[Koda Kumi] The 193rd Thread - Fanclub Live Tour ~AND~ - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 19th March 2018, 04:52 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Someone on Instagram pointed out, that this pullover is probably gonna be among the tour goods (cause of the print - it says Fanclub Tour in the triangle and an A in the middle of it).

Tour goods should be up soon.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 19th March 2018, 05:56 PM
MY STORY Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethatkuu&ayu View Post

I had the chance to watch the full JAPONESQUE videography again and the whole album project remains so impressive. I miss the days when avex would really invest in their artists.
Japonesque was her last true masterpiece for me. It's been a slow downhill slide from there.

AYU ~Countdown Live 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ [29.12, 31.12], AYU ~CDL Cirque du Minuet [29.12.14], AYU TROUBLE 18-19 [05.01.19]
Maaya Sakamoto ~Mitsubachi [30.12.12] BABYMETAL [10.01.2015]

BIG BANG [21.10.2015]
Old 19th March 2018, 06:52 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Seems like a nice goodie, can't wait to see what else they got, I really wanna buy a new t-shirt from Kuu

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 20th March 2018, 12:18 AM
independent Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
I wonder.... AND is the most melody driven and radio friendly album in ages.
That's exactly what I thought after listening to it for a few days. I think if it received good promotion it could have performed better but at the same time, I still wouldn't expect it to sell 100k. Maybe 30k at best with the good amount of the promotion.
I love AND, it's not my all time fav album from her but it's a solid one and doesn't have a single filler on it. My only issue with it that it's super short, even with two bonus tracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
- While AND has it's meaning because of celebrating the people and things bringing her to the place in life she is now, DNA is going to be an album built on the sound of the current Koda Kumi - J-POP / Club / Hip Hop.
I really hope by J-Pop she means a new traditional J-Pop ballad, like stay with me, Kimi Omoi, Koishikute and not Lick me -Part 2-.

Koda Kumi Fan since 2003 * ~ * ~ * ~ * Instagram

Old 20th March 2018, 01:31 PM
CAROLS Initiate

Wait... she's already releasing another studio album this year?? But... why?

I mean, I just listened to AND, and it is so low quality, like they invested 0 in this release and hired a bunch of amateurs.

I haven't enjoyed a Kuu's album in full since Bon Voyage, which was like 4-5 years ago

I know that she usually focuses more on quantity than quality but it's embarrassing to see her release something this bad.
Old 20th March 2018, 02:56 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maemi View Post
I mean, I just listened to AND, and it is so low quality, like they invested 0 in this release and hired a bunch of amateurs.
wow we didn't listen to the same album at all then, i've seen some people call the album trash music-wise but quality-wise that's a first

Old 20th March 2018, 05:59 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Its all relative, so I don't bother to get offended when people talk like that. I really enjoyed the album, and thought that is was all around amazing. When I see Kuu post and talk about her albums, I know that she cares and is doing what she loves. You can see her passion. People can state their opinions as facts all they want, but it just makes it look like an ill-informed opinion.

introduce a little anarchy

Old 20th March 2018, 06:09 PM
Secret Initiate

^ The way you worded your post is so condescending. God forbid people have different opinions. I thought the album was forgettable and nothing special, a pedestrian effort by Kuu. The last song I enjoyed from her was Gimmie U and the last album I liked was Bon Voyage. IDK what direction she’s taking with her music nowadays but it’s just not enjoyable to me anymore. I keep coming back in case she surprises me (and plus her albums are on spotfiy lol) so idk I have some hope for DNA but I’m not holding my breath.
Old 20th March 2018, 06:23 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

People, it's just opinions.
Some people like her change since WOML, some don't.
Just keep it on a nice level and don't insult Kuu or other fans and listener.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 20th March 2018, 07:31 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

AND Oricon Update:
3rd week sales: 864 #71
Total so far: 16,598

#5 on the daily charts today!
https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/d/2018-03-19/
#3 sold 882 copies and she's ahead of Namie's Finally. Not sure what caused the boost but perhaps she can sell 1k next week.

