Terminal (recut single) in stores 2014.10.01 - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 28th July 2014, 03:03 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLuna&1LOVE View Post
Uhm help me. What's new to this release? What does recut mean?
Recut single is when a single is released after the album has been released. Like she did with appears/Kanariya/Fly high or Audience & Daybreak etc.

They usually have a bunch of remixes.
Old 28th July 2014, 04:37 PM
rainy day Initiate

On the level of XOXO? Lol.
Old 28th July 2014, 05:11 PM
Because of You Initiate

it's all just a maatter of opinion, really, Zeke.
Old 28th July 2014, 05:55 PM
Paper Doll Protector

Now that I think about it, I could see why anyone would be surprised to have this song of all the songs on Colours to be turned into a single. It is unlike most of the singles she has ever released in terms of arrangement, lyrical content, and overall feeling. In my opinion, if you had asked me which songs I suspected from Colours would be turned into a single, I would have expected something like Hello New Me/XOXO (ignoring the fact that Hello New Me is a digital single...).

Because this seems like such a unique and rather daring choice for her, I think it's actually pretty cool. Will it prove to be a huge waste? Possibly.

XD

But, I think it'll be interesting to show a different side of herself with this single. I hope the cover will be dark and edgy. XD
Old 29th July 2014, 03:23 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

I'm not a fan of trance music and I really liked how the instrumentation builds up some tense atmosphere, reverbered by the lyrics. I think it's a good piece of music.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 29th July 2014, 08:09 AM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I'm not a fan of trance music and I really liked how the instrumentation builds up some tense atmosphere, reverbered by the lyrics. I think it's a good piece of music.
I feel the same. Normally, I'd agree with others' opinion about the instrumental going for too long (and I actually did at first) but after listening to the song a few times, the instrumentals stopped feeling excessive and rather began feeling quite thrilling and suspenseful, and with the implications of pain and darkness that the lyrics give to the song, "Terminal" ends up like a wonderful story told in sounds and a few sentences.
"Terminal" is one of those songs that prove to me that music is a media much more similar to movies and books than we think; each song tells a story even if some may be very superficial and fleeting, and "Terminal"'s story happens to feel very deep and penetrating to me. But I can understand that, as with all types of media, this story is not for everyone, nor does everyone necessarily think the music conveys any kind of proper story at all to them. But that's the beautiful versatility of art, I guess.
Old 29th July 2014, 12:52 PM
End of the World Initiate

Soooo is it actually happening?

It's not surprising that they'd pick Terminal, it's the best choice for a remix heavy recut single... which it best be otherwise what's the point?
Old 29th July 2014, 10:31 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by relmy View Post
Soooo is it actually happening?

It's not surprising that they'd pick Terminal, it's the best choice for a remix heavy recut single... which it best be otherwise what's the point?
Who knows, there isn't a real source, there is only a Facebook post of a fan-page.

I prefer new music, I don't see good sales for a re-cut single.

TWICE

Old 29th July 2014, 10:38 PM
Paper Doll Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by adantatu2 View Post
Who knows, there isn't a real source, there is only a Facebook post of a fan-page.

I prefer new music, I don't see good sales for a re-cut single.
I know this is extremely unlikely, but it would be nice if they added a new song to it. But, like I said, I doubt that will be the case.

I really do hope that this is true about her releasing it.
Old 29th July 2014, 10:40 PM
P.S II Initiate

I think this is just one of these fanmade things that chinese fanpage made sometimes. But I hope I'm wrong! xD

Old 30th July 2014, 12:02 AM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanishfan View Post
I think this is just one of these fanmade things that chinese fanpage made sometimes. But I hope I'm wrong! xD
I also think all this is complete BS. I may be wrong too...
Old 30th July 2014, 02:27 AM
appears Initiate

^Let's hope so.
Old 30th July 2014, 07:09 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

I lOVE terminal.

You don't know how beautiful you are. ♡

Set by ownsarai.

Old 30th July 2014, 07:26 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Terminal dub mix also got played at Armin van Buuren shows so it could be from positive reviews about it too, if its true

Old 30th July 2014, 10:49 AM
P.S II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by douggn View Post
Terminal dub mix also got played at Armin van Buuren shows so it could be from positive reviews about it too, if its true

Not only the Dub-mix!
Old 30th July 2014, 01:39 PM
Virgin Road Initiate

wowwwww so cool!!!

but i think its so strange the effect is not matched with Ayu's song...maybe its fake??? there are fireworks and pyro...but we can't hear the explotion sound

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 30th July 2014, 02:20 PM
Interlude Initiate

I'd prefer a new set of remix cds to be honest... it's been too long since she released the last ayu-mi-x series and I need more than 1 fresh remix to dance to ^____^

Think we could write people on twitter again?
Old 30th July 2014, 02:32 PM
P.S II Initiate

if it is true, i hope it is something like "Mirrorcle World and Mirror" case. And I hope it is done by the Japanese team.
Old 31st July 2014, 01:48 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamadashun View Post
if it is true, i hope it is something like "Mirrorcle World and Mirror" case. And I hope it is done by the Japanese team.
Her team is Japanese, except if shes shooting in America, which is just usually the director and a couple of stage hands. The song if true it will most likely will be left with Armin van Buuren for the better sounding remix's, then you will have some crappy sounding remix's done to make up a decent amount of tracks. If true I would imagine it to look sort of like her Re-released Maxi CD's. And we dont even know if it will be a connected style PV or M above & beyond mix style PV or even a normal PV (Pray for not a normal PV). I would imagine that the PV would be a bit more interesting if she gets Armin van Buuren influence to it. But she still hasn't announced anything .

I don't get why people don't try asking on twitter. If enough ask and its not true I'm sure she would hopefully say something if she saw a lot of confusion around it. But this single my not even be targeted at her Asian audience. All we know is someone posted
Quote:
Terminal (recut single) in stores 2014.09.17
on a fan site and the fans went crazy, with no more comments from For"A"ver Club to verify where they saw it.

Just looked over her website, its still A SUMMER BEST for her website. She may as well just remove her English side of her site. Its nothing but a embarrassment and a joke to her western fans

Old 31st July 2014, 04:32 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Just bought Ferry Corsten's & Armin van Buuren's "Brute", "Radio Edit" and "Original Extended" off Amazon :3

Some people on AHS were discussing whether "Terminal" was largely inspired by that track and after I looked it up on YouTube I decided to buy those two versions of "Brute".
Closed Thread