[ARASHI] The 37th thread ~ 57th single BRAVE (11.09.19) - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 18th January 2019, 07:08 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

ARASHI will perform on MUSIC STATION's 1st Feb special 3 hours episode

Quote:
2019.02.01.FRI
PM 7:00

テレビ朝日開局60周年 3時間SP

嵐ら豪華出演者が集結!
テレビ朝日に眠る60年分の貴重映像を大公開!
大物スターの意外な共演やハプニングシーンなど
2度と見られない名場面が続々!!

ラインアップは近日公開!
お楽しみに!
https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/music/contents/m_lineup/cur/

1st Feb's 3 hours special episode is to celebrate TV Asahi's 60th year anniversary

For now , only ARASHI is confirmed to perform . Other artistes' names will be announced soon

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 19th January 2019, 09:34 AM

Streaming of Thurs's Sakurai ・Ariyoshi THE Yakai

https://www.facebook.com/TormentaEst...coAg&__tn__=-R

Guests were KAT-TUN's Ueda , actor Nakamura Tomoya & actress Adachi Yumi

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 19th January 2019, 12:21 PM

Yesterday / this month's Shounen Club Premium aired 2 segments featuring ARASHI

ARASHI Anniversary Tour 5x20 , 23rd Dec 2018 from Tokyo Dome

And also a Shounen Club Premium 2006 - 2009 performance montage featuring these performances :

- WISH
- Kitto Daijoubu
- Love so sweet
- We can make it!
- Step and Go
- Happiness
- My Answer
- One Love
- Beautiful days
- truth
- Kaze no Mukou e

Frankly I'm so surprised ARASHI has not appear on SCP for almost 10 years now o_o and also surprised to see My Answer in the montage

So before Find The Answer , there was My Answer

Old 20th January 2019, 09:39 AM

Streaming of last night's Arashi ni Shiyagare

https://www.facebook.com/TormentaEst...Cfzw&__tn__=-R

Old 20th January 2019, 02:56 PM

Last night's Arashi ni Shiyagare

https://www.urajp.eu/%e5%b5%90%e3%81...8c-2019-01-19/

Old 24th January 2019, 09:14 AM

KAT-TUN's Ueda will be the Plus One guest for tonight's VS ARASHI

https://twitter.com/fujitv/status/1088209778961076225

Old 24th January 2019, 08:53 PM

Happy birthday Sakurai , he turns 37

Old 25th January 2019, 09:17 AM

Streaming of last night's VS ARASHI with KAT-TUN's Ueda as Plus One Guest

https://www.facebook.com/TormentaEst...d-NQ&__tn__=-R

Sakurai's birthday was celebrated a day early x)

Old 25th January 2019, 05:31 PM

Streaming of last night's Sakurai ・Ariyoshi THE Yakai

https://www.facebook.com/TormentaEst...dT-o&__tn__=-R

Guests include actor Takito Kenichi & siblings Kiko Mizuhara + Ashley Yuka Daniel

Old 26th January 2019, 10:55 PM

Tower Records issued a special receipt in celebration of Sakurai's birthday

https://www.facebook.com/sunrisenipp..._UB7&__tn__=-R

Ahahahaha , the infamous Cactus Snowman drawing is back

Old 27th January 2019, 11:12 AM

Thurs's VS ARASHI with KAT-TUN's Ueda as the Plus One Guest

https://www.urajp.eu/vs%e5%b5%90-2019-01-24/

Seeing the way Ueda idolising over Sakurai was quite funny

Old 27th January 2019, 02:30 PM

Streaming of last night's Arashi ni Shiyagare

https://www.facebook.com/TormentaEst...Np4A&__tn__=-R

===

Announced a few mins ago on their fanclub site , ARASHI will go on hiatus from end of 2020 onwards O__O

Quote:
Arashi going on hiatus at the end of 2020. Someone else will do a better summary later but basically they've been discussing this multiple, multiple times since June 2017 when Ohno brought it up because he wanted to focus on his own work. There's an 8-min vid for FC members.
https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2128297/full/
https://twitter.com/LTGMars/status/1089438945023127552

Oh dear , I'm not surprised in a way they've been working so hard the past 20 years or more so it's about time for them to go on a well deserved break

Damn this means 5x20 concert tickets will now be even more harder to get than ever before

Old 27th January 2019, 06:35 PM

Arashi Announces Hiatus

Quote:
Japanese idol group Arashi announced they will go on hiatus next year.

