The new artists thread - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat

Notices

Old 7th June 2017, 04:42 PM
Sky high Protector

For once a male artist, Taichi Mukai has a very special and experimental sound that mixed RnB, soul, electro and "odd sounds", and that combines melodic lines with jerky rhythms in a very fresh way in Stay Gold or Speechless. Note that some of his songs are more mainstream.
24 where you could find the mentioned songs.
Official website

Bed in is a female duet who parodies and revive the Jpop's golden age. You won't see skinny and cute idols but sexy women. Don't expect original music and just let's have fun with hers :
Official website

Last edited by Yoake; 7th June 2017 at 04:45 PM.
Old 8th June 2017, 04:40 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ I LOVE SIN and THINKING ABOUT YOU from Taichi Mukai's album, SIN especially is one of my favourite songs to come out last year. Those two songs alone are enough to keep him on my radar and make me look forward to more music from him.

Bed in's concept sounds like fun, I'll have to check them out when I have the time.
Old 10th June 2017, 04:05 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Thank you, Yoake!
Taichi Mukai is great. I especially love the stuff produced by Celsior Coupe.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 15th July 2017, 02:11 PM
Sky high Protector

As I created a thread for her and wanted to link it in the first post, I have just noticed that I forgot to talk about HARUHI in this one. How is it possible? This girl deserves more attention. She has a particular voice that gives an original side to her most mainstream songs. She'll release her debut album in two weeks. Don't hesitate to check her: http://ahsforum.com/forum/showthread...65#post3245865
http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Music/Inf...al/inside_out/
Old 8th August 2017, 05:11 PM
Sky high Protector

If you like rock, you might love PIGGY BANKS. The first time I listen to Corona (the first track of TIME THRILLER) I thought it was similar to Puffy. But finally it was just a wrong impression based on one song, this girls band has their own style and their album is varied.
http://www.piggybanks.jp/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Anly is a pop singer-songwriter. Some of her songs remind me Superfly or I should say, what I know about Superfly. She doesn't have an unique style but her album is nice. Something that you can listen to easily.
http://www.anly-singer.com/

Old 8th August 2017, 11:56 PM
from your letter Initiate

FEMM are my queens.
Old 9th August 2017, 03:26 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I can't believe I haven't mentioned FOLKS here before, I love them and they seriously need some more recognition! FOLKS is an indie rock band (don't let the name fool you, they have nothing to do with folk music) formed in 2013 by Fumito Iwai and Kazumasa Noguchi, former Galileo Galilei members. They've released four mini-albums and two singles so far, and they have some excellent material.
http://folks-eniwa.com/

Casca is probably my favourite song by them, it's haunting, beautiful, amazing, etc. The whole SNOWTOWN mini-album is really really good, you should check that out of FOLKS sounds like an interesting group to you.

I would share more songs, but most of my favourite songs don't seem to be on Youtube... and I don't feel like looking anymore, their name is verging on un-googleable and makes searching annoying, lol.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in FOLKS, I'd be happy to share their releases!

------

I'm not sure if anyone here listens to Haruka to Miyuki, but I feel the need to mention that their third full-length studio album, Tameiki no Danmenzu, has been released, and it's really good! Definitely their best full-length album, though still behind Sekai as my favourite release overall. But if anyone is looking for some rock, I really recommend checking the album out!

-----

^^ I checked out the PIGGY BANKS videos. The singer sounds great, and their songs sound quite fun, but their style isn't really for me. Still, thanks for spreading the word, Yoake, I hadn't heard of them before!

I still haven't listened to any Bed In though I've been meaning to, and was reminded about them randomly on another site... So many artists to try, so little time!
Old 12th August 2017, 01:00 PM
Sky high Protector

^Totally agree. There are even a lot of artists I listen to since ages and I didn't even hear all their discographies. Sometime I think I need a longer life to able to do everything I want (music, book, movie, exhibition,..). I haven't tried Haruka to Miyuki yet. I remembered you shared them last year... Really need to do it.

FOLKS isn't bad. I wouldn't mind to check their other songs. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by himawariii6 View Post
FEMM are my queens.
FEMM isn't really my thing. They sounds pretty generic. What they are doing with FAMM'IN is better and so original.
Old 5th November 2017, 10:09 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Another new female solo on the rise!

