Ayu CAPS (includes merged threads) - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 13th July 2004, 05:50 AM
MY STORY Classical Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREA
This has always been pet peeve of mine. I can't stand seeing song titles not written in their original format ~_~ (ie people typing 'Never Ever' instead of 'NEVER EVER')
*hi-fives CREA*

Another who prefers correct capitalisation.

Recently Played Track

my music | last.fm| blog
Old 13th July 2004, 04:07 PM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

ROFL @ Ham xD

As to being unable to stand people who can't remember the original format of the title, I don't see what's so bad about it :x Although I guess it can be compared to being annoyed by people who type "liek thiz" and use "u", "r", "rite", etc.
Old 13th July 2004, 05:03 PM
Banned

There is no song called 'H'. ...

I'm like ~K+ and CREA, I have to have things perfectly how they were. It's not Rainbow or rainbow, it's RAINBOW.
There is a difference.
Old 13th July 2004, 05:52 PM
independent Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickleCookies

I'm like ~K+ and CREA, I have to have things perfectly how they were. It's not Rainbow or rainbow, it's RAINBOW.
There is a difference.

Or A, or &

set amazingly made by truehappiness

Old 13th July 2004, 06:05 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickleCookies

There is a difference.
EXACTLY! like Ayu's music writing name is CREA, not Crea or crea, etc.. and it bothers my a bit with i see "Opening Run" and not "opening Run" (the second one is the correct one)... but i have to admit... everyone once in a very rare blue moon i write Inspire instead of "INSPIRE".... oh well- not the end of the world (haha, no pun intended- but that is a good song).. hmm I don't know which letters are capitals in "end of the world"- can someone tell me?

俺の人生MyLife
Old 13th July 2004, 06:37 PM
Because of You Initiate

I think is like someone else above said.. that you put more strong feeling towrds that word.. it's like when you are yelling at someone on chat you HEY YOU!!! COME HERE! so thst's stronger than hey you! come here!
It looks totally diferent!

and it's End of the World

I guess it looks cooler too. Like instead or writing VOGUE or Vouge she wrote vogue beacuase who the word is presented.. like.. making capital any letter would not create smooth name.. i don't know if i make mayself clear.. it has to do with the design how the word looks the best.
"Being part of a group like this, with you guys! is awesome! so I salute you all." (1st July 2010, 11:17 PM)
"Adiós." (8th May 2011, 02:13 PM)
Old 13th July 2004, 07:41 PM
Connected Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by acharlyatl
I think is like someone else above said.. that you put more strong feeling towrds that word.. it's like when you are yelling at someone on chat you HEY YOU!!! COME HERE! so thst's stronger than hey you! come here!

I guess it looks cooler too. Like instead or writing VOGUE or Vouge she wrote vogue beacuase who the word is presented.. like.. making capital any letter would not create smooth name.. i don't know if i make mayself clear.. it has to do with the design how the word looks the best.
couldnt agree more...
i hate seeing Loveppears written, its no way near as effective as LOVEppears imo...

A Song for XY
煽動、戦争、懺悔、告解、欺瞞、謎、愛、そして別離…。

歩き続ける 唄い続ける 辛い現実が そこに待ってても 必ず行くよキミはきっと キズつきながら そして  悲しみながら 喜びながら 進むべき道は ひとつだから
Old 13th July 2004, 10:01 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by acharlyatl

Te entiendo, hombre. and thanks.. "End of the World" -another thing, i always put song titles in quotes because it's a copyrighted thing.
and by the way, your Harry Potter/Ayu avatar is AWESOME, man! that's probably one of the best things i've seen on this site. never thought of that.

俺の人生MyLife
Old 13th July 2004, 10:17 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

To be honest, I don't give a crap about the capitalisation. I write everything down in my own format, so that's Rainbow, End of the world, Hanabi, etcetera. I can't stand having things in a different format. I spend a lot of valuable time on making sure everything is in the same format. You should see my playlists and folders. No kidding, I'm autistic when it comes to that.
Old 14th July 2004, 01:39 AM
July 1st Initiate

I'm with everyone else when it comes to capitalizing her song titles.It has to be the the exact way it was printed.

