let me seeya one & one in the apple is a bo peep bo peep of T-ARA ♔ 2nd thread! - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 29th May 2011, 03:26 AM
And Then Initiate

let me seeya one & one in the apple is a bo peep bo peep of T-ARA ♔ 2nd thread!

T-ARA
T-ara (티아라) is a 7-member girl group from Mnet & Core Contents Media. T-ara debuted on July 29, 2009 on MBC's Golden Fishery, they are the first group to debut on a variety TV show. Originally a 5-member group, T-ara was made up of members Eunjung, Hyomin, Jiyeon, Jiwon, and Jiae. In June 2009, right before T-ara was scheduled to debut, Jiwon and Jiae quit, stating that they believed T-ara's concept didn't fit them. They were immediately replaced with Soyeon, Qri, and Boram, and T-ara's debut was rescheduled for July.

In 2009, while many girl groups debuted and took a fierce and flashy stage image, T-ara took the opposite route with a “girls next door” image. They were able to distinguish themselves from the competition and were well received by fans. Their debut song “Lies” went to the top 5, and collaboration TTL (Time To Love) with male group Cho Shin Sung became one of the most popular dance hits of the year. At the end of 2009, T-ara released their first studio album.

The title song “Bo Beep Bo Beep” spent many weeks on top of many charts, including our own soompi chart for three weeks. Follow up hits “Like The First Time” and “Crazy Because Of You” from the repackaged version of their album also did very well. With consecutive hit songs, T-ara quickly became of the most popular girl groups in Korea.

In July 2010, Core Contents Media announced that T-ara would be going through big changes. New member Hwayoung was introduced, and Boram became the new leader of the group. The choice to rotate leaders once a year was made by T-ara themselves, as they feel it will give both the group and the individual members the opportunity to grow in a new direction.

Members:
Spoiler:

Stage name: Boram (보람)
Birth name: Jeon Boram (전보람)
Position:: Supporting Vocalist, Leader (2010-2011)
Birthdate: March 22, 1986
Height: 155cm
Weight: 45kg
Education: Myungji University, Enrolled in Dept. of Theatre and Visual Arts
Family: Father Jeon YoungRok (singer), mother Lee MiYoung (actress), younger sister Jeon Wooram
Cyworld: cyworld.com/fromlaboheme
Twitter: @Boram86322

Stage name: Qri (큐리)
Birth name: Lee Jihyun (이지현)
Position:: Supporting Vocalist
Birthdate: December 12, 1986
Height: 162cm
Weight: 44kg
Education: Myungji University, Enrolled in Dept. of Theatre and Visual Arts
Cyworld: cyworld.com/dodoljh
Twitter: @QriPretty

Stage name: Soyeon (소연)
Birth name: Park Injung (박인정), legally changed to Park Soyeon (박소연) in December 2009
Position:: Main Vocalist
Birthdate: October 5, 1987
Height: 163cm
Weight: 46kg
Education: Anyang Art School
Cyworld: None
Twitter: @sohotmelody

Stage name: Eunjung (은정)
Birth name: Ham Eunjung (함은정)
Position:: Main Vocalist, Main Rapper, Leader (2009-2010)
Birthdate: December 12, 1988
Height: 168cm
Education: Donggook University, Enrolled in Dept. of Performing Arts
Hobbies & Specialty: Movies, Fashion Magazines, Reading, Taekwondo (Black Belt), Pansori, Horseback Riding
Cyworld: cyworld.com/cong1212
Twitter: @taraeunjung1212

Stage name: Hyomin (효민)
Birth name: Park Sunyoung (박선영)
Position:: Leader (2011), Lead Vocalist, Lead Rapper
Birthdate: May 30, 1989
Height: 167cm
Weight: 43kg
Education: Sungkyunkwan University, Enrolled in Dept. of Acting Arts
Hobbies & Specialty: Photography, Cooking, Drawing, Styling, Musicals, Sports, Acting
Cyworld: cyworld.com/wwww89
Twitter: @b89530

