[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread of TROUBLE - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 22nd August 2018, 05:38 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruan Borges View Post
Sometimes I feel that people have a fetish for artists to retire lol

The sales are fine, I'm happy with TROUBLE, but I want new music already >_<
I really don't get the retire thing with japanese artists, specially women. Stop listening if you want the artist to stop so badly

愛されたいと願うあたしが誰のことも
愛せないことにあなたはきっと
気付いたのね

Old 22nd August 2018, 05:45 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I really don't get the retire thing with japanese artists, specially women. Stop listening if you want the artist to stop so badly
Artistes retire due to a variety of reasons and not just Japanese female artistes do that , Japanese male artistes do so as well

BOØWY's Himuro Kyosuke-san retired 2 years ago due to problems with his hearing

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 22nd August 2018, 07:39 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^Namie had very low sales for that period standarts during the 1st half of the 00's and her sales were declining again. Had she not retired she would be at the same point Ayu is right now in a few years.

Also, people used to say the same shit about Namie they say about Ayu nowadays during her lowest.

There's nothing extraordinary happening, really.
I'm not so sure about that. I mean, in general public opinion for Namie is extremely high and has been for a very long time. Even at her low points, her vocals, looks, music etc., were never really criticized, only her personal life. For Ayu though, she gets criticized about absolutely everything and has been held in fairly low regard publicly for many years now.

I don't think that's right at all, and I do think there are asinine reasons for it, I just don't think it's right to say that Namie went through the same thing and would likely be going through it again. The two aren't all that equatable imo.
Old 22nd August 2018, 08:28 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Ayumi is definitely more comparable to the back clash that Seiko Matsuda or Akina Nakamori got in the 90´s after a full decade on the top during the 80´s ... especially Seiko with her tremendous love life lol
The exemple of Namie is quite an anomaly on the Japanese market and it will probably remain unique !

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 22nd August 2018, 09:48 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
I'm not so sure about that. I mean, in general public opinion for Namie is extremely high and has been for a very long time. Even at her low points, her vocals, looks, music etc., were never really criticized, only her personal life. For Ayu though, she gets criticized about absolutely everything and has been held in fairly low regard publicly for many years now.

I don't think that's right at all, and I do think there are asinine reasons for it, I just don't think it's right to say that Namie went through the same thing and would likely be going through it again. The two aren't all that equatable imo.
I started to listen to jpop around the time Namie was at her lowest, and on the forums I read she was treated her like a has been that only fanatic stans cared about, desperate to sell through a growing sexualized image that should retire already. Some even started "ironically" liking her before being completely sold around the Queen of Hip hop/Play/Best Fiction eras.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 22nd August 2018, 11:40 PM
Startin' Protector

I think the comparison works when we're talking about Western fans, because I was around in the early 00s and listening to both ayu and namie and... yeah, the air online was definitely the opposite it is today. From Break the Rules -> early QoHP era things were dire for Namie fans. I got into her through Put em Up and woo boy the crap I got, lol.

I do compare Ayu's trajectory more to Seiko and Akina though. Seiko is probably more comparable, but Akina is my second favorite artist after Ayu and I see a looooot of similarities. But it also makes me kinda happy because Akina is still releasing great albums (well, I really loved her recent 80's cover album and FIXER and I'm probably one of the only people who liked DIVA) and doing her thing. Of course, it would only be worth it if it's what Ayu wants to do. She's said as much, but I can imagine all the constant criticism doesn't help one's mood.

My partner is the huge Seiko fan in our relationship and through her I've learned all about THE DARK TIME OF THE '90S lol. There are definitely similarities in terms of public opinion WRT getting more westernized and the relationship dramas. Unfortunately Akina's big downfall moment was the suicide attempt :\ Her image never quite recovered through the 90s and she's had a lot of issues, both mental and physical (hey-o scabies), since then. I have a feeling Ayu's career is gonna be a lot like theirs in that she'll be an active legend doing her thing. She'll get some press for new releases, she'll have her hardcore fans and those that come and go as the nostalgic winds claim them, and people will be analyzing and picking apart their careers like we are now lol.

