ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~ V - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 9th June 2013, 08:37 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Her voice in love songs didn't disturb me that much but I agree that on Love again her voice is very well much better but it's also true that in lives her voice seems so strained per moment despite taking vocal lessons ... It's quite sad :/

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 9th June 2013, 08:38 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Her vocals are imo just fine. Way better than they were from 2006 to 2009.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 9th June 2013, 08:42 PM
too late Initiate

I am also sad as well
People used to look forward to her shows and it's really sad that A BEST Tour has problems with people attending it. I mean those ARE the songs that people ASKED for
What's wrong with this picture
And what's so controversial with her dating Maro and breaking up with him
It's not that she had some public sex or whatever... GRR and now i am pissed
Old 9th June 2013, 08:44 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Her vocals are imo just fine. Way better than they were from 2006 to 2009.

Yes but this period coincides with the one which she became deaf :/ Her voice is better now but I find her vocal tense lol

Last edited by mizuki-7; 9th June 2013 at 08:49 PM.
Old 9th June 2013, 08:44 PM
Depend on you Initiate

i really think ayumi should take a hiatus and try to find "herself" again, come out with a distinct style of music. ive noticed for the past few years that ayu is just releasing music for the sake of being an active singer. she should have a small hiatus and come back with a single that really reflects her emotions and is a very strong song.

part of the reason that could be lowering her ticket sales is because she keeps singing her old classics which everybody has heard, as recently she has no new songs that could be considered a classic so she keeps hanging onto her old works because they were the most popular

Last edited by khan5; 9th June 2013 at 08:51 PM.
Old 9th June 2013, 08:50 PM
LIMIT Initiate

She should forget about Japan for now and try something worldwide.
Old 9th June 2013, 08:52 PM
glitter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
i think the only thing what would be reinventing, would be going PLAIN. Small accoustic lives? smaller venues? like a total oposite from what she used to do? I think if she tries to pull something else people would start saying that she's trying too much and that kind of stuff.

Reinventing doesn't need to be outrageous, and it doesn't mean going plain either. She could do so many things that people aren't doing atm, choose a new image, a new inspiration source, a new theme that speaks for itself...

The thing is, everything's been done already, if you look at some of the current successful artists, most of them are repeating what's been done and make it a bit different to seem like it is "fresh".

ayu is been relying on her image for over a decade, changing small things at times and changing everything at times too. But in the last few years she's been a bit monotonous.

Okay, Party Queen. Great theme, but portrayed very poorly. First of all, let's say that not having promoting singles was a positive thing because she could have had an album with a proper theme without loose songs flying around. The real problem was that it was just very poorly executed. She appeared wearing a very cute dress giving interviews for the album, and every time the back drop was PQ's cover, it was so contradictory, even though she tried to explain herself, people didn't seem to fall for it. Also, mutating HOTEL Love songs into Hotel PQ songs was a bit messy too, and it feels like that tour dragged on for. ever.

Last edited by SURREAL__RAINBOW; 9th June 2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old 9th June 2013, 09:03 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki-7 View Post
Yes but this period coincides with the one which she became deaf :/ Her voice is better now but I find her vocal tense lol
She's deaf since dome tour 01. But her disease is the kind that generates periods of crises and periods that gets stagnated. I don't know how to explain it in a good way in English. Anyway, maybe this period (06-09) was a time she was in a bad crises of her illness. I think the problems in her vocals are these ups and downs her illness causes.

The reason there isn't a day when I remember you,
is because I haven't forgotten you for a moment...
mirrorcle worldtwittertumblr

Old 9th June 2013, 09:13 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu-butterfly View Post
She's deaf since dome tour 01. But her disease is the kind that generates periods of crises and periods that gets stagnated. I don't know how to explain it in a good way in English. Anyway, maybe this period (06-09) was a time she was in a bad crises of her illness. I think the problems in her vocals are these ups and downs her illness causes.
You are right ^^ It's obvious that something happened between early 2007 and talkin' 2 myself ! Her voice during the promotion of A BEST II was normal but for the promotion of talkin' 2 myself her voice was so deep and different !

