About RAINBOW - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 15th February 2006, 04:56 PM
UNITE! Initiate

About RAINBOW

I have two questions for this:

1. Is she singing at the end "No ran CAN get the rainbow" or "No rain CAN'T get the rainbow"? It's REALLY confusing me...

2. Why is there many versions of her in different colors, and then at the end, there's only one of her in black? I can't really download the PV, but I've seen screencaps on it, and it's REALLY confusing and I'm just not getting it... (maybe it's because I'm blonde when it comes to "Ayu-terminology") xD

9/9/11 - I'll never forget that night. It will be cherished forever.

❧ set by me ❧ if you'd like one, pm me please

Old 15th February 2006, 05:14 PM
BEST Initiate

1. Can't. It doesn't make sense the other way and if you listen closely, you can just hint that little 't' sound. Very hard to define though!!

2. VERY good point! I never realised that. The whole different colour thing of course good be in theme with the different colours of the rainbow, black and white?

I personally think because maybe in the colour spectrum, you can all these colours, and if you were one of them, you'd be like, in the middle of it all? But white sort of means the lack of colour, and black means all of the colours, so in a way, white can resemble the start, and black can resemble the end. I guess in a way it is like saying, now that I have found inner-self peace, I am at the end of the grey, unsure area (the different inbetween colours), so I'm black, but I'm also white because this is a start of a whole new way of life.

My theory ^_^ Or maybe she just looks pretty in black and white
Old 15th February 2006, 05:14 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

1. "no rain, CAN'T get the rainbow" with out the hardships, you can't get a good outcome.

2. different colors=RAINBOW i think in the end she didn't need all those colors. she was fine being just Ayu in the now in black *shrugs* sometimes you just have to interpret it as what you think it is...

thanks to georgiaannaa on LJ for the gorgeous YamaPi gif from Namie's UNUSUAL PV <3
Old 15th February 2006, 10:10 PM
no more words Initiate

1. "no rain, can't get the rainbow"..i too had a hard time figuring this out. No offense, but sometimes Ayu has awful English pronounciation.

2. I just assumed it had to do w/ the title of the song, "Rainbow". Now that i think about it...hmmm...she ran through all of the spectrum to find herself? remember that white and black are not colors; they are just values. when she was wearing white, may be it means that she found her young, "purer" self.
Personally, i don't think there's supposed to be a meaning behind it. But if you want to watch the video, you can see it at http://www.youtube.com

Old 16th February 2006, 07:47 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

The general thought about RAINBOW PV is about Ayu reconciliating with her past self, so maybe all those different colour outfits represent Ayu at different times in her life until she reaches the time when she can reconciliate with her past self.

"Once you turn into a memory, you exist inside me forever
& that's the cruelest thing there is..."
-18.12.08- -25.06.09- -29.02.12- -06.08.13-

. . . . . .
Old 16th February 2006, 10:32 PM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibi_sunny
2. I just assumed it had to do w/ the title of the song, "Rainbow". Now that i think about it...hmmm...she ran through all of the spectrum to find herself? remember that white and black are not colors; they are just values. when she was wearing white, may be it means that she found her young, "purer" self.
That's a good theory!
Old 23rd February 2006, 08:52 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

wow, everyone has such intersting interpretations of this PV
Old 23rd February 2006, 09:02 AM
HONEY Protector

Location: Oxford, UK (originally from Vancouver Island, Canada)
Japanese doesnt have many consonant clusters, so when she sings the 'nt' it sounds like she's just saying 'can'...

That's a nice interpretation chibi_sunny, I quite agree with that

Check out my shop with handmade book jewellery!
Shop: www.coryographies.etsy.com --- Blog: www.coryographies.blogspot.com
Other blog: www.palaeolinguist.blogspot.com --- Other forum: www.linguistforum.com