[Koda Kumi] The 183rd Koda Kumi - The Artist - thread - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2nd April 2016, 05:37 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Dang, I wanna see that censored pic on the right so bad

Just now I've read that Kimi Omoi is gonna be a bside, and while I love the song.... Why...? Give us Cupcake already x__x

Plus I hope there'll be at least a short PV on YT until Saturday *crossing fingers*

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 2nd April 2016, 05:39 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Did I miss that this was gonna be a digital single?? I kinda hope so, because the cover looks rushed. However, the song sounds amazing. I think when I was happiholic I said I didn't like Cupcake, but it was LQ so I would wait for final judgement, but I can tell I will like Shhhh right away!!

introduce a little anarchy

Old 2nd April 2016, 05:43 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

We don't know yet - the only thing we know for sure is it's coming out 04/09.
Could be digitally only, but could also be it's going to be a single only sold at the tour or both.
It is related to the tour for sure.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 2nd April 2016, 05:49 PM
Initiate

It also can be a physical single for the FC, just like Dance In The Rain was.

This single seems to be, in my opinion, like a pre-album single, like anytime.
Old 2nd April 2016, 06:32 PM
still alone Initiate

I've grown to love Kimi Omoi recently, so I'm glad she's giving out more attention.
Old 2nd April 2016, 06:59 PM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaled kalil View Post
This single seems to be, in my opinion, like a pre-album single, like anytime.
a summer album would be just damn amazing but I dont see this happening, she's so busy with the tour atm. she also needs to rest this tour is the longest she's had if I'm not wrong. I'm fine with a new album next year

IG | YT | PR

Old 2nd April 2016, 07:18 PM
Initiate

She's always recording songs, it's not like she doesn't have songs enough to make an album, and she doesn't promote the albums like she used to, just going on radio tour doing interview, and two magazine shoots.

I also thing she's pretty busy this year, but well... She released Black Cherry while she was on Second Session Tour, which was as long as the Best Singles tour, so it's not impossible.

Btw, she's performing every week, at least twice, except for August where she has a two weeks break.

I'm hoping for an album during december, since she's probably not going to do another concert, like she's used to do every year.
Old 2nd April 2016, 07:18 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

even though the fucking truck is out in plain view they censored the pic? lol
Old 2nd April 2016, 07:54 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Probably her break during August is gonna be for some a-nation' concerts, so yeah she's gonna be pretty busy till November...

Personally I hope Shhh! is gonna get a limited FC physical edition like DITR. I doubt it'll have a normal physical release since it's coming out in less than a week and there have been no official announcements, and iirc the physical edition of DITR came out a bit later than the digital. Also hoping for an usual Summer single by July/August. I don't really care if we get an album just by March next year, but as long as we have some new songs here and there during the year I'll be already glad.

And am I the only one who liked the simple cover for the single? lol It's pretty basic but that's exactly why I like it, she has few single shoots like this, so it's a different take. Even the filter doesn't bother me much, better than this one than those peach-ish effects ayu used to have a lot on her releases

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Last edited by Gustavopc; 2nd April 2016 at 07:58 PM.
Old 2nd April 2016, 09:04 PM
rainy day Initiate

How do i get the fkn video to play?? Tudou always takes a million years to load and this time it's not even loading.

Nvm found a youtube link. The verses are a little too Beyonce for me... I wish she'd start releasing songs that have more than like 3-4 layers including the vocal track...

Last edited by Zeke.; 2nd April 2016 at 09:11 PM.
Old 2nd April 2016, 09:39 PM
Daybreak Guardian

I'm not sure yet but I think I'm going to end up liking the song. Anyway, I'm just excited she's releasing something new. Can't wait to listen to the full version
Old 2nd April 2016, 10:07 PM
Initiate

@Zeke.: Well, Lippy has like 3 or 4 layers just for the vocals during the chorus, and we know what a mess it is. But I understand what you're saying. I also wish the instrumental as a whole was more thought out. The songs for Bon Voyage are a little better produced.
Old 3rd April 2016, 06:00 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
And am I the only one who liked the simple cover for the single? lol It's pretty basic but that's exactly why I like it, she has few single shoots like this, so it's a different take. Even the filter doesn't bother me much, better than this one than those peach-ish effects ayu used to have a lot on her releases
I like the concept for the cover and I agree that she doesn't have many covers like this. My issue is that she herself doesn't look that great, imo. The angles, her look, etc. just aren't doing anything for me. Plus, maybe I'm crazy, but her hair looks dry

Old 3rd April 2016, 08:50 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

I just heard the confusing preview, dont know what's the verse the chorus, but it sounds pretty amazing. it's like JAPONESQUE and Bon Voyage had a baby and it's Shhh, lol

Was this posted before?
the 360° version of Dance in the Rain MV
https://www.facebook.com/KodaItalian...66/?fallback=1

IG | YT | PR

Old 3rd April 2016, 01:25 PM
from your letter Initiate

Is there anyone ordered check shirt and lightstick? I would like to know how they look like in actual. A colors of lightstick are changable, right?
Old 3rd April 2016, 06:12 PM
ayu trance Initiate

I actually really like that cover. Her expression just draws me in and I want to know more. Or I want to hear the new music already. She does have a few gems in her discography for me so I'm hopeful for this release.

Book collector, avid reader, writer, cat owner, part time owl who listens to JPOP, KPOP, metal, soundtracks, and instrumental music.

Old 3rd April 2016, 08:27 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

For me, Kuu always makes new "gems" on a regular. Dance in the Rain is quite easily in my top 5.

Old 4th April 2016, 08:07 AM
Dolls Initiate

Hmm. Shhh! sounds interesting actually. Reminds me of the introduction of Japonesque. Its like they mixed the ethnic beats with 8bit ones at the beginning. The filter in the cover looks so cheap but the pic is ok.
Old 4th April 2016, 09:01 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Kuu posted on LINE today. Parts of The Artist were shown on MTV today.

The melody of Shhh! is really addicting. I hummed it the whole day and thought the whole time " where's that coming from again?" . And at last I was like "ah, yeah , it's Kuu's new song!". I take it as a good sign as I didn't even listen to the preview often and I wasn't thinking about it before.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 4th April 2016 at 09:04 PM.
Old 5th April 2016, 03:14 AM
independent Initiate

I'm really liking Shhh! preview, chorus sounds very catchy - I already can't get it out of my head. I like how she looks on the cover too but only with the filter, w/o it the cover looks odd.

I wish she released Cupcake instead tho, this song has been my jam since I saw her performing it at THE ARTIST. I hope it won't end up in a limbo just like BRING IT ON. Imasugu hoshii Cupcake Kumi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a❤martian View Post
For me, Kuu always makes new "gems" on a regular.
I concur. This woman is a national treasure of Japan. I am not even joking.

Koda Kumi Fan since 2003 * ~ * ~ * ~ * Instagram

Closed Thread

Tags
koda kumi, queen of live, the artist