New album 'Colours' out July 2nd - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11th June 2014, 02:15 PM
No way to say Initiate

What happened to Leslie Kee? Did Ayu drop his desperate and overzealous ass again?
Old 11th June 2014, 02:41 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Already listened to six of the new songs and I'm very disappointed. The only song I find really beautiful is "NOW & 4EVA". The rest has either too much techno/electro sounds in it for my liking or are boring. I also haven't liked Ayu's PVs in a long time and the album is really short too, so yeah...another Ayu-album I won't buy.

It makes me so sad, because I'm a die-hard Ayu-stan, but after "Love Songs" I just didn't like the way her music was going anymore!

*i had a dream that you were gone*
tumblr

Last edited by Midori-chan; 11th June 2014 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11th June 2014, 02:48 PM
Dolls Initiate

OMG THE THIRD COVER IS AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING.
HER OMBRE HAIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

and for the songs I like <3

*faints*

That's a Hello new me photo session, but I think it *may* be also a new album photoshoot As long she will keep the ombre hair in it, IM IN.

"What is forever love" give me chills in this preview O_O
Old 11th June 2014, 02:53 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midori-chan View Post
Already listened to six of the new songs and I'm very disappointed. The only song I find really beautiful is "NOW & 4EVA". The rest has either too much techno/electro sounds in it for my liking or are boring. I also haven't liked Ayu's PVs in a long time and the album is really short too, so yeah...another Ayu-album I won't buy.

It makes me so sad, because I'm a die-hard Ayu-stan, but after "Love Songs" I just didn't like the way her music was going anymore!
same here, but I liked Party Queen sooo much that I can't believe I like only few songs after Party Queen

But well, 'What is forever love' is pure gold. Very non-usual style for her, but yet, very hers.
I can't stop listening to it.

Last edited by pepper; 11th June 2014 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11th June 2014, 03:02 PM
MY STORY Initiate

So this album won't have any interludes? I was expecting there will be an intro at least, but wow. I think I actually like this idea. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasking View Post
This one is pure perfection♥

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 11th June 2014, 03:23 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

loving all 3 covers lots! i love the art directions for the covers
Old 11th June 2014, 04:38 PM
No way to say Initiate

I would love to see her going on music shows and promoting just like how she is in that What Is Forever Love look.
Old 11th June 2014, 05:14 PM
poker face Initiate

I guess that the different track order is a "bug"... since the TA DVD version is the same with Blu-ray and CD version...
Old 11th June 2014, 06:02 PM
July 1st Initiate

Wow the other two covers look great! Not my favorite style (too...pastel?) but I think she's been doing this kind of covers since LOVE.

It would be horrible if the covers for the free promotional CDs turn out to be the covers for the different editions of the album, but I have a gut feeling that that's what we're getting. I expect variety for single-album covers but I don't know: appears is similar with LOVEppears, SURREAL is similar with Duty, Dearest is almost similar to I am... (but she changed her mind last minute).
Old 11th June 2014, 06:16 PM
fairyland Initiate

I don't think that Ayu would release these promo pictures as the album covers. Only because I don't see the logic behind naming the album "Colours" and then use a concept such as this. She's never had such a huge disconnect in her previous albums. I have faith in Ayu.

Old 11th June 2014, 06:31 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by happiholic★ View Post
I don't think that Ayu would release these promo pictures as the album covers. Only because I don't see the logic behind naming the album "Colours" and then use a concept such as this. She's never had such a huge disconnect in her previous albums. I have faith in Ayu.
I'd agree too, except I never did get over the fact that the cover for "GREEN/Days" was white and pink. Who knows? Anything is possible.
Old 11th June 2014, 06:56 PM
Dolls Initiate

^ yep, I would not be surprised if she use this photo session but maybe just use the colorful font for title.
Old 11th June 2014, 07:02 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
I highly doubt that they are album covers.

However, I am wondering if they're off shots from the album booklet in which case it isn't much better... but at least the cover could end up being a colorful outfit or something in a similar setting?

Oh woah, after looking at the pictures all together in one image (Angel/Lelio -> XOXO/Terminal -> What is forever love/NOW & 4EVA)...

Is this a panoramic shot of the same room!?

Last edited by truehappiness; 11th June 2014 at 07:24 PM.
Old 11th June 2014, 07:39 PM
Interlude Initiate

^ oh wow, you seem to be right! about the panorama thing!

niiiice~
Old 11th June 2014, 07:41 PM
fairyland Initiate

^I honestly feel as though she would do a completely different photo shoot for the album cover. Mind you, there is a great chance I'm wrong, but I'm hoping for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeakira View Post
I'd agree too, except I never did get over the fact that the cover for "GREEN/Days" was white and pink. Who knows? Anything is possible.
Ehhh, I don't really count singles when it comes to concept. Generally, they are just ~pretty photo shoots~

Old 11th June 2014, 07:50 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
^I honestly feel as though she would do a completely different photo shoot for the album cover. Mind you, there is a great chance I'm wrong, but I'm hoping for the best.
Maybe she might approach it like RAINBOW with Colours? RAINBOW's cover and inner booklet were kind of... different in vibe. Cover was nude blue Ayu with colorful hair while the booklet was rainbow feather Ayu in some water. Only thing they had in common though was the color and even then it wasn't really executed in the same way.

In this case though, I'd just hope that they keep the 'fashion' there but inject color into the covers at least.

Last edited by truehappiness; 11th June 2014 at 07:54 PM.
Old 11th June 2014, 08:09 PM
fairyland Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Maybe she might approach it like RAINBOW with Colours? RAINBOW's cover and inner booklet were kind of... different in vibe. Cover was nude blue Ayu with colorful hair while the booklet was rainbow feather Ayu in some water. Only thing they had in common though was the color and even then it wasn't really executed in the same way.
While I do agree that Rainbow's cover and inner booklet were different in vibe, they both still fit the overall theme of Rainbow. I don't feel that these free CD covers fit the theme of colours. Unless she means colours in a different way. Who knows. I guess time will tell.

Old 11th June 2014, 08:17 PM
appears Initiate

The free singles covers would have made great first press slip case covers if she ever did an A Ballads 2.
Old 11th June 2014, 08:19 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Yeah, I don't know if the shoots she's been doing recently will be able to fit the "Colours" theme... but only time will tell.

The photographer she's been using a lot lately doesn't seem to do things that are too colorful or vibrant in general which is worrisome. It's all the same general style as everything else he's taken for Ayu.

http://pygmycompany.com/gori_work.html
Old 11th June 2014, 09:06 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

^ Those shots of Lena around the middle of the page remind me of Miliyah's LOVELAND album covers for some reason.

I really hope she goes in a different direction with these covers. PleasepleasepleasePLEASE.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, colours