『A BALLADS 2』on sale 2021.03.12 - Page 23 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 20th February 2021, 01:51 PM
SEASONS Initiate

The disappointment hit real hard lol I like the song choices, so glad they included fated. But I was expecting some details. I want covers and what actual content can we expect. Are we getting new version or not?? What the heck is the second DVD??? We need to know.
Old 20th February 2021, 01:52 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Best part of the reveal was the Mike Wazowski tribute

Spoiler:
Old 20th February 2021, 01:52 PM
LIMIT Initiate

Happy for JEWEL, Together When..., CAROLS, HEAVEN and fated. The other ones are not among my favourites but they were obvious choices!
Old 20th February 2021, 01:56 PM
SEASONS Initiate

So, it really is another live compilation on dvd/bd discs
Old 20th February 2021, 01:58 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post
The disappointment hit real hard lol I like the song choices, so glad they included fated. But I was expecting some details. I want covers and what actual content can we expect. Are we getting new version or not?? What the heck is the second DVD??? We need to know.
Ayu clearly wrote, they only show a few songs that will be part of A BALLADS 2. Nothing more. And the list is out right now, minutes before you wrote. Second DVD/Bluray will be with rare/not released live content.
https://avex.jp/ayu/discography/

Ayumi Hamasaki
[17/17] Albums [6/6] Minialbums [50/53] Singles

Old 20th February 2021, 01:58 PM
SEASONS Initiate

So no PoM8 or Trouble CDL on the extra DVD Okay, saving my money then.
Old 20th February 2021, 02:16 PM
SEASONS Initiate

I'm more worried that the partial tracklist doesn't say if we are getting new mixes, remixes, or new vocals ><
Old 20th February 2021, 02:19 PM
Far away Initiate

^ It's been stated since day 1 there won't be any of these
Old 20th February 2021, 02:20 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealLight View Post
^ It's been stated since day 1 there won't be any of these
no? They just didn't say it will be
Old 20th February 2021, 02:22 PM

This was disappointing. Also, I don't like the tracklist, it's boring. Especially Momentum, No way to say, Together when and Days have a very similar sound, same goes for Moon and fated. I only really care for Moments, Jewel, CAROLS and HEAVEN. Also, I won't spend money on a simple compilation.
It's sad that everybody in here is basically like "yeah I won't expect anything from this release" when we all know she has it in her to create something as amazing as the original A BALLADS. Back then she challenged avex when they were to release A BEST and made the most of it in the way they would let her. Now she is releasing something that falls short in every way when it comes to the original A BALLADS and is even more pointless than A BEST could have ever been, while being in a way more powerful position than her younger self. I know that she is capable of releasing great albums, even when they fall under best of/compilation, which is why I find this all the more disappointing.
Old 20th February 2021, 02:27 PM
SEASONS Initiate

^exactly this. There are more details to be known but if this ends up being how it is pointing out to be, it will be such an uninteresting release.
Old 20th February 2021, 02:27 PM
SURREAL Initiate

I'm really excited for the cover photos now, can't wait to see them!
Old 20th February 2021, 02:34 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

The dramatics... it's a best of album, which are aimed at the general public (even if she gets most of her sales from the fanbase) and somehow it feels like some people expect unreleased songs from the eras or some live in her living room in 2005 nobody knew existed or some sh*t.

If this was an original album i'd understand the disappointment but it's a compilation album and it's doing exactly that, compiling ballads and live performances.

Don't like it? Don't buy it. It's that easy.

