[Koda Kumi] The 179th Summer Thread with Love - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 22nd August 2015, 09:35 PM
Initiate

Kumi's full part https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndeh4c9iQSs

Clearly there is a problem with the audio.
Old 22nd August 2015, 09:37 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Her full performance from today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndeh4c9iQSs

Thanks to YukiUsagi

Ok, watching the full thing, there was a sound problem - the mic, live mixing, something isn't on par the whole time ( e.g. in the first verse of Poppin Love Cocktail, the back chorus is much louder than her singing, really bad mixing).
Overall she sounds decent, though her voice definitely needs still more rest. She can't reach her high notes like usually.
And I'm surprised she brought her live band and her whole team of dancers with her.
Hope she changes the setlist a bit with the date in Tokyo.

Music for All, All for One just comes after a-nation on youtube - now this is strong vocals AND great live mixing. And this was just last year.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 22nd August 2015 at 09:47 PM.
Old 22nd August 2015, 09:56 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

The crowd look so dead, the occasional wrist flicking with the fans made me laugh xD

Awesome set made by SweetHoney from H!O
Old 22nd August 2015, 10:56 PM
still alone Initiate

I think she looked and danced great! Her vocals only got weaker/tired towards the end, which I think is understandable as she was dancing pretty much throughout the entire thing. She does sound like she could use some rest, but other than that, I think it was really good.

Interesting how she only chose songs from 2010 and after. No classics. Also, none of the new songs. Very interesting.
Old 22nd August 2015, 10:57 PM
MY STORY Initiate

Yeah, I gotta agree now that there was something wrong with her vocals... or the mixing just sucks, but she usually reaches those high notes pretty easily. Oh well, I hope she will try to rest her phenomenal voice after these performances so she can charm everyone again in the future.

However, I'm beyond happy for UNIVERSE and Megumi no Hito. I love lives for these two songs. They're always so energetic~ And her outfit was awesome as well. When I saw the first pics without seeing video footage I thought, "Kuu, your skirt is too short", but now I see she had shorts beneath it, haha. I got trolled real hard, lol. :'D

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 22nd August 2015, 11:18 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

After seeing Ayu's set, Kuu's vocals weren't bad at all. Ayu made Kuu look like Whitney Houston lol

倖田來未
浜崎あゆみ
中森明菜
松田聖子
鈴木亜美

Old 23rd August 2015, 02:30 AM
SAKURA Initiate

I, for one, absolutely loooved kuu's a-nation performances! Sure, she could always use a bit more rest every now & then for her vocals, but I still think she sounded pretty great, as always. Plus, I've gotta say how hot kuu was looking! Her entire outfit was just total perfection.

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 23rd August 2015, 03:04 AM
MY STORY Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuXAyu-fan View Post
After seeing Ayu's set, Kuu's vocals weren't bad at all. Ayu made Kuu look like Whitney Houston lol
I dunno if I'm too tired now (it's 5:03am in my country) or what but I found this really funny.

~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 23rd August 2015, 03:31 AM
fairyland Initiate

You know, I've never understood why Kuu doesn't get more credit for her dancing. Her choreography is a great mix of challenging, unique and charismatic. And she's pretty good at dancing for a while and singing live...

Old 23rd August 2015, 03:47 AM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by happiholic★ View Post
You know, I've never understood why Kuu doesn't get more credit for her dancing. Her choreography is a great mix of challenging, unique and charismatic. And she's pretty good at dancing for a while and singing live...
I think this all the time! Many sing, many can dance, some do both at once, but few actually sound amazing doing it. Kuu really should get more credit than she already has. I know she kinda titled herself "Queen of Live" so it'd be cool if that name stuck and that became her official title. Are there others who put on better shows than her? Maybe. But she beat everyone to the punch acquiring it as a moniker lol.
Old 23rd August 2015, 04:30 AM
rainy day Initiate

The audio mixing is so bad. You could barely hear her in MONEY IN THE BAG wtf. Her performances are okay I guess. Nothing too spectacular.
Old 23rd August 2015, 07:13 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

This girl is way too fit. I mean, I was eating a sandwich while watching the vid and I've never felt so damn guilty about eating a sandwich. xD C'mon, gurl, let me enjoy my carbs. Haha! (Obviously I'm kidding. Her fitness is amazing. She's never looked better, I think) That said, I agree with others about the audio and the synching, but I don't think that her vocals have really gone all that bad. Compared to others who have been around as long as she has her vocals have stayed on par very well. She definitely sounds tired but after all the dancing and all the touring/activities she's been doing this year I'm sure she's exhausted as hell. Overall, though, this performance was very good! Now. I have, about, oh I dunno, 100 miles to run now before I feel better about that damn sandwich. Gotta go.

Finally, I can stop dreaming....

Old 23rd August 2015, 07:24 AM
still alone Initiate

^ Hahaha. I couldn't stop thinking about how good she looked as well. Such a sight for sore eyes!
Old 23rd August 2015, 08:48 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Watching the show now. First impressions from the first 30 seconds? Damn! That woman has the most amazing body EVER!!!

Set made by Mary-Tina. Thank you!
Old 23rd August 2015, 01:36 PM
LIMIT Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna7996 View Post
Watching the show now. First impressions from the first 30 seconds? Damn! That woman has the most amazing body EVER!!!

Her body is more amazing than befor pregnancy. It's just WOW.
Old 23rd August 2015, 03:27 PM
CAROLS Initiate

I know, she looks incredible right now! She's always look really good, but damn.

livejournal / last.fm / tumblr / goodreads

Old 23rd August 2015, 11:03 PM
MY STORY Initiate

I forgot to say in my previous post that even with those damn sound mixing issues Kuu had on a-nation this year, I loved the performance. I finally saw BRING IT ON performed live, lol (I seriously need to get my shit together and watch the concerts I haven't seen yet :'D). I'm totally gonna rewatch this if there's a edited version being aired at some point~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-baptiste View Post
I think this all the time! Many sing, many can dance, some do both at once, but few actually sound amazing doing it. Kuu really should get more credit than she already has. I know she kinda titled herself "Queen of Live" so it'd be cool if that name stuck and that became her official title. Are there others who put on better shows than her? Maybe. But she beat everyone to the punch acquiring it as a moniker lol.
It was Avex that dubbed her Queen of Live actually. I don't blame them. Most of her live DVDs/Blu-Rays has topped the charts + her concerts are always outsold in a very short time. I think most of her concerts are outsold even before the tour even starts.

And imo she totally deserves that title because all of her concerts I have seen has been my #1 favs of the year. She just never disappoints me when it comes to concerts. However, I have only seen snippets and trailers from Premium Night Live to WOML TOUR but even those clips still makes me hyped over them. Nobody else is able to do that.

~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 23rd August 2015, 11:07 PM
As if.. Initiate

I'm already itching for new music lol
Kuu has spoiled us too much I wonder how my life will be when Kuu decides to retire lmao
Old 23rd August 2015, 11:13 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Eh, not her best libe performance indeed, but could have been much worse... Hipefully she'll pull it out better next week, and PLEASE change that horrid live version of MIMB Kuu

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 24th August 2015, 06:03 AM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck16 View Post
I'm already itching for new music lol
Kuu has spoiled us too much I wonder how my life will be when Kuu decides to retire lmao
i don't wanna think about it. Not for a second.
Closed Thread

Tags
koda kumi, koddess, kxvk, queen of live, summer of love