Ayumi ~ The Anything Goes Thread 9 ~ - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 5th December 2014, 07:08 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
But then, Song 4 U is one of my new absolute FAVORITES of her (it's at least my 3rd favorite song of hers right now), but a lot people find it to be boring. My tastes are apparently... a little different compared some other peoples'. XD
What are your current favourite Ayu songs? I am loving the covers!

My copy of the Premium Showcase Blu-ray along with Kumi's Bon Voyage Blu-ray arrived today and I can't decide which one to watch first!!
Old 5th December 2014, 11:41 PM
Because of You Initiate

For the next orchestra remix album she needs to go chat up with GACKT. the dude just blew me away with his latest single ochestra version. That's an example of how to turn a power ballad into an orchestra masterpiece:

Last edited by BlackSilence; 5th December 2014 at 11:49 PM.
Old 5th December 2014, 11:48 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I think this will be the first Ayu single I ever get that comes with a poster. Exciting!
Also I think I'm going to wait until I get the single before I listen to it. Wanna try something new for a change.
Old 6th December 2014, 02:31 AM
Paper Doll Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi|kshake View Post
What are your current favourite Ayu songs? I am loving the covers!

My copy of the Premium Showcase Blu-ray along with Kumi's Bon Voyage Blu-ray arrived today and I can't decide which one to watch first!!
Glad you asked! I will oblige because I love talking about my favorite Ayu songs!! Memorial Address is undoubtedly my favorite, but the rest are in no particular order because I just can't seem to decide which ones I love more.

- Memorial Address
- Connected
- Song 4 U
- Pride
- Duty
- Ever free
- BRILLANTE
- (miss) understood
- GUILTY
- I am...
- GREEN
- Together when...
- Lelio
- A song for xx
- Dearest

----
there are tons of her songs that I love most, but I feel as if that list really shows which ones I love best (just at the moment though ). I love songs that have some kind of unique atmosphere or intense feeling behind it. BRILLANTE, Connected, and Ever free feel this way to me, especially. The lyrics typically constitute to it, as well.
Old 6th December 2014, 03:16 AM
Replace Initiate

That's a great list! You and I have very similar taste. I like when Ayu's songs have more atmospheric and/or emotional intensity, and lots of dynamics.

Most people these days seem to prefer more simplistic approaches - it seems like with ballads they like the sweeter stuff rather than the intense & thoughtful stuff, and with more uptempo songs they want something that would sound great turned up loud in a club rather than something more emotionally expressive. Not that Ayu's more recent stuff is bad, I just feel like she doesn't play to her strengths anymore. She should be sassy more often ("Lelio" sounded great, and "Movin' on with out you" too!) rather than giggly & happy (like "XOXO") if she's gonna go with the EDM sound, IMHO.
Old 6th December 2014, 03:47 PM
Paper Doll Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium-Zer0 View Post
That's a great list! You and I have very similar taste. I like when Ayu's songs have more atmospheric and/or emotional intensity, and lots of dynamics.

Most people these days seem to prefer more simplistic approaches - it seems like with ballads they like the sweeter stuff rather than the intense & thoughtful stuff, and with more uptempo songs they want something that would sound great turned up loud in a club rather than something more emotionally expressive. Not that Ayu's more recent stuff is bad, I just feel like she doesn't play to her strengths anymore. She should be sassy more often ("Lelio" sounded great, and "Movin' on with out you" too!) rather than giggly & happy (like "XOXO") if she's gonna go with the EDM sound, IMHO.
Yes, I so get all of this! I love Lelio because...it doesn't sound silly to me, it sounds more atmospheric and awesome!

I always knew I had a soft spot for Connected, but I realized it had to be my favorite when I started listening to I am... just so I could get to Connected. I love the original mix and every single remix I've heard of it, plus one my absolute favorite live performances of hers is of Connected.

Also, Ever Free is really, really special in my opinion. The lyrics and the whole feeling to it is so intense in a very subtle way, and as cheesy as it was, this video gives me chills because of the symbolism in it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzaytsEga3M
Old 7th December 2014, 08:49 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
Glad you asked! I will oblige because I love talking about my favorite Ayu songs!!
And I love hearing about 'em!

