[News] Ayu to perform at Fuji TV's 2015 FNS Kayousai on 2nd Dec - Page 11 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 4th December 2015, 07:37 PM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
Well, Idk about perfect...but the constant need to find something to nitpick about is really disgusting. Idk wtf some people expect. As if she hasn't just completed two nationwide tours, released basically two albums, and dealt with a bout of pneumonia, PLUS all of the backlash on twitter from idiot fans regarding her relationship status.

Just support the fucking legend or gtfo is how I feel.

And that does not mean that criticism isn't welcomed or at times, appropriate; but it seems that certain members tend to ONLY criticize. And if that's the case, why the hell are you here? I'm not aiming this at anyone specific...but maybe some of y'all should get your ears checked. She has NEVER EVER been known for having Beyonce/Adele/Celine-like vocals. Get a grip.
Joining this!

tsumekaze_, the theme was greatest hits, not promote your new songs
Old 4th December 2015, 07:39 PM
As if.. Initiate

She looks great, a bit more mature (even if it's a big princess-like dress).
Old 4th December 2015, 07:41 PM
SCAR Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
The theme of the FNS was well-known songs... There wasn't much promotion for new music over there.

Pfff why do I ever try? People read what they want anyway.
I just didn't know that it was a best kind of show, but my opinion stays, it's not like she is performing new songs on tv as means of promotion nowadays.
In any case, I think this is like my first time "criticizing" her, I can't really understand the sarcasm you used. I assure you I'm not part of the "let's bash ayu" squad, I actually kind of defend her everytime. And anyway, it wasn't even a critique, on the contrary, I was just saying that I think she still has IT and that were she to show her new songs on tv many more would know about the beauty of her latest songs and albums, which I found epic as well as the first ones. That is.

Last edited by tsumekaze_; 4th December 2015 at 07:45 PM.
Old 4th December 2015, 08:41 PM
Voyage Initiate

Cute performance! I enjoyed it!
Old 4th December 2015, 09:46 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsumekaze_ View Post
I just didn't know that it was a best kind of show, but my opinion stays, it's not like she is performing new songs on tv as means of promotion nowadays.
In any case, I think this is like my first time "criticizing" her, I can't really understand the sarcasm you used. I assure you I'm not part of the "let's bash ayu" squad, I actually kind of defend her everytime. And anyway, it wasn't even a critique, on the contrary, I was just saying that I think she still has IT and that were she to show her new songs on tv many more would know about the beauty of her latest songs and albums, which I found epic as well as the first ones. That is.
Well, it was a general reply, you were just the latest person to complain about the same thing.

People keep on complaining she doesn't sing new stuff on TV, when the fact is that she isn't singing anything on TV. When she does, usually is the latest release, unless she is some special show that REQUIRES her to sing her classics, like the SONGS special or this FNS. Even when she sing she most well known songs, it's not rare for it to be paired with whatever she is promoting at the moment.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 5th December 2015, 12:02 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

It's SEASONS again, but we have to agree in this: this is one of her best tv performances in many years.

TWICE

Old 5th December 2015, 02:26 PM
SCAR Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Well, it was a general reply, you were just the latest person to complain about the same thing.

People keep on complaining she doesn't sing new stuff on TV, when the fact is that she isn't singing anything on TV. When she does, usually is the latest release, unless she is some special show that REQUIRES her to sing her classics, like the SONGS special or this FNS. Even when she sing she most well known songs, it's not rare for it to be paired with whatever she is promoting at the moment.
No problem, I get how frustrating it is when people keep complaining about the same thing, I get frustrated too.
My remark was indeed directed at the fact that she doesn't accept prizes/sing on tv anymore. It's not really a critique because I know she must have her reasons and I respect that, it's just sad because I believe some more promotion could do her well at this point, especially because she can give such beautiful performances lately which let's be honest she's struggled with in the past years. This SEASONS performance was one of it, but my point is, lately she's been on tv almost always for older stuff (latest kohaku included where she didn't perform the newest songs, I get why though). on this kind of "best hits" programs. Why won't she promote new stuff regularly anymore? She did go on MSTA special with last minute (+ M) and that was breathtaking. And after that, a lot of people actually responded well, because many japanese don't even know she's releasing new stuff anymore.

