The ~New Artists I'm trying out~ thread - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > General Music Chat

Notices

Old 1st July 2009, 02:07 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
LoL Do you like Depeche Mode? And Margaret Cho? The comedian? Are you the one who had her in your sig? I saw that, and thought it was hilarious. I didn't know she could sing! I have to listen to that.

<3

that seems really interesting...what kind of music does she do?
lol yeah i am... she sings very well! i didnt know she could sing like that... ive only heard her rap she did "My p**s" ... im excited for her 1st album haha
just u tube I Cho Am A Woman

and as for Yuka... its rock

~2/13/10~ 3 years out of our lives but still love you baby!

-Dyne Wilkison ~~~1989 -- 2007~~~

Facebook ~ mbal's DeviantART ~ Myspace ~ Last.FM

Old 2nd July 2009, 03:43 PM
WE WISH Initiate

I love looking for new music. I devote days to it sometimes.

Sowelu
I watched her MATERIAL WORLD PV today and I think it's so awesome. So I'm going to go from there and see what else I can find.

Namie Amuro
I decided to give her another go. I first tried Namie's music a while ago and it wasn't to my tastes, but sometimes tastes change so I looked up her PVs on Youtube and I actually quite like her now. So far I really love CAN'T SLEEP, CAN'T EAT, I'M SICK, WoWa, ALARM, SO CRAZY, Hide & Seek, NEW LOOK, ROCK STEADY, Put 'Em Up, BLACK DIAMOND feat. DOUBLE and Sexy Girl.

sifow
I don't know why I didn't try her music in the first place. I absolutely love her look. I love LOVE & PEACE, RULE, Natsu Hanabi and her version of Moonlight Densetsu.

alan
I've seen a lot about alan around here and I've done quite a few requests in my shops with pictures of her so I thought I'd give her a go. I've only listened and watched Gunjou no Tani so far, her voice is so beautiful, so I'll see what else I can find.

JYONGRI
She was recommended on my Last.fm recommendation part so I decided to give her a try. Her birthday is the same as mine too, August 30th, which is pretty cool. So far I really like Hop,Step,Jump!, Kissing Me, Possession and Getting Funky!

Facebook || My Blog || Last.Fm

Old 2nd July 2009, 04:13 PM
count down Initiate

You MUST listen to Hey Monday! "Homecoming" and "How You Love Me Now" are great songs, their debut album is awesome too!

If you need any youtube links or whatever, please say it lol cos I think you might have heard of Hey Monday or something.

Also, you should take a listen to Adam Lambert... all of the songs he sang in AI. MJ's Black or White was amazing with a modern arrangement and Adams' voice. Perfect.

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 2nd July 2009, 09:15 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Hey emiko, I think I'll try Spangle call Lilli line too! I like their sound.

Right now, I'm trying apls. It's a Korean group and their style is electronica/pop/hip-hop. Sounds like a mix of Clazziquai Project and Instant Romantic Floor.

Girls' Generation is .

Old 3rd July 2009, 08:01 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
^cool! do you like them a lot? Which you posting here reminds me, I have to listen to Vienna Teng lol

I always think of you whenever she comes up because you used to have her in your sig. I actually met someone else recently that listens to her. I was all excited lol
Yeah it seems which each listen I like them more. Hehe.

Oh you should and Really? I don't think I've ever talked with someone who's a Vienna fan. lol. No one around here seems to like the same music as me.
Old 3rd July 2009, 09:00 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Hmm.. the newest artist in my 'Trying out list' is Vienna Tseng.
I just love her and the song 'Recessional' is so beautiful I can't stop listening >__<

어두운 조명 아래 또 시작되는 Move
우아한 손짓 은근한 눈빛
투명한 창가에 넌 비쳐서 아른대는 Move
묘한 그 느낌 아찔한 끌림
Taemin 「MOVE」

Old 3rd July 2009, 10:40 AM
Because of You Initiate

oh, this thread is amazing cuz i discover new artists every day.

lately ive been addicted to Lwam Tecle, she's unsigned so only few people knows about her, she makes PURE RNB, and has an amazing voice. I enjoy her very much.
Old 3rd July 2009, 11:12 PM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

wow you guys are all awesome

@sakura_genki: I know! I've been meaning to get into Sifow for like a year, and I just...keep putting it off...

like my french music! ahh sorry french music discussion people lol

@waterballoon: yeah! could you post a youtube link for them? What's your favorite song by them?

