TA LIMITED LIVE TOUR 2016 ~II~ - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 24th October 2016, 10:05 PM
Lelio Protector

I went to the 19th show at the Odaiba Diver city Zepp and I have to say that ayu was amazing. Just got back from Japan yesterday so I didn't have a chance to say anything.
I still can't believe I saw her and it was so spontaneous. lol.

Anyway I didn't expect her to sound so good live. I was one of the people that thought that her vocals started to become tired from all the touring, and thus expected her to not sing well in some songs, but how I was surprised, she sang really well and was on point 95% of the show (if not more), I was amazed.

The first thing I thought is that she is so tiny, and when she stood near Timmy she looked so small, lol. She had good energy and I was surprised at some of the songs that popped up since I didn't see this tour's setlist yet!
Anyway I thought that the live, at least on that day, was great and really fun to attend to, I wish I could be on the 1st floor though but can't complain since I got a ticket like 30 mins before the show .

Vocally she was amazing that I swear that even people who hate her vocals nowadays would be proud of her. Just saying. She had really good (vocals) day on the 19th.

Last edited by ayumisrael; 24th October 2016 at 10:08 PM.
Old 24th October 2016, 11:59 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio/Tayumi View Post
I'm not the biggest fan of the TA shirts tbh but the rest is quite good! I love the one that she uses for We are the QUEENS ~ Real Me section (it is from that section right? Cuz of the head microphone). I know it's the from Music Station and in another colours from a-nation fes. / FEVER. That white dress hmm... From what I see it looks odd the way it suits Ayu and with her chest but that probably just looks the way on photos... As we know photos often don't do their full justice.

Btw I have a question to those who were there!!! Is the second pic from the left in the last row (2nd collage) another WatQ ~ Real Me outfit or does she just put the "top" off between some songs?
Youre referring to the pic with the black bra with a meshtop over it, right? she wore that from We are the queens up to when she disappeared for Jump.

I too am amazed that someone managed to take such good pics in that kind of venue. The employees and security are like hawks I swear.
Old 25th October 2016, 12:29 AM
ayu trance Initiate

^ Aren't those official pictures? I don't think it's fanmade or someone took this without anyone noticing. As far as I know, it's official pictures for the press and they sell them outside the venue. Correct me if I'm wrong.

@ayumisrael So glad to read your report! <3 Thanks for sharing. I was impressed with her height too lol

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 25th October 2016, 01:09 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
Youre referring to the pic with the black bra with a meshtop over it, right? she wore that from We are the queens up to when she disappeared for Jump.

I too am amazed that someone managed to take such good pics in that kind of venue. The employees and security are like hawks I swear.
Ah, thanks but when does she wear the "dress"?

Old 25th October 2016, 01:21 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedronekoi View Post
^ Aren't those official pictures? I don't think it's fanmade or someone took this without anyone noticing. As far as I know, it's official pictures for the press and they sell them outside the venue. Correct me if I'm wrong.
The pictures sold on YAJ or at carts outside the venue are usually unofficial and taken from the audience. Unsure how they do it all the time for J-artists (not just Ayu) without getting caught though.
Old 25th October 2016, 02:05 AM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio/Tayumi View Post
Ah, thanks but when does she wear the "dress"?
The dress was for the acoustic bit. I think the dress in the picture is a little different from the one for the Osaka shows I attended. It didnt have a belt, and I dont think it had a tube top. Sorry, I was too busy staring at her shoes lol. Her hair is also styled better in the picture.
Old 25th October 2016, 04:00 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
The dress was for the acoustic bit. I think the dress in the picture is a little different from the one for the Osaka shows I attended. It didnt have a belt, and I dont think it had a tube top. Sorry, I was too busy staring at her shoes lol. Her hair is also styled better in the picture.
Oh, thank you but I meant the MS "bodysuit". I think it's more a bodysuit but I used "dress" even though that doesn't really fit it I think, does it? I see, I still have to improve a lot on my English! Still, thanks though!

EDIT: I obviously was blind! The outfit I was talking about is the WATQ one... The MS outfit wasn't even used...

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 13th July 2017 at 06:27 AM.
Old 25th October 2016, 05:06 AM
starting over Initiate

I don't like the first sample ayu looks like the hulk. The other two are amazing!!
Old 25th October 2016, 07:14 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
Vocally she was amazing that I swear that even people who hate her vocals nowadays would be proud of her. Just saying. She had really good (vocals) day on the 19th.
Sorry, but I'm very sceptical here. We have a recording of another Osaka show and she sounded really bad. I highly doubt that she could sound amazing few days later.
Did she just suddenly stop shouting?
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~ (11.05, 12.05 (Yokohama), 15.05, 16.05 (Osaka)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2013-2014 A (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2014-2015 A, Cirque de Minuit (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
ARENA TOUR 2015 Cirque de Minuit ~真夜中のサーカス~(11.04, 12.04 Saitama)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2015-2016 A ~MADE IN TOKYO~ (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』(29.12, 30.12)
Old 25th October 2016, 08:09 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
Sorry, but I'm very sceptical here. We have a recording of another Osaka show and she sounded really bad. I highly doubt that she could sound amazing few days later.
Did she just suddenly stop shouting?
To be honest what Tal described was exactly how I and a few of my friends felt when we've seen her live the first time. I still feel that way after attending 6 concerts. She does shout sometimes in certain songs, but it's not like she shouts in every single song. She also tends to shout when the music is extremely loud. It's not as bad as you are constantly trying to make it seem. My boyfriend attended one of the CDM dates with me and he said that he was pleasantly surprised and not just visually as he expected a lot in that department, but he said that vocally, considering the way she sings which isn't that conventional for western singers (as he doesn't listen to jpop), she sounds really good. There is also the fact that you are there and even when she shouts she sounds 10 x more powerful than on any recordings. The atmosphere gets you. I still think that live she does sound really good

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 25th October 2016 at 08:16 AM.
Old 25th October 2016, 01:13 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

TA LIMITED LIVE TOUR 2016
Nagoya day2 20161025

00 miccie - (new song)
01 We are the QUEENS
02 1LOVE
03 Real me
MC
04 STEP you
05 Jump!

