「Party Queen」 Thoughts on album? - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 13th March 2012, 10:18 PM
monochrome Initiate

RETURN ROAD is one of the best songs she has ever made.

Old 13th March 2012, 10:20 PM
Because of You Initiate

I have to say this album makes me feel like I was lost all this time and came home, exactly where I belong. The fammiliarity I hear in every song with what I fell in love in Ayu's works from the very fist listen is there. It makes me tear up.
Old 13th March 2012, 10:22 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJason View Post
I guess that some people are just born with that skill. Or they make up their own facts.
Or maybe some people just know more about a topic than you because they've actually been in studio with a couple bands before and have taken vocal lessons, but I guess that's is an impossible idea for you.

Seriously...ugh. Music is science, the more knowledge you have the more you can judge in that specific area. I have little knowledge on composition and cannot judge that objectively, but I HAVE knowledge on vocal technique and what amount of editing is possible in studio without leaving obvious traces. And most people are only oblivious to such traces because they haven't learned how to spot them.
Old 13th March 2012, 10:23 PM
End of the World Initiate

^ or, like me, you liked it when she sung like a dying cat and don't care how technically correct singers are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
I have to say this album makes me feel like I was lost all this time and came home, exactly where I belong. The fammiliarity I hear in every song with what I fell in love in Ayu's works from the very fist listen is there. It makes me tear up.
I don't get this with Party Queen, but this feeling is what made me love crossroad, Virgin Road, November and Last Angel

It's... magical ♥
Old 13th March 2012, 10:25 PM
Lelio Protector

This album is just a masterpiece.

I don't get where the vocals thing's coming from, I actually feel that her vocals compliment these songs and vice versa.
Old 13th March 2012, 10:26 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Listening to the album for the third time repeatedly now O__o

Actually I did not plan to miss out the dinner but well, Ima order Pizza instead :/
Old 13th March 2012, 10:27 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by relmy View Post
^ or, like me, you liked it when she sung like a dying cat and don't care how technically correct singers are!
And that's completely fine I love Christina Aguilera's vocals and technically she's a lost cause, too haha

I just get really annoyed when people post some total crap about Ayumi's vocals and don't even try to state it as opinion but give no reasoning either. Where you can see it boils down to just liking it or not.
Old 13th March 2012, 10:28 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

OMG !!! I LOVE EVERY SONG in this ALBUM.. twice better than LOVE SONGS !.. gonna pre order it right NOW
Old 13th March 2012, 10:29 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
On vocals - she doesn't even sound like Ayu anymore to me :S Even compared to her MY STORY days she sounds SO different now. I don't know when she stopped sounding like Ayu to me, it's been going on slowly since GUILTY I think, because she still has that high pitched tinge in Secret. Then again, she sounded as close as she can to "old Ayu" on Love Songs to me.
I think something changed drastically in her voice after NL, of course after (m)u it was worsening already back then. Can't say for sure.
Old 13th March 2012, 10:30 PM
monochrome Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
This album is just a masterpiece.

I don't get where the vocals thing's coming from, I actually feel that her vocals compliment these songs and vice versa.
I'm reading so much TRUTH here.

Old 13th March 2012, 10:35 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard box View Post
I think something changed drastically in her voice after NL, of course after (m)u it was worsening already back then. Can't say for sure.
Probably a mix of damage from her old vocals, age, and having to re train to a style that was healthy and correct.

It's just weird how she sounds... completely different (in my opinion). It's been gradual, so I've never really noticed it, but after listening to PQ it skipped to JEWEL and I was taken aback at the difference in her voice! Then I listened to Voyage, it was crazy. It's like Voyage to JEWEL progression was understandable, but comparing them both to PQ was crazy!

I'm not sure how I feel about it to be honest, I like how she sings now, but her old vocals are like hearing an old friend. It comforting. I don't like change!!!
Old 13th March 2012, 10:37 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Is it too early to claim this as her best album yet?! I'm only up to Letter but I'm ready to give Party Queen the crown already!!
Old 13th March 2012, 10:38 PM
monochrome Initiate

^change or die, if u don't like change, the u have a big problem cause that's how LIFE is all about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
Is it too early to claim this as her best album yet?! I'm only up to Letter but I'm ready to give Party Queen the crown already!!
No, it's just that the whole album is too great!!