Stage name: Hwayoung (화영)
Birth name: Ryu Hwayoung (류화영)
Position:: Lead Rapper
Birthdate: April 22, 1993
Height: 168cm
Education: Sungeul High School
Family: Twin sister Hyoyoung (member of COED SCHOOL and 5DOLLS)
Cyworld: cyworld.com/fbghk12
Twitter: @RHY422

Stage name: Jiyeon (지연)
Birth name: Park Jiyeon (박지연)
Position:: Supporting Vocalist, Lead Dancer, Maknae
Birthdate: June 7, 1993
Height: 167cm
Education: Seoul Arts High School (2008) Hyehwa Girls High School (2009) Lila Art High School (2010)
Hobbies & Specialty: Sleeping, Movies, Sports, Taekwondo (Black Belt), Cooking
Cyworld: cyworld.com/Park4471
Twitter: @pjy1234

Discography:
Spoiler:
Single - Good Person (Version 1) (Cinderella Man OST)
Single - Women's Generation/Forever Love (Seeya, Davichi, Jiyeon)
Single - Lies
Single - TTL (Time To Love) (T-ara & Supernova)
Single - TTL Listen.2 (T-ara & Supernova)
Album - Absolute First Album
Single - Wonder Woman (Seeya, Davichi, T-ara)
Album - Breaking Heart (Repackage)
Mini Album - Temptastic
Mini Album - John Travolta Wanna Be

Omg!!! This thread took hours to make!!

Last edited by 4minute Girl; 24th June 2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old 29th May 2011, 05:33 AM
And Then Initiate

sexy pix from this year's Dream Concert

Spoiler:

They performed a remix version of WAYLT and also IGCBOY

Spoiler:

Last edited by 4minute Girl; 29th May 2011 at 05:37 AM.
Old 29th May 2011, 05:57 AM
ayu trance Initiate

qri is my fave 1st lead dancer in recent history!!!
Old 29th May 2011, 09:59 AM
And Then Initiate

Thanks for replying in my thread! I worked very hard on it.

Anyway, today is another Special day. It is Hyomin's 22nd Birthday.

I found this pics of her through the years since her childhood.

Old 30th May 2011, 07:21 AM
Will Initiate

wow 2nd thread already! thanks for making :3

and happy belated birthday hyo!!!
those pics are adorable~

I AM ESSITED! Taeyeon Thank you miroro

code:exoaffxtionnanaseven

Old 30th May 2011, 01:41 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

^^she's such a cutieeee love the last pic!

and yay new threaaddddd~~

ALWAYS KEEP THE FAITHproud member of ESS
kiss kiss frenchy frenchy | better than the love motion

Old 30th May 2011, 10:10 PM
And Then Initiate

PIX from the VIP premiere of Eunjung's movie

More:
Spoiler:

Quote:
T-ara’s Hyomin uploaded a hilarious photo on her Twitter in celebration of her birthday.

On May 30th, the idol uploaded the above photo onto her Twitter with the caption, “Thank you for coming to my birthday party. A few more people than I expected came.. (Note: At 8PM, T-ara will have a performance. Don’t miss it.)”

In the photo, you can spot Hyomin looking up to the camera and in the background it reads: “Celebration. Hyomin Birthday. 1989.”

Somehow, she photoshopped herself into a stadium photo and added those giant letters to the grade.

Her birthday is on the 30th so her fellow member Eunjung tweeted, “It’s our pretty Hyomin’s birthday. Everyone please wish her a happy birthday!

She continued, “A dongsaeng but also a friend and trustworthy volunteer. My lovely Hyomin. It’s already been almost four years. I hope I can keep wishing you a happy birthday right beside you. Thank you so much and 23-years-old, that’s the prettiest age. Have fun. Happy birthday!

