ORICON RANKING DAILY [(miss)understood] - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 5th January 2006, 07:00 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

You have to remember that B&D was one of those singles that people knew was going to be on the album. Plus it was really really crammed into that 4 month period xD

fairyland => HEAVEN => B&D => (miss)understood

If Koda did that, like release an album right after a single.. the single'd probably flop terribly xD
Old 5th January 2006, 07:24 AM
glitter Initiate

Yeah remember Promise/Star. It sold pretty badly because the release date was close to her best album.

Even if you cannot hear my voice. I'll be right beside you dear.

Set by pepper

Crossover x A Hitomi Shimatani Forum

Old 5th January 2006, 08:46 AM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlize
With regard to Koda Kumi, I personally think we will see the singles resurface on an album of some kind... because it makes no sense to me for the record label to invest so much money in PVs, production, and promotion of the singles if they were going to limit the amount of money they can make off of them with the limited editions...
and die-hard fans who are buying these singles won't feel cheated at all... they'll buy it up anyway.

I would also argue that koda kumi right now does have the potetial to outsell ayu... afterall, she did sell more CDs in 2005, and the 1st of her 12 singles, "you", certainly is selling much better than the "Bold & Delicious/Pride" single, which fell like a rock from the charts.

but anyway, for most artists, yes the CD+DVD version sells more
well Bold & Delicious / Pride indeed did badly but for Kumi to outsell Ayu would take her many years to come. Oh, and Ayu didn't release an album in 2005 which made her sales lower. as said before by Yukitora, releasing a one-big-hit doesn't mean that that artist can outsell another artist (esp. when that big hit is a best album and kumi's couldn't even get to A BEST's sales). Even though, i love both Kumi and Ayu

Ok, back to the topic.. i hope (miss)understood will be #1 in the monthly chart and at least outsell MY STORY because it is better. i don't think it can reach 2 million mark though, i just don't feel like it would (but i really love this album).
Old 5th January 2006, 09:07 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness
You have to remember that B&D was one of those singles that people knew was going to be on the album. Plus it was really really crammed into that 4 month period xD
No, most people didn't know they were going to be on the album, actually, AVEX hide the fact for about three weeks after the release of B&D, so the fact it sold poorly is because it's so different, like what happend with Forgiviness in 2003, was too diff, so many fans didn't like it.

And You isn't selling much better than B&D, btw. Ayu sells MUCH more singles than Koda Kumi.
Old 5th January 2006, 09:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukitora
Um.... when an CD is released at this time (new years) oricon combines the first and second week together... expect the figure they give us to be around 750k. First AND second week.
First AND second week sales to be THAT low? T_T I'm hoping it breaks 1 million on its return into the charts since it's 2 weeks. But I wonder if people buy albums for the new year? Hopefully Ayu turns out to be a popular new year present.
Old 5th January 2006, 10:02 AM
glitter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre2907
No, most people didn't know they were going to be on the album, actually, AVEX hide the fact for about three weeks after the release of B&D, so the fact it sold poorly is because it's so different, like what happend with Forgiviness in 2003, was too diff, so many fans didn't like it.

And You isn't selling much better than B&D, btw. Ayu sells MUCH more singles than Koda Kumi.
Still what would you prefer buying a single or saving up for an album?

Set by pepper

Old 5th January 2006, 10:23 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

yes, avex did hide the tracklist until a week after B&D/Pride had released. BUT most people assumed that both songs would be on the album anywayz (ayu never drop a single off the album... she even put M into I am after it was on A BEST). They dun see a point buying the single UNLESS the tracklist is announced and the songs ain't there. Also I agree that B&D is too new for people... you can see the audience weren't that hyper when she performed this song.

on the other hand, it's quite sure that kumi will put most of the songs from 12 singles into the new album. Those limited singles are for die hard fans only. I like the idea that only unlimited singles should be included in the album, but like candlize said, it's wasting a lot of money to make limited materials. Those 12 singles are just a tactic to attract new people to buy kumi's upcoming album. I'm pretty sure that most hardcore fans will not feel cheated because the covers are so nice anywayz (same to people who buy ayu singles.. They will be on the album anywayz probly a few months after, why bother buying the singles?? It's because we love ayu...). Oh one more point, if all the single materials will be included, the new kumi album is like a compilation cd, so lots of people will buy it

of course, prediction may lead to shock... for example.. hikki's Passion sales is totally a shock to me. orange range's natural doesn't sell as good as musiQ, so you can say OR is a one hit wonder (but you have to count the impact of katchan leaving the band).

hehe back to the topic... how come oricon hasn't updated yet...??? I thought it would resume on the 4th... :'(
Old 5th January 2006, 10:28 AM
glitter Initiate

Good points. Most would assume she'd release the single's material in the album. Same goes for Kumi, probably most of the songs shall be included in the new album. OR's popularity has been going down lately...and I'm not surprised. I was surprised about Utada's Passion though.

Oricon have updated as far as I know o.O see the daily rankings.

Set by pepper

Old 5th January 2006, 10:30 AM
immature Initiate

ayu still remains in number 1
thats mean she was no 1 this whole time ...
hence 2 weeks @ no 1 is better than MY STORY
which dropped to no 2 on the second week
Old 5th January 2006, 10:47 AM
glitter Initiate

So she only did 1 week at #1 with MY STORY? =/ that's not so good.

Set by pepper

Old 5th January 2006, 11:16 AM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demure_Dusk
So she only did 1 week at #1 with MY STORY? =/ that's not so good.
I am..., A BEST, A BALLADS and Memorial address all only stayed in number one for one week.
Old 5th January 2006, 11:25 AM
glitter Initiate

Oh I see. I suppose they had a lot of competition then especially I Am...