I just wonder how many songs which have received a tiepid response would have become hits if released as proper singles + given the right promotion.
I don't really care how "popular" she is, I never listened to her for numbers of cd sold in the first place, it's just a general reflection, because I believe that 3/4 of the new stuff she produced is as good as the older stuff but many people can't seem to recognise that because either she is selling less (and apparently for many people quantity sold= quality) or because some of them don't even know she is still releasing stuff (majority of japanese people). It's frustrating! A ONE is as good as RAINBOW, imho, and while I do agree she releases a lot of songs with more "generic" lyrics nowadays, just reading the lyrics to "out of control" or "last minute" gives me chills just as any of her older, more popular songs.
Old 5th December 2015, 06:22 PM
Lelio Protector

Seriously, I watched SEASONS performance again and it was so heavenly.

If one wants to be fair - and that goes for "musical experts" as well. Her only 2 problems were at the part before the first chorus and the first La-lai. She was technically on point afterwards and not off-pitch at all, she sang really good. I don't like how people actually saying she is not a technical singer and how people say she doesn't sing good because she doesn't sound like used to, while we have THIS performance to prove otherwise, and on TV. Btw technical singers don't always sing perfect all song through as well. You can see all the performance through that she controls her voice (and vibratos) really really well. (Again except for the two small parts mentioned).

Last edited by ayumisrael; 5th December 2015 at 06:24 PM.
Old 6th December 2015, 12:41 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsumekaze_ View Post
No problem, I get how frustrating it is when people keep complaining about the same thing, I get frustrated too.
My remark was indeed directed at the fact that she doesn't accept prizes/sing on tv anymore. It's not really a critique because I know she must have her reasons and I respect that, it's just sad because I believe some more promotion could do her well at this point, especially because she can give such beautiful performances lately which let's be honest she's struggled with in the past years. This SEASONS performance was one of it, but my point is, lately she's been on tv almost always for older stuff (latest kohaku included where she didn't perform the newest songs, I get why though). on this kind of "best hits" programs. Why won't she promote new stuff regularly anymore? She did go on MSTA special with last minute (+ M) and that was breathtaking. And after that, a lot of people actually responded well, because many japanese don't even know she's releasing new stuff anymore.

I just wonder how many songs which have received a tiepid response would have become hits if released as proper singles + given the right promotion.
I don't really care how "popular" she is, I never listened to her for numbers of cd sold in the first place, it's just a general reflection, because I believe that 3/4 of the new stuff she produced is as good as the older stuff but many people can't seem to recognise that because either she is selling less (and apparently for many people quantity sold= quality) or because some of them don't even know she is still releasing stuff (majority of japanese people). It's frustrating! A ONE is as good as RAINBOW, imho, and while I do agree she releases a lot of songs with more "generic" lyrics nowadays, just reading the lyrics to "out of control" or "last minute" gives me chills just as any of her older, more popular songs.
Well, she performed just before the final act, on a very long TV special... Usually, the most pretigious the artist, the later they perform. If this shows something by itself, she still is regarded as bigger than most by the public. Being just behind SMAP isn't anything bad at all.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 6th December 2015, 02:43 AM
winding road H-Initiate

^ very true. This special had some of the current most popular artists (like Johnny's, Sandaime and AKB48) and yet Ayu was given one of the most prestigious spots... and people still make a drama about her not being relevant and popular anymore

Obviously, Ayu and her classics are still relevant. The sales of her newer releases might not be what they once where, but with everything she achieved, it's going to take a veeeery long time for her to stop being relevant.