Also here is a short clip of T-ara at Chae Dong Ha's funeral. RIP!!!
Old 1st June 2011, 08:57 PM
And Then Initiate

omg!!!! Eunjung's movie is getting rave reviews from her idol frans

Quote:
On May 30th, the VIP premiere event for new horror film, WHITE went through successfully. It is a horror story involving an idol group.

To support T-ara's Eunjung, girl group T-ara attended the event to watch the film as well as other idols from groups such as KARA's Park Gyuri, 2AM's Im Seulong, MissA's Min and Suzy, Davichi's Kang Minkyung and Lee Haeri.

Other stars that attended include: Park Yongwoo, Seowoo, Hwanhee, Lee Sangwoo, Park Jibin, Ryu Deokhwan, Lee Pilmo. With the stars, the theatre was filled up by fans.

After the movie, most of the idols and actors that went to see it went straight to their Twitter accounts to tweet "That was SO scary" which in turn made the public anticipate the film even more.

2AM's Seulong said "WHITE was very enjoyable. It's a scary movie, but it's still fun at the same time to watch" with that, he even added "I was seated beside MissA's Min, and her screaming was even scarier than the film!"

MissA's Min commented that "People have to watch this film! It's going to be your must-do for the summer!". MissA's Suzy said that "It was really, really scary! It's great for the summer... But you probably shouldn't watch it alone."

T-ara's Hyomin commented that "Eunjung-unni's never been shown this way. I'm still scared," Park Gyuri of KARA said that the film was "fun and scary" and that "everyone should watch it. I live alone, and that scares me..."

WHITE will come out in the theatres June 9, 2011.

Source
Also construction on CCM's coffee shop started recently it opens in 1 month :3

Old 1st June 2011, 10:30 PM

^awww! i would watch it if it wasnt a horror movie XD

OMG SUPERSIZE TIARA that pic is soooo pretty though

Old 2nd June 2011, 09:29 AM
And Then Initiate

Horror is my favorite kind of movie so I love that they're in so many horror Films

More news about Café Page One:
Quote:
T-ara to launch their own café franchise, “Cafe Page One”

T-ara has just announced that they will be opening a café in Kangnam that will be developed into a nation-wide chain of 500 stores!

The girls personally designed and invested in the café alongside their Core Contents Media CEO, Kim Kwang Soo. “Café Page One” will open on July 1st under a ’star shop’ concept, and the girls will be present to greet the customers themselves.

Commenting on the coffee franchise, the CEO stated, “By using our status in entertainment to create a small area of leisure, I wanted to show people that the entertainment industry was not something that’s so different or far from them. We’re currently planning to open up to 500 stores nationwide.”

He continued, “The café’s name was influenced from the cafe Eunjung worked at in her drama, ‘Coffee House.’

Source
MORE PIX:
Spoiler:

A fan made this for Hyomin's birthday so cute
Quote:

T-ara's Hyomin reveals a Hyomin doll given to her by fans.

On the 2nd, Hyomin posted on Twitter, "A priceless gift given to me by fans.. miniature child doll," also posting a picture. Inside the photo was a doll resembling Hyomin recreating T-ara's "I Go Crazy Because of You" choreography.

Netizens said, "It's as cute as you", "Hyomin is more beautiful than the doll."

Meanwhile, Hyomin is shooting full time her new movie "Gisaeng Spirit", scheduled for release later this summer.

Source
Old 4th June 2011, 07:46 AM
And Then Initiate

Quote:
Rumour about T-ara’s Japanese debut

There is some talk going around on T-ara’s Japanese fansites and fanboards. It is currently rumoured that T-ara was signed with Avex several months ago, and their CD debut will be this summer. Maybe July, and August at the latest.

It’s also said that the song will possibly be a Japanese remake of Bo Peep Bo Peep. Soyeon seems to be the best when it comes to Japanese, and Qri is good as well.
Qri also tweetered yesterday that after their Singapore trip this week, they have some business to attend to in Japan.

