ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary ~ [III] - Page 20 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 1st July 2018, 01:33 PM
YOU Initiate

I have been back from Japan for a while now but I haven't posted anything about the tour! I went to see her for the first time in Fukuoka and then Hiroshima. Thank you guys for those who bought my tickets from me in Fukuoka! I didn't manage to sell my 2 Hiroshima tickets (I did on Viagogo, but they wouldn't let me sell them because I had to pick up at the venue and they tried to give me a penalty fee that cost more than the tickets! I cut my bank details off the site and ran away), but overall it was only slightly more expensive than it needed to be...

Here are some pics! My boyfriend doesn't know many songs but he had a nice time anyway (and he was the one who caught the ball!). I was too busy crying. If I think back to it now, I start to cry as well. I have been an Ayu fan for so many years. It makes me upset that people niggle and complain over little things in the tour when she always puts on a stellar performance. There are always people who complain that she always plays evolution, but if I traveled 6000 miles and she didn't play evolution, I'd be a bit heartbroken. Y'all take her for granted sometimes.

https://i.imgur.com/CFOS1FV.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/asvcNAK.jpg

I had a very good time! It might not have been 7 Days Special or something fancier, but it was still my first time seeing Ayu and that is special to me! I hope I can see more, but if she decides to retire I will still be thankful.
Old 1st July 2018, 06:17 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesweetseason View Post
There are always people who complain that she always plays evolution, but if I traveled 6000 miles and she didn't play evolution, I'd be a bit heartbroken.
YES! XD
Old 2nd July 2018, 03:06 AM
rainy day Initiate

evolution is such a fun song live!
Old 2nd July 2018, 05:43 AM
LOVE~Destiny~H-Initiate

what is 'special final' in 19?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxaskh2fm View Post
OK, back to Brazil and my thoughts about the Ishikawa concert:

- The arena was soooooooo tiny! Gave me a feeling of an ~intimate performance~. Every seat was good and I got PERFECT seats, near the main stage and the catwalk. Ayu, Timmy and some dancers saw me sometimes XD

- same setlist

- I don't like that "Susana Vieira" hair, but... life goes on.

- We can't compare this concert to the original PoM. (and please, never compare to the DVD!) It was another vibe. The original was sad and serious, about lost, sadness and hope. This one was about joy, happiness and overcoming things. Ayu was laughing and smiling every time. We can see the difference in forgiveness. The end of BRILLANTE was different, this time she "defeated the demon". We can see a storyline in this concert.

- I don't think she was overdramatic the entire concert. The only one part that I was "gurl please stop" was the last part of Mad World. It was totally unnecessary.

- Loved the new versions of evolution (finishing the song with the lalalala was epic) and ever free, but NEXT LEVEL was really boring. The original one is more emotional.

- Yes, it was my first concert and I Cried in every song, even Catcher In The Light XD

- I never liked Curtain Call but the performance was really powerful. A good song for an encore.

- As always, she slayed in A song for XX. Amazing vocals, lights and performance.

- Saw again backstage people with the 2019 dates shirt. Maybe it will be an upgraded version for the DVD like the last PoM.

- Missed a new song for the 20th like Mirrorcle World and Tell All.

- how beautiful you are was the climax of the concert. An amazing performance and and made me think that it was a concert about overcoming as a lgbt+ person. It fits in the song choices and order with the storytelling and, for me, that was the power of music that she wanted to "project" with this concert.

- We always expect more of Ayu. Every concert she gave us something new or different or something BOOM like a new song with the big cross XD This was really about the essence of the lyrics.

- I wanted more? Yes. If she performed AT06 or RnRC 7 Days Special i would want more too. We will always want more. It's not my favorite tour but not a bad one.

Now I can't wait to go to another tour in 2020! (and really thinking about going to the "special final" in 19)

Thanks Omega Prime for the ava!!! And Delirium-Zer0 for reviving it!!
Old 2nd July 2018, 06:57 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
- Saw again backstage people with the 2019 dates shirt. Maybe it will be an upgraded version for the DVD like the last PoM.
If DVDs are still a thing for Ayu. There haven't been concert releases for ages. I wonder why? Not enough people buying to bother? I thought at least super expensive TeamAyu releases were profitable.
Old 2nd July 2018, 07:54 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
If DVDs are still a thing for Ayu. There haven't been concert releases for ages. I wonder why? Not enough people buying to bother? I thought at least super expensive TeamAyu releases were profitable.
I think it´s more likley a Complete Live Box Style Release with JTB + PoM.