Her name is Junna Sakai (short Junna as stage name) and she debuted this summer with the mini-album 'Vai! Ya! Vai!'.
She's only 17 years old and started her career with 14(!) as the singing voice for the anime Walküre.
Her voice is damn strong.

November 1st ( her birthday) her first single called 'Here' was released and it is going strong digitally since (currently No.2 on iTunes, but No.1 before e.g.).

Official site

It's interesting, how all the young female artists rising are more of the 'girl next door' type.
With Namie retiring, the so called 'kira kira artists' (the 'divas' in the west) are slowly fading, without somebody coming after it. Though imo, it would be important to have more than one type of (successful) female artists out there. Japan needs strong female figures and I sadly don't see much of it anymore in the Japanese music scene.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 5th November 2017, 03:21 PM
Sky high Protector

^oh she is the one who sings the opening of Mahoutsukai no Yome. If Here didn't hold my attention because it's very generic (even if it's still a good song), especially for an anime about magic, Vai! Ya! Vai! is uplifting. Somehow she reminds me Shishido Kavka and Ikimonogatari.
Old 11th June 2018, 07:02 PM
Sky high Protector

Not really a new face in the music world as she was a member of °C-ute and Buono!. Suzuki Airi started a solo career and released her first album Do me a favor last week.

Old 15th August 2018, 05:44 PM
Sky high Protector

Sato Chiaki (佐藤千亜妃) member of the band Kinoko Teikoku sarted a solo career with the release of her 1st EP SickSickSickSick (25/07/2018). Her style is mainly experimental pop (if I can describe it like this). From time to time her songs remind me moumoon. Prologue is my favourite song.

Bedtime Eyes pv

Summer Gate pv

spotify : https://open.spotify.com/album/0tzsBUvfNEL3fRWqdPIcsd
OW: http://kinokoteikoku.com/chiaki-sato/

Last edited by Yoake; 15th August 2018 at 05:48 PM.
Old 6th August 2019, 01:04 PM
Sky high Protector

New artist under avex :

Good voice, bland song.
Old 9th August 2019, 01:35 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I don't think Karen cares about this, but there are two Johnny's groups that will be making their major debuts (from Johnny's Jr.) in 2020: SixTONES (under Sony Music, e.g. ex-NEWS Yamashita Tomohisa) and Snow Man (Avex, Kis-My-Ft2/V6 label).

SixTONES YouTube teaser below.

Media coverage
Old 21st October 2019, 07:40 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Do we have a thread for Reol? She has a new album listed for January and I’m freaking excited. The new single “Hype mode” is already on Spotify
Old 3rd May 2020, 06:51 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

It's been a while since the last time, I wanna shout out some up-and-coming artists!

Furui Riho is an independent artist who's been working in the Sapporo music scene for some years already (I first heard her in late 2016, under a different pseudonym). She has a bright, smooth, soulful singing voice and a groovy, mellow sound to her own songs (which she writes and produces). She currently only has a few singles out, but several more original and collaboration works of hers are floating around and can be found on Youtube, and I hope she'll keep releasing more songs.

Rebirth, released last year, is an excellent song and gives you a good idea of what she's all about:

Forever no End is one of her two songs with I've Sound, and the first time I fell in love with her voice. It's pure synthpop perfection, soaring to euphoric heights but also revealing a bittersweet edge:

If you're properly intrigued, you can check out this live set from less than two months ago. It features lots of her unreleased material and is a thoroughly enjoyable listening experience.

---

Miyu Kumagawa is a teen singer-songwriter. She released her first mini-album, Phantasm, two months ago, and it's a great work of acoustic guitar pop from start to finish. She also has a really pleasant voice, I'm looking forward to her future works!

Blue Bird

Ancient Story
Old 4th February 2022, 01:10 PM
Sky high Protector

I revived this thread because I discovered this new artist called Lizabet. Her voice is atypical in Japan, less in the western world. I'm fond of her debut song but her voice make me want to follow her out of the corner of my eye.

Old 4th February 2022, 09:27 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ Her voice is definitely notable! She recently came up on my release radar and I didn't realise she was Japanese until I saw you share this. I'll keep an eye on her too.

---

I want to recommend new R&B singer Miki Takeuchi! She just released her first EP Kotoba ni Dekizu... a few weeks ago; it's solid material and she sounds great. The title track is an instant stand-out!