Last edited by Zemus; 13th March 2012 at 10:56 PM. Reason: double post merge
Old 13th March 2012, 10:47 PM
Pray H-Initiate

Quote:
Nope! But be ready for obligatory, annoying comments à la "OMG IT'S NOT THAT GREAT U GUISE"

Koumori has been wifed by me

Old 13th March 2012, 10:54 PM
Because of You Initiate

Ok, after shaking and crying, my impression:

Eyes, Smoke, Magic is my life. It's like she doesn't need to do anything else ever again. Its pure magic. Its pure love. Its masterpiece. Its AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. whoever doesnt like this doesnt like music imo lol, its like you can picture every scene of the video listening to this, its something that pop singers dont do. this is amazing, did I say that already lol?

the next LOVE is my next love on this album, it starts so magical, again like a scene in the romantic movie. perfect. masterpiece. again why I love ayu so much. ITS PERFECTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. Im such a sucker for jazz, blues, rnb and all these kinds of music.

im going to be awake through whole night just because of these two tracks alone. its flawless. its music I grew up with. Im so proud she done it. she's such a diva!!!!!!!!!!!

serenade in A minor - beautiful. my third hit on the album with how beautiful you are ofcourse.. perfect way to end the perfect album.

call - letter - reminds me - I love melodies so much, I like emotion in her voice, I like her voice in it.

tell me why - is so emotional!!! is so dark!!!!!!!! I love this to the bits. its strange to be so in love with the song the first day you hear it. I dont want to imagine myself after few months. chorus is beautiful!!!! ayu I love you!!!!!

party queen - nanana - shake it - are all amazing imo, but shadowed by the flawless end of the album. party queen sounds EPIC when loud. I couldnt even imagine it be so strong. I think timmy's rap suits nanana. shake it is catchy as _______

return road
- typical ayu when she wants to slay everyone. the catchiest chorus ever. I love her voice again in this.

taskebab and a cup of tea didnt freak me out too much, but they are alright.
Old 13th March 2012, 10:58 PM
GREEN Initiate

lets see:
Party Queen - purely amazing! Much better than the radio rip, but i dont think as good as the live... it may just be me not remembing though... ill havew to go back a listen.

NaNaNa - is that timmy rapping? Wow.. it doesn't sound like the preview we got for the PV.. I think I like it, not what I was thinking. But Timmy doesn't bother me as much as I thought he would. Sadly this to me is a song by Timmy feat. Ayumi

Shake it - I dont like it as much as I thought I would. It;s okay thought... not the best out of the first three tracks so far. It sure is different though.. towards the end of the song when the music slows for that tiny bit. (upon realizing that it is by bounceback... it explains why I dont like it as much.. never cared for their sound)

taskebab - uh... it's okay I guess. Not my Favorite interlude by task, but pretty good. It is a great way to introduce the more rockish part of the album... it does get better towards the middle, but kinda fizzes out for me towards the end.

call - the beginning is just beautiful. Simple. I love this track.

Letter - out of everything I have listened to so far, I think this will be my Favorite track. I love the chorus, the song is just darn right perfect!

reminds me - the beginning is so... OMG! this track starts so amazingly. THis is good. Kinda reminds me of is this LOVE?... I had the middle instrumental part thought.. just doesn't feel like it belongs,. but the end is just as epic as the start... I love it.

More to come from me later! (savoring every bit of music that I can!)

Last edited by TeamAyu2004; 13th March 2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old 13th March 2012, 10:58 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
I like how she sings now, but her old vocals are like hearing an old friend
Same here. Her "A Song for XX" vocals sound like a lost, depressed children to me - I love that! I'm such an emo-b1tch when it comes to Ayu's younger voice xD

But still, as for my likings I don't want ro remain in the past. I can appreciate almost all of her vocals, and yes, like someone mentioned before, "Love songs" had very very Ayu-ish vocals on it and I loved this.