Set by pepper

Old 5th January 2006, 12:55 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

this stuff is interesting... I think you also have to think of CD sells kinda like money...

Everything goes up in value as prices go up : / So $100 10 years ago was considered around ,what, maybe $200-300... Except CD's do the opposite

if an artist sells 500. copies now it would be considered alot more for back 'in the day' don't you think? So many new variables plague the music industry, like bootleg copies, illegal downloads, and now you can usually download an entire album for around 9-12 dollars? (at least in USA you can... it's probably a little more expensive in Japan but everything there is a little more expensive )

So with CD's becoming obsolete soon fans are starting to decrease in buying CD's... Why get a destroyable and scratchable CD for 10-20 dollars when you can get a nearly undestryoable mp3 for .99 cents?

So thats why I think saying that Ayu doesn't sell as much as she used to isn't necessarily due to her 'falling' off her pedastool... but just the decline in record companies sales period! So adding a DVD to the CD helps ALOT if you think about it... Because you can download the videos online but the quality of DVD's are usually FAR much better and take up a small space on your shelf instead of a large one on your harddrive.

..::|Do no evil|::..

Old 5th January 2006, 02:42 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarumi
So adding a DVD to the CD helps ALOT if you think about it... Because you can download the videos online but the quality of DVD's are usually FAR much better and take up a small space on your shelf instead of a large one on your harddrive.
thats a really good point i think, i've never thought about that. but definitely...it makes sense.

I just want to forget it all, without even saying "goodbye."
『Last minute』

Old 5th January 2006, 03:46 PM

OMG, they are never gonna tell us how much it sold! *_________*

Girls' Generation is .

Last edited by elepop; 5th January 2006 at 03:49 PM.
Old 5th January 2006, 03:51 PM
Because of You Initiate

B&D/Pride did bad cos of 2 reasons. fans already knew an album was coming, but didnt no the tracklist. they assumed that avex would put the songs on to the album. and they did. also, the songs were just drastically different from her previous songs, mkaing sum ppl not really liking the song much causing them to buy the album instead.

personally, i think kumi mite just put all her 15 songs from the 12 singles into 1 album. but, she mite cut off the b-sides to the 3 maxi-single songs and add in 3 new songs tho. i think the album will sell more than "secret". "you" has been a success, not only selling more than B&D/Pride, its also her 3rd best selling single. so far, given by oricon, the 2 limited singles r almost sold out (if not sold out due to online sales, which oricon doesnt count)

yea, CD+DVD tend to do better. its more attractive for the buyer. ie: would you want to buy a CD only version for like $15, or for an extra $5 get the CD+DVD version? i would get the CD+DVD cos its more bang for the buck.

heres my prediciton for (miss) understood 2 wk sales: ~700-750k. ranking: #1

asongforxx: wut do u mean they will never they us the number? they will tell us on monday (well, monday in the east coast)

Last edited by ayu_fan929; 5th January 2006 at 03:56 PM.
Old 5th January 2006, 03:52 PM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarumi
this stuff is interesting... I think you also have to think of CD sells kinda like money...

Everything goes up in value as prices go up : / So $100 10 years ago was considered around ,what, maybe $200-300... Except CD's do the opposite

if an artist sells 500. copies now it would be considered alot more for back 'in the day' don't you think? So many new variables plague the music industry, like bootleg copies, illegal downloads, and now you can usually download an entire album for around 9-12 dollars? (at least in USA you can... it's probably a little more expensive in Japan but everything there is a little more expensive )

So with CD's becoming obsolete soon fans are starting to decrease in buying CD's... Why get a destroyable and scratchable CD for 10-20 dollars when you can get a nearly undestryoable mp3 for .99 cents?

So thats why I think saying that Ayu doesn't sell as much as she used to isn't necessarily due to her 'falling' off her pedastool... but just the decline in record companies sales period! So adding a DVD to the CD helps ALOT if you think about it... Because you can download the videos online but the quality of DVD's are usually FAR much better and take up a small space on your shelf instead of a large one on your harddrive.
Yes, looking at the sales of the year on CD Japan, MY STORY CD/DVD was in fourth (I think =P ) The CD only was far further down the chart....
Old 5th January 2006, 03:54 PM

Huh? Why are we still talking about Kumi?

Girls' Generation is .

Old 5th January 2006, 06:22 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demure_Dusk
Oh I see. I suppose they had a lot of competition then especially I Am...
Really? Who was it? Actually, the same thing happened and it debuted at #1 for two weeks, as it was released on a oricon-break aswell.

Also it sold less not due to competition, but due to her BEST album release. I'm not sure if that's why you said it must of had a lot of competition though, but just incase

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Tatsujin
First AND second week sales to be THAT low? T_T I'm hoping it breaks 1 million on its return into the charts since it's 2 weeks. But I wonder if people buy albums for the new year? Hopefully Ayu turns out to be a popular new year present.

MY STORY sold around 600k+ in it's first week (highest female solo-artist debut of that oricon year), so I assumed the same for (miss)understood, and added a rather low 150k onto it as the drop in the second week is usually a lot. I'm not sure how MY STORY flaired in it's second week though.
Old 5th January 2006, 06:53 PM
appears Initiate

My Story sold 574.000

And I Am... was her best studio album first week sales, selling 1.75 million in the first week (being released on the same day as (miss)understood).

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, (miss)understood, ayumi hamasaki