[News] ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2019ー2020 A - Page 16 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 25th November 2019, 11:00 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post
Those prices are insane.
What if this is part of a strategy in which they’re trying to make her shows seem more exclusive? I mean, the harder it is to get, the more people desire to get it. So it could make people want to attend to the next tour next year and so on. Just trying to justify the movement lol
Are they? they very normal prices for western concerts. Front row tickets often go close to a thousand dollars in an arena. We were just lucky and priviledged before to apply for international tickets, pay the same price as locals and get seats in the front. My Ayu tickets in Fukuoka were the cheapest arena tickets I ever paid for an artist and the closest I have ever been to a stage.

I know some people may say it is fair to put internationals in front because they have to pay a trip to get there, but other countries usually don't do that.
Old 26th November 2019, 05:57 AM
Daybreak Initiate

This honestly reminds me of how Madonna did her latest tour, and honestly... HATE.

They sure picked a good show to test this system out on, because more than likely people will snap up these tickets fast given it's CDL, but jfc those prices are just ridiculous.
Old 26th November 2019, 06:36 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuCanada View Post
Are they? they very normal prices for western concerts. Front row tickets often go close to a thousand dollars in an arena.
Actually there’s goodies included in those ticket prices here in the US, for close floor seats that is. It’s never a thousand for just a seat/ticket (unless it’s a scalper or someone reselling them on SeatGeek or StubHub) there’s ALWAYS something that comes with it. Like VIP packages. Typically the lowest (price) tear with a ticket “package” is a tote bag or/and a laminated ticket with a hologram.

But anyways. I’m a bit shocked Ayu is charging that much. Especially for her popularity level currently. Again, I still feel that her not doing a nation this past summer really hurt her popularity. Like a big hit. Yes she was touring, but she would’ve been able to maneuver something for a nation, even if not the headliner on the final day. It would make better sense of charging those high prices if she were more on top popularity wise. I’m kinda worried for her in that her popularity is waning and she hasn’t been releasing new music for a while...or not that consistently. Yet she tours like crazy, but there’s nothing new to it. Mainly new dance routines and she’s gotten a little more racy. But she keeps putting on shows and numbers that are expected and lackluster. I’m worried that she’s going to lose more fans and then some if she keeps this constancy going with her shows. I’m not saying that I’m losing interest. But I’m moreso concerned for where she’s heading.

Sorry for getting off-topic lol

Old 26th November 2019, 06:49 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Are they? they very normal prices for western concerts. Front row tickets often go close to a thousand dollars in an arena. We were just lucky and priviledged before to apply for international tickets, pay the same price as locals and get seats in the front. My Ayu tickets in Fukuoka were the cheapest arena tickets I ever paid for an artist and the closest I have ever been to a stage.

I know some people may say it is fair to put internationals in front because they have to pay a trip to get there, but other countries usually don't do that.
Hm, but those prices are for everyone, not international fans. And I don't know which concerts you're going to, but those also aren't usual prices for concerts in the west for regular tickets.

Some hardcore fans are probably going to pay those start prices, but the rest will be waiting until the dynamic price system kicks in and they get cheaper.
We're not in the '80's anymore when Japan's economy was great and regular people could have afforded such prices.
Taking a look at Twitter and Japanese fans are complaining about those prices and the system altogether, especially those not living round Tokyo, who have to pay transport and hotel as well. Also saw people comparing this to dinner shows, the only sort of concerts higher prices are normal in Japan.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 26th November 2019 at 09:24 AM.
Old 26th November 2019, 08:25 AM
P.S II Initiate

I do not mind paying a bit more for the VIP area, if it comes with some exclusive goodies (example below), I think some even backstage accessible and meet the singer in person.

Spoiler:

Photo steal from one of the member who posted this beauty on Céline Dion Fanclub FB.