The group revealed the news via their fanclub site today. Leader Ohno Satoshi wrote: "We, Arashi, have something to say to our fans. We've talked a lot about this and decided that Arashi will go on hiatus on December 31st, 2020. " Each member talked about this decision on their fanclub page.

Ohno Satoshi explains that it's time that the members will go their own ways and ends with saying that he still wants to enjoy the upcoming 2 years together with everyone.

Arashi started group activities in September 1999. They are one of the most popular Japanese boy groups, so last year they reached #1 at Oricon's survey of the favourite music act of the year for the 8th time.
https://www.jpopasia.com/feed/25141/...ounces-hiatus/

The fact that it was Ohno that suggested to go on hiatus & not the rest , that means something

Wonder was Ohno inspired by ex Kanjani∞'s Subaru to do so

Old 28th January 2019, 04:23 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

They announced a hiatus 2 years before, that's weird. Even if I don't listen to ARASHI's music very often, I know they're legends, and they deserve a break.

TWICE

Old 28th January 2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adantatu2 View Post
They announced a hiatus 2 years before, that's weird. Even if I don't listen to ARASHI's music very often, I know they're legends, and they deserve a break.
Not announced but leader Ohno discussed with the other members way back in June 2017

ARASHI held an emergency press con yesterday discussing about this & you can read a partial translated transcript of what they said via

https://www.facebook.com/sunrisenipp...nVW&__tn__=K-R

Translated statement issued by Johnny & Associates

https://www.facebook.com/sunrisenipp...joo0&__tn__=-R

This's something that's not a sudden decision & it's a gradual thing . The fact that Ohno wanted to leave initially , that could have been a much worst scenario

And I agree with what Sakurai said , without Ohno , ARASHI is not ARASHI , it would be like a chair missing 1 of its feet

Anyway , it's not as though ARASHI wouldn't disappear as each of them can still do their own thing , just like when NEWS & KAT-TUN had similar equally heartbreaking hiatus

This year is supposed to be a big year for ARASHI & for this to get announced yesterday , it's kinda bittersweet :x

Last edited by KarenPang; 28th January 2019 at 09:44 AM.
Old 28th January 2019, 04:06 PM

Last Sat's Arashi ni Shigayare

https://www.urajp.eu/%e5%b5%90%e3%81...8c-2019-01-26/

===

Arashi Members Talk About Hiatus In Press Conference

Quote:
Yesterday Japanese idol group Arashi shocked their fans with the announcement to go on hiatus on December 31st, 2020. In a press conference they talked about the reason for this decision.

Ohno Satoshi , 38, the leader of the group, revealed at the press conference that he wanted to live a free life and this is not possible for him the way it is now. "Around the middle of June 2017, I told other members that I wanted to end the activities as Arashi for now. I wanted to get away from this world and experience a normal life."

In February 2018 the members talked about this decision with their management. After many discussions they decided that instead of Ohno leaving completely, the whole band will go on hiatus. Ohno will take a break from the entertainment industry as of 2021 while the other members stated to not leave the industry.

Ninomiya Kazunari , 35, hopes that Ohno doesn't have to bear all the criticism. He says that "if that's the case then that is a failure on all of our parts".

