LOVE again thoughts? - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 20th February 2013, 09:19 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

I've been listening to Ayu for many years and recently found a lot of her songs and styles questionable to my taste.

This album, while isn't as fantastic as some of her older ones that I hold so dear, has quite a few highlights that I know I will be listening to for many years. I would say the last album that I thoroughly loved was My Story (8 years ago OMG!) from start to finish.

I was not a fan of Party Queen, and only a few select songs from Next Level, Rock n Roll Circus, Love Songs, etc. were songs I enjoyed loads. Love Songs almost got it and FIVE wasn't long enough to leave a lasting impression. This album has about 6 songs that I see as epic. Snowy Kiss is flawless, and can certainly see why it differs peoples opinions so much.

I don't want to judge too much (or pass any rankings yet) as I want to give it a bit more time to grow on me to make my final decision.

I'm one of those people that doesn't need an edgy or catchy song to interest me. I need the emotion, the composition, the music, the power and meaning in the voice to connect with me. This album is almost on my wavelength entirely.
Old 22nd February 2013, 06:33 AM
I am... Initiate

I thought this was a much better album than PQ. At least all the tracks were decent and easy on the ears, plus s4u, melody and (to a lesser extent) sweet scar PVs were really interesting and artistic. What she was thinking for the other PVs except missing I will never know. What an image-breaker.
Old 22nd February 2013, 01:27 PM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

I've learned something these days.
With an artist with a production such intense it's difficult to keep the high level all the time. An artist is completely aware that one of her album is not as good than another one. If you use all your stock of good songs all the time, you condition the fan to the best and then at the end the production collapse because it's difficult to keep the same inspiration. Maybe you've noticed that these years, mine or less, one album on two is good, I loved Love songs and now this one Love again and was really disappointed by Party Queen and Next Level (well not as much as Party Queen)

Party Queen was obviously a light album just made to make a little money and do a tour to make money as well. Ayu knew that the 15th anniversary album was going to be great (she was surrounded by her best team) and maybe she will sell more albums with a good critic!

I just wanna demonstrate that the quality of an album is not about "ignorance" but "marketing".

Last edited by ayunewfan; 22nd February 2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old 22nd February 2013, 02:53 PM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

Sorry guys, but I still don't like this album. Too dull and bland for my liking, none of the album tracks are memorable to me in any way, shape, or form. As for the tracks originally on Love and Again, I'd say they're more memorable but they just don't grab out at me, and they never have. I actually prefer Party Queen, in fact I've come to really love its schizophrenic nature in regards to the genre changes. I enjoy the imaginative chaos of it all, and it's the last Ayumi album with songs that really blew me away ("Party Queen", "A Cup Of Tea", "The Next Love", "Eyes, Smoke, Magic", and even, dare I say it, "NaNaNa", despite the questionable rapping, had something in its attitude that was so strong and fierce). I'm just going to pretend that Love Again never happened. Certainly won't be buying it. Sorry if that offends anyone, I promise it wasn't my intention!

FROG!
Old 1st March 2013, 04:20 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

I hated it. Very boring. I understood the feeling Ayu wanted to transmit with this album but I think she failed. The only track I liked was Bye-bye darling that sounds like a YUI's song. The songs are too similar. You listen one and you listened the whole album. I will pass this album.

Old 2nd March 2013, 07:49 PM
no more words Initiate

I thought it was going to be like another Love songs, but thankfully it was slightly better than that.

~ last.fm ~ crochet blog ~ twitter ~

Old 2nd March 2013, 08:23 PM
Far away Initiate

After a few listens, I LOVE this album. The only weak points for me are Bye-bye darling and Missing, other than that, it's flawless. Putting "snowy kiss", "Sweet scar", and "petal" right after one another was genius, the transition into each song flows so well.

"SAKURA" is such a beautiful song, along with "Gloria", I can't get enough of them And putting "You & Me" at the end was genius, the album starts and ends with a bang

♥♥
Underneath the blue sky&your dazzling smile
--
倖田來未
Old 3rd March 2013, 12:53 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Party Queen is prabably her most personal album to date... For sure it's her first personal album without her playing victim.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 3rd March 2013, 01:29 AM
appears Initiate

My god!!! "Gloria" is definitely my favourite song from "LOVE again"...i dreamed of the PV...the PV start with ayu and her friends partying, with the song "Party Queen" almost ends, and she sat there with her friends laughing and all..she just sat there quietly and start to walk away from the crowd and in slow motion the song start and ayu start singing..walking away from the party..people still drinks and dancing in slow motion..she look and passing them..in the end she's outside, in a garden, in the moonlight, looking up..<3. What do you guys think?
Old 3rd March 2013, 03:45 PM
TO BE Initiate

I love this album. I honestly think it's her best yet! It's a very mature and accomplished album!
Old 8th March 2013, 01:51 PM
no more words Initiate

I quite like Love Again. To be honest, I didn't take an immediate liking to any of the singles (except for "Missing") released prior to this, so I think it's a big deal for me to like this album. All the songs work together in an album format, but I didn't like them on their own... hmm. It's kind of the same for Love songs: I liked the single songs enough, but putting them in an actual album made much more sense. Oddly enough, these are the only two albums I feel this way about; all other albums I pick and choose favourites.

