New singles Terminal & XOXO ~episode 2~ - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·


Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 27th September 2014, 03:07 AM
Party_King's Avatar
Party_King Party_King is offline
NEVER EVER Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Berlin • Leipzig
Posts: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by visionfactory View Post
So how's the competition of that week? I feel if she released this week she'd probably got #1 lol nobody's releasing this week
Gackt is going to release a new Single...
So it might be difficult to get #01 - or?
__________________

concerts i've attended:
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.07
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.08
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 27th September 2014, 03:13 AM
Bigtop Bigtop is offline
Are You Wake Up? Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bothell, WA, USA
Posts: 9,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by visionfactory View Post
So how's the competition of that week? I feel if she released this week she'd probably got #1 lol nobody's releasing this week
Quote:
Originally Posted by Party_King View Post
Gackt is going to release a new Single...
So it might be difficult to get #01 - or?
Here's what I've got based on CDJapan data: (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/release/idols/month/2014/10)
  • French Kiss (AKB48 subunit) - Omoidasenai Hana
  • Juice=Juice - Senobi / Datejyanainoyo Uchi no Jinsei wa
  • Sexy Zone - Otoko never give up

Did you see that bold-italic-underlined material? That's a Johnny's. Sexy Zone - they're releasing a new single on that same day. And based on historical records that we've been keeping track of, they're pretty much a sure #1 for the week. There's no way Ayu's going to beat a Johnny's group! Ugh... More Johnny's idol domination...why do they (along with other Johnny's idols such as, obviously, ARASHI, SMAP, Kanjani8, Hey!Say!JUMP, Kis-My-Ft2, etc, as well as AKB48 and related) have to dominate the Oricon charts so often, leaving little or no room for other artists??? Ugh...

(And that's not even including Gackt either.)
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 27th September 2014, 03:53 AM
orbitalaspect's Avatar
orbitalaspect orbitalaspect is offline
appears Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lakewood, WA (AKA The Real Hell on Earth)
Posts: 1,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
Here's what I've got based on CDJapan data: (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/release/idols/month/2014/10)
  • French Kiss (AKB48 subunit) - Omoidasenai Hana
  • Juice=Juice - Senobi / Datejyanainoyo Uchi no Jinsei wa
  • Sexy Zone - Otoko never give up

Did you see that bold-italic-underlined material? That's a Johnny's. Sexy Zone - they're releasing a new single on that same day. And based on historical records that we've been keeping track of, they're pretty much a sure #1 for the week. There's no way Ayu's going to beat a Johnny's group! Ugh... More Johnny's idol domination...why do they (along with other Johnny's idols such as, obviously, ARASHI, SMAP, Kanjani8, Hey!Say!JUMP, Kis-My-Ft2, etc, as well as AKB48 and related) have to dominate the Oricon charts so often, leaving little or no room for other artists??? Ugh...

(And that's not even including Gackt either.)
Well, they are definitely selling what people want to hear. Maybe Ayu should become a Johnny's idol?...?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 27th September 2014, 03:54 AM
adantatu2's Avatar
adantatu2 adantatu2 is offline
1 LOVE Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,649
^All of them sell more than 30k, right, so ayu is not going to get a Top 3.
You must consider this is a recut single, so the sales are going to be lower (and there isn't any promo either).
__________________

Jessica no te vayas, aunque seas algo zorra, le das un sabor muy interesante a la Generación de Chicas. Amo tu frialdad e indiferencia !!! Mi kokoro no puede más.

Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 27th September 2014, 06:19 PM
DogboyShugo's Avatar
DogboyShugo DogboyShugo is offline
WHATEVER Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada NS
Posts: 466
A single release of XOXO with just an added remix? What a waste...
__________________
~~lost in my own paradox~~
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 27th September 2014, 09:40 PM
Heavenly's Avatar
Heavenly Heavenly is offline
July 1st Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: France
Posts: 2,947
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 27th September 2014, 10:48 PM
artcika's Avatar
artcika artcika is offline
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 5,442
lol i don't think GACKT's any competition either, his singles get in top 10 but he's nowhere near the top 5 even with all the promo he puts out there. I think the most of the competition is idol groups.

Last edited by artcika; 27th September 2014 at 10:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 28th September 2014, 12:44 AM
adantatu2's Avatar
adantatu2 adantatu2 is offline
1 LOVE Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenly View Post
OMG, this is so funny
__________________

Jessica no te vayas, aunque seas algo zorra, le das un sabor muy interesante a la Generación de Chicas. Amo tu frialdad e indiferencia !!! Mi kokoro no puede más.

Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 28th September 2014, 01:56 AM
primavera♥'s Avatar
primavera♥ primavera♥ is offline
WE WISH Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenly View Post
Omg nooo lol I'm done
__________________

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡


Twitter

Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 28th September 2014, 05:32 AM
Bigtop Bigtop is offline
Are You Wake Up? Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bothell, WA, USA
Posts: 9,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by adantatu2 View Post
^All of them sell more than 30k, right, so ayu is not going to get a Top 3.
You must consider this is a recut single, so the sales are going to be lower (and there isn't any promo either).
Agreed. What about top five? Or top ten? Maybe it's possible that they could be out of either of these two... Most likely out of top five, but I'm saying top ten unless there are more releases that are more convincing than Ayu's...
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 28th September 2014, 04:52 PM
SpiceSquad!'s Avatar
SpiceSquad! SpiceSquad! is offline
Trauma Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Indonesia ~where the wild things are~
Posts: 855
truth hurts,

she's going to flop with this single. what a waste.
__________________
~Ayu @-->--~
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 28th September 2014, 07:44 PM
Andrenekoi's Avatar
Andrenekoi Andrenekoi is offline
HOPE or PAIN Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brazil
Posts: 6,847
I'm pretty sure she isn't really expecting to sell over 1 million copies with a recut single...
__________________

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html


I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)


Last edited by Andrenekoi; 28th September 2014 at 09:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 28th September 2014, 09:47 PM
orangeakira's Avatar
orangeakira orangeakira is offline
appears Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Millersville, PA
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I'm pretty sure she isn't really expecting to sell over 1 million copies with a recut single...
That would be amazing though.
__________________
tumblr: pumpkinvision | 3DS friend code: 5386-7813-0796 | PSN: beatfreak19
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 29th September 2014, 12:43 AM
KillTime111's Avatar
KillTime111 KillTime111 is offline
Boys & Girls Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 638
Happy to see a single coming. Where's the marketing for it? Hopeful it'll do alright.
__________________



-BWJ-
Instagram, YouTube, Twitter

Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 29th September 2014, 12:51 AM
owlflight's Avatar
owlflight owlflight is offline
ayu trance Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: SC, USA
Posts: 2,061
I wonder if it will release on iTunes internationally. Colours has still yet to appear on iTunes USA and I would hate to miss this single.
__________________

Book collector, avid reader, writer, cat owner, part time owl who listens to JPOP, KPOP, metal, soundtracks, and instrumental music.

Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 29th September 2014, 02:39 PM
HTMSD's Avatar
HTMSD HTMSD is offline
Far away Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kingdom Hearts
Posts: 1,314
Just wondering, we usually get leaks of pictures and mp3 rip on Friday-Saturday before the release date, and it's still no sign of HACKJACK Remix or booklet pictures... Hmmm...
__________________


==========
miwaMAGiC forum | miwaddicts LJ
check my JKT48 items for sale
==========

Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 29th September 2014, 05:28 PM
Linoa62 Linoa62 is offline
Greatful days Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: France
Posts: 4,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMSD View Post
Just wondering, we usually get leaks of pictures and mp3 rip on Friday-Saturday before the release date, and it's still no sign of HACKJACK Remix or booklet pictures... Hmmm...
Someone posted pics on baidu a couple of days ago
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3319470378
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 29th September 2014, 07:34 PM
Tomoyo's Avatar
Tomoyo Tomoyo is offline
Who... Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 1,150
i'll have to admit, i love the single cover but i do kind of wish it was a new single. it's not that i have a problem with re-cuts because i don't but with the album only being ten songs i'm kind of itching for new material already, plus both Terminal and XOXO were released with the special singles in the showcase before the album released.

oh well, still a pretty picture and i'm sure i'll end up buying it ^^
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 29th September 2014, 11:59 PM
Kazeyomi's Avatar
Kazeyomi Kazeyomi is offline
my name's WOMEN Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Italy
Posts: 6,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenly View Post
This is so beautiful.
Saved!

I'm not really excited about this release neither, but I think I'll end up buying it anyway lol
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 30th September 2014, 12:49 AM
Chibi-Chan's Avatar
Chibi-Chan Chibi-Chan is offline
walking proud Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hamburg (Germany)/Tôkyô
Posts: 7,085
Mh... I'm not excited at all about this release. I don't have anything against recut singles, but is it really too much ask for have to have more than just one new remix?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
terminal, xoxo

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.