@asongforxx: I really <3 SCLL. I like that apls song too, gonna search for their stuff as well. Seems right up my alley.

@Nukaru: Another person into Vienna! Now I really can't put off getting into her lol

And today...I just downloaded an album called Empty Streets by a band called Late Night Alumni. I heard a track by them in a Michelle Phan tutorial vid on youtube, and I loved it.

They're a downtempo band, and I'm only on the second track, but I love love it.

VERY downtempo, loungy, small hints of jazz here and there, especially with the trumpet in the second track which is awesome. I think they will be one of the more recognized bands in my discography. I love love love the vocals too...they're very ethereal. Gives a really lovely and light feeling to the tracks, without taking away any of the weight from the beats.

I really like this band. I think I like them better than Esthero and Bitter:Sweet.

which, Late Night Alumni, Esthero, and Bitter:Sweet are all western artists, sort of similar genres...similar beats and jazz influences, but the last two have more electronica in their music, and more of a trip-hop feel too...

too much genre tag pollution I swear...

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Last edited by emi♡; 3rd July 2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old 4th July 2009, 12:01 AM
still alone Initiate

Namie Amuro it's been hard for me to get into her style, but i'm still trying lol

Jasmine I love her music so far and the pv. I hope she does well.

Koda Kumi Some of her stuff i love, some i hate.

♫set by ownsarai♫
☆We are One, A World is One☆
♥ayu i love you with MY ALL♥

Old 4th July 2009, 04:07 AM
count down Initiate

http://www.heymondaymusic.com/us/videos

Their (only) videos are there... I prefer Homecoming lol. And my fav. song from them is 'Candles'... no video unfortunately, but I do have a youtube link to their song:

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 4th July 2009, 04:14 AM
teens Initiate

I'm currently trying out Hata Motohiro's music. He's a J-pop solo artist.

Never heard of him before, so I just found out about him, but I'm going to give it a try to see if I like his music.

I think I'll just randomly try his videos on youtube, lol.
Old 6th July 2009, 03:21 PM
Because of You Initiate

JASMINE is new artist i fell in love with. im looking forward to her new stuff.
Jeremih is new male rnb artist, production reminds me on the dream, i really love it and his voice is so unique.
Melanie Fiona is so awsome, her voice sounds like Mutya Buena meets Jazmine Sullivan, and songs are fantastic.
Old 7th July 2009, 03:36 AM
Liar Initiate

At the moment I discovered
Tommy February/Heavenly 6
Aira Mitsuki
hmmm also KAT-TUN
can't think of anyone else, but I have lots of random songs from shows and videos I've watched too!

FlavorsCD CollectionNana Mizuki Forum
Old 12th July 2009, 06:22 PM
Trauma Initiate

Little Boots: Her album Hands is so OMGAMAZING.
Girls Can't Catch: I really like Keep Your Head Up
Miliyah Kato: I started listening to Ring and it's great.

ohaayoo, wutashee noo nahmaeh wa austin desu 8D
luls

flavors.me | last.fm | facebook

Old 28th July 2009, 06:51 AM

Reviving this thread to recommend Yamada Yu to all the hip hop/R&B/american music fans.

I really like her, even if she may not be totally original or anything...I think she's kinda cool.

here's a song people on last fm seem to love:

but my personal favorite is strong girl <3 atm, might change once I finish the album...but I doubt it lol

So everyone, go check her out

http://www.last.fm/music/%E5%B1%B1%E7%94%B0%E5%84%AA

On another note...this is a list of the new artists I've tried in the last month:

Nana Mizuki
Arlie
Aural Vampire
mouse on the keys
somomi tameoka
twenty 4-7
lecca
傳田真央
Miliyah Kato
DJ Okawari
AZU
Yozoh
Jordan Rudess
Yuka Kagiyama
Mani Mannami
BE THE VOICE
Ayaka Ikio
Based on Kyoto
Thelma Aoyama
Aya Ueto
sugar soul
Satomi Takusugi

the bolded ones are ones I like...or at least the ones I can think of right now lol

oh I HAVE to recommend Yuka Kagiyama to ANYONE who likes rock music~ She's awesome...and the PV is so scary, so be warned lol.