I’m sorry for off topic too 😔
Old 26th November 2019, 09:04 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Maybe they set the ticket price higher because it´s only 1 CDL concert this time, they have the same cost for equipment and preperation (ok less for rent the hall and electricity and such) but only 1/3 of the income from tickets.

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 26th November 2019, 09:46 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ View Post
Maybe they set the ticket price higher because it´s only 1 CDL concert this time, they have the same cost for equipment and preperation (ok less for rent the hall and electricity and such) but only 1/3 of the income from tickets.
Very good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyPinkGirl View Post
Again, I still feel that her not doing a nation this past summer really hurt her popularity. Like a big hit.
Can you elaborate on that?
General public doesn't care about her anyway. Why would it hurt her? I understand that A-nation helps her to introduce herself to new people, but considering that she can't really sing anymore I don't know how many new fans she can get performing there, and her old fans can always see her on tour anyway. Same thing with live broadcasts - it's an open question if they are for better or worse in terms of influencing general public's opinion of her.

Last edited by Chris85; 26th November 2019 at 10:01 AM.
Old 26th November 2019, 10:08 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

^ depending on what kind of show she is doing, sure it might cost more, but I would imagine the previous tour was pretty lucrative considering the number of dates and that it was pretty low on production values. TBH I think they are just trying to squeeze out as much cash as possible.

On the a-nation point, the majority of people who go there to see ayu specifically are still the fans. Sure she'd get some exposure to the general public, but it's mostly people who are into avex's artist catalog and who are most likely well aware of what she is doing, so the exposure to the new fans/public is most likely minimal. She's lost a lot more when she reduced the number of her TV appearances to a couple a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Where in SA?
As of now the plan is we spend a couple of days in Brazil (Rio de Janeiro most likely) then fly to Argentina where we'd spend some time in Buenos Aires and South Patagonia and perhaps a day or two in Uruguay (Montevideo). However we are still planning! I would of course let you know if we happen to be in the same city

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 26th November 2019 at 10:17 AM.
Old 26th November 2019, 12:40 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

^ I'm not from Rio de Janeiro but I've been there before, so if you need any tips feel free to reach out

I think a-nation doesn't really help or hurt her nowadays, especially since she was touring during that time, so it's not likely she wasn't nowhere else to be seen
tbh I'm not sure even how much a-nation helps on artists popularity nowadays, it seems to me it's more like a profitable event with some well-known names than everything else, with a couple of new artists here and there.

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 26th November 2019, 02:11 PM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
I think a-nation doesn't really help or hurt her nowadays, especially since she was touring during that time, so it's not likely she wasn't nowhere else to be seen
tbh I'm not sure even how much a-nation helps on artists popularity nowadays, it seems to me it's more like a profitable event with some well-known names than everything else, with a couple of new artists here and there.
Attending A-Nation introduced me to TRF, Sandaime J Soul Brothers, EXILE, Tohoshinki. It had a positive impact on me. It also made me realize what artists I didn't like. It's ironic that I bought tickets to see specifically Ayu, but she changed her strategy and didn't perform in Osaka that year.

Last edited by Chris85; 26th November 2019 at 02:14 PM.
Old 26th November 2019, 02:15 PM
Initiate

Imagine paying this much and the band isn’t there. Lol.
Power of Music ~20th Anniversary~, 7th Apr (6) & 8th Apr 2018 (7)
Countdown Live 2019 - 2020 ~Promised Land~, 31st Dec 2019 (8)
25th Anniversary Live, 8th Apr 2023 (9)
25th Anniversary Live Tour, 18th Aug 2023 (10) — Act 1 Osaka, LUCKY BOY!!!
25th Anniversary Live Tour, 23 Mar (11) & 24 Mar 2024— Act 3 Final (Okinawa)
Old 26th November 2019, 02:19 PM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrtwb View Post
Imagine paying this much and the band isn’t there. Lol.
You're bringing up the real topics
Old 26th November 2019, 09:37 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Me on Brazil's Lollapalooza in 2015 when I bought tickets expecting to see Kodaline and Marina & The Diamonds and neither showed up lol