I think we all had rather had a new album that we've been waiting for forever but it is what it is, can't do anything about it.

tumblr

Old 20th February 2021, 02:34 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
This was disappointing. Also, I don't like the tracklist, it's boring. Especially Momentum, No way to say, Together when and Days have a very similar sound, same goes for Moon and fated. I only really care for Moments, Jewel, CAROLS and HEAVEN. Also, I won't spend money on a simple compilation.
It's sad that everybody in here is basically like "yeah I won't expect anything from this release" when we all know she has it in her to create something as amazing as the original A BALLADS. Back then she challenged avex when they were to release A BEST and made the most of it in the way they would let her. Now she is releasing something that falls short in every way when it comes to the original A BALLADS and is even more pointless than A BEST could have ever been, while being in a way more powerful position than her younger self. I know that she is capable of releasing great albums, even when they fall under best of/compilation, which is why I find this all the more disappointing.
exactly - I'm also very disappointed. i won't have purchased any version anyways, but i also feel bad for those who wanted the 4 Disc set. It's a joke with everything she released. This is basically A SUMMER BEST as a Ballad.

Some people her don't realize that pushing for new mixes or alternate versions just means that it would make it feel like a worthy addition to her catalogue - releasing it this way makes a mockery of A BALLADS and tey could have simply waited for A BEST 3 and do this as a playlist.

I can only hope that it at least triggers the nostalgic feelings of some pople that were teens around 2003+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryusei View Post
The dramatics... it's a best of album, which are aimed at the general public (even if she gets most of her sales from the fanbase) and somehow it feels like some people expect unreleased songs from the eras or some live in her living room in 2005 nobody knew existed or some sh*t.

If this was an original album i'd understand the disappointment but it's a compilation album and it's doing exactly that, compiling ballads and live performances.

Don't like it? Don't buy it. It's that easy.

I think we all had rather had a new album that we've been waiting for forever but it is what it is, can't do anything about it.

that is not the point. I also don't think anyone wants a bunch of new songs. There is just zero effort put into this. Even the DVD contents does not make sense - those could have fitted on one.
I don't think it is asked to much if you want at least one or two fresh takes on something on this. As I said before, compilations like this aren't needed in todays streaming society. If you want money from people, you should make it worth as a company. Simply stating "just don't buy it then" doesn't help anyone. Releasing it this way also tarnishes fans expectations and views on an artist - and if it happens again and again it certainly won't help to keep them for more years.

edit: the argument just don't buy it" could also very easy be reversed as "just don't release it, if you don't offer anything new".

Last edited by thinkingoutloud89; 20th February 2021 at 02:39 PM.
Old 20th February 2021, 02:41 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

It would’ve been nice if it was a vote, considering that’s how a ballads track list was originally selected.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 20th February 2021, 02:42 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryusei View Post
This
Old 20th February 2021, 02:42 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^I don't think the outcome would have been much different tho XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealLight View Post
This
still not helping. if you say "just don't buy it" everytime to her fanbase she wouldn't even have one and there would be no songs to but on lazy playlist in CD form. It's a stupid argument from the get go.

Last edited by thinkingoutloud89; 20th February 2021 at 02:44 PM.
Old 20th February 2021, 02:45 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Repeating some of the DVD content from the BEST LIVE BOX is a yikes. I won't be buying this, I hope those that do enjoy the content either way.
Old 20th February 2021, 02:49 PM
July 1st Initiate

okay so that happened!

the songs included are not at all surprising. like some of you pointed out—she never really announced any new mixes, so, yeah. it's very likely that it's going to be an A SUMMER BEST-style track list of her most popular ballads (i.e. all original mixes), with Pray for you as the last song of DISC 2. I do find it uninspired if BOTH of the DVDs/BluRays would only consist of live performances though—then again, I don't know what I was expecting, either.

I've lost all of my initial overexcitement for this release I'm happy for people who are anticipating this album, and I sincerely hope Pray for you doesn't turn out to be the filler song its instrumental sounds to be!

Last edited by Deep snow; 20th February 2021 at 02:51 PM.
Old 20th February 2021, 02:51 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
^I don't think the outcome would have been much different tho XD

still not helping. if you say "just don't buy it" everytime to her fanbase she wouldn't even have one and there would be no songs to but on lazy playlist in CD form. It's a stupid argument from the get go.

Why you quoting me with this if I didn't agree with that part of his comment?
Closed Thread

Tags
a ballads 2