Discussion: Ayu Critique - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 28th April 2021, 05:11 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabieru View Post
For God's sake, do you read what you write? You literally wrote:

"Does she really not hear herself well, since she can't hear in one ear, and she has started to lose her hearing in the other ear, so she can't hear how horrible she sounds, or is there no one who wants to tell her that this sounds very bad. Or does she hear herself but she doesn't care? I don't know. But it is impossible to listen to this song with enjoyment. "

THAT'S DISRESPECTFUL. Not only for Ayu herself (I repeat, a half deaf person) but all the people who can enjoy the song. It's far to only say "This is really bad". Some users nicely call you that your forms maybe are not the right ones and you, instead of thinking that maybe they are right, are only being defensive and telling people that they are too sensitive and can just block you. But if I said directly that you should shut up, you are the offended and I'm the rude one. That's funny
MTE. Like wow, the lack of empathy is unreal.

What's funny is that a lot of you say these "negative opinions" over and over again for literal years abt a sick woman every single chance y'all get, while knowing her current condition and as to why she sounds like how she is right now. When someone throws that same energy back at y'all then all of a sudden claim it's an unhealthy discussion, play the victim and make other fans who are defensive about her look like the bad guy.

Just because y'all buy her stuff, doesn't mean y'all are excused to say something so disrespectful.

Y'all preach so much about being able to freely express an opinion, but turn that as an excuse and act coy when other ppl state their opinions about your opinion. And no, I don't block because I want you to see what I think about your opinion. Some ppl on here may don't mind, but there will be ppl who will take offense as well, and if you can bring that negative same energy to the table then you should be able to take that as well

praying for your souls

Last edited by rikku1994; 28th April 2021 at 05:16 PM.
Old 28th April 2021, 06:17 PM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabieru View Post
For God's sake, do you read what you write? You literally wrote:

"Does she really not hear herself well, since she can't hear in one ear, and she has started to lose her hearing in the other ear, so she can't hear how horrible she sounds, or is there no one who wants to tell her that this sounds very bad. Or does she hear herself but she doesn't care? I don't know. But it is impossible to listen to this song with enjoyment. "

THAT'S DISRESPECTFUL. Not only for Ayu herself (I repeat, a half deaf person) but all the people who can enjoy the song. It's far to only say "This is really bad". Some users nicely call you that your forms maybe are not the right ones and you, instead of thinking that maybe they are right, are only being defensive and telling people that they are too sensitive and can just block you. But if I said directly that you should shut up, you are the offended and I'm the rude one. That's funny
Girl, I don't talk to rude people. Bye!
Old 28th April 2021, 08:39 PM
Love song H-Initiate

I don't get all the hate to KittyKathy posts at this thread. I can understand them, but not the reaction. Please explain

As for half deaf ayu, if she learned how to sing she will be able to sing even completely deaf.
Old 28th April 2021, 09:07 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
I don't get all the hate to KittyKathy posts at this thread. I can understand them, but not the reaction. Please explain

As for half deaf ayu, if she learned how to sing she will be able to sing even completely deaf.
That most likely wouldn't be true for a performance where she is not just there stanting still. Otherwhise, more capable singers than Ayu wouldn't need an audio return phone while singing.

Even if she actually sing amazingly well while standing still and concentrated on her sing, she would also be bashed for being boring on stage. Actually, this already happened on the past.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 28th April 2021, 11:22 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.X. View Post
Gosh guys take a breath and a cup of tea (or coffee). Everyone have an opinion good or bad that’s it. Some fans are frustrated, some of them really happy about new material and other don’t care. And so what? That’s life ! Personnaly I lovvee early ayu (and I know this age is over) and now I think her work is ok but not reaally awesome but this is Ayu. I love her, I wait patiently for new material with the secret hope one of them will be awesome. This is my opinion. Ayu is such a legend I understand some of you are not very happy about how turn her voice, arrangement and her damned new album. But the most important thing is all of us in this forum we love ayu. That’s it !
Totally agree with you! Even though I don't like the song, it doesn't mean I hate her. Honestly even though I don't like some of her releases (I repeat, some), and I'm not passionate as I was before, I can still say that she's still my most favorite artist up to now. I love her because of her works. Whenever there's new release or news about her, I go straight here because I want to know other fans' opinions. I love this forum even though we have different opinions'. (I don't know if I'm making sense now) ��

