[Koda Kumi] The 204th Thread - 20th Anniversary Tour 2020 MY NAME IS - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 30th September 2020, 03:34 PM
Depend on you Initiate

What happened with Kumi vocals? Since 2018 it appears that she can't sing like before...I hope she cares about her health, specially with vocal chords...

Maybe is because of lot of concerts...But is a little annoying hearing these current vocals... Jeez...

Is that a subject among the japanese fans?
Old 30th September 2020, 05:08 PM
As if.. Initiate

During Black Cherry re(LIVE) she sang songs from 2006 and sounded strong. I think it's a combination of long tours, nerves, and just age. Kumi is pushing 40 and it isn't easy for a lot of singers to hit certain notes after 35.

Whitney, Mariah, and Celine all sounded different after 35. It can't be helped when you're singing live every night and touring. The fact that she isn't afraid to see vocal coaches and be aware of the challenges says a lot about Kumi.

She looked great and she sounded solid. It has been great seeing her embrace television again. After 2013, she kind of backed off of it, which was frustrating but understandable.

Last edited by lovethatkuu&ayu; 30th September 2020 at 05:15 PM.
Old 30th September 2020, 05:39 PM
Because of You Initiate

She looks so good? Did she change something about her make up? She looks different
"Being part of a group like this, with you guys! is awesome! so I salute you all." (1st July 2010, 11:17 PM)
"Adiós." (8th May 2011, 02:13 PM)
Old 30th September 2020, 07:04 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

I think she sounded fine. TVs tend to be more shaky (probably the mic rather than the singer) and a voice does not function the same every day. There could be a lot of reasons one sounds stronger or weaker (sleep, sickness and so on...) + it naturally ages - everybody is bound to sound different. One uses it - even if you don't sing it changes.

she looked great, wird medley tho with 0 effort in transitions (unlike Kpop who get better remixes and stuff...something japan is slow on)
Old 30th September 2020, 07:40 PM
Initiate

^ Ever since she did that procedure/treatment to slim her face last year, she looks quite different. Not bad, but different.

@Marurosu It is quite a sensitive topic for fans, I believe. The general audience doesn't have much good things to say sometimes. I remember some comments when she did the Cutie Honey~Butterfly medley on Music Station last year, and how her voice was different in not a good way. It wasn't even a bad performance, but the high notes were not good and she seemed somehow nervous (doing the wrong choreography for the beginning of Butterfly).

A couple of pages ago I talked about this, how I believe the BSC and W FACE tour dates back to back might have damaged her vocals chords. After that, she started "experimenting" with higher notes resulting in AND and DNA having some very high notes for her (OUTTA MY HEAD and Pin Drop), and then she started the DNA Tour singing both at the same date, not sure if it was a smart decision. To be honest she started using higher notes in studio right after the vocal coach came in, so I don't really know what to think.

She usually sounds better at tours, I was surprised on how good her voice was on re(LIVE) live mu-mo stream and also DNA countdown live. The same can't be said for MY NAME IS... in some parts, specially for the second performance of the day, but I believe she was very nervous because of the situation of the tour and not knowing if it was going to be alright.

@RainbowFive I sent you a PM.

The performance was alright, Butterfly has been a struggle for quite some time now, XXKK was a nice surprise for sure! And she looked gorgeous, love the outfit.
Old 30th September 2020, 09:12 PM
Dolls Initiate

I liked her energy there, even though the new song is not really my cup of tea. Has she also performed Lucky Star on tv?
Old 30th September 2020, 09:16 PM
Initiate

Not yet, only on a-nation online 2020 and MY NAME IS... Tour.
Old 1st October 2020, 12:26 PM
Far away Initiate

I really like the images for the MY NAME IS... album, they're simple but beautiful. Unfortunately as much as I would have liked to buy the album, I couldn't really justify the expense with only 3 new songs and after it cost me 3x as much of the price of the buckle choker just to get it shipped to me. It was worth it though, I love this choker, it's gorgeous.

First Kuu tour good I've been able to buy so I'm super happy with it. <3

I'm really happy to see her perform XXKK, although she seemed a little shy and uncomfortable in the performance, I hope she's feeling ok!

I also missed the Mu-Mo live for the Osaka performance, so happy to see i'll get a second chance to view the show!
Old 1st October 2020, 12:35 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Her voice was awful during XXKK omg girl gotta see her vocal coach for real. Marutosu is 100% right she used to slay live performances. I feel bad hearing her voice live now. Loooool @ lovethatkuu&ayu i mean you chose the 3 singers that are on a «pretty pony~godlypretty pony~» level with their voices. They may have less good voices now but trust me they are still 100% amazing, they were just too damn perfect to start with lol. I could talk about Bey as well who’s almost 40.. her voice is literally LIT every single damn time...

Old 1st October 2020, 04:18 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

I saw another performances from that show by another artist...and god, its clearly the mics fault. they did not even turn it on for her and its so badly adjusted.
Old 1st October 2020, 04:57 PM
Initiate

I saw that too, poor Yui Asaka was pissed. All for the comeback after a whole Rizap campaign.
Old 1st October 2020, 05:02 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^yeah, kobokuro too sounded bad. i really think it was a lot of the sounds problem this time.
Old 1st October 2020, 06:35 PM
starting over Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negi92 View Post
Her voice was awful during XXKK omg girl gotta see her vocal coach for real. Marutosu is 100% right she used to slay live performances. I feel bad hearing her voice live now..
This. A bit harsh but true. Those double shows have done nothing but destroy her vocals. Maybe some rest will do her some good.
Old 2nd October 2020, 05:04 AM
still alone Initiate

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who feel sad for her. Her live performances for the past years have been quite hard to watch.

She’s too confident in giving crazy amount of lives. And those 2 lives a day for literally a month is not good for her.
Old 2nd October 2020, 11:19 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Just like last month in Osaka Jo Hall , some goods will be sold this Sun at Marine Messe Fukuoka

- Face mask (medium & small sizes)
- Penlight
- Sports towel

https://rhythmzone.net/koda/news/detail.php?id=1085830

This Sun's concert is not sold out , fans still can buy tickets at Marine Messe Fukuoka

https://rhythmzone.net/koda/news/detail.php?id=1086389

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 2nd October 2020, 01:19 PM
Two of us Initiate

Yeah...the “Butterfly” performance was pretty hard to watch. The “XXKK” performance used too much backtrack so it was hard to actually hear her.

I understand the two shows a night because of COVID, but I have no idea why she wanted to put that much strain on her vocals last year. She’s a workaholic but she’s gonna kill her voice if she keeps this up.
Old 2nd October 2020, 03:14 PM
Initiate

Kumi performed I'm Lovin' on Good Luck!

https://youtu.be/hpvf6GHQisY?t=4285
(starts at 01:10:29)

Also, there is also going to have an after talk for both Fukuoka and Nagoya's MNIT date. Same price, 1,500 yens, and start after the the second concert of the day.
Old 2nd October 2020, 03:43 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

It's a really sweet song, reminds me of some cute tracks she released around the Dejavu era, and I love the rap/break part!! And she sounded much better as well, guess it really was a problem from that performance, be it microphones or her nerves.

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 2nd October 2020, 05:20 PM
Depend on you Initiate

I'm lovin' is so much better than lucky star and puff... I'm lovin' it
Old 2nd October 2020, 05:38 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

COLOUR OF SOUL PV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l7zZ2SvM-c

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Tags
20th anniversary, koda kumi, queen of live