CONGRATULATION!!!!! ayu regain NO.1 in ORICON!! - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 17th September 2005, 05:23 PM
from your letter Initiate

yay! hahaha i was worried about this single, i mean, i thought that perhaps she'll be in no.3 or something..... but thank god it's no.1

although she regains the no 1 it still doesn't change the fact that HEAVEN didn't debut at #1 right? and MS stupid mistake made that fact happenned.
Old 17th September 2005, 06:36 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]
yay! hahaha i was worried about this single, i mean, i thought that perhaps she'll be in no.3 or something..... but thank god it's no.1

although she regains the no 1 it still doesn't change the fact that HEAVEN didn't debut at #1 right? and MS stupid mistake made that fact happenned.
The weekly result is what counts overall, not the first day result. On all those retrospective shows that they do, as well as CDTV every week, it is the single that was #1 for that week, not the first day.
Old 17th September 2005, 06:51 PM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

yeah. usually i dun really care about daily ranking because weekly ranking is what people look for. HOWEVER... in this situation we have to take care daily ranking.

Now it's safe that to say that ayu should get no. 1 on sunday and monday as well (if the MS effect and CDs at theatre are true). What my concern is that I hope the first two day sales are not that dynamic. I mean. If that boy band sold like 50,000 more copies in the first day we won't know who's no. 1 even ayu is getting no. 1 in the following two days.
Old 17th September 2005, 07:22 PM
I am... Initiate

congrats to ayu for being no.1
Old 17th September 2005, 07:54 PM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie
if you have been following oricon rankings you will notice that usually big artists take turns to release singles. They seldomly release singles at the same time so it's like they make sure themselves getting no. 1 with no struggling. How often do you see hikki vs. ayu? Only twice in your life so far (I hope they're not going to battle again in the future ). Have you ever seen B'z vs. ayu, KinKi Kids vs. B'z, hikki vs. KinKi Kids? According to my memory, the "big artist" that Ayu against the most is actually not hikki... but it's Mai Kuraki instead.

vogue vs. Secret of my heart (no. 3 and no. 2 in the end respectively)
SURREAL vs. Simply Wonderful (no. 1 and no. 2)
Free & Easy vs. feel fine! (no. 1 and no. 2)

so practically you don't see much of no. 1 artist vs. no. 1 artist.
um.......so releasing a single at the same time with other big artist is a no-no? Are you saying that they dont want to compete for the nr 1 spot? isn't that sheating? That they release a single when there are no threat?
I dont understand.......

~Love, Light, Vibration~
Old 17th September 2005, 08:36 PM

Let's say.. ayu won't release single with B'z in the same week cuz B'z can knock down ayu easily now... But back then when ayu was popular B'z did the same thing to avoid ayu. If the artists has been creating several consecutive no. 1s, they will try to maintain the stream as much as possible. That's why you won't see KinKi Kids' singles vs. any big artists' ones. Same to another other big artists (unless they want a fight). At this moment I dun think avex will make any crazy idea to chop off ayu's no. 1 road.

So if you see a big artist not getting no. 1, that means a new big artist is popping out suddenly (I doubt that Johnny boy band is big tho... unless their sales figure is over 200,000 copies. Otherwise I will just think it's avex error this time. I mean come on.. to beat ayu that artist must sell over 170,000 copies per week, which is the average of ayu selling in the debut week... If HEAVEN got less than 150,000 it's like something wrong going around ayu but not her competitors).
Old 17th September 2005, 09:23 PM
SCAR Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamogi
but there is bad news too, 関ジャニ∞ will hold a hand shaking event on Sat and Sun, they only let those fans who have "RE-BUY" the CD on those two places where the event will be held to enter, It MUST boost some CD sale on those 2 days
I am glad that Heaven has made the no.1 spot for 2 days but I am worried about if it can still maintain the no.1 spot on sat and sun. Since Yamogi said that stuff about that handshaking stuff that stupid boyband is doing... ( I wish they do it one week or 2 weeks later... instead) I am really hoping that it will be no.1 on the weekly chart.
Old 18th September 2005, 12:26 AM

I kinda think the handshaking event is not that horrible... unless they can handshake with over 10,000 fans in one day, then you can start to be worried. One fan shaking with 7 idols, that will take a bit of time. let's say that can do 420 fans in one hour (dun tell me that only need 5 seconds per fan... i assume they can handshake with 7 fans per one minute at max?)... they're not going to do 24 hours. So lemme guess it's like 7 hours handshaking nonstop then, so it will be like 2940 fans will be lucky enough for that. Let's say 5000 fans cannot get handshake but still wanna see the boys, and half of them buying cds again to support their idols... so it's like almost 5500 extra copies will be sold because of the handshaking event on Sat.

