ORICON RANKING DAILY [(miss)understood] - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 7th January 2006, 02:31 PM
Don't look back Initiate

Just hope this albums breaks 2 mill no matter how long tat takes
Old 7th January 2006, 03:00 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

So glad to see it's still #1, but the sales are quite poor.

How did "MY STORY" did on the first week?

Girls' Generation is .

Old 7th January 2006, 03:05 PM
Banned

Wait. It was only 3 days? Why is it from December 27 to January 1st only?
Old 7th January 2006, 03:14 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

actually that's quite high consider that the official releases was 1st of January, so i'm guessing the number will start growing fast from january 1st and forward...BTW GUYS please don't blame Bold & delicious for this !!!
i love this song so much..i don't see any reason why would a single track ruins the whole album
Old 7th January 2006, 03:36 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by asongforXX

MY STORY 1st week sales were 574,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedreamer
Just hope this albums breaks 2 mill no matter how long tat takes
i doubt it will pass 2 million. for the past 2 yrs, only 2 albums have passed that mark- hikki's single collection & OR's musiQ.
Old 7th January 2006, 03:37 PM
immature Initiate

maybe those sales figures are not wrong (cross fingers ) or at least counting only 3 days of release from 27th dec hihi ~
i just want this album to beat MY STORY and also
i would like ayu to perform her album tracks
Old 7th January 2006, 03:38 PM
P.S II Initiate

Quote:

my story sold 574,321 in the first week.
Old 7th January 2006, 06:34 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]
Oh, and Ayu didn't release an album in 2005 which made her sales lower.
The Oricon Year goes from the beginning of December to November of the next year. So, I'm pretty sure all of MY STORY's sales were included for 2005 sales. Otherwise it wouldn't have made the top 10 on the yearly charts, and ayu's overall sales would have been far far lower.

Last edited by candlize; 7th January 2006 at 06:55 PM.
Old 7th January 2006, 06:51 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukitora
I am... only sold less than Duty because of A BEST.(
I'm not sure what ur reasoning for saying this is... but I disagree...
"I am..." and "A BEST" were released like 9 months apart with like 3 singles in between... how does releasing a single compilation album effect the sales of the next two albums over the next few years??

I also think it's funny that some of you are blaming ayu's sales on her hair... xD that makes absolutely no sense to me... would anyone really logically say "oh her hair is brown i'm SO not buying her CD"?

Last edited by candlize; 7th January 2006 at 07:04 PM.
Old 7th January 2006, 08:11 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Thanks for the "MY STORY" numbers info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Tatsujin
Wait. It was only 3 days? Why is it from December 27 to January 1st only?
If so, that would make more sense to me... If...

Girls' Generation is .

Old 7th January 2006, 10:26 PM
glitter Initiate

^ I do hope so too. Plus on 1st Jan the stores were probably closed.

Even if you cannot hear my voice. I'll be right beside you dear.

Set by pepper

Crossover x A Hitomi Shimatani Forum

Old 8th January 2006, 01:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnacarta17
BTW GUYS please don't blame Bold & delicious for this !!!
i love this song so much..i don't see any reason why would a single track ruins the whole album
tRUE! I like B&D and its one of the main attractions of Miss Understood.
Old 8th January 2006, 03:31 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlize
I'm not sure what ur reasoning for saying this is... but I disagree...
"I am..." and "A BEST" were released like 9 months apart with like 3 singles in between... how does releasing a single compilation album effect the sales of the next two albums over the next few years??

I also think it's funny that some of you are blaming ayu's sales on her hair... xD that makes absolutely no sense to me... would anyone really logically say "oh her hair is brown i'm SO not buying her CD"?
well theres has been discussion in other jpop forums that theres a "best album curse". a drop in sales after the release of best albums. apparently it has happened to both hitomis, mai k, n currently BoA n hikki mite b falling under the curse. as for ayu, her sales did drop a bit (Duty vs. I am...) but they werent as significant, the only thing for ayu is that her album sales kept on dropping. but this "best album curse" is just a theory tho
Old 8th January 2006, 04:44 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

I think it's more plausible that for most of those artists, it's been due to a lack of quality... certainly for Yaida Hitomi (while I love her), her popularity has been dropping steadily since "Candlize." Mai K's popularity has been dropping since her very first single if u check her sales also, and I honestly think people are just tired of BoA (I know I sure am). hitomi's releases since her best album "SELF PORTRAIT" have really been sub-par (and it wasn't even her 1st single compilation either...), but hitomi's been around for so long, her popularity has ebbed and flowed throughout the years. Nothing new.