Old 16th July 2004, 09:03 PM
Replace Initiate

Me too. Besides, there can be a difference sometimes... like "a song is born" is the duet version and "A Song is born" is ayu solo... Far away "HAL'S MIX 2000" is the early version of the mix on "ayu-mi-x II Non-Stop Mega Mix" and Far away "HAL's MIX 2000" is the finished version on the Far away single.
Old 19th July 2004, 07:14 AM
Banned

I'm the only one who disagrees I guess. I'm one of those people who can't stand when people start a sentence without a capital online..I always write them normal, for ex:INSPIRE for me is Inspire, and SEASONS is Seasons...
Old 1st October 2004, 03:50 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

I do feel that it's important to keep the capitalizations and what not in the titles, just as the name is an essential part of the song, so is the format of that name, ne
Old 1st October 2004, 04:31 AM
BEST Initiate

imagine though if her assistant was fire for not capping the titles

"i said EGG not egg, YOURE FIRED!"

[xanga]

Old 1st October 2004, 07:32 AM
monochrome Initiate

accidentally hits caps. or ayu is angry

Old 5th October 2004, 10:17 AM
Mirror Initiate

i really think it is very stupid to have gong titles with a set on caps/small letters. it is grammaticaly incorrect and it serves no purpose, apart from being incorrect.
Old 5th October 2004, 11:34 AM
SURREAL Initiate

extepan - there probably is a reason, just that we don't know what it is. If the song titles bug you, the Engrish aka Ayugrish found in songs like forgiveness must drive you crazy! (I sympathise, it annoys me too).

With so many releases a pattern would have shown up by now if there was any logic to song capitalisation. Note that Ayu probably doesn't make up most song titles herself, since her English isn't that good.

So my favourite theory is tl1029530921's - that the songs in capitals are those Ayu feels strongest about, or those that she likes most herself.

Last edited by LeButler; 5th October 2004 at 11:41 AM. Reason: de-capitalised "Extepan" ... but was that right or not since the name is at the start of a sentence? :)
Old 8th October 2004, 08:11 AM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

^Ayugrish, hahaha!!!!

But, I was so hoping that when I came to this thread again, someone would have solved this. I still wonder what the answer is. o_0

I just want to forget it all, without even saying "goodbye."
『Last minute』

Old 8th October 2004, 06:46 PM
poker face Initiate

I agree with acharlyatl. It's a combonation of the feel the song has and how smoothly the title looks written in a specific way. I think "vogue" is a great example. Just listen to the song and you'll see all lower-case letters. "VOGUE" is too harsh, and "Vogue" is too choppy and maybe even sterile. I follow the same practice in titling my own songs.

extepan, since when is art ever confined to rules of grammar? And that's what Ayu is when you get down to it -- an artist. Look at all of the "great" poets who blatantly disregard grammatical rules. Emily Dickinson never used periods, opting for dashes instead, for example. And poems are often punctuated uniquely, broken up, or even written in shapes. Just be glad the song isn't called

C,
A
R!
O
LS.

or something like that. Trying to apply conventional rules of thought to anything creative is just a useless challenge and a losing battle. It's like trying to order cubesteak at Starbucks, and then paying in Yen. Just relax and go with the flow, it's much more enjoyable and interesting that way.

Duty // You can see the end, however, you will not give in until you've reached it. You are strong and have a deep connection with the things around you. You will continue to live as you like until the end comes for you, and not a moment sooner. // Which Ayu song best describes you?
brought to you by Quizilla

Old 10th October 2004, 01:00 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by appears
^ ayu extends it 2 the japanese titled songs also...

kanariya
Hana
HANABI
and she chose one type of each... LOL