Is Ayu EVER coming to America? - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 23rd January 2009, 12:35 PM
BALLAD Initiate

^protesting is not needed, but a huge petition with millions of signatures of fans urging her to go to US might do the trick.
This will bring awareness to avex that there are many fans out of Asia who wants to see ayu too

My Instagram

Old 23rd January 2009, 12:38 PM
Over Initiate

Yes to protesting! And we should bring our country's flag too. To umm...show the diversity of Ayufans.

Yeah.

How bout it, an online petition. But who knows, avex might just toss it aside.

honto no watashi wo anata wa wakaranai

Old 23rd January 2009, 12:53 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by majrakun View Post
Yes to protesting! And we should bring our country's flag too. To umm...show the diversity of Ayufans.

Yeah.

How bout it, an online petition. But who knows, avex might just toss it aside.
From what I've heard, written petitions always work better than email/online ones because they really can't ignore them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacusClyne View Post
^protesting is not needed, but a huge petition with millions of signatures of fans urging her to go to US might do the trick.
This will bring awareness to avex that there are many fans out of Asia who wants to see ayu too
That's true... but millions... hm.
Old 23rd January 2009, 02:19 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Many japanese bands came to America, so why not Ayu? Luna Sea came to Europe and America for several concerts, the GazettE came to Germany and filled a 6000 people hall in cologne, even HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR came to America to perform and their NOT famous xD
Old 23rd January 2009, 06:29 PM
still alone Initiate

Location: Uruguay (little south american country, have you heard of it??)
Quote:
Originally Posted by noidea View Post
Many japanese bands came to America, so why not Ayu? Luna Sea came to Europe and America for several concerts, the GazettE came to Germany and filled a 6000 people hall in cologne, even HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR came to America to perform and their NOT famous xD
Yeah, but Ayu asks for a lot of money to perform, and staging any of her shows would cost millions... And, like pommy said, she's not at a point of her career to do another TA LIMITED TOUR
Old 23rd January 2009, 07:06 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Obviously, she's been to different parts of America to record songs and do shoots and videos and stuff, but she's never performed...

Maybe she'll see how RULE affects her popularity outside of Asia? It's being released with the Dragonball movie all over the world, so there are going to be MILLIONS of people who will most likely hear Ayu's song, and if a lot of people start asking for her to release more things outside of Asia, she might do that...

♥ Ayu fan since September 2006 ♥

Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
ASIA TOUR 2008 - June 29, 2008
ARENA TOUR 2009 - June 20, 2009 | June 21, 2009
ARENA TOUR 2012 - April 7, 2012 | April 8, 2012

Old 25th January 2009, 06:34 AM
LOVE~Destiny~H-Initiate

i thought there was an online petition quite some time ago to get ayu to perform in north america...i wonder wat happenend to that at the end

Thanks Omega Prime for the ava!!! And Delirium-Zer0 for reviving it!!
Old 25th January 2009, 06:20 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi27 View Post
Yeah, but Ayu asks for a lot of money to perform, and staging any of her shows would cost millions... And, like pommy said, she's not at a point of her career to do another TA LIMITED TOUR
That's kind of greedy isn't it? Lmao. I'd hate to believe she's like that. If she's got a lot of fans here in such a "remote" place compared to Japan, she might do it because it'll make her real happy. Of course she'd have to find a venue that would be able to afford her. I'm thinking something like Madison Square Garden, or even smaller. The only question is how many fans will come. If no one buys tickets they can't really cover costs...for the most part I think Ayu fans are scattered around America. Not a lot of people would show up unless everyone flew in from different states.
Old 25th January 2009, 06:33 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: where the Sexy little things Sparkle and sing Love songs (California)
Well, L'Arc~en~Ciel came to America, to perform at an ANIME CONVENTION and NO ONE EVER thought that they could get them here, money wise it would cost a lot, but they came! Same with Dir en grey. No one ever thought they would come to America, but they have been touring here regularly. I think Ayu should try it out. You'd be surprised at how many people would turn out for her show. People even fly over from Japan just to see them here. (The devoted fans do anyway.)

♥sweet&simple♥
ღGraphic Junkies, UNITE!ღ
Old 25th January 2009, 08:08 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Wow, at lot of you seem to be really negative. By that I mean, it looks as if your not very hopeful she'll preform in America or Europe.

I think it's a very strong possibility that within the next five years, she'll do a world tour. I'm thinking that her very last tour will also probably be a world tour. I donno... it just seems a very 'Ayu' thing to do to me.

When I first saw that this year's tour would only be a Japan tour and not Asia, I was thinking "Maybe she's going to rest for a couple of years and then tour the world!"
Old 25th January 2009, 08:10 PM
Far away Initiate

Yeah anime conventions are different from a real show or tour though. If they are invited as guests of honor and such it would be pretty cheap since it's only a 1-2 day thing. I'd imagine the expenses would be covered by such a large event. I saw T.M. Revolution back in April '08 at ComicCon. It was a one night thing inside a small theatre with maybe 100-200 people. GLAY recently did a 3-4 day tour in California in a live-house fashion. I'm referring to more of something like what Dir en Grey and GLAY did...coming here for their own tour and not as part of some event. DeG's foray here was far more extensive than other Japanese acts I'd imagine...except maybe the J-rock bands that participated in Taste of Chaos. It would really be hard to get her to come here...like I said all her fans are scattered. If she did come here it wouldn't be in many locations. Most definitely there would be a stop in New York and maybe L.A.; that would probably be it though.