Old 9th June 2013, 10:39 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Deep sadness.
I'd never have imagined she would have problems with tours, of all things, where she's always done greatly. And to say she has to change formulas may be true, but I think this time the key problem is this supposed "scandals": HLS did just fine last year, didn't it?

Hello new me...

Old 9th June 2013, 10:53 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^To be fair, she is having a ton of arena dates by normal jpop standarts... She could cut a few dates, sell out everything and still have longer tours than most.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 9th June 2013, 10:53 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan5 View Post
i really think ayumi should take a hiatus and try to find "herself" again, come out with a distinct style of music. ive noticed for the past few years that ayu is just releasing music for the sake of being an active singer. she should have a small hiatus and come back with a single that really reflects her emotions and is a very strong song.

part of the reason that could be lowering her ticket sales is because she keeps singing her old classics which everybody has heard, as recently she has no new songs that could be considered a classic so she keeps hanging onto her old works because they were the most popular
or change her team. She needs to remember that dancers and staffs are working for her. They will leave her alone if ayu or avex or both cannot pay for them.

Also, look at the products for this tour. If I bought the booklet, I would question myself like "Am I supporting ayu or her whole team? I like ayu but not everyone working with ayu."

I hope people understand my point.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 9th June 2013, 11:00 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

^^
I thought I might have been a problem of too many dates too...

Hello new me...

Old 9th June 2013, 11:11 PM
GREEN Initiate

I think this is kinda to be expected for what the show is. Its a BEST live...
so I dont think generally people would want to go to tht ore then once because its really just a rehash.
She should have done something more epic for her 15 anny
Old 10th June 2013, 01:37 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

Maybe she needs to spice things up a bit to draw in ticket sales.

How many times has she sung M in a wedding dress with female dancers dancing behind her??? Why not try something different? She can dress in a slim fitting female version tuxedo, complete with a fake moustache, while Shuya wears a wedding dress dances around, and at the end down on his knees crying and begging for Ayu to marry him...

And the cutesy segment really REALLY needs a makeover, no more school uniform please... in CDL is all right, but a regular tour??? Why not do a space version with everyone wearing futuristic space uniform? The dancers can wear fish bowls on their heads too, and can dance midair in wires... Ayu can be a space captain or something like that...
Old 10th June 2013, 01:57 AM
End of the World Initiate

Been reading twitter about the lives last weekend, and apparently her vocals were not good at all - she couldnt sing any high notes, especially M.

That seems to be the reason an encore song was cut - everyone is sad about that.
Old 10th June 2013, 02:24 AM
No way to say Initiate

Good! I hope this is a wake up call for her and everyone else. "Wake Me Up" indeed. It can only push and challenge her.

Over all, this anniversary has been kind of a dud.
Old 10th June 2013, 03:09 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

She needs to left that DIVA image, she needs to keep her private life just for her, she could contact new people and start again promoting like anyone else (Like Koda or Mika).
Her music is good, she is always triying new things like ANOTHER SONG, Sparkle, Sexy Little Things.

TWICE

Old 10th June 2013, 03:43 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luther10 View Post
Maybe she needs to spice things up a bit to draw in ticket sales.

How many times has she sung M in a wedding dress with female dancers dancing behind her??? Why not try something different? She can dress in a slim fitting female version tuxedo, complete with a fake moustache, while Shuya wears a wedding dress dances around, and at the end down on his knees crying and begging for Ayu to marry him...

And the cutesy segment really REALLY needs a makeover, no more school uniform please... in CDL is all right, but a regular tour??? Why not do a space version with everyone wearing futuristic space uniform? The dancers can wear fish bowls on their heads too, and can dance midair in wires... Ayu can be a space captain or something like that...
LOL, can't stop picturing this M performance in my head, it's just so funny.

I'm ok with her dancers and her band, I really thing she should keep them. I think she should just change the way she's doing things, like many of you said before, when a song starts, we all know what's going to happen, how she'll sing it, when she'll hit high notes, when she'll scream. She should change this aspect of things, to wow everyone again.

The reason there isn't a day when I remember you,
is because I haven't forgotten you for a moment...
mirrorcle worldtwittertumblr

Old 10th June 2013, 03:57 AM
glitter Initiate

And btw

Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 15th anniversary, a best live