Basically, being a top J-pop diva is hazardous to one's health. Some definitely navigate it better than others, though. I hope Ayu can stay strong and keep on doing her thing, whatever that is.
Old 23rd August 2018, 05:49 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I started to listen to jpop around the time Namie was at her lowest, and on the forums I read she was treated her like a has been that only fanatic stans cared about, desperate to sell through a growing sexualized image that should retire already. Some even started "ironically" liking her before being completely sold around the Queen of Hip hop/Play/Best Fiction eras.
I also started listening to Namie in the early 2000s's, and yes, that is true.
I mean she went from million sales after million sales in the 90s to much less, so that kind of criticism was inevitable. But again, she was never criticized for anything other than being a has been with some spotty personal life bits here and there, but nobody criticized her really beyond that -- vocally, looks, etc. But I take your point; just don't really think it's the best comparison.

I like the Akina/Seiko comparison more, although Seiko did have the anamoly big hit in 1996, six plus years after her prime.
Old 23rd August 2018, 11:05 AM

Week 2 Day 2 - #7

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5852279370

Wow :O

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 23rd August 2018, 11:28 AM
P.S II Initiate

^Wow! From #38 to #7 in a day. I wonder what boosted the sales.
Old 23rd August 2018, 11:31 AM
appears Initiate

now this is a surprise
Old 23rd August 2018, 11:35 AM
Two of us Initiate

Oh wow!! I was hoping so badly for another boost. This is really good!
I wonder how much more she's going to sell after a-nation.
Old 23rd August 2018, 11:53 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

The drop to #38 happened due to the new releases being out. Majority of those probably sell really badly, so they dropped to under 300-400 copies xD Would be nice if it were an actual boost and that she manages to crack 30k this week.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 23rd August 2018 at 11:55 AM.
Old 23rd August 2018, 02:51 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linza-mo View Post
when I see Ai Otsuka's sale I feel so sad and angry, her last albums are really good and she's touring a lot, but she keep going her career and project, and that's great)
Wow, I just looked and that's a shocking drop. It must be hard to see your numbers change so much.

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 23rd August 2018, 04:04 PM
Far away Initiate

2nd week digital
Sales: 1,476

First post updated

Hey, the reason of this smile and the meaning of this word can't be understood
Because I don't even want to make them understood
— until that Day...

Last edited by Uknow!; 23rd August 2018 at 04:10 PM.
Old 23rd August 2018, 04:41 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

I am so glad that sales are getting better
Old 24th August 2018, 03:57 AM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamadashun View Post
^Wow! From #38 to #7 in a day. I wonder what boosted the sales.
some fans say that avex were replenishing TROUBLE's stock, hence the boost...
Old 24th August 2018, 10:06 AM
I am... Initiate

Ayu is also much older now than Namie was then. That likely plays into the backlash, too. "Almost 40, two divorces, no children."

When it comes to Ayu's voice, I observed something. Reading the comments to an old performance on youtube (I don't remember which one) someone asked who made her sing from her throat, because that's bad for the throat. Someone said that if it wasn't for that high voice she wouldn't have been selling as much. So it's basically not about skill and technique, but about her tone.
I'm curious to know what would have been if she'd properly attended singing classes before her debut. We'll never know.

I was also suprised to see that Otsuka Ai's latest albums (I don't know about LOVE HONEY, though) didn't even make it into the top 20. So Ayu isn't doing all too bad for herself.

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」

Old 24th August 2018, 11:08 AM

Week 2 Day 3 - #27

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5853622460

Old 24th August 2018, 11:10 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

^ Drop again? Maybe tommorow she will chart better.
Old 24th August 2018, 01:12 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga-chan View Post
Ayu is also much older now than Namie was then. That likely plays into the backlash, too. "Almost 40, two divorces, no children."

When it comes to Ayu's voice, I observed something. Reading the comments to an old performance on youtube (I don't remember which one) someone asked who made her sing from her throat, because that's bad for the throat. Someone said that if it wasn't for that high voice she wouldn't have been selling as much. So it's basically not about skill and technique, but about her tone.
I'm curious to know what would have been if she'd properly attended singing classes before her debut. We'll never know.

I was also suprised to see that Otsuka Ai's latest albums (I don't know about LOVE HONEY, though) didn't even make it into the top 20. So Ayu isn't doing all too bad for herself.
I don't think Ayu ever got proper vocal lessons until the 2010's to be honest. Before that she was always going for that iconic but unhealthy singing she is known for. Over here, not that much, but there is always a comment here or there on Youtube videos complaining about her singing while she is actually doing well.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Tags
oricon, trouble