When GLAY and miyavi came, they both limited their stay to 1-2 states max while DeG went to many states. She may be popular in Japan and all but I think her popularity is nothing here when compared to J-rock. J-rock is more universal than J-pop. To tell you the truth I'd rather see her in her own native country performing than have her come here.

Last edited by jimex289; 25th January 2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 25th January 2009, 08:15 PM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

^ The Japanese bands in Taste of Chaos didn't even come to Canada .____.
They went all over USA, then didn't even bother coming here..
I agree with you, I find that Jrock is much more popular than Jpop.

Anyway, I would LOVE to see Ayu perform outside of Asia,
but I don't think she'll just burst out and go all over the world o___o;
Probably start like in Europe first, then start moving further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownsarai View Post
People even fly over from Japan just to see them here. (The devoted fans do anyway.)
Hahaha.. This is so true!! I met so many of them..

this is "do or die", baby.

♥ made by pepicoladas

Old 25th January 2009, 08:32 PM
Far away Initiate

^Yeah, sorry about that. I went to go see D'espairsRay. The closest they came to Canada was probably upstate New York and the states on Canada's border lol.

When GLAY came to California, I can imagine some people from Japan flew over. The two places are so close together. That and there are a lot of Japanese living in California anyway.

Ayu would without a doubt hit up New York if she ever came to America. She LOVES New York, so I don't have to worry about not being able to see her if she ever held a concert here in the states. Another one would probably be like Los Angeles. Those are all the locations I can really think of lol... She might go to big international cities like Paris. In the end I think it would be more effective if she saw she had a lot of fans in a certain place. I'm sure her experience in Paris made her really happy; I read in a TA message that she was asking herself if she really left Japan rofl. Stuff like that would without a doubt make her want to hold a performance. She hasn't really been to many places though. Obviously she's visited locations in Asia the most and has already held overseas tours, but as for America it would probably only be New York, Hawaii, Los Angeles. In Europe it'd only be Paris I think. There could be more so I dunno. For her to come here she'd first have to start getting more international and not just Asia international...we need global international. That DBZ movie is a good step in that direction. Maybe some positive reception from her tie-in will convince her a little =).
Old 25th January 2009, 09:02 PM
TO BE Initiate

haha just go to j-melo website and request for Ayu and maybe avex will know how many US fans + ... she has and maybe she can do a small live XD (maybe)

Last.fm | twitter
Old 25th January 2009, 10:45 PM
from your letter Initiate

^^ J-Melo's a really good show, just started watching it 2 weeks ago

通り抜けた風がなんだか優しかった
明日の今頃もあなたを愛している

-theme of a-nation '03
Old 25th January 2009, 11:01 PM
SCAR Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corybobory View Post
Haha that would be so cool! But yes I somehow doubt it too :p

She could break out of the Inukshuk and suprise people with a song!!!
That's 3 now! Three's a crowd, Ayu will most definitely come now! xD
Old 25th January 2009, 11:02 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

There were SO many people that flew to America just to see their favorite Japanese band play here. So I would imagine most, if not all of TA would be there, plus all of us here at AHS I would imagine. I know if she performed in LA I would definitely go.

♥sweet&simple♥
Old 26th January 2009, 12:15 AM
P.S II Initiate

From TeamAyu 10. December 2008 ^^

Quote:
Yo, 'sup
No. 368 10 December 2008 4:55 PM

Yo, it's Chonchan. (^_^)/ (haha)

I forgot to mention something, so I came back.

There's been alot of talk about whether or not I'll make a worldwide debut, doing work in America, stuff like that, but really, in all honesty, it's a big "maybe" right now.

I'll always be here, nothing will change that.

So there's no need to feel lonely.
Source

Last edited by Maxker; 26th January 2009 at 12:20 AM.
Old 26th January 2009, 12:47 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

^yea..."maybe" could go either way I guess. But in all honesty, I hope it means YES...eventually anyway.

♥sweet&simple♥
Old 26th January 2009, 04:04 AM
End of the World Initiate

I dont think right now she WANTS to focus in America
it seems she wants to refocus on Japan for now,
While reaching to her asian audience.
I dont really think Avex knows if people will go to see her in America,
And I dont think it's in the books right now.

Bands like those Visual Kei bands or L'Arc~en~ciel, they can do those American tours because they are okay with just 2000 people or so.
But Avex does not want to waste time doing such little things, and gaining little revenue.
We all know Avex loves it when Ayumi puts on those BIG productions..
And we know Ayumi is not a stand there and sing kind of singer any more..
It feels weird without a grand stage, you know?
It's part of the reason you will go to see Ayumi Hamasaki.

So I feel like.. maybe one day in the future she will go to America for a performance or so,
But in the immediate future or so, I dont believe it will happen.. =[