Now, when I listen to "Party Queen" I certainly do notice the big change in her vocals which has been growing since "GUILTY", but I feel like I am totally OK with that nowadys. The Ayu I fell in love with truly is another one from what you hear these days if she releases new material, and most precious era of Ayu is everything till GUILTY for me.

Nonetheless I am quite comfortable with everything she releases since then except of "Rock'n'Roll Circus" and "FIVE". "NEXT LEVEL", "Love songs" and "ayu-mi-x 7" were a blast! =D

Last edited by channy; 13th March 2012 at 11:20 PM.
Old 13th March 2012, 11:00 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzaki88 View Post
Nope! But be ready for obligatory, annoying comments à la "OMG IT'S NOT THAT GREAT U GUISE"
I already saw a few of those lol. I know opinions are opinions but for me it is not even a debate. Best ayu album ever. Bam. Crowned. Now what?!
Old 13th March 2012, 11:04 PM
forgiveness Initiate

Right, here comes my two cents.
Writing along as I listen to it.~

Spoiler:

Party queen: Yeah... Still not a fan.
NaNaNa: It's... trashy... I like it... I adooore the chours. The whole freaking rap/talking/manly part annoys the crap out of me. Fine if it was like a couple of words but this goes on longer than Ayus own verses. Not okay. This song was one of my favs after the previews. Now I'm like... I don't know. I hate it and love it on the same time. Maybe I could re-cut this song myself into my own liking? Love the sudden ending btw.
Shake It♥: A for effort. I love it when Ayu does something new and fresh. Even though this song wasn't my cup of tea I really enjoy the fact that it feels so new and I will totally understand the ones who do like this song.
call: I was bored at the preview. I'm still bored. :/ It's like a less interesting version of Last Links (a song I really enjoy). And that darn "wohaho" and "yeah yeah "should just leave. The only reason why I don't listen to HANABI ~episode II~ is because of that "yeah yeah wohoh" and I feel the same for this song. Oh dear. This song is sweet and uplifting but yet a jawn.
Letter: call ~episode II~? So far I kinda can't tell them apart. I know I totally will after more listens but so far at this first listen I found myself wondering of call just keept on going. I'll just copy-paste what I said about call: This song is sweet and uplifting but yet a jawn. Thank god it's just Ayu in this one though.
reminds me: GAHWD I LOVE THE INTRO! Cellos are to die for! This song was my favourite after the previews. And yes it's freaking fantastic! Major love for this song! Every single part is simply genious. How they mixed the different melodies and instruments. Rock and classic in a mix is always orgasmic for little me. I also love how they very cleverly made that "lalala" part actually work and fit really nicely to the song. Ayu is back!
Return Road: Me, like many others, have had high hopes for this song after hearing the previews. Let's see. OMG the intro! YES I fully agree to this. The bridge was maybe a bit too happy for the heavy chours that came after it but it's still fine. The middle eight section is genious. Oh wait... What the hell is that chaunting? So close to perfection and then that?! I'm upset! I guess I have to get used to it or cut it out myself somehow.
Tell me why: Feels like a Kumi song somehow. Don't get me wrong here. I love Kuu. I'm like... half impressed. I kind of like what they went for here and I kind of like the result too. I'm just not sure what to think yet. I think it will grow on me in time.
the next LOVE: Nice start. I see this adorable old black and white movie in front of me. And I'm so so so weak for jazz so this is really nice. I totally agree to this! The up-beat part actually felt nice too.
Eyes, Smoke, Magic: Strange intro, isn't it what I just heard? This reminds me a bit too much of "All That Jazz". Also it's like they combined that with sexy little things. Hmm...
how beautiful you are: Naaaah... ZZzzZzzzz------

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 13th March 2012, 11:04 PM
Pray H-Initiate

Quote:
I already saw a few of those lol. I know opinions are opinions but for me it is not even a debate. Best ayu album ever. Bam. Crowned. Now what?!
Nothing! Coronation complete, haters gonna hate, all that. We're done here! *cue diva outro*

Koumori has been wifed by me

Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, party queen