oricon: (miss) understood 4th week sales. - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 28th January 2006, 10:16 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu_fan929
come to think of it, yea, i think B&D/Pride wasnt meant to be a single, but rather part of the 'album songs'. just look at the album schedule during nov/dec:

nov 23: ken hirai BEST
nov 30: B'z BEST
dec 07: mika BEST
dec 14: ai's LOVE COOK
dec 21: kobukuro's NAMELESS WORLD

usually, her album would have been released during these 5wks, but w/so much competition being released, avex probably wanted to delay the album release to 01/01 to guarantee the #1 spot for her. the single was just released to keep ayu into the spotlite. if B&D/Pride wasnt released, then there wouldve been like a 3month+ waiting period btwn HEAVEN (09/14) and (m)u (01/01)
Dec 21 was a good date, I mean, Kobokuro didn't sold that much in their first week and they're not really popular. But they probably didn't want Ayu to release an album just one week after Ai, another one of their top artists.
Old 29th January 2006, 12:38 AM
glitter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer
And to me it didn't look like her "real self" either, so I don't think that was the intent. Ayu in tons of makeup and a gawdy fur coat does not strike me as "real."
Yeah that's true too. That's why I will persist to say the photobook was more appropriate for a booklet. There was less make up and looked less glamorous. The booklet was too much in your face and looked like a botched up experiment especially the blurry effects.

Even if you cannot hear my voice. I'll be right beside you dear.

Set by pepper

Crossover x A Hitomi Shimatani Forum

Old 29th January 2006, 01:57 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin542001
Her sales might seem slow to most people considering how fast she's sold in the past, but I wasn't here for that, and I find all this talk of Ayu retiring kind of depressive since it seems some fans are giving up on her.
I know what you mean, I joined Ayu forums when everyone was complaining about MY STORY. I guess just tolerate it and it'll slowly die out.
Old 29th January 2006, 02:59 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre2907
Dec 21 was a good date, I mean, Kobokuro didn't sold that much in their first week and they're not really popular. But they probably didn't want Ayu to release an album just one week after Ai, another one of their top artists.
yea i guess but i think that dec 21 was just too much close to christmas, her 3 dec released albums were btwn 15th-18th. (RAINBOW was the 18th; MA was the 17th; MY STORY was the 15th)
Old 29th January 2006, 06:21 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker
Then she never is in her real self and (miss)understood/B&D aren't the one to blamed. Look at all the Tu-ka pictures, she wears fur coats and tons of make-up. Bold & delicious wasn't the first time she appeared in layers of make up and using dresses like that. Most of her career has ayu wearing weird dresses and tons of make-up, it's not really anything new at all.
Of course it's nothing new. I'm just saying that for those reasons, it doesn't seem like the booklets theme was "the real Ayu."
Old 29th January 2006, 10:08 AM
Mirror Initiate

slowly but surely it will reach the magical 1m mark

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, (miss)understood, ayumi hamasaki