Last edited by pimenta; 6th December 2015 at 02:47 AM.
Old 6th December 2015, 03:58 AM
P.S II Initiate

I'm glad no dancer/s on the stage....
Old 6th December 2015, 07:00 AM
from your letter Initiate

Yeah I thought the performance was almost near flawless. But for me, the only thing was that Timmy's and Peco's (or is it Princess I'm not even sure anymore lmao) outfits threw me off xD. Like I was enjoying Ayu's beautiful dress and the orchestra and the decor in the background and then BAM. Those two hot messes just pop up hahaha. I know it's their outfits from the tour but they at least should've threw on something more appropriate to the scene lol.

ANYWAY imo, Ayu hasn't been singing her classics well to me like at all since '07, and the last time she did SEASONS well was PoM. She sounds even better here though. I'm really happy she's still got her game!

you attack my heart.

Old 6th December 2015, 07:47 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

I thought this was one of her best lives in ages, possibly one of her best of all time for SEASONS. She looked gorgeous as well and the orchestra setting was really nice.

I do think the Circus costumes were kinda OTT though lol they should've worn something more appropriate

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 6th December 2015, 10:41 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

I was so pleasantly surprised by this performance, she sounded beautiful. I can tell she's been working hard to perfect the way she performs SEASONS with her new voice. I'm really proud of her. She also looked stunning, I love her big dresses
Old 6th December 2015, 11:34 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimenta View Post
^ very true. This special had some of the current most popular artists (like Johnny's, Sandaime and AKB48) and yet Ayu was given one of the most prestigious spots... and people still make a drama about her not being relevant and popular anymore

Obviously, Ayu and her classics are still relevant. The sales of her newer releases might not be what they once where, but with everything she achieved, it's going to take a veeeery long time for her to stop being relevant.
I don't think that being relevant or popular has much to do with it in ayu's case. Even though she isn't the big hit maker she once was, people in the business still respect her because she was really the biggest thing in the country for a few years. People say she isn't a big deal anymore but I think people still have thing of "oh shit it's hamasaki ayumi, wow"

ROCK'N'ROLL

rock chick

Old 7th December 2015, 03:59 PM
poker face Initiate

I enjoyed it a lot. Didn't want to hear SEASONS yet again, but given the circumstances with the show's theme, she probably didn't have a say in the matter. I do love SEASONS, it's just belongs to the overpreformed ones and to me it has become a little bit boring.

She did great and wasn't struggling. I generally love all variations of her voice but I didn't find anything weird with that one, it was so good. On the second shot of the tv rip she looks like that photoshoot from 1995, I was shocked lol. Not to mention that it was a very interesting arrangement, starting almost acapella, then gradually becoming instrumentally richer. Really great rendition of the song.

Btw, can anyone give me a link for Mika's performance? I can't seem to find it in YT / Dailymotion and it's not on JPS either. =/
Old 8th December 2015, 01:36 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Her voice actually got better, comparing to her last performance of SEASONS in this show, she got a lot better.

praying for your souls

Old 8th December 2015, 02:31 AM
JEWEL Initiate

I finally saw the performance! She sounded excellent! And she looked great. Very tan, she must have been to the beach recently
Old 8th December 2015, 09:16 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

It's probably a little OT, but I have a serious question. Since I have found this forum some years ago, I always read that people are complaining about Ayu not hitting the right notes and whatever. Is there really someone on this forum who became a fan of Ayu because of her flawless voice and her perfect kind of singing? Maybe I’m mistaken but I think she never or very rarely sounds perfect. I watched her SEASONS performance on Kouhaku in 2000 some days ago and there she didn’t sound flawless either. I think that she sounded very cute and gentle but also a little screechy back then in 2000.
I became a fan because of the emotions she conveys with her music and lyrics and because I think that she has a pleasant voice, but I certainly didn’t became a fan because of her perfect singing-technique. Maybe someone could give me an example of a performance where she sung “flawless”?
However, I don't really have an idea of how to sing properly so I hope you don’t mind my question ^^

I really like this year’s performance of SEASONS and Ayu looked so stunning. The only thing that bothers me are the outfits of Timmy and Princess, imo they were not really appropriate.

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