The Official Hilary Duff Thread - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > General Music Chat

Notices

Old 20th July 2007, 05:25 AM
LIMIT Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerrickRocks View Post
Hilary was chubby way back like when she was with disney LOL. she didn't sign another contract with Disney she left them to do her own thing and the music she wanted to do. But i am shocked of her new song "With Love"its a new style and i hated all her music lol but this song might have won me over
Yeah I like that song too. Its a kind of love mix with a little upbeat flavor to it. Its a good one in my eyes.
Old 20th July 2007, 05:28 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesA View Post
OMG i saw her today on a magazine at the gym and she looks awesome! btw, does anyone else love No Work All Play as much as i do? That's my favorite song on Dignity...i really wish it could be the next single, but it wont be. The next single is sure to either be Gypsy Woman or Dignity. Grr even though they said they would release a lot of singles for this album, im starting to think that No Work All Play, Happy, and Burned wont get released...*my top three*
No Work All Play is alright, but I like some of the other tracks a lot more. I would LOVE for Dignity to be the next single. After that, I would love to see Gypsy Woman, Happy, I Wish, or Outside Of You as the subsequent singles. I know all of those won't be chosen, but those are my favorites on the album (excluding the current singles).

Old 20th July 2007, 08:11 PM
I am... Initiate

^ i cant get myself to listen to Outside of You a lot...i would be disappointed if Dignity was the next single...cuz ive heard it way to much haha. *fingers crossed for Gypsy Woman, Happy, or No Work All Play*
Old 27th July 2007, 12:12 AM
TO BE Initiate

C'mon OUTSIDE OF YOU is totally awesome, it'd totally rock live! She's got a lot better!
Old 27th July 2007, 04:33 AM
KaoriNeko

No Work, All Play would be a great next single
or Dignity, Between You and Me (LOVE THE TUBA!!!) or Outside of You
I really love this entire album, it's so good
I was really surprised when I first heard Play with Fire.
I hope Hilary continues with this type of music
Old 31st July 2007, 09:33 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

mm guys do you know that Gypsy Woman is going to be Hil's 4th single?
what do you think?
IMO Hil should release a ballad right now cos so far all of her singles from Dignity are upbeat songs + Gypsy Woman kinda sounds same with Stranger but Dignity doesn't have any ballads, does it?
Old 31st July 2007, 07:11 PM
Will Initiate

I love the first half of the album. The other half is a okay, but Play With Fire is amazing <3

Stranger is my fave though
Old 18th August 2014, 03:55 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Reviving this old thread since my childhood fav is making music again.

So has anyone else heard Hilary's new music. She actually sounds great. Not completely my style of music but nice. And she looks awesome.

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 18th August 2014, 04:29 PM
And Then Initiate

Aaah - she was one of my childhood faves as well! I like the new music, it's cute, but I still prefer her older songs. Probably just because I grew up with them. And you're right. She looks gorgeous!

<º)))>< <º)))>< <º)))><

Old 22nd August 2014, 02:58 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by primavera♥ View Post
Reviving this old thread since my childhood fav is making music again.

So has anyone else heard Hilary's new music. She actually sounds great. Not completely my style of music but nice. And she looks awesome.

I love these songs! I keep listening to them over and over again!

Set created by Yoake
B'z thread blog twitter facebook livejournal last.fm
Old 22nd August 2014, 04:30 AM
rainy day Initiate

I have been waiting and waiting and WAITING... AND W-A-I-T-I-N-G for her comeback. I adored her.

However, although the songs aren't bad, they sure aren't return-from-a-7-year-hiatus material. I really felt Hilary could have used the time away from the music world to re-invent her image. Really become the new "it" girl. But, this organic style of music isn't working for me. Chasing The Sun is sweet. The new one isn't bad either, although I do have much distaste for that banjo or whatever it is during the chorus. However, the main drag about these two releases is that BOTH songs FAIL to hit even the 3 minute mark! After 7 years, her first two singles have been nothing but glorified interludes! For me they aren't even worth listening to because just as the song has begun, it's over already.
Old 22nd August 2014, 03:58 PM
Secret Initiate

Chasing the Sun is cute
Old 22nd August 2014, 04:44 PM
As if.. Initiate

I love both songs, I really like this style, and looks like Hilary is really enjoying herself <3
Old 23rd August 2014, 03:05 AM
independent Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
However, although the songs aren't bad, they sure aren't return-from-a-7-year-hiatus material. I really felt Hilary could have used the time away from the music world to re-invent her image. Really become the new "it" girl. But, this organic style of music isn't working for me. Chasing The Sun is sweet. The new one isn't bad either, although I do have much distaste for that banjo or whatever it is during the chorus. However, the main drag about these two releases is that BOTH songs FAIL to hit even the 3 minute mark! After 7 years, her first two singles have been nothing but glorified interludes! For me they aren't even worth listening to because just as the song has begun, it's over already.
I felt the same way but listening to All About You actually feels like a proper 4 minute song despite it being under 3 minutes whereas with CTS it DOES feel like it's song length. I guess it's because AAY sounds more..."rounded" and complete that it makes me forget that it's so short. Either way, if AAY is any indication how her album is going to sound like (A little Taylor Swift mixed with The Lumineers) then I'm all for it
Old 25th August 2015, 11:56 PM
Daybreak Guardian

That's sad. Well, it's not like she was going on tour or something like that, I bet she's busy with her acting career and finishing shooting for the second season of Younger. I'm still obsessed with Sparks, but BYBO is very immature. It's not bad, but I don't mind if she moves on and delivers a better album in the future.
Old 26th August 2015, 02:04 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaristos View Post
That's sad. Well, it's not like she was going on tour or something like that, I bet she's busy with her acting career and finishing shooting for the second season of Younger. I'm still obsessed with Sparks, but BYBO is very immature. It's not bad, but I don't mind if she moves on and delivers a better album in the future.
She has been planning on going on tour for a LONG TIME! She had her website open to vote for cities around the world that she should consider stopping at before the album even came out.

Well, they fucking tanked this era with the absolutely horrible choice in singles. Killed the buzz before it even had a chance to take off. I guess it's partially her fault, she wanted to do all that earthy shit and nobody was feeling that humstrum tooth-pickin' organic banjo-loving shit.

I was DYING to hear One In A Million live!
Old 26th August 2015, 04:18 AM
Daybreak Guardian

^ I didn't know that. The last time I heard anything about the possibility of a tour was recently, after the release of BYOB. Some people asked her on Twitter about it and she said she'd like to do it but wasn't sure, and also that it would have to happen after the second season of Younger.
Old 26th August 2015, 04:53 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
I was DYING to hear One In A Million live!
THIS SO MUCH, I love that song to death

Too bad she ended BIBO era in such a haste the album has potential imo
Old 26th August 2015, 04:59 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

^ not even a fan but I agree. Gave it a listen and I like it!
Someone mentioned how music isn't her main career, it's just a side thing. Her real thing is acting or something...
Old 7th September 2015, 07:32 PM
Secret Initiate

Listening to the album right now, it's definitely not a bad album. It's fun. Arms Around a Memory and Tattoo are my favorite tracks. Tattoo is SO beautiful!