"It's tough if one person's views can decide the future of Arashi but it is also not right to tie down the life of a person," states Sakurai Sho , 37. They support him completely on his future path.
https://www.jpopasia.com/feed/25142/arashi/

It beats the alternative which's outright disband which I don't want to see especially after what happened to SMAP & Tackey and Tsubasa :s

Sakurai will discuss about this matter live on tonight's NEWS ZERO

Old 29th January 2019, 03:07 PM

Arashi talk about their hiatus at press conference

Extremely long yet very extensive detailed article Tokyohive translated so I put it in a spoiler

Spoiler:

On January 27, Arashi held a press conference regarding their hiatus.

At the beginning, leader Ohno Satoshi greeted, "We made this announcement to our fans earlier. It has been decided that Arashi will take a break after December 31, 2020." When asked by reporters, "What are the details that led to this decision?" Ohno explained with a serious face, "I asked the members to get together in the middle of June in 2017 and told them how I felt. I wanted to temporarily end my activities in Arashi. I told them that I wanted to be active independently, and after discussing it multiple times, we reached the decision to take a break." He continued, "After sharing my feelings, I met with the members individually and listened to their feelings. Then the five of us met many times to talk about it, and finally had people from the agency join in on the discussion. We explained this to the agency in February of 2018, then made the decision in June of 2018."

Ohno actually thought about retiring from Johnny's in the beginning, but after discussing it with the members and staff, he decided to take a hiatus from group activities. On his plans in 2021 and beyond, he said, "I haven't made a concrete decision on what I'm going to do, but I want to take a break from this world, and see things I've never seen before. Since entering this business, I don't have experience with normal life, so I'm interested." When asked when they would be resuming their activities, the other members said, "We haven't decided anything," which lightened the mood.

There have been some rumours that Arashi will be disbanding to which Matsumoto Jun denied, "We are not disbanding." Ninomiya Kazunari said he was in shock when he heard Ohno's feelings back in 2017, "We are not Arashi with four members or six members, but we are Arashi with these five members. Without the five of us, we aren't able to give a 100% performance." Sakurai Sho reflected on the time when he received the text from Ohno, "Rather than a discussion, it was more like determination. That it's difficult to decide the fate of Arashi just by one person's feelings. At the same time, we couldn't tie someone down just by another person's feelings. No matter how much time we had spent, we had to find a common ground in which everyone agreed on. That was my role."

Matsumoto stated, "I've always felt that starting and continuing group activities relied on the members' strong determination." "When I heard leader's feelings, I wasn't surprised. When we thought about our future through our many discussions, we felt that 2020 was the best timing."

Aiba Masaki looked back, "I was really surprised when I first heard about it. I thought, 'No way!' You need to be prepared when confronted with reality, so when I talked to leader, I thought about if there was any way to continue Arashi." He added, "I felt that it was wrong to make leader continue when he wasn't facing in the same direction. Also, it would be difficult if one of us left, so we decided to move forward accepting leader's feelings."

Ohno shared that he felt sorry towards the members, "All of us felt in our hearts that we wouldn't be Arashi if one person left. Every day until 2020 will be cherished." While accepting Ohno's thoughts, the members apparent had different opinions. Ninomiya said, "Rather than being opposed to it, I asked leader if we could continue," and Sakurai revealed, "It was difficult to think about disbanding with just the pros and cons. We all have our feelings. There might be those who would try to stop him, and there might also be those who would understand his feelings and head in that direction..."

Sakurai continued, "It took some time for everyone's feelings to reach the same place. We've been together for over 20 years, so we respect each other. There wasn't anybody who flipped over the desk saying, 'What in the world?!'" Aiba emphasised that the members are not on bad terms due to this, "We got closer as we spent more time talking."

On their activities after 2020, Aiba responded, "I have no plans on taking a break." Meanwhile, Matsumoto said, "I think it will be a time when I can challenge myself to things I've never done before." Sakurai answered, "The only thing I have in my head right now is Arashi until December 31, 2020. I haven't thought about anything beyond that."

Finally, Ninomiya said, "I haven't thought about anything in 2021 and beyond. It is my happiness and joy that we will be able to work together until the end of 2020, so at any rate, I hope to create as many memories as possible together with everyone who support us."