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 2nd July 2018, 08:57 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

It's probable that they just wanted to save it all for one big release.

They likely want to do CD+DVD/BD+LIVE again so Just the beginning's tour will probably come out alongside the album with CDL coming too as TA only or something.
Old 2nd July 2018, 09:09 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
If DVDs are still a thing for Ayu. There haven't been concert releases for ages.
''Made in Japan'' BluRay was released a year and a half ago. Last year, there was no album, no new material to promote, the tour was a filler and they probably judged people wouldn't care to buy it.
Old 4th July 2018, 07:35 AM
Sky high Protector

Quote:

- The arena was soooooooo tiny! Gave me a feeling of an ~intimate performance~. Every seat was good and I got PERFECT seats, near the main stage and the catwalk. Ayu, Timmy and some dancers saw me sometimes XD

- same setlist

- We can't compare this concert to the original PoM. (and please, never compare to the DVD!) It was another vibe. The original was sad and serious, about lost, sadness and hope. This one was about joy, happiness and overcoming things. Ayu was laughing and smiling every time. We can see the difference in forgiveness. The end of BRILLANTE was different, this time she "defeated the demon". We can see a storyline in this concert.

- I don't think she was overdramatic the entire concert. The only one part that I was "gurl please stop" was the last part of Mad World. It was totally unnecessary.

- Loved the new versions of evolution (finishing the song with the lalalala was epic) and ever free, but NEXT LEVEL was really boring. The original one is more emotional.

- Yes, it was my first concert and I Cried in every song, even Catcher In The Light XD

- I never liked Curtain Call but the performance was really powerful. A good song for an encore.

- As always, she slayed in A song for XX. Amazing vocals, lights and performance.

- how beautiful you are was the climax of the concert. An amazing performance and and made me think that it was a concert about overcoming as a lgbt+ person. It fits in the song choices and order with the storytelling and, for me, that was the power of music that she wanted to "project" with this concert.

- We always expect more of Ayu. Every concert she gave us something new or different or something BOOM like a new song with the big cross XD This was really about the essence of the lyrics.

- I wanted more? Yes. If she performed AT06 or RnRC 7 Days Special i would want more too. We will always want more. It's not my favorite tour but not a bad one.

Now I can't wait to go to another tour in 2020! (and really thinking about going to the "special final" in 19)
Thank you for your review. It's great that you had a good experience with this concert.
Old 9th July 2018, 04:48 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Anyone has Osaka Jo Hall seat plan?
Old 9th July 2018, 06:56 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

https://www.osaka-johall.com/seat/

Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
Old 9th July 2018, 11:25 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ View Post
thank you ! cant wait to attend her show for first time !
Old 9th July 2018, 12:19 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

It will be most likley Type B seating for 11k ppl.

Old 10th July 2018, 06:55 AM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Does anyone want to sell 1 ticket on final day - Osaka Jo Hall - July 22nd? Please message me if you want so.
Old 10th July 2018, 07:10 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:

- same setlist

I like youe review
Old 10th July 2018, 07:34 AM
Don't look back Initiate

Quote:

- same setlist

Nice review!

Now im just hoping on 1st Jan 2019, she will drop A SONG FOR XX ~20TH ANNIVERSARY ver.~
Old 10th July 2018, 09:15 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedreamer View Post
Nice review!

Now im just hoping on 1st Jan 2019, she will drop A SONG FOR XX ~20TH ANNIVERSARY ver.~
MY DREAM! <3
Old 13th July 2018, 11:27 PM
Initiate

How coincidental that, before Power of Music 2011, the tour was changed in response to Tohoku earthquakes. Now, as she heads into the final two dates of Power of Music 2018, Japan has had another natural disaster with death toll around 200 deaths
Old 14th July 2018, 03:36 AM
æternal Initiate

^over the past few years there were also natural disasters that have happened here and eg. Kumamoto Earthquake etc. Japan has been on roll since 2011

facebook | instagram | twitter

Old 18th July 2018, 12:16 PM
YOU Initiate

Maybe I´m in Osaka at the Weekend. Then I would like to go to Ayu Concert.
Does anyone know the locations of resellers in Osaka?
Closed Thread

Tags
20th anniversary, arena tour 2018, power of music