[Koda Kumi] The 191st Thread -3 Limited Single Project - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 6th November 2017, 08:14 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalaspect View Post
I half wonder if a lot of this shift in avex is because Oricon is far behind the times in terms of sales channels for music. They did just add the Digital Albums chart, but the fact that all sales aren't tallied into the Top 100 makes Oricon look like a really poor indicator of popularity or success for a release.

It could also be that Koda, like Ayu, just isn't a big seller in the physical space anymore outside of her albums. I'm glad Kuu landed #1 and #2 for W FACE, but sad that we don't get the thrill of seeing her drop new singles, tracking her numbers, and enjoying the packaging and extras all that much anymore.

Oh well. I have to keep in mind that Ayu dropped off of singles in 2010. Apart from Ftl/Mgr, Terminal, and Z/Lm/W, Ayu has pretty much abandoned the physical single space. Seeing HOTEL as the last physical release from 3.5 years ago, it's just highly unlikely Kuu is still in the physical single space as well. Which is fine, but I just remember Kuu as the queen of single releases. I'd love to see her do another 12 single releases in a row kind of thing. lol Girl could push to 100 while she still looks like she just turned 24.
That may be a reason.
Shifting away the focus for the public from physical sales to download. Singles aren't that much of an seller anymore in general physically.

As I said, I doubt popularity has much to do with it.
Look at artists like Mika Nakashima or Ai Otsuka - they're barely selling anything physically, especially singles, but they're releasing normally nevertheless.
Even JUJU, who is really popular, barely sells anything for singles (but she's strong with album and digital sales).
Maybe they're even prefering to do that with artists still selling a bit better in the physical departement?
They do get more profit out of it releasing like that.
Though I'm sure, if Kuu would be still highly popular like Namie, everything would be released normally.
Kuu's selling audience nowadays is likely mainly her core fanbase. Selling mu-mo only makes sense for her, I guess.

It's going to be interesting, where avex and the market is heading in the 10 years to come.
Maybe albums will become mu-mo only for more artists as well in the future... Like Kuu...

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 6th November 2017 at 08:18 AM.
Old 6th November 2017, 09:25 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
That may be a reason.
Shifting away the focus for the public from physical sales to download. Singles aren't that much of an seller anymore in general physically.

As I said, I doubt popularity has much to do with it.
Look at artists like Mika Nakashima or Ai Otsuka - they're barely selling anything physically, especially singles, but they're releasing normally nevertheless.
Even JUJU, who is really popular, barely sells anything for singles (but she's strong with album and digital sales).
Maybe they're even prefering to do that with artists still selling a bit better in the physical departement?
They do get more profit out of it releasing like that.
Though I'm sure, if Kuu would be still highly popular like Namie, everything would be released normally.
Kuu's selling audience nowadays is likely mainly her core fanbase. Selling mu-mo only makes sense for her, I guess.

It's going to be interesting, where avex and the market is heading in the 10 years to come.
Maybe albums will become mu-mo only for more artists as well in the future... Like Kuu...
You're right. I would love to see Kuu keep up her output, shift styles, stay trendsetting. She's such a chameleon in Japanese music. The only aspect of Kuu's career that I wish we had more of is her dance-style tracks like TABOO and Driving and Be My Baby. That felt so short-lived, but is a genre she does so damn well.

Let's just hope her core fanbase holds and hopefully grows over time. I don't know if you're like me in this way, but I have been struggling for the last six years or so to cope with artists like Ayu, Kuu, Ai, MIKA, and others losing popularity and not releasing as often or not always having the big releases. For years, I was up and down and happy and sad with every single and album and tour. With Namie retiring, Ayu losing her hearing in her right ear, and Kuu doing more and more limited or mu-mo only stuff, I feel like a hugely important part of my love life with music is dying by a thousand cuts.

-> <-
Old 6th November 2017, 10:04 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

^ I've been listening to JPop for more than 10 years & no doubt the scene has changed a great deal , for better or worst depending on how you look at it

Female & male solo acts don't have a big selling impact as much as before which's unfortunate as in recent times they have been horribly overlooked by Johnnys & then subsequently the terrifying huge 48 girl groups 'family tree'

For those who said JPop is dead & all that , I disagree as it's a matter of if you're open to listen to other music genres

When I 1st started listening to JPop , I was very narrow minded as I only wanted to listen to female solo acts

Then I got bored really quickly & decided to try listening to male solo acts . And then Johnnys & JRock came knocking in which they're 2 of the main big core factors why I still listen to Japanese music as so many artistes kept me occupied which never made me experience a music slump

Anyway before I go on & on , I still support on what Kuu does . She has been 1 of the 1st few JPop acts I started listening to & it has been a journey walking with her through the good & bad times

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 6th November 2017, 11:03 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva_br View Post
Sorry guys, but I need some help D:

I'm going to buy NEVER ENOUGH but i have a question about the bag, I previously bought Hush and Lit (from Koda Gumi Shop) but is normal if the bonus item don't figure at my final order?

