Where to buy Ayu CDs in Toronto? - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 26th July 2006, 09:08 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Where to buy Ayu CDs in Toronto?

Hi.

My friend is going to Toronto in a week and she wants to buy some Ayu CDs... does anyone know any good stores where theres lots of legit stuff and maybe posters or magazines?

Thanks alot!
Old 26th July 2006, 09:22 PM
MY ALL Initiate

Shouldn't Book Off exist there?

martinstark.net - ayuready? episodes - facebook - twitter
Old 26th July 2006, 09:34 PM

^nope

Pacific Mall is the best place to shop for ayu cds. but be careful because there are a lot of bootleg stores over at that mall.
Old 26th July 2006, 09:59 PM
HONEY Protector

Location: Oxford, UK (originally from Vancouver Island, Canada)
Yeah I was going to say China town until you specified legitimate

I recommend to going to really big outlet malls and hopefully you'll find something there. I can't remember the name of the store that sells them here... but there are some outlets that do. Posters? That's another story

Check out my shop with handmade book jewellery!
Shop: www.coryographies.etsy.com --- Blog: www.coryographies.blogspot.com
Other blog: www.palaeolinguist.blogspot.com --- Other forum: www.linguistforum.com

Old 26th July 2006, 10:02 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

lots of bootlegs, eh? gah. If it were ME buying the stuff, it'd be no problem, but my friend knows nothing about bootlegs or anything... she only has 1 Ayu cd... oy...
Old 26th July 2006, 10:11 PM
MY ALL Initiate

Make sure to keep your eyes open for "AVCD-#####" and the AVEX logo in case you go shopping at suspicious places .

Old 26th July 2006, 10:41 PM

You can find Ayu magazines at Pacific Mall as well. but some are chinese version and not the japanese version.

posters - if your friend can make friends with one of the owner at this store (forgot where - i'll try to figure out where it is), s/he'll give you free posters.
Old 26th July 2006, 11:25 PM
Because of You Initiate

CDs pmall has the most. There's 3 legit CD stores there (Broadcast Drive, MHQ and the other I think is called CD Dog - all on the main floor).

There's 1 CD shop at FMP, and that's also Broadcast Drive

Posters, I know that there are some at CD Dog and in MHQ as well, not sure about Broadcast Drive.

Magazines, there're some at J-TOWN, but imo, they're kinda expensive (like $10+) and I think there are magazines at Broadcast Drive as well, but I think J-TOWN has the newer ones.
Old 26th July 2006, 11:32 PM

^ wheres J Town o_o
Old 26th July 2006, 11:54 PM
Because of You Initiate

^west of Steeles/Victoria Park. It's behind "Buffet City"
Old 27th July 2006, 12:19 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Oh, so there are legit CD stores in the Pacific Mall? Perfect!! There must be magazines there too eh? I guess $10+ isn't too much for them, since me and my friend would rarely get the chance to buy them otherwise.

would the CDs go for around the same price as you'd see on YesAsia etc.?
Old 27th July 2006, 12:21 AM
MY ALL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolution7931
Oh, so there are legit CD stores in the Pacific Mall? Perfect!! There must be magazines there too eh? I guess $10+ isn't too much for them, since me and my friend would rarely get the chance to buy them otherwise.
Just make sure that the CDs carry the AVEX logo before you buy them . And if you want pretty pony~pretty pony~pretty pony~ version, make sure they say AVCD, if you don't mind it being overseas keep your eye open for AVTCD, they're usually cheaper.

Quote:
If they'd go cheaper they got to be either used or bootlegs ^^. I suspect they'd cost more though.

Old 27th July 2006, 01:12 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolution7931

I went last week, and there were a few Ayu CD's. I remember there was LOVEppears, Memorial address, MY STORY, 2 CDLs, AT '03-'04 there (and more) Singles, there isn't that much (I think Broadcast Drive has the most singles). But in terms of price, I would say go to CD Dog, Broadcast Drive/MHQ inflates their prices imo. Whether or not YesAsia is cheaper, I remember the 'I am...' album being priced at CA$19.95 (+14% tax) at CD Dog (most of their albums are priced at $19.95, even the +DVD ones) YesAsia priced the 'I am...' album at CA$20.49 (+shipping, tax etc.) so I would say they are pretty much the same price (before the shipping costs are kicked in for YesAsia)

As mentioned, I'm not too too sure if there are Japanese magazines for sale in Pmall, the only one I can think of is at Broadcast Drive. The best bet to buy Ayu magazines is to go to J-TOWN cos I just saw 2 of them on Saturday. (I think it was a ViVi one, I forget)

Quote:
Originally Posted by immel
Just make sure that the CDs carry the AVEX logo before you buy them . And if you want pretty pony~pretty pony~pretty pony~ version, make sure they say AVCD, if you don't mind it being overseas keep your eye open for AVTCD, they're usually cheaper.
It'll pretty much be easy to spot them if the OBI has chinese on it or just check the back of the CD and it will say "for sale in Hong Kong, China, M'sia etc etc only"
Old 27th July 2006, 01:21 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Wow, thanks for all the info, ayu_fan929!
Old 27th July 2006, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu_fan929
The best bet to buy Ayu magazines is to go to J-TOWN cos I just saw 2 of them on Saturday. (I think it was a ViVi one, I forget)
Thanks for the location ^^ I'll be sure to check that store out
Old 14th August 2006, 01:12 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

I'm just gonna give a little follow up here :

First of all, ayu_fan929 your info helped my friend alot! Thanks!

So, my friend went to PMall yesterday and she actually hated it... She went in the first music store she saw, closest to the entrance, and she was looking for Ayumi products but she couldn't find them so she went to the clerk and said "Excuse me, do you have any CDs of Ayumi Hamasaki?" and then the girl went "UHH, LIKE, GO FIND IT YOURSELF!!!!!!" So my friend walked right out of that store because of how rude the clerk was...

So then she went into another one and she asked if they have any Ayumi products and they said "Well, we have her latest album". My friend doesnt follow Ayumi news that much but she knows that (miss)understood is the latest one so she said "Um, could you tell me when it was released?" and they said "In July, I think"... So my friend thought she'd get it for me since I probably wouldn't have it since it was so new. They asked her if she wanted "the pink version" or "the green version" and she said "green.." so she payed for it and left. and then when she was in the parking lot on her way out she looked at the tracklist and saw that there was only 6 songs and 3 videoclips and she was really angry because it wasn't an album like they said, but she was mainly mad because she thought that I'd be dissapointed...

So she was telling me all this on the phone last night and I thought it'd be a bootleg or something, but then I went "um, by the way, what does it say its called?" and she was like "it says Blue Bird" and I was like OMG YAY. THAT >IS< her lastest CD! They just got single mixed up with album! So my friend was happy because I'm so pumped...

Oh, and she said that she couldn't go to CD Dog because it wasn't listed in the Mall Directory so she couldn't find it o_O... oh, and she said that it made her angry how nobody knew what they were talking about when she asked questions but they still answered her and just made things up... and people gave her false directions too O_O...

but at least it turned out for the best! I got blue bird cd+dvd version b! YAYY!
Old 14th August 2006, 02:58 AM

Yea, Pmall is very very confusing. It all looks the same there but when you go there every weekend you get used to it. Glad your friend got the cd.