[A] [Photos] Magnificent advertising campaign in Tokyo - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Images

Notices

Old 4th January 2010, 11:28 PM
Initiate

thankz for the pictures
Old 5th January 2010, 01:28 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissElin_ View Post
Lol these pics are really missleading.

Like half of them are from Yoyogi Stadium with all the ayupans and everything (the trucks stood there for two days, same trucks on diffrent pics) and the rest are in the small Ayu corners in cdstores or from the collaboration that we all already knew about. I was in Tokyo when they released GUILTY and that was HUUUUUGE promotion. You saw her everywhere really! It was mindblowing. This year Im living in Tokyo and I dont see that much promotion at all. Namie still have bigger promotion in the CDstores and to count with billborads then Ayu and she even released before Ayu... The only thing that Ayu got good promotion in is during the two days of CDL when Yoyogi Stadium was all Ayu and the collaboration was on. Rest then those two days...? Not so much. Ive seen like two billboards, quite hidden.

So I was about to write here about how I wished Avex out more promotion to this single that they have done actually...
You said everything I think. The promotion is veeeeeeeeery weak. Seriously it's not a real promotion for me.
Even in the music shop there are/was not big advertising panels or things like that.
A lot of my friends did not know about Ayu's new single...
Old 5th January 2010, 01:59 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissElin_ View Post
Lol these pics are really missleading.

Like half of them are from Yoyogi Stadium with all the ayupans and everything (the trucks stood there for two days, same trucks on diffrent pics) and the rest are in the small Ayu corners in cdstores or from the collaboration that we all already knew about. I was in Tokyo when they released GUILTY and that was HUUUUUGE promotion. You saw her everywhere really! It was mindblowing. This year Im living in Tokyo and I dont see that much promotion at all. Namie still have bigger promotion in the CDstores and to count with billborads then Ayu and she even released before Ayu... The only thing that Ayu got good promotion in is during the two days of CDL when Yoyogi Stadium was all Ayu and the collaboration was on. Rest then those two days...? Not so much. Ive seen like two billboards, quite hidden.

So I was about to write here about how I wished Avex out more promotion to this single that they have done actually...
aw that's kinda sad.
I don't know why about that poorly promotion D: but the cardboard Ayupans are really cute btw lol

Old 5th January 2010, 04:23 AM
sending mail Initiate

I wish they would have saved this much promo for her next album.

Old 5th January 2010, 04:45 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Omg! many A xD
lol.. I love ayupan
Old 5th January 2010, 04:49 AM
walking proud Initiate

Even if the promotion isn't massive though, it's at least decent I would say due to all the year end show performances. It certainly is getting more promo than R/S and Next Level at least.
Old 5th January 2010, 05:41 AM
Rule Protector

Yea I'd say it gets really decent promotion for a single of hers. It was understandable that GUILTY got heavier promotion, for one thing it's an album and they were probably also trying to maintain her #1 streak.
Old 5th January 2010, 09:04 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

I love it!

It would be so awesome to see those kinds of things where I live....thanks for sharing them

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 5th January 2010, 10:13 AM
Replace Initiate

OMG WELL AREN'T THEY GREAT?
Old 5th January 2010, 12:10 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagami Raito View Post
You said everything I think. The promotion is veeeeeeeeery weak. Seriously it's not a real promotion for me.
Even in the music shop there are/was not big advertising panels or things like that.
A lot of my friends did not know about Ayu's new single...
I totally agree. Don't let a few pictures of billboards mislead you. Promotion is very weak. Just take the number of magazine covers for instance. 3? That's so pathetic. And out of the 3, 2 of them (Scawaii and Sweet) are coming out AFTER the single was released. Namie and Fukuyama Masaharu have been on at least 10-15 magazine covers in the past 2 months.
Old 6th January 2010, 01:37 AM
Prologue Initiate

Holy dang, they were not kidding about the massive advertising! I wonder how much money it cost, especially to ask to change the lettering of something things for Ayu's logo!
I do like the Ayupan drawings though! They are always so cute!
Old 6th January 2010, 06:03 AM
TO BE Initiate

woop I saw most of that stuff when I was in Tokyo! I saw the truck things! But yeah, apart from the cdl collaboration stuff for the 2 days, there wasnt really much promotion
Old 11th January 2010, 04:14 PM
Initiate

thanks for the pics
Old 11th January 2010, 07:54 PM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenteadrinker View Post
I totally agree. Don't let a few pictures of billboards mislead you. Promotion is very weak. Just take the number of magazine covers for instance. 3? That's so pathetic. And out of the 3, 2 of them (Scawaii and Sweet) are coming out AFTER the single was released. Namie and Fukuyama Masaharu have been on at least 10-15 magazine covers in the past 2 months.
it's so crazy how in Asia, thats the norm.

Here, if a celebrity was on 3 magazine covers, it would be amazing. 10-15 like within such little time? Insanity lol

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 16th January 2010, 04:42 AM
appears Initiate

Thanks for the pics!!
Old 16th January 2010, 04:56 AM
ever free Initiate

OMG!!! This is huge!!!!

Thanks for posting!!!
Old 16th January 2010, 06:01 AM
As if.. Initiate

wowzA with all the "A" changes
Old 16th January 2010, 06:28 AM
walking proud Initiate

Wow O.O! That IS really impressive! Go Ayu!
Old 16th January 2010, 08:56 AM
July 1st Initiate

What MissElin said is true. I live in Tokyo and I've only seen a couple of billboards, much less the ayu trucks driving around blasting music.

Those store names with the A logo are not for You Were.../BALLAD promotion I think. It's just a collaboration for CDL, lasting only 2 short days, 30th and 31st. During those days, the 5 stores in collaboration will change their names to include the A logo, and sell special T-shirts with the store name on it.

Why anyone would want a plain white shirt which says "Tokyu Hands" on it, even with the changed A logo, I don't know. Lol!

Anyway, those who visit all 5 stores and collect 5 stickers can enter a lucky draw during CDL, which entitles them to win a special mug or mini-towel.

Just my opinion, but I feel that the event was just a massive effort to drain money from fans. You run around downtown, pay close to $100 to get 5 shirts, and the reward is just a cup.

Visit: Misa-chan’s J-pop blog ♪

Old 16th January 2010, 09:09 AM
And Then Initiate

honestly... if there's such little promo i wonder how much emphasis there actually was on maintaining her streak. of course i'm sure there was promo, but maybe since they moved the date they felt it wasn't necessary? well maybe now we can live in a bubble and say "NO WONDER IT DIDN'T SELL LIKE DAYS! NO ONE KNEW! OF COURSE, DON'T WORRY NEXT TIME AYU~~!"
LOL?

Tags
promotion, tokyo, you were.../ballad