MC
06 Curtain call (piano ver.)
07 SEASONS (acoustic ver.)
08 Key (acapella ver.)

- Lost Memories 2016 -

09 Tell All
10 progress
11 The Show Must Go On
12 TODAY

Encore
MC
13 evolution
14 Boys & Girls
15 NOW & 4EVA

Double Encore
16 RED LINE ~for TA~

Last edited by junshen; 25th October 2016 at 01:16 PM.
Old 25th October 2016, 01:25 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
To be honest what Tal described was exactly how I and a few of my friends felt when we've seen her live the first time. I still feel that way after attending 6 concerts. She does shout sometimes in certain songs, but it's not like she shouts in every single song. She also tends to shout when the music is extremely loud. It's not as bad as you are constantly trying to make it seem. My boyfriend attended one of the CDM dates with me and he said that he was pleasantly surprised and not just visually as he expected a lot in that department, but he said that vocally, considering the way she sings which isn't that conventional for western singers (as he doesn't listen to jpop), she sounds really good. There is also the fact that you are there and even when she shouts she sounds 10 x more powerful than on any recordings. The atmosphere gets you. I still think that live she does sound really good
I guess being there's always a different thing!!!

Btw I pray for Pray or Return Road at the recording date!!! When she replaced Pray with Days I just wanted Days to not exist anymore *hides*

Old 25th October 2016, 02:30 PM
Love song H-Initiate

oh, RED LINE. Wonder why she didn't sing it everytime. This song is so ~for TA~
Old 25th October 2016, 04:58 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

http://avex.jp/ayu/news/detail.php?id=1042142

DAY3 NAGOYA CANCELLED!

SHE NOT FEELING WELL WITH HER THROAT
Old 25th October 2016, 05:01 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by junshen View Post
http://avex.jp/ayu/news/detail.php?id=1042142

DAY3 NAGOYA CANCELLED!

SHE NOT FEELING WELL WITH HER THROAT
Oh, that means she "finally" overstrained her vocals I think...

Old 25th October 2016, 05:05 PM
Far away Initiate

"After I had doctor's medical examination after the performance on Tuesday, October 25, it was a check result as acute bronchitis and an acute throat head flame."

Hey, the reason of this smile and the meaning of this word can't be understood
Because I don't even want to make them understood
— until that Day...

Old 25th October 2016, 05:13 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Poor Ayu. She been a victim of her working obsession again. Hope she'll take care of her and get some rest...

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 25th October 2016, 05:45 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
This. I did not imply she was perfect and all songs sounded vocally flawless, but I would have to lie if I would say she wasn't vocally great during most of that concert. Even more than great.

People can be skeptical but if you weren't there you can't judge, unlike people who were actually there.
And you just cannot compare recordings with actually hearing it live, but yeah I have to admit that because of such recordings I was afraid that she would be not so vocally good live, but I was surprised for the better.
Old 25th October 2016, 06:08 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Poor ayu hope she can have a good rest before continuing.

Actually I think ayu sounded better for Osaka first day than the third one- music was rather loud most of the time. when the music wasn't screaming, she sounded so much better since she didn't have to fight with the music. Best moments were acoustic versions!

sig - me

LJ | LastFM | LJ icons | Blog

Old 25th October 2016, 06:48 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
This. I did not imply she was perfect and all songs sounded vocally flawless, but I would have to lie if I would say she wasn't vocally great during most of that concert. Even more than great.

People can be skeptical but if you weren't there you can't judge, unlike people who were actually there.
And you just cannot compare recordings with actually hearing it live, but yeah I have to admit that because of such recordings I was afraid that she would be not so vocally good live, but I was surprised for the better.
I will also back this up. After A+Nation last year (2015), I was really worried about going to the 2015 TA Tour. And then I was blown away. I'll even dare say she overall did a better job than when I saw her at CDL 04-05 when she had a "better" voice.

But even with that CDL -- I thought the live I went to was better than what was broadcast. It's certainly true that the acoustics of a venue are also extremely important. But to anyone that wants to criticize, all of the mixing is optimized for the people who are actually in the venue. Any release by any artist is going to be re-mixed before officially being released, and a camera is not going to capture the audio levels properly. You need to be pulling directly from the mixing board controls for that, which live broadcast and cellphone recordings are never going to do.

Does Ayu have a perfect voice? No, we all know that. Do I wish she could struggle less with staying on key and hitting the right notes? Sure. But almost no artist has the same voice 20 years into the game as when they started, if they're even lucky enough to still be singing. Her vocals can be hit or miss at times, but she can 100% still hit them.

Tags
limited teamayu live 2016, ta limited live tour 2016, teamayu