After a disappointing album (for me), this was certainly a refresher.
Old 19th March 2013, 10:03 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

I really like the album, it's such a nice flowing release!
Though it gets a bit boring in between as the songs have the same feeling/atmosphere.
My 3 favoruites are petal, Bye bye darling and Sakura.
petal is my absolutely favourite! <3
Overall I prefer the new album songs over the single(mini album) songs by far, I like them all.
But as I see I'm pretty much the only one thinking like that, lol.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 19th March 2013, 10:56 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

at first i didnt like it that much, but reading the interviews and listening to it very carefuly again and again i found how this album is concise and respectable.. it's surely better than Party Queen
Old 8th April 2013, 05:59 PM
SAKURA Initiate

"LOVE again" is a very nice album! i really enjoyed listening to it. i liked all the songs, but my most favorites are "Wake me up", "Song 4 u", "SAKURA", "Bye-bye darling", "Sweet scar", and "gloria".

"Bye-bye darling" is really awesome! "SAKURA" & "gloria are really sweet ballads, too.

the booklet of the album is so pretty, too! ayu looks beautiful in all the pictures.

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 14th April 2013, 11:28 PM
MY STORY Initiate

I have listened to it just once and I need to say that I don't even remember what the songs sounds like anymore. As someone who loves Party Queen a lot, I'd say that LOVE again isn't my taste at all. So many songs sounded bland and uniteresting for me. I loved PQ's experimental sound so much that I think I had wai expectations a bit too high. LOVE again needs Timmy's composations. With those I would have loved it more. Maybe I will learn to like this album at some point too, because it sometimes takes a lot of time for me to like Ayu's albums. I just need to wait for the next boom to hit me and then listen to this more.

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 12th March 2014, 07:44 PM
Secret Initiate

Hey guys! Sorry for bumping an old thread. I ordered the CD+Blu-ray from YesAsia (it was on sale!) and it just arrived! I've been giving it a lot of listens so I can formulate an opinion on it.

THE FLAWLESS!

Sweet scar, Missing, and Untitled for her… story 2 are absolutely flaw-free songs. I have been listening to them on repeat for so long! Untitled is really special to me because I got into Ayu around the time GUILTY had come out, and it just feels like a journey I've walked with Ayu when she decided to release story 2. Sweet scar is very easy on the ears and Ayu sounds beautiful. Missing is such a throwback to her older works and it just makes me feel nostalgic!

THE GREAT!

I enjoyed a lot of the other songs on this album. Especially Wake me up, Song 4 u, SAKURA, and Melody. They're all great songs in their own respects!

THE MEH...

Why did Ayu think it was okay to place task'n'bass and glasses on this album? They literally do not fit anywhere on this release. Both songs are great in their own respects, but what the fuck Ayu? The way she did the interludes on Party Queen flowed so well, why did she mess up for this release?

THE AWFUL

Awful takes form in snowy kiss, petal, Gloria, and Ivy. Dear Lord. snowy kiss goes on for two minutes too long. petal is so unmemorable, Gloria and Ivy literally sound the same or maybe I should stop listening to the way those two songs are next to each other on the album.

And You & Me…this song was on EVERYTHING ever since she released A SUMMER BEST. It needs to go away ugh! Also, the mastering on this album was awful…Ayu's vocals sound fine but the way the mastering makes it crack at times and her voice just overpowers the music at moments. Idk how to word it.

But anyway, this album was actually a really nice listen. Nothing awful, but definitely nothing remarkable. It's just Ayu playing it safe, I suppose. Sweet scar, Missing, and Untitled for her… story 2 are on constant repeat though. Loooooove those songs! Also, I adore the lyric booklet. So cute!
Old 12th March 2014, 08:51 PM
SEASONS Initiate

OMG, nooo!!! snowy kiss and petal are like the jewels of the album. Form me it is Sweet scar and Gloria a tend tend to skip most.

Old 13th March 2014, 02:33 AM
Secret Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by marekcarey View Post
OMG, nooo!!! snowy kiss and petal are like the jewels of the album. Form me it is Sweet scar and Gloria a tend tend to skip most.
I LOVE the introduction to petal, but I just can never remember how it goes! I've listened to it well over ten times and still have no idea how the melody goes!

snowy kiss is not awful by any means. I actually enjoy it. But tasuku made it way too long lol I don't have issues with long songs but this one doesn't really excite me for it's length.
Old 13th March 2014, 08:12 AM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NintendoHTF1242 View Post
I LOVE the introduction to petal, but I just can never remember how it goes! I've listened to it well over ten times and still have no idea how the melody goes!

snowy kiss is not awful by any means. I actually enjoy it. But tasuku made it way too long lol I don't have issues with long songs but this one doesn't really excite me for it's length.
You're right about Snowy Kiss. It's a fresh song in ayu's discography but way too long. I agree about Sweet scar. This song is the best song from LOVE again and one of my favourite ballads from her. About the interludes, I don't really have a problem with them ( I love glasses with its nostalgic sounds) , but task'n'bass is a bit out of place. With petal, Gloria and untitled ~for her II I have a strange relationship, sometimes I connect really well with them but there are times when I find them boring.
Old 13th March 2014, 09:23 PM
Banned

I LOVE

Snowy Kiss
Ivy
petal
sweet scar

The album has her best songs... but if it were half dance with half of the album songs then it'd get more praise

Tags
love again