Mad World full PV - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 23rd June 2016, 07:28 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Mad World full PV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
(may be unviewable for some due to copyright issues)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baernash View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeReSu View Post
If you don't want to DL Mad World here it is on streaming!

https://www.facebook.com/24854211883...4935267253835/
It aired about 11 hours ago and was uploaded a few hours after. Seems they did cut the middle part from the short version!

Somehow a lot of angles remind me of CAROLS from this.
Old 23rd June 2016, 07:46 PM
TO BE Initiate

thank you!
its a nice ideo to have it all the way black and white! i like it, its ok for me! i guess they cut the second chorus out because she isn't doing anything except for standing there and singing! real emotions though! !!

I want to turn into a flower, grow thorns,
wither, fall and rot away
Don’t pick me up, leave me
Forget me

Old 23rd June 2016, 07:50 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

:/

this videos have a lot of meaning and emotions, but as "video clips" are very boring

FLOWER is a mess, ayu steps in and out of frame, making an hilarious-rage performance. Then MAD WORLD; more than 2 minutes singing and crying (nothing new) and then ending with cheap and extra-dramatic symbolism.

i think it would be CD only for me, the nice quality of the songs are enough on this times.

Last edited by perfectodub; 23rd June 2016 at 07:58 PM.
Old 23rd June 2016, 08:55 PM
End of the World Initiate

I like "CAROLS" and "HEAVEN" (even if they are both static) but not this one. For half of PV we see her standing and looking sad/crying and footage of this scene is pretty bad (unstable camera, showing just her chest for a while, lack of synchronisation her lips with song etc.). I don't like it both visually and technically.
Old 23rd June 2016, 10:28 PM
Daybreak Guardian

The first part of the video is not very exciting, especially because it takes too late for the guys to come and change her outfit, etc. Overall is a good PV, I wasn't expecting a lot from her but Mad World and FLOWER are both pretty decent. Nothing ground-breaking, but also nothing overly cheap and tacky.
Old 23rd June 2016, 10:42 PM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaristos View Post
The first part of the video is not very exciting, especially because it takes too late for the guys to come and change her outfit, etc. Overall is a good PV, I wasn't expecting a lot from her but Mad World and FLOWER are both pretty decent. Nothing ground-breaking, but also nothing overly cheap and tacky.
MTE. I don't think FLOWER's PV is bad but I won't be replaying it, that's for sure. As for Mad World, I really enjoyed it even though nothing amazing-over-the-top-yaaas-slay-queen is happening, but I loved the symbolisms.

Old 23rd June 2016, 10:50 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I feel like Mad World would have had a bit more impact if the ink/oil poured on her like in MOON, or was splattered all over her somehow.
Old 23rd June 2016, 10:57 PM
Initiate

Some stock footage of things happening connected with the lyrics would make the video more dynamic, or even a couple of making of scenes. Even the last part is kinda just there.

It's not an awful PV, but it's not that entertaining at all. As a promotional video, it doesn't catch my attention.

She looks good after the transformation tho.
Old 23rd June 2016, 11:47 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I really like this video. I think it's very Ayu, her acting is far less obvious, and its production quality is good.

Neither of the videos are groundbreaking, but I'm not upset with them.

I thought it was going to be another Moments lying in black goo moment (no pun intended lol) I think that would've upped the interest.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 23rd June 2016, 11:56 PM
End of the World Initiate

I love this video. I feel like we're seeing the "real" Ayu and how she's ready to leave the past behind her and be who she wants to be. It's so quick, but when her team comes to make her look all fancy I see a look of despair on her face like she doesn't want them to come and make her up.
Old 24th June 2016, 01:37 AM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baernash View Post
I like "CAROLS" and "HEAVEN" (even if they are both static) but not this one. For half of PV we see her standing and looking sad/crying and footage of this scene is pretty bad (unstable camera, showing just her chest for a while, lack of synchronisation her lips with song etc.). I don't like it both visually and technically.
Thiiiiiiis. SO MUCH could've happened in the second verse-chorus part. Instead we just get a repetition of the first sequence. I'm liking FLOWER a bit more now that the full video is out, but not this (I don't think the song should've gotten a PV in the first place).
Old 24th June 2016, 01:39 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think typically she'd go with something like Survivor or Summer Love to get a PV... maybe even You are the only one alongside FLOWER but Mad World probably meant much more to her.
Old 24th June 2016, 02:41 AM
SAKURA Initiate

I liked this PV very much! The first half was pretty much what we've already seen (although I still love ayu's whole plain t-shirt & jeans look ) but towards the end, is when I've loved everything so much more. Not only did I love the "glamorous" side of ayu, but it was really touching to see some of these past concert scenes, projected on that screen. Then when it all faded out at the end (with the last scene being from "Last minute") was when I thought it was all such a great end to the video.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with both videos & more importantly, I still love both songs individually so very much.

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 24th June 2016, 03:34 AM
still alone Initiate

I can't help but be disappointed in this one.
Nothing really happens in this one. Just Ayu standing around. I do get the concept but I don't think it was executed well. I found the dark liquid to be awkward because it isn't clear what the purpose is. I know some people find it symbolic but I don't really get anything from it. I loved the retro clips though. She should have made the theme of retrospective and history the main focus. Maybe show Ayu reminiscing about her childhood or career and then lead up to her present rebirth. At least she looked pretty anyway.
I don't know. For me, Made In Japan is somewhat of a dud music video wise. But I like what the videos stand for. The music is the best aspect of this era I would say.
Old 24th June 2016, 03:38 AM
GAME Initiate

her best PV since Don't look back imo.
Old 24th June 2016, 03:57 AM
TO BE Initiate

the audio on the video is phenomenal lol
Old 24th June 2016, 06:32 AM
Trauma Initiate

i give it a 6.5 out of 10
Old 24th June 2016, 04:20 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Nice PV overall.
Nothing awesome though.

I really like the idea of the "men in black".
Her acting looks OK too this time !
They just missed some opportunity with the ink though... It feels kind of... unfinished ?

They also could have used the lights and the screen in order to make something visually interesting or play with the black and white idea further while staying simple, I don't know...
Old 24th June 2016, 04:58 PM
TO BE Initiate

she has been so critical to herself lately. its enough ayu, you do not need to sacrifice yourself all the time. You said that you werent yourself, you were crying at the intervew. those music videos shows exactly what you have to say. We still love you how you are, stop making you bad even if its such a great time! it bothers me that her speeches and what so ever she gives her fans is negative! you rock gürl

I want to turn into a flower, grow thorns,
wither, fall and rot away
Don’t pick me up, leave me
Forget me

Old 24th June 2016, 09:58 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next_Level29 View Post
she has been so critical to herself lately. its enough ayu, you do not need to sacrifice yourself all the time. You said that you werent yourself, you were crying at the intervew. those music videos shows exactly what you have to say. We still love you how you are, stop making you bad even if its such a great time! it bothers me that her speeches and what so ever she gives her fans is negative! you rock gürl
Right? I mean Kumi didn't even have this much self-pity for herself after that whole rotten amniotic fluids scandal.

Tags
m(a)de in japan, mad world, made in japan