[A] MADE IN JAPAN song opinions! - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 20th May 2016, 10:11 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

"Eh, I'll do it in the live anyway"
Old 24th May 2016, 06:11 PM
MY STORY Initiate

I shall post here since I got nothing better to do right now.

tasky
I don't think tasuku's interludes has ever disappointed me. And neither did this one. Awesome, badass, catchy as hell. 10/10

FLOWER
I do like the lyrics very much, but the way she sings the chorus just bugs me. She doesn't sound like herself at all here, but I do like the arrangement and the lyrics. 5/10

Mad World
This song. When I saw those few lines of lyrics and the title, I knew this song will be one of my favorites because the title is so old Ayu. And I wasn't disappointed. Definitely one of my top favs from the album. 10/10

Breakdown
This one also caught my attention before the album was even released and again, I wasn't disappointed at all. Amazing and has that old Ayu vibe in it which I always miss very much lol. :'D 10/10

Survivor
That damn chanting from her background singers made me think of Africa instead of Japan. I'm not lying. Also, this song did sound awesome at first but by the time it ended, I had already gotten bored for some reason. :/ 5/10

You are the only one
I seriously have no idea why, but those bagpipes made me think of that epic movie called Braveheart. I'm sure most 90s kids here has seen it by now. I think this song was very beautifully made and sung. 10/10

TODAY
I kinda thought this will be like another angry pop rock song, but I was surprised. It makes me think of Last Links and meaning of Love for some reason, and I worship Last Links so this is definitely one of my favorites. 10/10

Mr.Darling
This song is so cute. Also, I wonder if this is somehow connected to Bye bye darling from LOVE again. o.O Not a bad song because I love the arrangement so much. It reminds me of the style of call and Letter from oh-so-hated Party Queen and I love this type of pop rock songs. Her overly cute voice just annoys me a bit here lol. 8/10

Summer Love
I'm glad she didn't ditch electro dance style. I can already see a summer songs' medley in a-nation '16. Very catchy. I love it♥ 10/10

Many Classic Moments
I don't know why they added this as a bonus track but oh well, it's not a bad cover. I'm not a huge fan of this cover but it's not as bad as the Movin' on without you one which I honestly can't stand listening to at all anymore. 7/10

As a whole I think the album is very decent. I was a bit worried that it will be one of those albums with 75% of the songs being ballads but I was surprised in a good way. I was also expecting that Winter diary wasn't added but it does make sense why it was left out. It doesn't really fit this music style at all. But yes, I will definitely listen to this a lot more than just once.

I could give the score of 8/10 for the whole thing because as much as I love this experimental stuff, this album isn't on the same level of "OMFG WHAT IS THIS" that (miss)understood or Party Queen are in my chart but this album definitely shits on LOVE again. :p

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 27th July 2016, 10:12 PM
Voyage Initiate

Finally got my copy of Made In Japan last week. I'm going to separate the songs into 3 catergories, Like, Growers & Unsure. It's not one of my favourite Ayu albums so far but I always love getting new Ayumi music anyway so I'm enjoying it!

Like/Favourites

Survivor
You Are The Only One
Mr Darling
Summer Love
Many Classic Moments

Growers

Flower
Breakdown

Unsure

Tasky
Mad World
Today
Old 31st July 2016, 08:32 PM
Voyage Initiate

More thoughts...

After hearing that bagpipes were featured in You Are The Only One, I was hoping they wouldn't grate on me too much as bagpipes to me sound like a total racket! But I was pleasantly surprised...and also wondering if they really are bagpipes.

After reading reviews of the album online, I was surprised to be enjoying Mr Darling as much as I am. I thought this song would be more along the lines or Call or Letter - I enjoy listening to it when it comes on but not one of my favourites.
Old 9th October 2016, 04:18 AM
Secret Initiate

This is Ayu's worst album for me. Literally no songs stuck out to me that are memorable. The only songs I liked were tasky, Summer Love, and Many Classic Moments. Everything else was just same 'ole same 'ole :/ Honestly really disappointed.

Tags
made in japan