Eunjung is also trying to tweet in english now but she had trouble spelling Singapore

Last edited by 4minute Girl; 4th June 2011 at 07:49 AM.
Old 4th June 2011, 07:54 AM
Will Initiate

oh I hope there will be overseas branches of the coffee shop!
I love coffee, and I love T-Ara XD

that hyomin doll is so cutie!

and japanese debut with avex ? hmm..

eunjung tweets in english and spelling mistakes of singapore is precious lol

I AM ESSITED! Taeyeon Thank you miroro

code:exoaffxtionnanaseven

Old 4th June 2011, 10:37 AM
reBiRTH Initiate

^^ i'd like to see a japanese debut <3 and with avex even better!
but i still want my korean comeback soon

Tumblr
| lastfm

Old 6th June 2011, 04:13 AM
And Then Initiate

Looks like they're going to Japan first?????

Quote:
Update on T-ara's comeback and plans for Japan

As of right now, it looks like their Japanese debut will be before their comeback in Korea?
Said by the girls themselves at the performance in Singapore: Their new album will be released very soon, they’re working on it right now. But first they are going to continue with some performances in Korea, then they’re going to expand into Japan, and after that their new album will be released.

Eunjung on the cover of cine21's latest issue

Here are some pix from Singapore they went to the beach and ran into some fans and ended up spending some time with them and giving them autographed albums

Old 6th June 2011, 02:17 PM
Don't look back Initiate

LOL what i Eunjung wearing..

And LOVE THEM SO MUCH FRM HEAL THE WORLD!!!
I went to the concert.

and here's the excerpt from my own review about it...I FEEL REALLY LUCKY about the pre-concert happening

Quote:
1. PRE-CONCERT

After meeting my friend, we decided to head back to the Max Pavilion to see the crowd. Really, we didn't have any plans whatsoever so we walked all the way to the back and saw a crowd. Oh yeah, we also heard Diva and Shampoo playing from inside. After School was rehearsing. I was really hyped and so I just stopped to listen by the door LOL! (paiseh). Anyways, so we walked to the back to join the crowd and realized it was the entrance for the artistes. WOOTS! AND WE DIDN'T HAVE TO WAIT LONG BEFORE T-ARA ARRIVED ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

I caught a glimpse of Qri, Hyomin, Jiyeon and Eunjung (who alighted last and turned back to wave at the fans). (Hyomin and Jiyeon looked SOOOOOOO GORGEOUS!)

7. T-ARA
-Why Are You Being Like This?, Ya Ya Ya, Like The First Time, Bo Peep Bo Peep, I Go Crazy Because Of You

THE GROUP THE AUDIENCE WAS MOST HIGH ABOUT! First time in Singapore with 5 smashing hit songs. What else could we ask for? (well...yes TTL =.=)

They didn't come out from the 'gates' but they walked out and posed in the darkness. They were dressed in their Waeroni costume throughout the 5 songs. Everyone was WAERONI-ING and KNOCKING in that track. The atmosphere was the best at this point of time. Their performance was really good but as I have said, the music was really drowning and for members with weaker vocals, I could barely hear them. Boram and Eunjung have longer, neck-length hair (I didn't recognize the former at first lol!). So many people were screaming when Hyomin, Eunjung and Jiyeon sang their lines. That guy beside my friend was literally STOMPING on the ground and SCREAMMMMMING like no tomorrow geez.

I was SO PUMPED when I heard the tribal sounds of Ya Ya Ya. That is totally a crowd song. Super easy to sing and dance to. It was irritating me because I know the moves but yet, I wanted to wave the lightstick so...it was one or the other. In the end, I chose to wave the lightstick. There was not really a lot of space anyway. I shouted A LOT in this song. After this, they sang Like The First Time.

T-ara went back and appeared once again through the screen opening singing Bo Peep Bo Peep WITH THEIR FURRY PAWS! It was "Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep Bo Peep OHHH~...AH AH....FOLLOW ME! FOLLOW ME!"...Ahh it was just tooooo high and tooooo overwhelming now that I reflect upon it. VERY HIGH PERFORMANCE! I believe the CAT 1 audience were on their chairs already.