Is it ok my order?

I hope anyone can help me, thanks :3
idk how it'll work for this specific bonus but iirc when I bought WOML Tour live album and Tour, I received the email about the bonus item after I placed the last order.

---

Edit: Do we know what material the bag is made of? I tried looking at mumo but it's so poorly translated...

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Last edited by Gustavopc; 6th November 2017 at 02:41 PM.
Old 6th November 2017, 05:06 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalaspect View Post
You're right. I would love to see Kuu keep up her output, shift styles, stay trendsetting. She's such a chameleon in Japanese music. The only aspect of Kuu's career that I wish we had more of is her dance-style tracks like TABOO and Driving and Be My Baby. That felt so short-lived, but is a genre she does so damn well.

Let's just hope her core fanbase holds and hopefully grows over time. I don't know if you're like me in this way, but I have been struggling for the last six years or so to cope with artists like Ayu, Kuu, Ai, MIKA, and others losing popularity and not releasing as often or not always having the big releases. For years, I was up and down and happy and sad with every single and album and tour. With Namie retiring, Ayu losing her hearing in her right ear, and Kuu doing more and more limited or mu-mo only stuff, I feel like a hugely important part of my love life with music is dying by a thousand cuts.
Hm, I don't know.
For me the Japanese music market still highly interesting.
Like Karen already said, solo singers in general aren't really popular at the moment. I pity that a lot, as I prefer to listen to solos as well.
But the Japanese market is HUGE (again, like Karen already said, haha).
There are a bunch of interesting new solo artists and I don't mind my favourite veterans to release in other non-traditional ways as long as they are still releasing and touring. Popularity never was a factor for me to like somebody (and honestly, I still wonder why it seems to be for some people).
It's just unfortunate, that with popularity waning for solos in general, some new artists struggle to get enough attention to keep releasing music (like JASMINE or just recently REOL). For veterans it luckily didn't have that much impact so far.
But the Indie market is strong as well. Getting Indie stuff is just so hard.

With Kuu I also hope she keeps her core fanbase.
In recent years it looks like she was able to gain more fans (her tours are getting longer than before).
Please let that trend continue!
And if she is able to land another hit or even get more popular with the public again - of course I take that with open arms as well.
And for the music she's doing - she stated in the interviews for W FACE, that she is able to do what she wants since some time now. And even though she perfectly well knows she's not popular anymore and has haters, she's going to continue like that.
As she loves Hip Hop and Urban privately, that will certainly continue to show in her own work.
But she always had the occasional dance track here and there since her peak, so I'm sure we will get that as well (like XXX in recent years or also Is This Trap? imo).

Anyway... Kuu went to see AI live yersterday and chatted with her afterwards!

I sometimes feel like she's friends with everyone, lol.
An easy-going person for sure.

@Gustavopc:
I don't see the info anywhere.
Just the measurements of the bag.
But from the photo I guess it's cotton, cause it looks really big.
Btw. I saw at that opportunity, that the playroom colour is supposed to be grey, not white.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 6th November 2017, 05:08 PM
As if.. Initiate

i'm crazy for this song and video !!
best song of summer <3

Old 6th November 2017, 05:25 PM

For me I listen/support so many artistes until at times I can lose track on who's releasing what

Even though JRock is 1 of my main favourite music genre , I still try listen to a bit of everything except for some music genres . I like some hip hop , rap & even visual kei

It's only a matter on how open you want to explore other options . For me , some of the artistes I listen/support , it just so happens that they're friends with each other in real life (not for show online) so chances are if you like 1 of them , the possibility of liking the rest if not all is much higher

Also I want to add on that granted that now female and male solo acts cannot sell well physically as much as before , tours wise they're still doing relatively well in that aspect and for some , they can do Arena tours on a yearly basis and able to sell out most if not all dates relatively at ease

And the fact that Kuu is able to do 2 long tours back to back and selling most of the dates , I think it's evident of her longevity in the business