I have no idea where to start with my favourite Ayumi songs. Other artists yes, but Ayumi...I find it harder unless I'm limited to a Top 10 or something. A lot of her songs are on a similar level for me so hard to say which one is my favourite out of them.
Old 12th December 2014, 10:05 PM
SCAR Initiate

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2v...taiwen-t_music < has anyone seen this video before? It's the first time I run into it. So cute!
Old 12th December 2014, 10:17 PM
Because of You Initiate

^i've seen it ages and ages ago...it's cute!

rock version of SEASONS anyone? i still love this! http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18...12-22_creation

btw guys just randomly came cross this that was posted ages ago on teh forum:

aparently this woman in the audience was shown during PCD quite a few times, she was also seated in the front row and someone started speculating that it's ayu's mom...well i think it pretty obvious it is:

The nose and the eyebrows are identical also the eyes to this which we know is Ayu's mom:
Plus i think Ayu herself said in one of the older TV shows that she and her mom gets mixed for sisters.lol

Last edited by BlackSilence; 12th December 2014 at 10:46 PM.
Old 12th December 2014, 10:52 PM
SCAR Initiate

She didn't age gracefully tho, if that's her! But idk, it doesn't really seem the same person to me. Maybe she is!

On another note: looks like after having ended up in the 3rd place of recochoku yearly ranking, A BEST is again 1st in the daily rankings. (Ayuangel on FB)
I'm so very happy but also surprised. I mean, many people must be discovering her again, right?

Last edited by tsumekaze_; 12th December 2014 at 10:57 PM.
Old 12th December 2014, 11:59 PM
No way to say Initiate

Makeup is one hell of a drug.
Old 13th December 2014, 02:52 AM

My mother is 48 now and people often think that she's just around 38 or so. That's why people sometimes get confused when I say I'm 23. Some people just look younger than they are. I hope I come after my mother and I will also look 10 years younger when I'm near my 50th... xD
Old 13th December 2014, 05:42 AM
count down Initiate

11 days to the new single and we still don't have snippets..!! ugh Ayu stop being such a pretty pony~pretty pony~pretty pony~pretty pony~ tease

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 13th December 2014, 07:02 AM
Because of You Initiate

i just find it funny when people go, "well but her lips aren't 100% identical" or "her face shape isn't exacty the same"... i think people forget that they, too, have 2 parents lol that it goes 50/50 when it comes to face features. for example i hardly look alike with my brother, people get a bit surprised when i say that we actually are siblings.

waterbaloon, this is what i am thinking, everytime i get up i'm like "hmm i wonder if there are snippets of the songs out already"....and they aren't.Ayu needs to stop being a tease.
Old 13th December 2014, 07:25 AM
SCAR Initiate

^ idk if that was directed at me but I didn't mean that they do not look alike, I was just saying that she herself looked different in the last pic with ayu comparing to the first ones you put! Maybe I was misunderstood
Old 13th December 2014, 08:12 AM
Because of You Initiate

^no no your post just reminded me of that, that's alll ^_^ i wasn't aiming directly at you
Old 13th December 2014, 10:58 AM
SCAR Initiate

Ahah it's fine then! On another note, I love ayu's earrings in the documentary of premium showcase. Anyone can point me where to buy similar ones? Or a photo... I can't really see them but they are so cute!
Old 14th December 2014, 06:20 AM
SURREAL Initiate

I don't know much how different this 'moving on without you' song between Ayu style and Hikki style but I think Ayu sing it kinda okay, the way she use falsetto in the chorus was pretty... decent. Other than that it was okay.
Old 14th December 2014, 11:28 PM
P.S II Initiate

Happy 10th Anniversary, MY STORY!

眺めているだけじゃ いつまでも手に出来ない
眺めているだけじゃ 君の物にはならない

Old 15th December 2014, 12:41 AM
End roll Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livey~ View Post
Happy 10th Anniversary, MY STORY!
That means my 10th Ayu anniversary is coming up in a few months! MY STORY was my favourite album for a looonnnggg time because it was my first
Closed Thread