Nami Tamaki: Thread 4.0 - New album "Singularity" (13/3/2024) - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 16th March 2011, 05:08 PM
still alone Initiate

Poor nami x.x but yea she seems to have lost her magic

set made my me

Old 1st April 2011, 03:21 PM
Two of us Initiate

You have to keep in mind that both the album and single had literally no promotion besides "NEO Gekkan".

Missing You wasn't a tie-in for anything at all. So therefore only Nami fans would know about it. It's music video didn't air until 2 weeks after the single was released. The albums promotional song "Girlie Night" managed to rank at #4 on Yahoo's Music Download Japan (similar to Chaku-Uta) the only reason it didn't rank well on recochoku is because it wasn't available for download from there until the album was finally released.

The album sold out twice on CDJapan (which isn't counted on Oricon sales) as well as being the #2 most ordered limited album from outside asia on HMV Japan.

Although Oricon reports 1,000 or so sales. These sales are strictly from only a few areas which Nami doesn't sell well in. The actual sales would probably be around 5,000-10,000 due to the amount of websites (even Amazon & Tower Records Online) reporting copies selling out.

The DVD managed to reach as high as #18 on the DVD charts with it's debut and sold well over 3,000 copies. Great considering STEP DVD sold 600 or so copies. Not only that but the DVD was the #2 most pre-ordered DVD on HMV Japan.

The booklet (it's sales aren't counted on Oricon) have been reported to sell over 120,000 copies. The Limited Edition is currently out of stock (permanently) on CDJapan. The HMV store only has a few copies left. And both sites go down to "2 copies left" within weeks of re-stocking. So I'd estimate the DVD & Booklet together would have sold a little over 200,000 copies.

The music video (photo version) of Missing You received over 9 million views on recochoku within 2 days of it's release. This was reported by the recochoku website itself.

So I think it's unfair to say that her album 'flopped'. Even on HMV store. It is listed as her 3rd best selling item.

The reason she is having an Asia Tour is because of the amount of money she has made from her NEO Gekkan DVD&Booklet. The Asia Tour will most likely be released on DVD once Nami returns with more power. She will now, definitely, recieve serious promotion from UNIVERSAL-J.

Nami and Universal J are aware of how popular she used to be. They both know that she has what it takes to become HUGE. They aren't going to waste her talents.

: )
Old 21st June 2011, 08:08 PM
Initiate

I have just bought Nami Tamaki - Graduation ~Singles~ CD+DVD and I'm a new fan

has her music really changed so much after she has changed her label ?
Old 21st June 2011, 08:23 PM
SAKURA Initiate

her music became more R&B type stuff (compared to electro/techno-ish songs on "Don't Stay"). but just recently she's been having a kpop phase or something, i guess, lol. i haven't been following her since like...january. but she had a new album this year, called "READY", but i think it's more on the kpop style side as well. since that album's release, i have no idea what she's up to. but i follow her on twitter anyway, lol.

overall, her music has really changed compared to when she was on Sony. it's really sad because i lose so much interest in her lately.

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 21st June 2011, 08:26 PM
Initiate

where could I get this concert ?

"My Graduation" Live DVD

Tracklist
Opening.My Graduation
M1. High School Queen
M2. Realize
M3. Sunrize
~MC~
M4. Promised Land
M5. Shining Star ☆忘れないから☆
M6. Medley(Be Positive -光の中で輝いて-~DreamerS~IDentity)
M7. Heroine
M8. You
< Dance Number >
M9. Get Wild
M10. Reason
M11. Medley(Fortune~MY WAY~Fortune)
M12. 大胆にいきましょう↑Heart&Soul↑
M13. Sanctuary
M14. Result
EN1. Medley(Prayer -Programless Beat Mix- ~ i CAN FLY)
~MC~
EN2. CROSS SEASON
EN3. Believe
~MC~
EN4. 19 GROWING UP-ode to my buddy-
Old 22nd June 2011, 01:48 AM
Secret Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty4123 View Post
overall, her music has really changed compared to when she was on Sony. it's really sad because i lose so much interest in her lately.
I think everyone lost interest in her, judging by her sales numbers lol. Because she fell way down the charts ever since she switched.
Old 1st July 2011, 12:59 AM
from your letter Initiate

I think she got a boob job since Ive seen her last. GOD what happen to Daitain ni ikimashou????

Youtube.
Old 18th July 2011, 10:17 PM
Bold & Delicious Initiate

I think that Nami should do more tie-ins with animes like she used too her music was so great back then - I miss those days

"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair"

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=742893759
Old 18th July 2011, 10:26 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildconnetta View Post
update soon
xx
I'm still waitin' on this update.

And I'm sad to see she's had an obvious loss of interest.
Old 26th July 2011, 11:28 PM
forgiveness Initiate

All artists' sales go down eventually. Lol.
Old 17th September 2011, 03:35 PM
Two of us Initiate

She's transferred from UNIVERSAL MUSIC to Imperial Records Japan!

Never heard of this label so I don't know if this is good news or not.

Someone tell me if I should be excited? All I know is it was confirmed after her collaboration song was announced with PaniCrew 'Right on time feat. Nami Tamaki'.

She's also confirmed it on her twitter : )
Old 17th September 2011, 04:45 PM
Secret Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiouforever View Post
All artists' sales go down eventually. Lol.
Yes, they do. But Nami's dived REALLY hard.
Old 17th September 2011, 06:24 PM
SAKURA Initiate

imperial records has kanjani8 (JE group). that's the only reason why i've heard of this label. i dunno much else about it, though. but maybe nami will have better luck with this label? i've totally forgotten about her, though, lol. but we'll see!