but she's so gorgeous, and I really like the song, which is new for me, because I don't usually like Rock, but I <3 her. Check her out

http://www.last.fm/music/%E9%8D%B5%E...94%B1%E4%BD%B3

edit: I just realised we were talking about her on the first page lol I'm slow.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

Last edited by emi♡; 28th July 2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old 28th July 2009, 07:43 AM
As if.. Initiate

yay! new artists, let's see...lately i've been trying out a lot of J-Pop:

sifow - She grabbed my interest because of the Sailor Moon remix (which is awesome!). Tried the album 'Love Spell' and it's not bad. RULE and Natsu Hanabi are great, but my fave at the moment is 'love regrets,' mainly because it's down-tempo, dark and trance-y which is a great contrast to the hyper, poppy sound that dominates the rest of the album.

Miliyah Kato - Gave her a shot and didn't like her at all. I downloaded 'Tokyo Star.' Too much engrish and most of the tracks were uninspiring RnB. Her voice is nice though

Maaya Sakamoto - I can't remember how i stumbled upon Maaya, but anyway, I listened to her mini-album 30minutes night flight. It's a bit boring, but the title track and Universe are very nice tracks. She has a mixture of slow, relaxing piano ballads, and light up-tempo songs.

school food punishment - their 3 EPs are love love love ! Please reccommend any similar bands!

General Music:
Metric - I got into them because lastfm said they were similar to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs (amazing band!). They're a good indie rock/pop band. I love their album 'Fantasies.'

@emiko: I've been neglecting french music lately. Could you reccommend an Alizee album?
Old 28th July 2009, 07:48 AM
Liar Initiate

Tried Perfume very very recently and can't say I hate any of their songs. Each one brings something new and interesting.I also tried Kuroki Meisa...uh most of her mini album is pretty boring. Criminal is ok. Bad Girl is just amazing and insanely addictive. I cant stop playing that song. Shock Unmei is pretty lackluster.
Old 28th July 2009, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitledforayu View Post
Miliyah Kato - Gave her a shot and didn't like her at all. I downloaded 'Tokyo Star.' Too much engrish and most of the tracks were uninspiring RnB. Her voice is nice though

@emiko: I've been neglecting french music lately. Could you reccommend an Alizee album?
This is how I felt about Miliyah also...I like her...but most of her songs I kinda just skipped over :/

As for Alizee...I have Gourmandises and Mes Courants Electriques, both of which...have all the staple alizee songs...so I would recommend those...although I think it might be wise to skip over the english versions in MEC...they kinda...suck...lol

I haven't listened to Psychedelices yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEP RIVER View Post
Tried Perfume very very recently and can't say I hate any of their songs. Each one brings something new and interesting.I also tried Kuroki Meisa...uh most of her mini album is pretty boring. Criminal is ok. Bad Girl is just amazing and insanely addictive. I cant stop playing that song. Shock Unmei is pretty lackluster.
Yeah Kuroki Meisa is interesting...but I'm also one of the few who found a lot of her songs boring. I do love Bad Girl though, and like two others from the mini album, but that's it.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

Last edited by emi♡; 28th July 2009 at 08:42 AM.
Old 28th July 2009, 09:08 AM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:

As for Alizee...I have Gourmandises and Mes Courants Electriques, both of which...have all the staple alizee songs...so I would recommend those...although I think it might be wise to skip over the english versions in MEC...they kinda...suck...lol
Thanks emiko! I'll try MCE very soon. Yeah, I find that a lot French artists (as well as japanese ones too) sound drastically worse when they sing in english...

oh, and i didn't mind hellcat. Bad Girl and THIS IS CRAZY were quite good.
Kuroki Meisa's a promising artist.
Old 28th July 2009, 05:26 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Spangle Call lilli Line is a Japanese sort of indie rock band, and they are AWESOME. I recommend them to all, especially if you like bands like school food punishment. Although some of their music is a little more toned down than school food punishment.
Oh really? I'm trying them out Thanks for recommending!

Last.fm

Tags
experimental, new artists, new music