Lastly I never buy into the whole 'oh so & so is the latest most in artiste at the moment , you should listen to him/her' . I think that notion is really shallow as I rather listen/support someone who makes the most awesome music but can't sell well instead of the opposite

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Last edited by KarenPang; 6th November 2017 at 05:29 PM.
Old 6th November 2017, 05:34 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

I still believe that every artist has a song for everyone. Of course I'm a total fanboy, but I'm rather open to everyone and anything and sometimes I just enjoy certain music without hailing the artist. And I guess that is okay.
Old 6th November 2017, 06:08 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
@Gustavopc:
I don't see the info anywhere.
Just the measurements of the bag.
But from the photo I guess it's cotton, cause it looks really big.
Btw. I saw at that opportunity, that the playroom colour is supposed to be grey, not white.
I see, thanks for the info!

Old 7th November 2017, 12:31 AM
Interlude Initiate

Quote:
Hm, I actually don't know.
Her official website says, it's connected to the mu-mo ID you're using (the FC one is a mu-mo ID).
So you should be fine, I guess.
Yes, I've checked it but I guess I just have to cross my fingers xD Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
idk how it'll work for this specific bonus but iirc when I bought WOML Tour live album and Tour, I received the email about the bonus item after I placed the last order.

---

Edit: Do we know what material the bag is made of? I tried looking at mumo but it's so poorly translated...
Thank you, I hope they send an email or something.

★ Visit Please ★
My tumblr | Koda Kumi Mexico FP

Old 7th November 2017, 05:15 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Jacket photos for the 2017 Tour DVD and Blu-Ray!

DVD

Blu-Ray

For the Limited editions as well as for the regular.
Find the mistake!

And here's the awesome packaging for the FC edition! ❤

They gonna release the info for the special content from the download card coming with it later.

Infos and screencaps from the Japanese Koda Gumi.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 7th November 2017, 05:42 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Wow, how does that packaging work? o_0 It looks so cool!

The cover is okay. I like the idea but to me she has much better covers for the live concerts, we can barely see her...

Old 7th November 2017, 09:45 PM
Voyage Initiate

I feel like her last couple of Blu-ray covers have been way better.
Old 8th November 2017, 01:07 AM
Interlude Initiate

I'm not a big fan of the covers, but the version for the FC *_*

★ Visit Please ★
My tumblr | Koda Kumi Mexico FP

Old 8th November 2017, 03:39 AM
starting over Initiate

Doesn’t that cover seem similar to ayu’s feel the love tour??.
Old 8th November 2017, 11:46 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

The aerial/tissue dancing is indeed a common point, but the execution looks very different to me

Old 8th November 2017, 12:06 PM
Far away Initiate

I love the cover *_*

Hey, the reason of this smile and the meaning of this word can't be understood
Because I don't even want to make them understood
— until that Day...

Old 8th November 2017, 11:06 PM
Initiate

I like the cover, it's not her best but it's okayish. It would be nice if it had some sort of effect like metallic or something.

;----

NEVER ENOUGH is a ballad composed by Matthew Tishler (from @Alstar Music LLC facebook).

His songs are: NO ME WITHOUT YOU; Gimme U; Whatchu Waitin' On; Lay Down; Love me Back; Black Candy. Some other songs for other artists: FINALLY, Red Carpet & Dear Diary from Namie;
Old 9th November 2017, 10:53 AM

The last KODA KUMI LIVE TOUR 2017 ~W FACE~ date which originally supposed to take place at Okinawa last month has now been rescheduled to 28th Jan 2018

http://rhythmzone.net/koda/news/detail.php?id=1055477

Old 9th November 2017, 06:27 PM
independent Initiate

W FACE LIVE TOUR cover isn't my fav but I like it, anything is better than first things live tour cover. And that FC triangle packaging is everything.

NEVER ENOUGH cover is hands down my fav for this 3 singles project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaled kalil View Post
NEVER ENOUGH is a ballad composed by Matthew Tishler (from @Alstar Music LLC facebook).

His songs are: NO ME WITHOUT YOU; Gimme U; Whatchu Waitin' On; Lay Down; Love me Back; Black Candy. Some other songs for other artists: FINALLY, Red Carpet & Dear Diary from Namie;
I like his upbeat tracks better than his ballads. I was hoping for another stay with me or Kimi Omoi, or On And On but judging by his other ballads that's not happening. I love NO ME WITHOUT YOU so I'm expecting great things from this dude with NEVER ENOUGH.

Koda Kumi Fan since 2003 * ~ * ~ * ~ * Instagram

Closed Thread

Tags
erokakkoii, koda kumi, queen of live