Then we sang Jiyeon HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I was expecting a cake but seriously, it was really just us singing. Jiyeon wasnt that surprised actually LOL! I thought it would be a more touching scene. :/

After that, T-ara delivered their final hit (and I was wondering where that song went): I Go Crazy Because Of You. EVERYONE WENT CRAZY BECAUSE OF THEM. All the "Oh"s in the chorus just Had to be chanted out. Because the fanchants and screams were so loud, I vaguely remember moments I could hear most of the members. The concert ended on a really high note as such. My throat was reallly dry by then.

Sidenote: Like I have said, Hyomin and Jiyeon were SOOOO PWETTY!!! OH YES! I really LOVE how they even gave Hwayoung lines!! (Even though, I swear they were masked by Hyomin's vocals especially in Like The First Time). At least they re-did the song to incorporate Hwayoung.
Old 6th June 2011, 07:16 PM
And Then Initiate

Thanks for ur fan account it sounds like fun!! I wish I lived in Singapore so I could go

T-ara's official Japanese website is opened:
http://www.t-ara-official.com/

There's also their official Japanese blog:
http://ameblo.jp/t-ara777

Also their first showcase on July 5:
Quote:
T-ARA First Show Case

1,500 fans will be invited at random by lottery/drawing free of charge.
Application Period: 8 JUNE 2011, 10:00AM - 27 JUNE 2011, 11:59PM

Date: 5 JULY 2011
Venue/Location: SHIBUYA-AX (Tokyo)
Doors Open: 6:00PM
Event Begins: 7:00PM
Old 7th June 2011, 08:26 PM
And Then Initiate

Quote:
T-ara Secures a $4,300,000 USD Contract in Japan

T-ara is planning on making their Japanese debut having signed with J-ROCK for an impressive exclusive contract worth 350 million yen (4.7 billion won, or 4.3 million USD). The highest out of all Korean girl groups.

T-ara's company revealed to the press on June 7th, "T-ara's major label in Japan will be Toshiba EMI Music Japan while the management and marketing is responsible by Johnny's Smile Company. J-ROCK also has plans of pursuing a multi-entertainment together in Korea as well, with T-ara tackling dramas, MCing, singing, movies, etc."

T-ara is planned to be having a showcase at SHIBUYA-AX in Tokyo (with approximately 2,500 seats) on July 5th. On that day it is expected for Japanese reporters and more than 100 broadcasting companies to cover the event.

T-ara debuted in July 2009 with 'Lies', receiving the love of the public with hit songs such as 'Bo Peep Bo Peep', 'I Go Crazy Because of You', 'Like the First Time', 'Why Are You Being Like This', and 'Yayaya'. Also with their stylish and energetic charms, they have managed to extend out to different areas with appearances in CFs, dramas, movies, varieties, and etc.

Meanwhile, T-ara is busily preparing for their Japan showcase.

More Eunjung's pix in cine21

Old 7th June 2011, 08:40 PM

^OMG LAST PIC IS HOT *______________*
btw does anyone have those pics of her in some magazine with blonde hair??

Old 7th June 2011, 10:06 PM
independent Initiate

Eunjung looks so great in those scans!! And I really can't wait to be able to see her movie

I personally think a japanese debut isn't a really good idea, lately there have been too many korean groups debuting in japan and I feel like only a few of them are even known or popular!! I don't want more korean groups to "fail" in japan~
Old 7th June 2011, 10:50 PM
reBiRTH Initiate

keep that hair forever eunjung please even if you look great with short hair, but with longer hair you look even more perfect
and im pretty sure they'll do great in japan! :3

Tumblr
| lastfm

Closed Thread

Tags
black eyes, cha seung won, cry cry, innovators, kpop, lovey-dovey, sophisticated, t-ara, visionaries