But either way, what I meant is that in the current days I'm not sure how many artists from avex aren't well known and can use a-nation as a boost. Maybe a few people from the audience don't know them, but most artists are already well-based in the industry, so it's different holding a festival with new artists + others who are owning the charts vs. new artists + artists well-known in the market already. That's just my two cents of someone who never put a foot in Japan tho

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 26th November 2019, 09:47 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
And I don't know which concerts you're going to, but those also aren't usual prices for concerts in the west for regular tickets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyPinkGirl View Post
Actually there’s goodies included in those ticket prices here in the US, for close floor seats that is. It’s never a thousand for just a seat/ticket
I just bought tickets for Celine Dion in Vancouver last week, the cheapest tickets were 225 CAD$ on ticket master and I am quite in the corner back. The seats in the front row were 1300$ (and there are no goods with it apart a commemorative ticket). I also paid similar price for Britney Spears and Maria Carey in Las Vegas. Last summer I went to France to see Mylene Farmer and tickets were about 300 CAD$ (EDIT: they were exactly 270$CAD) for quite far seats. They are all artists who had their prime over 10 years ago like Ayu.

So 100$-300$ for concert tickets seems pretty normal.

Last edited by AyuCanada; 27th November 2019 at 01:05 AM. Reason: revised information
Old 26th November 2019, 10:06 PM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Last summer I went to France to see Mylene Farmer and tickets were about 300 CAD$ for quite far seats.
Do you mean Carré Platine that was 205€? Because those were the best and most expensive seats.
Old 26th November 2019, 10:09 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^^ Lucky you that you got to see Mylene Farmer! I'm from France but I didn't even go even though I wanted to lol

But just because western artists are used to charge people crazy amounts of money to get tickets doesn't mean it's ok to that. Yes, it is "normal", but it doesn't mean that this is a good way to treat your fans.

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Old 26th November 2019, 11:39 PM
opening Run Initiate

Here in Russia it's completely normal that the closer to the stage the seats are or the better the view is, the more you pay. The prices depend on the popularity of the artist and the city they perform in. For popular events tickets may get more expensive closer to the date of the show. If a show is far from selling out, some discounts can (or won't) be made, depending on the tour promoter's policy. There are no lotteries or one single price for all seats here.

Last edited by Chris85; 26th November 2019 at 11:43 PM.
Old 27th November 2019, 12:05 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Older artists also tend to charge more because usually their fans are more stable economically... I mean, it's not like there are a lot of highschoolers and college students going to her concerts. Mostl likely people in their 30s and older.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 27th November 2019, 12:43 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
Do you mean Carré Platine that was 205€? Because those were the best and most expensive seats.
I just checked my tickets and I was Carre Or and 2 tickets was 370 Euros (which is 541$ CAD). It was good seats though, we were far but just above the middle door and no one sitting in front (And the show was amazing).

And I agree tickets are very expensive, as we like it or not, but the prices fits the current international market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Older artists also tend to charge more because usually their fans are more stable economically... I mean, it's not like there are a lot of highschoolers and college students going to her concerts. Mostl likely people in their 30s and older.
Ths is very true
Old 27th November 2019, 02:17 AM
still alone Initiate

Spoiler:

リハ終わりに、我らがジンさん @zin_dancer_jp のお誕生日をみんなでお祝いしましたー🐒✨✨✨

ろうそくに火をつけてスタジオの電気消してもらってハッピーバースデー歌いながらノリノリで入っていったら 、まさかのジンさんだけスタジオに居なくて(そんな事ってあるの?)笑いすぎてケーキ落とす寸 前でした🤣

そんなんも私たちっぽくて良い感じ♡

#ayumihamasakiCDL20192020
#PromisedLand 
#聖地
#代々木
Closed Thread

Tags
countdown live, countdown live 2019-2020, promised land, yoyogi