Reporters also asked them about their fan's feelings and expectations. Sakurai stated, "They've been dealing with our selfishness over all these years, so I think this is our last selfish act." On what they want to do before their hiatus, Matsumoto revealed, "We want to hold events. We want to release a best-of album and a video collection. There are many things we want to do."

To their fans, Ohno called out, "I think you are feeling many things right now, but I will think about how we can return thanks to our fans in the next two years." Matsumoto expressed, "After today's announcement, we will live everyday positively until 2020. I think you will be able to have a peace of mind when seeing the atmosphere at one of our variety shows." Sakurai stated, "There are dreams that we can only achieve as Arashi. There are mountains of sights that we can only see as Arashi. We hope the fans can run with us in order to see those sights." Similarly, Aiba said, "With the time that we have, we have to entertain those who watch us. We will do our best the next two years." Finally, Ninomiya apologized to the fans for the chaos, "Looking forward, I think there will be hard times, so by facing our fans, I hope to make the next two years something that will make you say 'Arashi is the best.'"

During his break, Ohno hopes to keep his looks and physique. "When you stop appearing on TV, you suddenly start to age. I need to rest while being more careful than the other four," he said.

The press conference ended with a word from each of the members.

"I am very thankful to have met these four. I was able to see many things thanks to the fans. Thank you very much. I will do my best so you can enjoy these two years, so please support Arashi until the very end." (Aiba)

"Right now, I hope that our words have reached our fans. We talked about many things and reached this decision. What I feel most strongly about is that I love Arashi. With those feelings in mind, I will continue my activities." (Matsumoto)

"I feel very sorry that I surprised many people. It's really a decision that the five of us reached after many many discussions. The remaining two years, I hope to work hard as Arashi while thinking about what I can do in Arashi, as well as an individual." (Ohno)

"Arashi isn't Arashi without these five members. We will run through the next two years. I hope you will run with us while dreaming the same dreams and seeing the same sights." (Sakurai)

"As before, so that these 20 years are not a lie, I hope the five of us can make memories with our fans. Starting with leader's feelings, we've reached this conclusion, but in order for him to rest well, we will put all of our efforts into each and every job. Please continue to support us." (Ninomiya)

Arashi is currently in the middle of their anniversary tour 'ARASHI ANNIVERSARY LIVE TOUR 5×20' which will run until December.

http://www.tokyohive.com/article/201...ess-conference

My sister watched last Sun's press conference & she said that Sakurai looked quite agitated during the event while MatsuJun was calm and collected about it

I also think it's time for a new best album & PV video collection to get released before they go on hiatus as it has been a decade since All the BEST! 1999~2009 and 5×10 All the BEST! CLIPS 1999-2009 were released respectively

Old 30th January 2019, 09:26 AM

ARASHI will perform Kimi no Uta & Kansha Kangeki Ame Arashi at this Fri's MUSIC STATION 3 hours special episode

https://natalie.mu/music/news/317942

Old 30th January 2019, 11:50 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Copy-and-pasting from the Amuro Namie thread, this one's a good read from NHK World:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfe. View Post
Even in retirement Namie is a trendsetter...

Anyone else feel like Arashi's surprise announcement to go on hiatus was influenced by Namie's retirement? Their reasons sound very similar in this article.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/nhkn...popstararashi/
Old 30th January 2019, 01:00 PM

^ seriously ?

===

KAT-TUN's Ueda in VS Arashi 19.01.24

SHO: Ueda-kun, how's today?
UEDA: We couldn't celebrate Aniki's birthday with victory, so please let me give you your birthday present another time.
SHO: What about the rest of ARASHI members?
UEDA: Err............ I've had so much fun.
NINO: You're not even interested in us!
SHO: STOP IT! HE'S JUST SHY!

https://www.facebook.com/sunrisenipp...Q6nH&__tn__=-R

Closed Thread

Tags
arashi