[Utada Hikaru] ʕ•̫͡•ʔ The Wild Wolves Howl in the 56th thread ʕ•̫͡•ʔ - Page 19 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 3rd October 2017, 02:26 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^Well, if you career lasts long enough, people will say that kind of stuff no matter what.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 4th October 2017, 12:22 PM
Two of us Initiate

Like, I don't want her to go back to her older stuff, I just want her to release more uptemo stuff. "Michi" was uptempo enough for me, and I would love for her to keep doing more of that.
Old 13th October 2017, 12:35 PM
Curtain call Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtka-chan View Post
It would be sad if everytime she puts out new music everyone starts complaining again about her sound not resembling the old stuff...
Exactly and if she were to release her similar sounding music everyone would complain about that too, they would say that all of her music sounds the same.
She can never win.

I’m just glad that she’s back!
Old 17th October 2017, 02:19 PM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Nothing related to hikki for this post (since we're still waiting for Anata's release, which is in December...).

But I'm glad to come back and chat with you guys again... . I thought AHS would be down forever this time . Have been around for these many years and I don't want to leave at all...
Old 20th October 2017, 02:48 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Being innovative and pushing boundaries doesn't mean she has to sound like her old stuff, but even so, much of her older stuff was ahead of its time. I find her current output (at least her single choices) to be very safe. Safe isn't bad, but it doesn't excite me.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 20th October 2017, 02:53 AM

Does the general public in Japan like her recent singles (the ones that were released this year)?
Old 21st October 2017, 05:22 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
Being innovative and pushing boundaries doesn't mean she has to sound like her old stuff, but even so, much of her older stuff was ahead of its time. I find her current output (at least her single choices) to be very safe. Safe isn't bad, but it doesn't excite me.
I get the same feeling. even though I liked everything she has released so far, anata is the one I'm looking forward the most. Forevermore sounded like she was going for something not as safe, but in the end I found it to be safe as well. The MV is on another level, though, not safe at all for her standards imho. I guess most of you put anata in the same level of her previous two releases after fantome, but I don't know... it sounds different to me? uahuhua
Old 21st October 2017, 05:35 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Well, she stayed away for years, so, it's natural she comes back safer so she can regain her public.

But it doesn't excite me either. Fantome is good, but it's also Hikki's album I listened the less

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 21st October 2017, 10:43 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Apart from 忘却, which I completely ignore, Fantôme has been one of her most listened to me hahaha I really really liked it
Old 22nd October 2017, 10:45 PM
appears Initiate

I take it people want another traveling? I'm down for that. But I also love how everything she's releasing is soooo... Utada. They're just signature Utada. Anata reminds me a little of Dareka no negai ga kanau koro. I'm a huge fan of Utada from DEEP RIVER forward, but my absolute favorite Utada album is still ULTRA BLUE. I mean, my phone is named Ultra Orchid. My PC is named Ultraviolence. My hard drives are named Ultra White and Ultra Blue. My email address has been heart.station for ~10 years now. I love the DEEP RIVER > ULTRA BLUE > HEART STATION era so much.

I'd love Utada to fill out the production a bit more but I'm just thrilled that her music is really building on a lot of maturity and confidence. I'm glad Utada isn't like, "Hey y'all! I'm doing a hip hop album where every song is about how wet my vagina is. And it's my most personal record to date. And I'm baring my soul on this, and the first single is, 'Sexy Texts', and it's about you know, how your man don't text you back and you know it's over and then he does text you and then you like back together but you know he be like playin' games witchu b'cuz he aint text u back lyke as soon as u txt him. and i put my heart into this... #bringbackourgirls" And then you play the song and the lyrics are like, "His tongue lick my ovaries/o- o- o- o- ovaries / His pretty pony~pretty pony~pretty pony~pretty pony~ up in my uteries / u- u- u- u- uteries..." And then people start calling it a uterie, and then there's the hashtags, and she be all over IG talking about how she's in Dubai rollin' them papers.

Our girl makes music for adults, and she posts people's left behind shoes on her Twitter account. So, I'm just glad we have this weirdo pop star who's still amazing.

-> <-
Old 23rd October 2017, 12:45 PM

I just can't imagine what our faces would look like if hikki releases a song about a guy licking her o-o-o-...

I don't have any specific want from hikki, probably because I trust that her music can't be bad. Of course I'm quite surprised the direction she goes this year, but I have faith that her next album will be as good as, let's say, HEART STATION at least (and I like HS more than UB...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Well, she stayed away for years, so, it's natural she comes back safer so she can regain her public.

But it doesn't excite me either. Fantome is good, but it's also Hikki's album I listened the less
I actually can't decide whether Fantôme or DEEP RIVER is the best album. Probably I would pick DR for sentimental reasons, but Fantôme should be really close. And I don't think Fantôme is "safe". (Hmmmn how should I say...) Before Fantôme, all of her albums were not about herself. She mostly wrote lyrics in someone else's (or a third person's) perspective instead of her own self. Through Fantôme I can actually see part of her "true" emotion (about her mother's death, what her life is after that incident, and her vulnerable feelings towards her late mom). Also, I really appreciate her vocals in this album. I think her hiatus is pretty worth it (even though we all suffered from absent hikki's songs for the past 6 years (except Sakura Nagashi).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baco__ View Post
I get the same feeling. even though I liked everything she has released so far, anata is the one I'm looking forward the most. Forevermore sounded like she was going for something not as safe, but in the end I found it to be safe as well. The MV is on another level, though, not safe at all for her standards imho. I guess most of you put anata in the same level of her previous two releases after fantome, but I don't know... it sounds different to me? uahuhua
I do think Anata will be more dynamic than Forevernore, which (I agree that) sounded unsafe, but yet another safe release after Oozora.

Last edited by bluegie; 24th October 2017 at 02:54 AM.
Old 24th October 2017, 12:02 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Sexy Texts lmao

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 28th October 2017, 10:09 PM
CAROLS Initiate

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ1LSmpF...-by=kuma_power
Old 3rd November 2017, 02:14 PM
CAROLS Initiate

Just updated the 1st post, I love anata's cover
Old 15th November 2017, 03:31 PM
End roll Initiate

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbK6w0wA4D2/

Looks like we might be getting something very soon! New album potentially?
Old 15th November 2017, 03:35 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post
I just can't imagine what our faces would look like if hikki releases a song about a guy licking her o-o-o-...
Well, during 9 to 5, she's thinking 6 and 9....
Old 16th November 2017, 07:52 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by relmy View Post
Well, during 9 to 5, she's thinking 6 and 9....
Oh, that's right. Totally forgot Utada is already a pervert. lol Anyway, carry on

-> <-
Old 17th November 2017, 12:59 AM
CAROLS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akutenshi View Post
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbK6w0wA4D2/

Looks like we might be getting something very soon! New album potentially?
she looks so pretty in the photo I hope we get a new album next year
Old 21st November 2017, 11:08 PM
End roll Initiate

Those in the US:

Fantôme is now available to stream on Spotify! Unlike her english material (which is under simply Utada), Fantôme is under "Hikaru Utada"
Old 22nd November 2017, 01:16 PM
Trauma Initiate

^I think it's just for US, right? Tried to find here in Brazil and wasn't lucky.

Closed Thread

Tags
hikki, hikki stans, jpop queen, utada hikaru