Edit: I just realized that this is another thread. I don't get why my first comment was moved here when it's about her song 23rd monster. Does it mean I cannot comment to her new songs that I don't like in the thread and just go directly here? Maybe "hate" was a strong word but then it just made me think. I'm not here for debate or something.

rusuke's music Livejournal /// rusuke's music blogspot

Ayumi Hamasaki is my Right wing and GACKT is my Left wing

Loving AYU ~15th AYU-versary~(2002.02.02)

Last edited by rusuke; 28th April 2021 at 11:57 PM.
Old 29th April 2021, 12:09 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.X. View Post
Gosh guys take a breath and a cup of tea (or coffee). Everyone have an opinion good or bad that’s it. Some fans are frustrated, some of them really happy about new material and other don’t care. And so what? That’s life ! Personnaly I lovvee early ayu (and I know this age is over) and now I think her work is ok but not reaally awesome but this is Ayu. I love her, I wait patiently for new material with the secret hope one of them will be awesome. This is my opinion. Ayu is such a legend I understand some of you are not very happy about how turn her voice, arrangement and her damned new album. But the most important thing is all of us in this forum we love ayu. That’s it !
Agreed. The fact we even have such debates is a sign that we all still very much care about Ayu and are willing to spend our precious time to discuss about her.
Old 29th April 2021, 12:19 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusuke View Post
Edit: I just realized that this is another thread. I don't get why my first comment was moved here when it's about her song 23rd monster. Does it mean I cannot comment to her new songs that I don't like in the thread and just go directly here? Maybe "hate" was a strong word but then it just made me think. I'm not here for debate or something.
I put this into my original comment when I moved it, but I'll repost: "Since this is getting more and more engagement though, I'll be moving this discussion to a new thread so people can still discuss it if they want while not burying any fan commentary on 23rd Monster. Me moving this is not saying that critique was originally inappropriate for the news thread, but for this one to make sense, the entire conversation has been moved for ease of understanding."

Your post was absolutely fine and wasn't specifically bad, it just happened to spark a larger discussion that needed its own space. I hope this makes sense.
Old 29th April 2021, 12:34 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by koumori View Post

I put this into my original comment when I moved it, but I'll repost: "Since this is getting more and more engagement though, I'll be moving this discussion to a new thread so people can still discuss it if they want while not burying any fan commentary on 23rd Monster. Me moving this is not saying that critique was originally inappropriate for the news thread, but for this one to make sense, the entire conversation has been moved for ease of understanding."

Your post was absolutely fine and wasn't specifically bad, it just happened to spark a larger discussion that needed its own space. I hope this makes sense.
Thank you for clarifying. I don't know but I'm having anxious feelings as to why it was moved. 😁

rusuke's music Livejournal /// rusuke's music blogspot

Ayumi Hamasaki is my Right wing and GACKT is my Left wing

Loving AYU ~15th AYU-versary~(2002.02.02)

Old 29th April 2021, 12:42 AM
Because of You Initiate

Jesus, i haven't been on here for a few weeks and... What the hell happened? lol

Everyone is taking things WAY too seriously. O_O
Do people really dwell on this stuff?
I personally come here, get my first impressions out and move on, unless someone engages in a conversation, and even then, sometimes i can't even be bothered to respond lol

There's always someone complaining about someone complaining, someone complaining about people not complaining...like, 'c'mmon. lol This is ridiculous.

Most of the stuff is just petty things, individual opinions. It's not THAT often that people get into ACTUAL debates over stuff, like serious debates. The closes of it i've seen is usually just arguing over the wording of things. But it's so rare that someone just doesn't process what they say to the point where it literally sounds like an insult to Ayu or someone else... None's debating Ayu's work over here, it's just another argument on how someone didn't cherry picked their words lol You guys are failing lol

Debating opinions about music taste is pretty useless, you won't get anywhere with it lol People get too worked up on them. Does someone else saying they don't like something will impact how you love it? NO, so.... I don't like a lot of the classics that majority adores, and listen to a lot of stuff that others think is megh, does that mean it will make any difference in what i enjoy and what i don't? NOPE. So why does it matter? I'm not sure why some take other people's opinions as a personal attack.

