[News] NHK MUSIC SPECIAL: Ayumi Hamasaki the trajectory of ayu25 year - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 7th October 2023, 01:59 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I read some news about it using google translator and it didn't seen to have anything THAT new if you are a hardcore fan.

She got too big way too fast, her schedule was crazy, she felt a lot of pressure, she tried living in the US for some time believing she would feel more free, but in the end it felt like she was runing away and leaving dear people behind.

This is new info: Movin'on Without You's cover is important for her because she could connect to to lyrics she didn't write, so it was when she noticed she could actually just have fun with music.
Oh wow, I agree she got her sudden fame in the early 2000s. And her fame was intense. Really pressuring for a 22 year old at that point of time.
Old 8th October 2023, 02:19 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I read some news about it using google translator and it didn't seen to have anything THAT new if you are a hardcore fan.

She got too big way too fast, her schedule was crazy, she felt a lot of pressure, she tried living in the US for some time believing she would feel more free, but in the end it felt like she was runing away and leaving dear people behind.

This is new info: Movin'on Without You's cover is important for her because she could connect to to lyrics she didn't write, so it was when she noticed she could actually just have fun with music.
Yup, in addition to what you mentioned above, if I read correctly, in the late 90s and early 00s, everything related to her was reported and she soon realised her real self was very different from "ayumi hamasaki". She found it hard to reconcile both identities.

Her success was attributed to her lyrics, which resonated with a lot Japanese. She was not able to write lyrics like "Let's strive for happiness together" in the early years of her career.

2013 was when she felt that her schedule was repetitive annually and there was nothing new that interest her. She shifted her focus to USA as a form of relief/escape but realised this meant that she abandoned her loved ones. Recording the cover for "Movin' on without you" was interesting for her and she regained the true fun of music.

Briefly mentioned the novel about her and Max. She basically just commented that she doesn't care what people think of her.

ayu will continue live her life forward as ayumi hamasaki.

Last edited by alternarist; 9th October 2023 at 04:24 AM.
Old 8th October 2023, 03:05 PM
As if.. Initiate

A Song for XX is my ultimate favorite song of hers, this new performance blown me away <3
Old 9th October 2023, 07:02 PM
Because of You Initiate

This is like a fairwell show for ayumi hamasaki. She can people what really happened in the US during 2013 and why she did that. It is an emotional show.

Regarding the songs, her performance is great, the voice, especially Who... at the end, is amazing.

At the end of Who..., did ayu use sign language to communicate with her fans / viewers????

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 10th October 2023, 11:45 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

Hey~ is Nobody notice the "Duty" lyric draft but content is "SURREAL"?
Old 11th October 2023, 04:56 AM
Initiate

I ran the whole show through an automated audio transcribe/translator and it did a decent job with the interview, looks like it got about 75-80%% according to the program's confidence level, but I haven't watched the whole thing yet though, so I have an English subtitle file that could be decent. There are still lots of mistakes and timing problems with the subtitles, but if anyone wants to try cleaning it up/correct mistakes and timing, PM me and I'll give you the srt file.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 11th October 2023 at 05:06 AM.
Old 11th October 2023, 05:16 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

^

wow thanks - though i dont have the expertise for that, i believe someone here might do

did ya find something other than what people have already said about it here? (the interview)

ps: its noticeable that even soundwise speaking mid 2010s was a tough time for her too, I remember a lot of fans not liking the trio -Party Queen, LOVE again, Colours- that much.

Last edited by brener; 11th October 2023 at 05:23 AM.
Old 11th October 2023, 03:10 PM
NOTHING FROM NOTHING Initiate

LOVE again, for me, was the lowest point.
It was the first time I wasn't as much interested in ayu's releases.
Her 15th Anniversary basically consisting of 2 mini-albums then compiled into one with almost no extras, plus there was the going-out-with-my-dancer Maro PA disaster too...

Colours was a much needed fresh start IMO
Old 12th October 2023, 03:54 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brener View Post
^

wow thanks - though i dont have the expertise for that, i believe someone here might do

did ya find something other than what people have already said about it here? (the interview)

ps: its noticeable that even soundwise speaking mid 2010s was a tough time for her too, I remember a lot of fans not liking the trio -Party Queen, LOVE again, Colours- that much.
I used Sonix.ai . I had credit left over from a previous project so decided to try it. I ran the audio of the entire 46 minute show through its transcribe and translate features.
Old 13th October 2023, 12:54 AM
Daybreak Guardian

This was such a good show. Probably some of her best TV performances in years!
Old 21st February 2024, 08:52 AM
Love song H-Initiate

Isn't ayu's instagram story says that on 3rd March will be a new broadcast of the extended version?
Old 21st February 2024, 03:46 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
Isn't ayu's instagram story says that on 3rd March will be a new broadcast of the extended version?
Yes, it looks like it will be a 60 minute version. The original was about 45 minutes, so an extra 15 minutes of interview?