Hmmn... will that 5500 cds affect the ranking??

Now we focus on ayu's cds at theatres... let's say there're 50 theatres showing SHINOBI (i'm not really sure if this number is too big or too small... I dunno the distribution of theatres in JPN), each sell like er.. let's say 100 cd per day. so it's like 5000 CD will be sold because of SHINOBI on Sat (is that too exaggerative btw?).

hmmn... if they both have extra sales... it's like a tie... and i'm showing that probly the handshaking event won't be that harmful as we have some greatest Ninjas to support ayu's music . Probly my thing isn't that logical, but we should have faith on ayu anywayz .
Old 18th September 2005, 12:43 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namie
um.......so releasing a single at the same time with other big artist is a no-no? Are you saying that they dont want to compete for the nr 1 spot? isn't that sheating? That they release a single when there are no threat?
I dont understand.......
No, it's not cheating. It's smart because it would take away from sales for both artists.
Old 18th September 2005, 02:29 AM
BALLAD Initiate

Smile

go!!! ayu will be always no 1!!!

My Instagram

Old 18th September 2005, 02:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkm444
Since Yamogi said that stuff about that handshaking stuff that stupid boyband is doing... ( I wish they do it one week or 2 weeks later... instead) I am really hoping that it will be no.1 on the weekly chart.
Ooh mean.. If two artistes release singles on the same time, it can be hazardous to their career or it may give them a boost! Lets say Ayu gets #2 and DAI gets number #1 on the same day. Then every single form of media will report this and they will come to the conclusion of "Ayumi Hamasaki no longer popular. Goodbye Ayu" or something stupid like that. Even if Ayu sold 499999 and DAI sold 500000..
Old 18th September 2005, 11:34 AM

Seems like the handshaking event didn't work out as good as expect on Sat... Ayu gets no. 1 again on the 17th hehe

Last edited by bluegie; 18th September 2005 at 08:51 PM.
Old 18th September 2005, 12:10 PM
Far away Initiate

yes!!
and HEAVEN MUST BE WEEKLY NO.1!!!
YAY~~buttoms up!
Old 18th September 2005, 12:21 PM
Banned

I think its kinda mean to be happy that Kanjani8 had to cancel the handshaking event.. BUT I'M SO HAPPY AND RELIEVED!!! AYU NUMBER 1!!! She has another week to go before Hikki comes in and pushes her down from HEAVEN though.. I hope Ayu would stay withink the top 2 for some time..
Old 18th September 2005, 01:36 PM
SURREAL Initiate

yokatta! ^^ atleast she regain i don't cre if she got 3rd in the first place!
still her songs is more important than the rankings! ^^

Old 18th September 2005, 01:52 PM
monochrome Initiate

I haven't read all 5 pages of this thread, but I wonder if her iTunes sales have anything to do with this. If anybody has mentioned this already, I think I agree with that.
The song "Heaven" is #1 and "Will" is #4 on iTunes song downloads, and the whole single is #4 on the albums downloads, which must mean that she's selling a lot of songs there instead of in CD format.
Old 18th September 2005, 02:54 PM
Depend on you Initiate

How Much would it be to buy songs on iTunes?
Will it be cheaper than buying singles (CD)?
No wonder her singles are decreasing...
Old 18th September 2005, 04:19 PM
Initiate

Omedetou gozaimasu, Ayu!

Mnay thanks to yamogi for the news! I did not know her debut was affected by a series of unfortunate events, but now that Ayu is back on top I hope she will continue to strive in her music! Cheers!

The handshake event is quite interesting! When Darren Hayes visited my country only fans who made same-day puchases of the CD could get qualify for the autograph session… I had to buy a second copy but it was worth it! So yes, I think fans will buy second copies of Kanjani 8's single. But I don't think HEAVEN is a slouch, either. Go Ayu!
Old 18th September 2005, 08:14 PM
devilayu

Quote:
Originally Posted by icy_iven
How Much would it be to buy songs on iTunes?
Will it be cheaper than buying singles (CD)?
No wonder her singles are decreasing...
iTunes songs are generally $0.99/song for stateside artists but the page I've seen for Ayumi music on Japanese iTunes has singles listed from about 300 yen (for the 3" singles) to more for recent and maxis. It's cheaper to buy through iTunes but not by that much. Considering iTunes is very, very recent in Japan, it has not contributed to her selling less singles.
Old 19th September 2005, 11:03 AM
from your letter Initiate

Ayu still first today ^^