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 17th September 2011, 06:42 PM
sending mail Initiate

Hopefully she'll do well

Old 20th September 2011, 05:54 PM
Bold & Delicious Initiate

she's moved labels again? hopefully her music style will change like before

"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair"

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=742893759
Old 25th September 2011, 04:26 AM
Two of us Initiate

Recently, Nami had a small concert in China. The songs she performed were:

1. GIVE ME UP
2. Missing You -Time To Love-
3. Girlie Night
MC
4. Speedway
5. Sanctuary
6. Get Wild
7. My Style
8. Reason
9. Realize
10. Believe
11. Good-bye
MC
Encore- Believe
MC

You can also see some of the performances in these videos:

GIVE ME UP - http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzA2NzExODE2.html
Missing You - http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzA2NjgxMzgw.html
Girlie Night - http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzA2Njk5Nzgw.html
Speedway - http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzA2NjgwNDAw.html
Sanctuary - http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzA2Njk5MzUy.html
Reason - http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzA2Njg4MjI4.html
Realize - http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzA2NjkyNDQw.html
Believe - http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzA2Njk1MjIw.html

Get Wild IN HQ!!!
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/RJO4a_e5yi4/
Old 22nd October 2011, 08:12 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

its kind of sad she had surch poor promo . i hope her new label wil promote her better .
she have a lot of fans overseas ,she should start expending outside asia .

for those who are interrested here is her fanpage (unofficial) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nami-T...10333489013998

if you live in california check www.yumeranch.com

come join the fun look with my jpop on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/MY-...953715?ref=ts/
Old 23rd October 2011, 04:17 AM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayurocks20 View Post
You have to keep in mind that both the album and single had literally no promotion besides "NEO Gekkan".

Missing You wasn't a tie-in for anything at all. So therefore only Nami fans would know about it. It's music video didn't air until 2 weeks after the single was released. The albums promotional song "Girlie Night" managed to rank at #4 on Yahoo's Music Download Japan (similar to Chaku-Uta) the only reason it didn't rank well on recochoku is because it wasn't available for download from there until the album was finally released.

The album sold out twice on CDJapan (which isn't counted on Oricon sales) as well as being the #2 most ordered limited album from outside asia on HMV Japan.

Although Oricon reports 1,000 or so sales. These sales are strictly from only a few areas which Nami doesn't sell well in. The actual sales would probably be around 5,000-10,000 due to the amount of websites (even Amazon & Tower Records Online) reporting copies selling out.

The DVD managed to reach as high as #18 on the DVD charts with it's debut and sold well over 3,000 copies. Great considering STEP DVD sold 600 or so copies. Not only that but the DVD was the #2 most pre-ordered DVD on HMV Japan.

The booklet (it's sales aren't counted on Oricon) have been reported to sell over 120,000 copies. The Limited Edition is currently out of stock (permanently) on CDJapan. The HMV store only has a few copies left. And both sites go down to "2 copies left" within weeks of re-stocking. So I'd estimate the DVD & Booklet together would have sold a little over 200,000 copies.

The music video (photo version) of Missing You received over 9 million views on recochoku within 2 days of it's release. This was reported by the recochoku website itself.

So I think it's unfair to say that her album 'flopped'. Even on HMV store. It is listed as her 3rd best selling item.

The reason she is having an Asia Tour is because of the amount of money she has made from her NEO Gekkan DVD&Booklet. The Asia Tour will most likely be released on DVD once Nami returns with more power. She will now, definitely, recieve serious promotion from UNIVERSAL-J.

Nami and Universal J are aware of how popular she used to be. They both know that she has what it takes to become HUGE. They aren't going to waste her talents.

: )
This is cool seeing how she's not totally flopping, but im pretty sure CDJapan counts for Oricon

set made my me

Old 23rd October 2011, 10:21 AM
Two of us Initiate

^ It doesn't : ) You can see a list of sites that Oricon counts. I'm pretty sure HMV and Tower Records online and Amazon are the only online stores
Old 17th November 2011, 01:37 AM
Two of us Initiate

I think we need a new thread for this... but Nami's 21st single has been announced. It comes in a CD & DVD Edition and will be released on the 25th of January, 2012.

Title: LADY MIND

Track-list:
01. LADY MIND
02. UNKNOWN
03. LADY MIND -Instrumental-
04. UNKNOWN

DVD:
01. LADY MIND PV (Other content TBA)

Info: http://www.tsutaya.co.jp/works/20298683.html

The single is also amazingly priced! It's 1,200 for the Regular Edition and 1,500 for the CD+DVD Limited Edition. This is also Nami's first CD/DVD single release since Moshimo Negai Ga 2 years ago!

Nami has said the song will follow in her new sound - "KPOP-styled-Ero-Kawaii"-. She recently released an album this year titled 'READY' which also used this style. However, with a new label and definitely better promotion, Nami might just climb back up the charts. I don't know what to expect from this single, but I'm sure it will do perfectly fine.

Nami also stated on twitter that she has finished filming the PV for the single. The shoot for the PV lasted from 7AM until 12AM the next day! It's said to be loaded with dance-choreography by SHUN. For those who don't know, Shun choreographed her dances for 'Get Wild', 'Result', 'Brightdown', 'My Way,' & everyones favourite... REASON! He also choreographed her "MY GRADUATION" concert.

I hope Teichiku Records doesn't screw her over!