me, but these are all so beautifully done.
I am disappointed there is a remix taking the place of a new track, and possibly several interludes here. I don't know. My hopes are kind of gone for this album working as a whole but I'll give it a fair shot. It just seems so uninspired.
Old 23rd December 2022, 09:00 PM
Because of You Initiate

I hope Just the Way You Are is not the cover song of Bruno Mars. Otherwise that'd be a fucking mess in her entire career history. 2 cover songs in an album???! She better to release A COVER and covers the songs she wants

Old 24th December 2022, 12:03 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Love the covers, she looks fantastic. I want to hear this album finally. She is giving me these vibes...

Old 24th December 2022, 12:32 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

I'm so disappointed with the tracklist
Old 24th December 2022, 02:08 AM
ayu trance Initiate

I think it was long overdue for our Majesty to descend from J-POP goddess heaven and return to us with an all new album! I'm going to tag my album with the CD only cover version

PS: The CD+2DVD+Goods cover, to me, appears to be somewhat reminiscent of the "M" PV... that one short bridal veil shot ^-^

Last edited by channy; 24th December 2022 at 02:13 AM.
Old 24th December 2022, 03:09 AM
Far away Initiate

The covers are fine and different from the usual close up shots. I just wish they utilized the location setting better.
Old 24th December 2022, 03:13 AM
too late Initiate

^^^ thank you , i thought that the title was kind of familiar, but i just couldn't remember from where.
Looking forward to the album's release.
Old 24th December 2022, 03:47 AM
LIMIT Initiate

What lovely covers! Love her classy look! I would totally get the team ayu special collection but as I'm not part of team ayu I pre-ordered the cd-only. January 25 can't come soon enough!
Old 24th December 2022, 06:28 AM
Because of You Initiate

It's funny that we talked about my name's WOMEN Panasonic CM here couple months ago and she comes up with this album cover. (We were talking about how different Panasonic and few other CM song version from the album version..)

It happens few times that we discussed certain things here and then few months after she comes up with something similar..

We know she is spying on us here.

Tags
just the way you are, ray of truth, remember you, vibees