I've said it before and i'll say it again. We can bark as much as we want about her work at the end of the day she's gonna do what she feels the right for her and there's nothing you can do about it. As soon as you realise that, it's like "ah, well...moving on!" lol

Last edited by BlackSilence; 29th April 2021 at 12:45 AM.
Old 25th May 2021, 04:01 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by koumori View Post

My post was more "If you're not going to engage with the song on a deeper level than comparing her vocals to older songs constantly, why are you here?" It... was a genuine question. People are commenting on Ayu's new songs and saying she used to be better as if it's a choice she is making despite her literally telling us it isn't. Again, critiquing and comparing isn't the issue, but the tone that is had constantly on this subject is exhausting to engage with, and as I've said before - a forum only works if people actually write their posts in a way that invites conversation.

Should I just make a general critique thread? Is separating people into being able to seek out critique or vent rather than feel like the news thread is the best place for it the best thing to do? Maybe it would stop both sides being so exhausted and feeling forced to talk to each other.
Since when "engaging on a deep level" is a requirement? I liked the song, didn't like the vocals. That's why I said (unfortunately) this song won't be as iconic for me as some of the past songs in a similar genre (genre that I love). Your reply hurt me and made me leave the forum for month. So you can see how you invited conversation. Despite coming up with critique thread I still feel that honest opinions if they aren't praise are not welcome here.
If you can't tolerate comparisons with old Ayu despite appropriate contexts maybe it's your personal issue. And nobody was forcing you to talk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
I remember back in the day I got constantly attacked because I would point out that she was lip synching at various points -- which is now commonly accepted as fact -- and was crucified for it because no one wanted to believe back then that she would do such a thing.
I received so much hate for this. I was called obsessed, told that I had too much free time on my hands and other unpleasant things just because I was interested in that technical aspect of her shows (how much she sings live) and made comparisons based on recordings of multiple dates. Like it's OK to discuss her stage costumes and whatnot, but god forbid if you claim that she lipsynced here and there, no, she would never-ever do something like that!

As for being used to her new voice and her health issues: you know, years ago she said herself that will keep singing like a pro without making excuses; her vocals are inconsistent, she can do good now and then she can do bad next time, you never know for sure what you are going to get, so I'm not sure how exactly you can get used to that if her voice and singing style changes all the time. Like Dreamed a dream and 23rd Monster are both new releases, but sung differently.

Last edited by Chris85; 25th May 2021 at 04:51 AM.
Old 25th May 2021, 09:59 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
Since when "engaging on a deep level" is a requirement? I liked the song, didn't like the vocals. That's why I said (unfortunately) this song won't be as iconic for me as some of the past songs in a similar genre (genre that I love). Your reply hurt me and made me leave the forum for month. So you can see how you invited conversation. Despite coming up with critique thread I still feel that honest opinions if they aren't praise are not welcome here.
If you can't tolerate comparisons with old Ayu despite appropriate contexts maybe it's your personal issue. And nobody was forcing you to talk.
You're still allowed to say those comments, as you can see from people still saying it in this thread. As I said in the original forum announcement, I acknowledge that people are using the forum for all kinds of different conversations and lumping them all into one thread just isn't working these days, and it isn't a question of just "learning to ignore each other". That just doesn't work.

I apologise that my original post addressing your critique of the song caused you to want to leave the community, although I didn't think my words were harsh at all. I was genuinely curious about what the answer would be. And in the end it has inspired me to create a place where people can have the option to just simply critique if they want to, or go deeper with it and actually discuss that, and so I hope that it opens up options from "Deal with your personal issues/don't talk" to "we have a thread to discuss exactly that", which is kind of what a forum is for. We have the space for it.

And yes, usually I don't post very often. I didn't realize that the post would set off such a discussion, and it has made me understand the current community better from reading all the different responses to it.
Old 25th May 2021, 10:20 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

if someone has a very thorough negative critique of whatever, I don’t mind reading it because it’s someone else’s shared thoughts I may find interesting.

It sucks her voice is different and I don’t like her material as much as I did in 2013 which was her peak for me but meh oh well. Lol I’m glad to be here
Old 2nd June 2021, 06:08 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

My major issue with her music is her voice... the vibrato really annoys me lmao
Really just the vibrato. She can hold a decent note....
I’m trying to mimic her while singing and I’m like why are you doing this? It’s a stylistic choice but I don’t know why she’s gotta over use it. There is a time and place Legend A.

Also reading the comments... my goodness.
As for who this forum is aimed at.... well.... that’s a good question

Last edited by Delicious n Bold; 2nd June 2021 at 06:15 AM.
Old 2nd June 2021, 10:13 AM
opening Run Initiate

Sometimes I want YouTube's Honest Vocal Coach to react to her raw performances, although I suspect some things she would say as she already talked about screaming.