倖田來未
浜崎あゆみ
中森明菜
松田聖子
鈴木亜美

Old 20th March 2018, 08:02 PM
As if.. Initiate

I wonder what caused that kind of a boost? It could be that CM announced not too long after the album release. Yeah, she'll definitely scan well over 1k easily.
Old 20th March 2018, 08:07 PM
starting over Initiate

total sales so far 16k omg, way lower than w face. I have faith in dna though. I don’t know what you mean when you pointed out dna is ahead of finally. You know finally sold almost 2 million copies right??.
Old 20th March 2018, 08:22 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

^ Finally is still charting daily on Top 10, it got #7 and AND got #5 yesterday

Old 20th March 2018, 10:42 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
I haven't enjoyed a Kuu's album in full since Bon Voyage, which was like 4-5 years ago
Bon Voyage is my last favourite album from her although my copy of And has yet to arrive.
Old 21st March 2018, 02:28 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NintendoHTF1242 View Post
^ The way you worded your post is so condescending. God forbid people have different opinions. I thought the album was forgettable and nothing special, a pedestrian effort by Kuu. The last song I enjoyed from her was Gimmie U and the last album I liked was Bon Voyage. IDK what direction she’s taking with her music nowadays but it’s just not enjoyable to me anymore. I keep coming back in case she surprises me (and plus her albums are on spotfiy lol) so idk I have some hope for DNA but I’m not holding my breath.
I'm sorry you found it condescending, but nothing I said was incorrect. People are free to not like Kuu's music. I haven't truly loved a ballad from her since Secret. But, I'm not so rude as to act as though the woman doesn't do what truly makes her happy and what she thinks is good.

I haven't liked an Ayu album since Love Songs, but I still stan for her, all day everyday, because I love that she doesn't seem to give a fuck and just does her and looks like a million bucks while she does it.

Old 21st March 2018, 02:44 AM
Secret Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by a❤martian View Post
I'm sorry you found it condescending, but nothing I said was incorrect. People are free to not like Kuu's music. I haven't truly loved a ballad from her since Secret. But, I'm not so rude as to act as though the woman doesn't do what truly makes her happy and what she thinks is good.

I haven't liked an Ayu album since Love Songs, but I still stan for her, all day everyday, because I love that she doesn't seem to give a fuck and just does her and looks like a million bucks while she does it.
Hmm. I must have misinterpreted your post than. I apologize. I understand from your perspective now, and I actually agree. I’m glad Kuu found a niche that she enjoys and it makes her happy. I just don’t care for it lol.
Old 21st March 2018, 12:56 PM
Initiate

AND will probably end up selling as much as W FACE's first week, around 20k total.

As for streams: the album has +155k streams on Spotify, with the most popular non-single songs being SWEETEST TABOO, PARTY and WHO.
Old 21st March 2018, 02:31 PM
ever free Initiate

Tbh I've been following Kuu since around BEST ~second session~ and I've been WAY more into her since her style change around WOML. I feel like she finally found her "style" that suits a lot of different parts of her personality, and I'm glad she isn't trying to stretch herself super thin anymore by doing a ton of songs from different genres. I love Kuu's trashy urbanish pop though, so YMMV

Old 21st March 2018, 03:13 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

AND is still doing good today, being at #48 today, even though it's new release day.
Maybe the boost is because of Instagram? Idk.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 21st March 2018, 04:05 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NintendoHTF1242 View Post
Hmm. I must have misinterpreted your post than. I apologize. I understand from your perspective now, and I actually agree. I’m glad Kuu found a niche that she enjoys and it makes her happy. I just don’t care for it lol.
Its all good, homie.

Personally, I'm a big fan of like, gangsta rap and all that ratchet stuff, so her Money in My Bags are life for me Although, I would sell a few of my cousins for another hands

Closed Thread

Tags
koda kumi, queen of live