And I think people are beginning to lose interest in hikki because she releases so slow and her singles are no longer quite as radio-friendly as they used to be (even though I loved "Passion" and "Be My Last," the drop in sales hasn't really been all that surprising to me), but that's just my 2cents.

Anyway, thanks for explaining the "theory."
Old 8th January 2006, 05:02 AM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
If so, that would make more sense to me... If...
Actually it's 6 days. 27,28,29,30,31 and 1/1.
Old 8th January 2006, 05:53 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Well, not really, since stores technically don't sell on 1/1 :p lol

If you look at the sales of all the other 1/1 releases, they're horribly low on the Soundscan thing. I mean, the most that any of them sold was like.. 49k compared to Ayu.. O_o

/dies
Old 8th January 2006, 06:58 AM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlize
I think it's more plausible that for most of those artists, it's been due to a lack of quality... certainly for Yaida Hitomi (while I love her), her popularity has been dropping steadily since "Candlize." Mai K's popularity has been dropping since her very first single if u check her sales also, and I honestly think people are just tired of BoA (I know I sure am). hitomi's releases since her best album "SELF PORTRAIT" have really been sub-par (and it wasn't even her 1st single compilation either...), but hitomi's been around for so long, her popularity has ebbed and flowed throughout the years. Nothing new.

And I think people are beginning to lose interest in hikki because she releases so slow and her singles are no longer quite as radio-friendly as they used to be (even though I loved "Passion" and "Be My Last," the drop in sales hasn't really been all that surprising to me), but that's just my 2cents.

Anyway, thanks for explaining the "theory."
What sounds more just to you? A pattern in huge decreasing sales after a best release for a large amount of artists or your blabbering theory? 'Oh that song wasn't great', 'Hitomi's already old'. Well Ayu's released really horrible songs too, and they've sold well. The B'z/southern all stars have been around for 20 years, yet they still sold well when they were hitomi's age (in the industry).

Old 8th January 2006, 07:54 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

well done AYu~~~!!
I'll fall alone, quietly

If I could flutter like a bird
I would fly to you
And offer my wing
To your wounded back

If I could flow like the wind
I would reach you
If I could shine like a moon
I would keep shining on you

I'll be anything
If it can stop you from being seized with fear~~~~~Moments
Old 8th January 2006, 09:07 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukitora
What sounds more just to you? A pattern in huge decreasing sales after a best release for a large amount of artists or your blabbering theory? 'Oh that song wasn't great', 'Hitomi's already old'. Well Ayu's released really horrible songs too, and they've sold well. The B'z/southern all stars have been around for 20 years, yet they still sold well when they were hitomi's age (in the industry).

None of the mentioned artists had a huge decrease in sales after a best release, as I pointed out. Most of them were already on the decline including mai k, hitomi, Yaida Hitomi, hikki... check up the sales man, they don't lie. Mai K's albums and singles haev been selling less and less ever since she debuted. I'm pretty sure Mai's best selling single was her 1st. If you excluded Mai's best album and ranked all her original albums in order of sales, they would fall neatly in the same order in which they were released. hikki has a very similar pattern of sales as well. hitomi had a mid career jump due to "LOVE 2000," but has also been on the decline since then. The fact that her best album "SELF PORTRAIT," still ended up selling a few hundred thousand copies less than her original album "LOVE LIFE," the album that featured "LOVE 2000," proves she was losing popularity before its release. hitomi also took a long hiatus after the release of her best album that probably also affected her popularity. Yaiko's singles have been selling less and less since "Look Back Again/Over the Distance," her most popular single. And I tried not to be insulting when critical of your theory, so please don't insult me either. I keep up with sales generally pretty well for these artists, and my theory is backed by sales if you bothered to look them up.

by the way, I never said "hitomi's old." I said she's been around long enough to have experienced drastic changes in her popularity over the years (which is true... she was not relatively very popular around the time of the release of the singles from the "thermo plastic" album. Many of them did not make the top 20, just like some of her singles right now). Your example about B'z/SAS proves my point in a way, because they've released single compilation albums and are still very popular. Let's also not forget Koda Kumi, who has had no absolutely trouble moving those limited edition singles from CD store shelves since the release of her "BEST~first things~" album.

Last edited by candlize; 8th January 2006 at 09:56 AM.
Old 8th January 2006, 09:57 AM
BEST Initiate

yay! go ayu!!!!!!

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, (miss)understood, ayumi hamasaki