[Official Message] Winter single "Zutto... / Last minute / Walk" 2014.12.24 in stores II - Page 15 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12th December 2014, 11:21 AM
Love song H-Initiate

and will not hear until next release or CDL
Zutto<etc> single already recorded
Old 12th December 2014, 12:28 PM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
well we'll see what she can do with Ayu, hopefully.

Also the utada song that she did. Her voice sounds a little like it did in that verbal song....but we never heard it in any other song of hers after....
so basically she sounded better when covering other's song or a song in someone else's album
Old 12th December 2014, 04:14 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

On a wave of happiness from finally joining TA, I've pre-ordered the full package with bonus A5 notebook. Ayu looks stunning! ❤
I hope previews won't disappoint me after a fun-filled time with Movin' on without you.
Old 12th December 2014, 04:39 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

Given the other people she trained... This seems so far "beneath" her so...I'm just not sure

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 12th December 2014, 05:22 PM
GAME Initiate

she's probably just doing vocal exercises with her to help her voice get warmed up before CDL. y'all are acting like she's teaching Ayu how to sing, lol.
Old 12th December 2014, 05:37 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

well...that's because that's what "vocal lessons" means. Or at least, it's the first thing people are going to think, even if it doesn't make sense. They're pretty much synonymous.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 12th December 2014, 09:27 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuWorld View Post
so basically she sounded better when covering other's song or a song in someone else's album
I did not say that xD while i liked the verbal one vocally, i have to say the utada cover doesn't impress me much. It's sounds alright for her standarts. If not a bit artificial, for me. I think the most i was impressed with her vocals was RnR, PQ and LOVEagain to me they sound the strongest in these 3. But i'm just a tastless idiot so xD
Old 12th December 2014, 09:35 PM
As if.. Initiate

Almost everybody sound so offended.... if Chester kept his voice after all of those years of singing and screaming, that's only because he has a very strong technique and a very good coach! You can't be a metal singer and have no technique, I could say the same for Corey Taylor or Floor Jansen. That's impossible! Whose who did it got very bad surprise after not even a year. Or more for whose who didn't try the growl, scream and more stuff in their first years. I could name some singers who got great problem because of the lack of technique.

Now I don't know if she still coach Chester. But seeing how he even improve with the years, I prefer Ayu to take lessons from her than the japanese coach she had not so long ago and the result was Ayu singing so bad it was a shame! I just hope she has the balls to tell her : no please stop to sing with that damn very high pitch or stupid cute voice!
Old 12th December 2014, 09:37 PM
Because of You Initiate

i acually love when ayu sounds like an actual WOMAN than a teenage girl trying to impress a sempai lol I mean the best part about Last Angel or Mery-go-round is her lower register. I think the only reason i actually could finally listen to Terminal was her lower voice in it.
Old 12th December 2014, 10:17 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
i acually love when ayu sounds like an actual WOMAN than a teenage girl trying to impress a sempai lol I mean the best part about Last Angel or Mery-go-round is her lower register. I think the only reason i actually could finally listen to Terminal was her lower voice in it.

exactly!
Old 12th December 2014, 10:34 PM
appears Initiate

Yeah, people who scream when they sing have a certain technique. They use certain muscles. Like Chester from Linkin Park. There's a way of screaming that lets you do it all day and night without stopping and it won't give you laryngitis and won't make you lose or destroy your voice. It's because they aren't using the same muscles that you use when you actually scream.

Actually they talk about exactly this right in this video.

Last edited by orangeakira; 12th December 2014 at 10:40 PM.
Old 13th December 2014, 05:02 AM
poker face Initiate

The coach needs to teach her a thing or two about not to open your mouth so wide when you sing. The "ahh"s and "ehh"s after PoM really make her sound strained and old... Also the coach needs to do something the abnormally fast vibrato that Ayu currently uses at the end of almost every word she sings...

Thanks ♥pepicolada for the set.

Old 13th December 2014, 07:09 AM
Because of You Initiate

^well god forbid the NEXT LEVEL vibrato to comeback....that was the worst she ever had - unnatural to the point of yuck. Her vibrato is pretty natural and quite pleasing to the ears (at least to mine) latelly.
Old 13th December 2014, 07:30 AM
SCAR Initiate

I've always liked her vibrato. Sometimes it's very unnatural, that's true, but I feel that it is her distinctive trait when singing! I actually like that she has this kind of particular trait that makes people recognise her as soon as they hear her ^^
Old 13th December 2014, 11:14 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
I did not say that xD while i liked the verbal one vocally, i have to say the utada cover doesn't impress me much. It's sounds alright for her standarts. If not a bit artificial, for me. I think the most i was impressed with her vocals was RnR, PQ and LOVEagain to me they sound the strongest in these 3. But i'm just a tastless idiot so xD
Me too!!!!!
Old 13th December 2014, 01:34 PM
æternal Initiate

I have a love and hate situation with her vibrato. Most of the times they sound pretty
good but there are times when she overdoes them to the point that she's like making a funny parody of herself. Teens from AT2006 for instance.

But correct me if I'm wrong, she doesn't do her "car can't start" type of vibrato these past few years. I love it

facebook | instagram | twitter

Old 13th December 2014, 02:04 PM
rainy day Initiate

I was never bothered too much by the vibrato either. But then I heard this song/YouTube video of a woman singing an English song with EXTREME vibrato and it really was annoying! So I can understand if the japanese hate it.
Old 14th December 2014, 02:54 PM
Because of You Initiate

man when are we getting any snippets...
Old 14th December 2014, 04:04 PM
ayu trance Initiate

^there's no point in listening to the snippets now, if we get the full songs on Wednesday! I'm excited, I like not knowing anything about the song when I first listen to them!
Old 14th December 2014, 05:01 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Thumbs up

Quote:
man when are we getting any snippets...
i heard about 10 seconds of zutto... . its amazing!!! its on instagram. User: princeofjpop
Closed Thread

Tags
kunio tago, last minute, tetsuya komuro, tetsuya yukumi, walk, zutto...